Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

++ UPDATE: 4-Game Suspension Upheld - 11 of 12 footballs NE used were deflated 2psi!

Favre and Brady's lack of cooperation regarding sharing information on their phone is night and day. One has to do with the integrity of the game. The other has to do with a guy's genitals

Glad you said that actually. PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO DROP THE "INTEGRITY" OF THE GAME BS.

If someone did take air out of the footballs, the science has shown it was more probable than not that no one let any air out, what hurts the integrity of the game more?

Letting air out of the ball because it feels better. Which we have all learned does happen in the NFL.

or

What the league did or didnt do

Knowingly allowing one half of an AFC Championship to be played with deflated footballs. If the league really considered this to be such a heinous crime why did they allow that the first half to be played? If the league really wanted to protect the "integrity" of the game they would have tested the balls before they were ever put in play.

• Did the refs make sure no one touched the balls? NO
  • Why did the refs not measure and document the air pressure of each ball?
  • Why where there two different gauges that read two totally different PSI's by almost a half pound?
  • Why was it not documented which gauge was actually used?

Well?

Glad you said that actually. PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO DROP THE "INTEGRITY" OF THE GAME BS.

If someone did take air out of the footballs, the science has shown it was more probable than not that no one let any air out, what hurts the integrity of the game more?

Letting air out of the ball because it feels better. Which we have all learned does happen in the NFL.

or

What the league did or didnt do

Knowingly allowing one half of an AFC Championship to be played with deflated footballs. If the league really considered this to be such a heinous crime why did they allow that the first half to be played? If the league really wanted to protect the "integrity" of the game they would have tested the balls before they were ever put in play.

• Did the refs make sure no one touched the balls? NO
  • Why did the refs not measure and document the air pressure of each ball?
  • Why where there two different gauges that read two totally different PSI's by almost a half pound?
  • Why was it not documented which gauge was actually used?
Well?

Why did Brady need to cheat? He is the best of all time. Oh bother

Why did Brady need to cheat? He is the best of all time. Oh bother

Because one ball boy called himself the "deflator" that means Brady cheated? What actually happened that points to Brady cheating? If the guy never texted that would you still think Brady cheated? If so please show me what was done that points to Brady doing anything. I dont care if it was Eli Manning, which i hate by the way, id still say there is absolutely nothing to see here

What about the phone records? If Brady didn't cheat why is he calling and texting the deflator immediately after all this went down? Why is he providing them signed merchandise? They were getting their stories straight.

Because one ball boy called himself the "deflator" that means Brady cheated? What actually happened that points to Brady cheating? If the guy never texted that would you still think Brady cheated? If so please show me what was done that points to Brady doing anything. I dont care if it was Eli Manning, which i hate by the way, id still say there is absolutely nothing to see here

Oh

What about the phone records? If Brady didn't cheat why is he calling and texting the deflator immediately after all this went down? Why is he providing them signed merchandise? They were getting their stories straight.

Or brady knew nothing and he was calling the guy to say "what's this all about? Were you guys really deflating the balls?"

• Like 1

He more than likely did not give up his phone or any information in it because he was told not too. The first thing Jonathan Vilma said when asked what Brady should do, from http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/13/jonathan-vilma-to-tom-brady-lawyer-up-and-beat-the-nfl-in-court/

Asked by Ed Werder of ESPN what he’d tell Brady to do, Vilma said he should take the league to court.

“I talked to Jonathan Vilma, who ferociously fought what had until this point been the harshest sanctions ever imposed by the NFL on a team, the Saints, for the bounty accusations,” Werder said on SportsCenter. “And Jonathan Vilma told me, when I asked him what advice he’d give to Tom Brady, he said,I would tell him to fight the emotion of trying to publicly defend yourself, I would lawyer up and I would devise a game plan to beat the NFL in court.'”

You just basically agreed that both Brady and the Patriots are being punished for a text where the employee calls himself the deflator. Do you really think a team should be fined $1m and lose a 1st round pick because of that?

It is not uncommon for NFL players to give locker room attendants merchandise.

