Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Charles Sims............

Cedric Benson all over again. Hey same coach. Good luck guys.

This is the best endorsement in the thread. tigeru doesn't like him.

Sims is now a lock.

Bucs beat writer Greg Auman sees 10-plus touches for Charles Sims (ankle) Sunday.

It sounds like a lot for a rookie that has been on IR/return all season, but it speaks to the kind of role the Bucs want him to have. Doug Martin (ankle) is in a walking boot and highly questionable, possibly leaving Sims and Bobby Rainey as the top-two backs against the Browns' No. 30 run defense Sunday. "There's no doubt, when (Sims) is ready to go, he will give us a spark," coach Lovie Smith said. "I feel pretty confident in saying that."
Related: Bobby Rainey
Oct 30 - 9:47 AM

Charles "Seven Deadly" Sims:

1. Lusts for the endzone

2. Is a glutton for touches

3. Is greedy over redzone carries

4. Makes Bobby Rainey look like a sloth

5. Runs with wrath through defenders

6. Gives the other 11 fantasy owners envy

7. But fills those who picked him up with pride

• Like 1

Bucs beat writer Greg Auman sees 10-plus touches for Charles Sims (ankle) Sunday.

It sounds like a lot for a rookie that has been on IR/return all season, but it speaks to the kind of role the Bucs want him to have. Doug Martin (ankle) is in a walking boot and highly questionable, possibly leaving Sims and Bobby Rainey as the top-two backs against the Browns' No. 30 run defense Sunday. "There's no doubt, when (Sims) is ready to go, he will give us a spark," coach Lovie Smith said. "I feel pretty confident in saying that."

Confident endorsement by Lovie = death warrant

Charles "Seven Deadly" Sims:

1. Lusts for the endzone

2. Is a glutton for touches

3. Is greedy over redzone carries

4. Makes Bobby Rainey look like a sloth

5. Runs with wrath through defenders

6. Gives the other 11 fantasy owners envy

7. But fills those who picked him up with pride

But what's in the boxscore? WHAT'S IN THE BOXSCORE!??

• Like 1

Source: Greg Auman on Twitter

10 plus touches sounds ok. Wish Cadet wasn't playing tonight. Decisions decisions.....

I feel pretty lucky cause I was able to pick him up in one league.

I quit the other three leagues cause what's the point?

I feel pretty lucky cause I was able to pick him up in one league.

I quit the other three leagues cause what's the point?

:doublethumbsup:

If you Google my name, you'll find a video of me playing college football, tearing up defenses like they're standing still and diving for air,

Signed,

Bobby Rainey Owner

Yes, I am...and im talking about THIS week. Not long term. Lets not turn this into the mckinnon/asiata thread

From rotoworld:

Doug Martin (ankle) remained sidelined at Bucs practice Thursday, but has shed his walking boot.

The fact that Martin has shed his boot offers a glimmer of hope for his Week 9 status, but most signs point toward him sitting out against the Browns. Reporter Greg Auman believes Bobby Rainey will lead the Bucs in touches in Martin's potential absence, but that rookie Charles Sims could earn a much bigger role going forward if he performs well. We'd consider Rainey a borderline RB2, and Sims a wait-and-see RB3. Oct 30 - 2:08 PM

Martin is officially listed as questionable this week. Me thinks the RB situation in TB is gonna be a cluster**** ROS.

From rotoworld:

Doug Martin (ankle) remained sidelined at Bucs practice Thursday, but has shed his walking boot.

The fact that Martin has shed his boot offers a glimmer of hope for his Week 9 status, but most signs point toward him sitting out against the Browns. Reporter Greg Auman believes Bobby Rainey will lead the Bucs in touches in Martin's potential absence, but that rookie Charles Sims could earn a much bigger role going forward if he performs well. We'd consider Rainey a borderline RB2, and Sims a wait-and-see RB3. Oct 30 - 2:08 PM

Martin is officially listed as questionable this week. Me thinks the RB situation in TB is gonna be a cluster**** ROS.

Martin should be doubtful every week. He sucks.

If Martin is inactive and Sims is active im starting Sims this week :wall: Its either Sims or Stacy so im rolling with the Sims Train

Martin should be doubtful every week. He sucks.

If Martin is inactive and Sims is active im starting Sims this week :wall: Its either Sims or Stacy so im rolling with the Sims Train

damn your team stinks. Choosing between Sims or Stacy? Just take the zero and call it a day.

What are you leaning towards?

Sims now but ask me in 5 minutes.

I've set my lineup so that my flex spot is empty currently. If something changes with Sims status I can make a last second acquisition and throw in a WR from the waiver wire that would be a Jeremy Kerley level but would at least be some points. As long as nothing changes I think Sims should have about the same touches as Cadet with the chance at more if he shines. I don't think Cadet has any chance to steal the show but I'd be willing to say that Cadet is a more likely bet for 5 points.

See the stupid sh!t I've been thinking all day. I need this win and that's usually when I become the over analyzer. If I lose the next 2 I'll probably start building keepers for next year.

If gio is out, I am going to start him since I have others on bye. This is a ptr league, I am hoping for ten points. I picked up moncrief as a stanby incase something changes. :thumbsup:

Last time I was on a hype train this fast, it was the Dawning of the Age of Ladarius.

BTW, they STILL haven't recovered all the bodies from that derailment. :ninja:

• Like 1

He may not even be playing Sunday...

I should dump Gray and grab Rainey while I can.

I snagged Rainey in both leagues since the Bucs are taking their time activating Sims.

OK, serious question. I just pulled off a trade to pick up Randall Cobb and this is leaving me with an extra roster spot to grab a FA as a potential flex option to play defensive matchups. Simms is available. Is he worth the grab, or should I go with someone like Terrance Williams despite the Cowboys situation.

OK, serious question. I just pulled off a trade to pick up Randall Cobb and this is leaving me with an extra roster spot to grab a FA as a potential flex option to play defensive matchups. Simms is available. Is he worth the grab, or should I go with someone like Terrance Williams despite the Cowboys situation.

I'd buy the Sims lottery ticket instead of Williams.

When Charles Sims walked on the Tampa practice field today Doug Martin's boot fell off his foot and he was healed. Martin kissed Charles feet and promised to block with all his heart Sunday so that Sims could become elite.

It was reported that Sims laughed and said 'I don't need blocking'

jdon

the entire thread shows how desperate we are for a new RB toy.....

...don't get me wrong, the guy was a great college football player....but if he plays, remember 3 things:

1. Rainey and likely Martin are gonna figure in (maybe Martin next week)

2. He's a rookie who's never played in the NFL

3. He's playing on a terrible terrible terrible team that will struggle to move the ball.

but pick him up and stick him in (that's what she said)

It's just a WW flyer out there,pretty much better than all the rest. I picked him up last week and at this point he will be my #4 RB until proven different. Get off people's cases about being happy to have a possible RB to play

It intrigues me that Lovie Smith is hyping him. Sims has been practicing since last week. What is Smith seeing?

Screw it, I'm in.

I understand. In death, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name is Charles Sims.

It intrigues me that Lovie Smith is hyping him. Sims has been practicing since last week. What is Smith seeing?

Screw it, I'm in.

I understand. In death, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name is Charles Sims.

Considering the success of just about every FA that Lovie/Licht brought in this year, I wouldn't exactly say he has an eye for talent.