Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Charles Sims............

How long has Sims been practicing if anyone knows? If so, does anyone know how he has looked in practice? How rusty will he be?

who cares, everyone here knew Monte Ball would be ready week 1 to be a top 5 pick

New boy (RB) in the neighborhood
Lives downstairs (in Tampa) and it's understood
He's there just to take good care of me (and my fantasy team)
Like he's one of the family

Charles in Charge
Of our days and our nights
Charles in Charge
Of our wrongs and our rights

And I sing, I want
I want Charles in Charge of me

Charles in Charge
Of our days and our nights
Charles in Charge
Of our wrongs and our rights

And I sing, I want
I want Charles in Charge of me

I'm starting him in one league where I'm getting killed with bye weeks. Carlos Hyde is my other option, and he's probably the better choice, but if Sims happens to do something, I'm going to act like I'm some kind of FF mystic.

I cant believe all the love this guy is getting.

He could become a PPR machine with only Rainey in front of him. What's not to love?

So here's my question. What do we think about his PT today? I picked him up and I have a flex spot where I'm choosing between him, Michael Floyd, Jerick McKinnon, and Cordarelle Patterson. Floyd is gimpy and going against a tough defense. Patterson has not had a good season at all. McKinnon has been good, but doesn't find the end zone much. My league gives 1 point per 20 yards and no points per reception, so do I roll the dice on Simms against a crappy Brown's run defense or stick with one of my other options?

So here's my question. What do we think about his PT today? I picked him up and I have a flex spot where I'm choosing between him, Michael Floyd, Jerick McKinnon, and Cordarelle Patterson. Floyd is gimpy and going against a tough defense. Patterson has not had a good season at all. McKinnon has been good, but doesn't find the end zone much. My league gives 1 point per 20 yards and no points per reception, so do I roll the dice on Simms against a crappy Brown's run defense or stick with one of my other options?

Bucs activated RB Charles Sims off injured reserve/designated for return.

The Tampa Bay Times reports the Bucs plan to be cautious with Sims, and he isn't a lock to have a role Sunday against the Browns. With Doug Martin (ankle) doubtful, Bobby Rainey is expected to start and handle the majority of carries. Sims figures to be eased in initially, and could be limited to passing situations. Fantasy owners should hope Sims becomes a usable flex by Week 10 against Atlanta. The Bucs face a ton of weak run defenses down the stretch.

I've been stashing him in a couple of leagues. Don't think he sees more than 5-8 touches today unless Rainey is truly awful--like, fumble fest vs. Atlanta awful. Against Cleveland's really weak rush defense, an awful performance from Rainey doesn't seem likely.

You play Floyd. And you keep the barf bag by your couch.

May wait till wk10 to play him and only play in emergency today!!! Oh sh!t

"ESPN's Adam Caplan reports the Bucs may wait until Week 10 to play RB Charles Sims.

Even though the Bucs activated Sims on Saturday, he may only be available in an emergency. We were never really expecting Tampa to completely unleash Sims in his NFL debut this week, but we wanted to see a few touches in hopes of an increased role for Week 10 against the Falcons' Swiss-cheese run defense. Look for Bobby Rainey to carry the load Sunday against the Browns. Nov 2 - 10:37 AM

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter"

I'm just looking to see him make the most with limited touches. The elusiveness and speed demonstrated in camp and in his first preseason game is why we are all buying. A screen for 20 yards or so would be nice today. The true test will be if Rainey performs well, albeit against a weak rush d, will the coaching staff make this into a quagmire or just on 1st and 2nd downs with Sims being the change-of-pace back. At some point, the Bucs will have to acknowledge the fact that they're not competing this year and should scout the young talent

Not playing today. I was gonna play him cause I'm hurting bad at RB this week. Now have to start Stacy or pickup Crowell and Christian

He'll remain on my bench. Starting Rainey over Sims in one league and Chris Johnson over Sims in another.

Yes, it's a really crappy year/era for fantasy football running backs.

Well i was gonna start Sims this week but just dropped Zac Stacy for Helu. Now my two RBs Gray and Helu :shocking: And im just 7-9 so cant afford to go 0-2 this week. But will

Just got home from church service to see this. Great......now I eat a zero.

Why would they activate him from IR only to deactivated him before game time??

Here is a good recent post to explain things

So, a post 24 hours ago is deemed recent by you? As reported, he was activated from IR. Why he was then deactivated before game time, I do not know.

Is one born a troll, or does one develop into one?

Well your pajama idea will work out

Okay.....one is born that way.

Sad life.

• Like 1

So Sims had 16 touches last, as many as Ike Crowell... not as much production, not on as good of a team, but he should/could be starting next week.

I think the arrow's pointing up here with a nice matchup vs Chicago next.

I know the oline has problems, which is a big concern, but he seems to be doing better than Martin and he did a lot better than Rainey last week. Has anyone actually seen Sims run, any observations on that front? How does he look?

So Sims had 16 touches last, as many as Ike Crowell... not as much production, not on as good of a team, but he should/could be starting next week.

I think the arrow's pointing up here with a nice matchup vs Chicago next.

I know the oline has problems, which is a big concern, but he seems to be doing better than Martin and he did a lot better than Rainey last week. Has anyone actually seen Sims run, any observations on that front? How does he look?

Saw him in the TCU game last year when he played for WV. Apples and Oranges surely, but the kid was impressive. He pretty much won the game for them. Great hands, fluid out of the backfield. Ran hard between the tackles. I mean, the talent is there but seriously this is pretty much his pre-season right now.

I picked him up in my keeper league, for next year primarily.