Oh

How much do you discredit the Steelers 1978 Superbowl? They did get caught cheating that season.

You just basically agreed that both Brady and the Patriots are being punished for a text where the employee calls himself the deflator.

I won't put words in your mouth if you don't put words in mine. The Pats and Tom Brady are being punished for a lot of things right now it seems. I find it highly suspicious that Tom Brady would be calling and texting the two doofs directly after that game and in the following days - when their phone records do not show much if any contact with Tom Brady prior to that. That guy who 'calls himself the deflator' is a 20 year vet of the team, someone who's been on the clock when all the previous Patriots cheating has occurred, someone who was trusted by Tom and the organization.

My personal feeling is that the Patriots have been cheating with lowering football air pressure for a long long time; as evidenced by their incredibly low fumble rate going back several years. Anyone with enough money can pay a scientist and other assorted experts to manufacture an excuse, er, reason for why footballs deflate. Mountains of information have been thrown back and forth and I cherry pick the stuff I agree with just as you do PS (don't we all?). I highly doubt we'll ever really know the truth, but ultimately that isn't important.

I'm from the 'here are the rules, do it by the book' camp. It would appear that you are from the 'if you ain't cheating you ain't trying' camp. I respect your defending your team and casting doubt on the process by which it's been taken to task. For me the Pats have been pretty hatable due to their recent success rate (kinda like the Yankees) but the bs that's gone on under Belicheck has stained that once proud franchise.

I'm sure cheating in all sports has been going for a long long time .

How much do you discredit the Steelers 1978 Superbowl? They did get caught cheating that season.

Oh yeah. Cool story. Was that when they practiced in pads in May ? Lol. Pretty close to cheating in AFC championship game

Why does it matter how long ago it was , they still cheated . Thought once a cheater always a cheater . Unless it happen 37 years ago and it involved the Steelers .

Why does it matter how long ago it was , they still cheated . Thought once a cheater always a cheater . Unless it happen 37 years ago and it involved the Steelers .

Steelers practiced in pads in May. Not quite up there with doctoring balls in an AFC championship game.

Steelers practiced in pads in May. Not quite up there with doctoring balls in an AFC championship game.

So cheating is not always cheating then?

God prays that Weepaws will comprehend the difference.

I know the difference . But it was also posted that cheating is cheating no matter how big or small , but I guess that's not always true just depends on what side of the fence you are on .

I know the difference . But it was also posted that cheating is cheating no matter how big or small , but I guess that's not always true just depends on what side of the fence you are on .

Practicing in pads in May? That is kind of weak... If you really want to question the Steelers, do some reading on Steroid abuse. I'd recommend "False Glory: Steelers and Steroids: The Steve Courson Story".

To be fair, the Steelers may have been ahead of the Steroid curve, but the pervasive use across the NFL, College and even the High School level reflects a win at any cost attitude that can be brutal to the players. It's sad. But, it is all about the money.

• Like 1

That wasn't my quote

It was posted on here that cheating is cheating no matter wow big or small it still is cheating . Im Just asking a very simple question . Is any type of cheating wrong ? Or is there ok cheating , or is all cheating of any kind bad for sports ? Just asking a very simple question to them the ones that know ?

Cheating is cheating no matter how long it takes to get caught.

fraud74...do you plan to update your signature?

It was posted on here that cheating is cheating no matter wow big or small it still is cheating . Im Just asking a very simple question . Is any type of cheating wrong ? Or is there ok cheating , or is all cheating of any kind bad for sports ? Just asking a very simple question to them the ones that know ?

Cheating isn't always cheating, unless it's the Patriots you're talking about and then it is. HTH

Cheating isn't always cheating, unless it's the Patriots you're talking about and then it is. HTH

Agree

Like anything else, there are degrees... For example, you would probably rant and rave if you were ticketed doing 26 in a 25 MPH zone. Would you like to be compared to a guy driving 115 on the highway with a 1.5 blood alcohol content?

