Sign in to follow this  
Flyfreak

what's wrong with mcdonalds?

Pretty simple. The quality of the food has gone through the floor and the employees are at the very bottom of the fast food scale. Seriously..you ever want to flush out the gfiafp in your local area, open a McDonald's. So then they try to upscale the menu with a bunch of gormet chicken sammiches and iced coffees, all prepared by a bunch of retreads that could barely get it correct when it was only burgers. That's why they're cutting a bunch of items from their menu.

Nope KFC has the worst service and it's not even close.

Really, I think Chipotle is in the crosshairs next. There are far better localized wrap chains offering far more variety with the same speed and more flavors. Plus, their franchise fees and requirements are lower. With decent capitalization and a strong franchisee push, there's a handful of chains that could really pressure Chipotle.

I have never understood how Chipolte nor Qdoba has ever stayed afloat. The food there is terrible.

One night when I was in high school,me and some friends were hanging out on this walking bridge near the levee drinking and getting high. School had just let out for summer. My friend Chris's parents were leaving for Colorado the next day for the entire summer. We were all excited that the summer before we graduate,we were going to have a place to party. So one of the guys say's we should get a mascot. He wanted to go buy a big Bart Simpson pinata and stuff it with different things as the summer went on and then knock it open at the end before school. Me: That's stoopid. I'll be right back.

So fifteen minutes later I'm standing in Mc Donald's parking lot at two in the morning by the play place pushing as hard as I can on Ronald Mc Donald. He was a six foot replica that they had attached to a five foot high brick pedestal near the drive thru. He was the first thing you saw when you made the turn to pay. Creepy mother fawker with that stoopid smile and faggy wave. Ronald Mc Donald was a bout to be bunnynapped. But the fawker wouldn't come off. They had him bolted in there pretty tight and he wasn't coming off. The only way I could have gotten him off was to blow him.

I was as deflated as a Tawm Brady football. He would have been the perfect mascot. So I get in the car and drive thru the empty drive thru and see a glimmer of hope. The last thing you see before you leave is Mayor McCheese. A six foot tall staue with a big ass big mac head. I knew he to would probably bolted in there good to, but I had to try. Fifteen minutes later I'm backing my car up to the bridge with the Mayors nose sticking out of my trunk. My friends didn't know what it was untill I opened up the trunk. Me: I'd like to introduce you all to our new mascot.....Mayor Mc Fawking Cheese.

We kept him in the back yard that whole summer. Somebody took a red sharpy and made his eye's blood shot. We put Mardi Gras beads on him. The girls would dry hump him or take pictures making it look like they were having a threesome with the good Mayor. He probably got more action than we did. I got up one morning to smoke a gigarette. I look out the back window and see that there is a chick in a sleeping bag with him. It was a good summer.

But all good things must come to an end. When Chris's parents came home, the first thing his mom did was inspect the house. The house was fine. The yard was fine. Wait.... Chris's Mom: What is that hidden back there in the bush's? Chris: Bunny got drunk and stole the mayor of Mc Donald's. The one by the mall. He is our mascot. Chris's Mom: I don't want him in the yard. He doesn't fit in with my rose bush's and azela's. Tell Bunny it's time for him to find a new home.

I was planning on taking him back but the good mayor went from looking like a fine outstanding citizen to an inmate at an asylum. His eye's were blood shot. They drew him a big black d!ck. At some point during the summer, someone learned you could unscrew his head. So his head got rolled around in the street. Mayor Mc Cheese was in bad shape and he could no longer preside over the fatties waiting for their large fries. Two weeks after not being able to find him a good home, we decided to just put him out with the trash. One Saturday morning after a hard night of drinking, I was dropping Chris off. We heard the garbage men coming. So we said our goodbyes and put him out on the curb of his neighbors yard. The two black garbage men looked at each other when they rolled up. Black Garbage Man1: What the fawk is that? Black Garbage Man2: That's Mayor Mc Cheese. Black Garbage Man1: Someone fawked his sh!t up.

:cheers: brother.

http://www.obnoxiousantiques.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/officer-big-mac-300x400.j

Now that's focking funny right there :banana:

I have never understood how Chipolte nor Qdoba has ever stayed afloat. The food there is terrible.

chipotle is okay

chipotle is okay

I would rather eat Taco Bell - and it sucks too.

i only get steak items at tb

TB used to be outstanding. Then back in the late 80's or so - they changed their food. I'm guessing it was bcoz the original owner sold out to a major corporation.. End result was the suck.