Like anything else, there are degrees... For example, you would probably rant and rave if you were ticketed doing 26 in a 25 MPH zone. Would you like to be compared to a guy driving 115 on the highway with a 1.5 blood alcohol content?

Either way if you get caught your wrong . Now that's the point cheating is still cheating and it happens in sport a lot more than most know about it until someone gets caught . I mean I am not breaking the speed limit if I don't get caught right ?

fraud74...do you plan to update your signature?

can you read? I said no matter how long it takes to get caught, not how big or small the offense......OK Herby?

Someone who was found guilty of demostic violence and threading to kill his girlfriend gets his suspension cut down to 4 games. The same as Brady's will be after Goodell Upholds the earlier ruling. Guilty in court of law, not found "more probable than not" to have knowledge of something, that scientist have shown very likely didn't happen, by some lawyer paid by the NFL. Even the Patriot haters have to say....WTF

Maybe Brady should have done it and paid the two ball boys to go away like Hardy did with the women he beat crap out of and threw her on a few AR-15's and threaten to kill her.

Both cases are damn mess

Someone who was found guilty of demostic violence and threading to kill his girlfriend gets his suspension cut down to 4 games. The same as Brady's will be after Goodell Upholds the earlier ruling. Guilty in court of law, not found "more probable than not" to have knowledge of something, that scientist have shown very likely didn't happen, by some lawyer paid by the NFL. Even the Patriot haters have to say....WTF

Maybe Brady should have done it and paid the two ball boys to go away like Hardy did with the women he beat crap out of and threw her on a few AR-15's and threaten to kill her.

Both cases are damn mess

Just consider yourself lucky that only Brady got it. No way in hell Billicheat didn't know what was going on. Even if he didn't Sean Payton got a year for what? Not knowing about Bounties on his team?

Just consider yourself lucky that only Brady got it. No way in hell Billicheat didn't know what was going on. Even if he didn't Sean Payton got a year for what? Not knowing about Bounties on his team?

You are a very funny fella. What did Brady get caught doing? You are correct Belicheck did know Brady didn't hand over his phone so guess that's worth a year suspension

DENIALDenial is the first of the five stages of grief. It helps us to survive the loss. In this stage, the world becomes meaningless and overwhelming. Life makes no sense. We are in a state of shock and denial. We go numb. We wonder how we can go on, if we can go on, why we should go on. We try to find a way to simply get through each day. Denial and shock help us to cope and make survival possible. Denial helps us to pace our feelings of grief. There is a grace in denial. It is nature’s way of letting in only as much as we can handle. As you accept the reality of the loss and start to ask yourself questions, you are unknowingly beginning the healing process. You are becoming stronger, and the denial is beginning to fade. But as you proceed, all the feelings you were denying begin to surface.

Oh yeah. Cool story. Was that when they practiced in pads in May ? Lol. Pretty close to cheating in AFC championship game

O.K. so when do the suspensions for the Panthers and Vikings come in? They were messing with the footballs on the sidelines last year and no one screamed about the integrity of the game. How about when will the Jets be addressed for cheating the same year the memo about videotaping came out.

The Rule: No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game. All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead. Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game

But when the Patriots reported it in 2006 to the league the league said it was o.k. because they were in the end zone area. May I point out " All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

funny how rules get enforced for certain teams but not others. I'm not saying the Patriots did nothing wrong in 2007 all I'm saying is rules are rules are rules. If the league really cared about air pressure they should be investigating the Refs of the Jets-Patriots game in October because they grossly over-inflated the patriots footballs to 16 lbs. Or is this one of the things we don't except as fact from the text messages much like everything Walt Anderson was a fact until he recalled using the pressure gauge that didn't help the case at which point it was just asumed that he was mistaken. Hate the Patriots all you want I myself am a Packers fan but let's not be blinded by hate. Goodell and the rest of his crew need to go in favor of people that will make real rules with real penalty guidelines and not continue to treat everything on a case by case event.

You should send that message to congress .

can you read? I said no matter how long it takes to get caught, not how big or small the offense......OK Herby?

Ok Homer.

Flip side of the coin is that the Falcons were fined 350K and a 5th rounder for pumping in fake crowd noise.

Even better is the Browns were fined 250K and the GM suspended 4 games for violation of the electronic device policy. Not that I care about electronic devices but how do you suspend a GM?

I think NE should have got a fine and lost a lower round draft pick; no player suspension. That would be pretty consistent and less controversial - certainly less of a PR mess for the league.

DENIALDenial is the first of the five stages of grief. It helps us to survive the loss. In this stage, the world becomes meaningless and overwhelming. Life makes no sense. We are in a state of shock and denial. We go numb. We wonder how we can go on, if we can go on, why we should go on. We try to find a way to simply get through each day. Denial and shock help us to cope and make survival possible. Denial helps us to pace our feelings of grief. There is a grace in denial. It is nature’s way of letting in only as much as we can handle. As you accept the reality of the loss and start to ask yourself questions, you are unknowingly beginning the healing process. You are becoming stronger, and the denial is beginning to fade. But as you proceed, all the feelings you were denying begin to surface.

Denial of what? What is there to deny? If nothing happened there is nothing to deny. Please explain what myself or anyone else is denying?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-goodell-s-handling-of-deflate-gate-has-become-three-ring-circus-063247603.html

from the article

By Dan WetzelJuly 24, 2015 2:32 AMYahoo Sports

It bears repeating there remains no proof the footballs were even significantly deflated in deflate-gate. For all the curiousness and suspicion from having some Foxborough locker room lackey calling himself "The Deflator" and taking the balls into a bathroom just before kickoff, he may not have even deflated anything..........................

At halftime of that game, referee Walt Anderson had taken some convoluted measurements that came in with a wide range of data, many of them not particularly out of the norm. That's in part because of natural gas law, in part because this could in no way be considered any place for accurate scientific work and in part because Anderson used separate, and wildly different, gauges to take the data...............................

Instead after a little more than a day of collecting basic evidence and interviews, ESPN coincidentally (or not) ran with a bombshell report that 11 of the 12 Patriots footballs were underinflated by more than two pounds per square inch and, conversely, none of the Indianapolis Colts' measured as such.

It was damning.

It was also completely false.

None of the Patriots footballs were so deflated and only four Colts footballs were even measured, so that didn't matter. Someone at Goodell's office may or may not have leaked it – the league office appears to be the only entity at the time with the info. Even if it didn't, the league, equipped with the truth, failed to either refute it or just pass the info onto the Patriots. The league even fed the Pats similarly frightening, and inaccurate, data.

Essentially, whoever leaked it to ESPN counted on the report being so big that the public would believe it no matter what came out later.

It worked.

ESPN has never retracted it even though the actual stats show it breathlessly ran with bad info. The NFL has declined comment on it. Ted Wells didn't investigate how such a media leak could occur, even though he printed the ball measurements that proved it a lie.

Heck, Wells even decided to not take Anderson's word for which gauge he used on which measurements and instead just decided the ref misremembered...........................................

While plenty of people believe the Patriots and Brady cheated, there are far fewer who have read and studied the Wells Report with an open mind who believe it to be anything but a pile of junk.

You can even believe Brady did it, or at least this was extremely suspicious – as I tend to do – and be appalled at a league office that is willing to suspend him for four games with not just little to no evidence that he did anything but little to no evidence that anything even happened.

Denial of what? What is there to deny? If nothing happened there is nothing to deny. Please explain what myself or anyone else is denying?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-goodell-s-handling-of-deflate-gate-has-become-three-ring-circus-063247603.html

from the article

By Dan WetzelJuly 24, 2015 2:32 AMYahoo Sports

Dan Wetzel is a homer Might as well quote Kraft.....

Wetzel is a native of Norwell, Massachusetts and a 1994 graduate of the University of Massachusetts Amherst, where he was editor of the campus newspaper (The Daily Collegian) and majored in political science.[1][2]

is murf still talking/crying about The Patriots? It's been about ten straight years of this now...

Lol yes he is