TB used to be outstanding. Then back in the late 80's or so - they changed their food. I'm guessing it was bcoz the original owner sold out to a major corporation.. End result was the suck.

i don't go there often cause i have better things to do

i don't go there often cause i have better things to do

You're not missing much.

Chipotle is okay. Definitely much better than taco bell which is completely focking nasty.

Qdoba is not good though

Nope KFC has the worst service and it's not even close.

Popeyes. But then again, I ain't exactly their core demographic.

People are more health conscious and don't want to put that crap in their body. I use to be able to eat fast food, but after I've seen all these videos and things people have told me I can't even stomach it. I mean a meal at McDonald's is what now? 7 bucks? I can spend a few dollars more and get a burger from Five Guys. Plus eating thregularlya couple times a week is arguably as bad for you as smoking.

People are more health conscious and don't want to put that crap in their body. I use to be able to eat fast food, but after I've seen all these videos and things people have told me I can't even stomach it. I mean a meal at McDonald's is what now? 7 bucks? I can spend a few dollars more and get a burger from Five Guys. Plus eating thregularlya couple times a week is arguably as bad for you as smoking.

What makes Five Guys that much better?

Pretty proud to say that I've gone a whole month now without paying someone to make me food. Saving money, feeling better. :thumbsup:

What makes Five Guys that much better?

Well I'm pretty sure McDonald's uses grade D meat but I'm not sure if that's factual. Their fries also aren't nearly as greasy.

Came across this article that has me interested in visiting one of their establishments. Anybody had one?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-burger-chain-only-68-142532711.html

Yes. They got started in NYC. Pretentious but really good, I have to say. They serve beer and wine

When you can buy 2 double cheese burgers for what it costs for a pound of shiit covered mexican broccoli, what do you think most people will buy?

Pretty proud to say that I've gone a whole month now without paying someone to make me food. Saving money, feeling better. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

McDonald's hasn't been good since they took the beef tallow out of their fries in the 90's.

Remember some of your fries would be wilted and brown? Those were the best ones.

Now they're all uniform, yellow and not as tasty.

Yes. They got started in NYC. Pretentious but really good, I have to say. They serve beer and wine

Sound like a interesting marketing concept.

In reality Ruby Tuesdays serves beer and wine and they have about 50 different burgers to chose from. What makes this Shake Shack different?

In reality Ruby Tuesdays serves beer and wine and they have about 50 different burgers to chose from. What makes this Shake Shack different?

Never been to ruby Tuesday's, but shake shack burgers are good size, the meat is high quality, fresh ground beef, and the buns and extras are really fresh. It might compare to five guys, but not as greasy.

Man maybe I've got a different Five Guys in my neck of the woods. Really is nothing special at all.

Any of you have The Habit in your neck of the woods? Better than 5 guys IMO.

Still an In N Out fan over all though. :wub:

kfc's disgusting

I'm actually a huge KFC, Original Recipe fan. But oddly enough - I enjoy it more for breakfast than I do dinner. :wacko:

I think SS also is categorized more as a fast food joint as opposed to Ruby Tuesday. In regards to RT, I just ate at a Red Robin for the first time this week. Pretty good burger that was cooked perfect and had good flavor. I also enjoyed their endless fries and multiple sauce options.

It's a textbook business case fail. They reached their maturity, failed to recognize that the market was changing and got complacent. Then, they over-reacted and overloaded their menu with dozens upon dozens of new products and ingredients. They undercut the very basis of their success. The franchisees can't have that kind of inventory on hand, the employees can't be fast AND have a 130+ item menu.

This. I'm sure McDonalds will be fine though. They are prolly hitting up emerging markets like China and India that have booming populations.

This. I'm sure McDonalds will be fine though. They are prolly hitting up emerging markets like China and India that have booming populations.

I hadn't thought about that part of it. Even if they crash and burn here, they probably have 20 years before the same happens over there.

McDonalds is a well respected upper middle class restaurant in China and any real estate developer would love to welcome them to their project as their presence adds sophistication and class.

No, there's no punch line because this is not a joke. I'm dead serious. It's like having a Rolex outlet or an Apple Store or a Jaguar dealership.

Not sure how hamburgers go over in India since they consider cows sacred,

Hmmm ... well that's probably because cows are reincarnated people so maybe it's OK to eat American cows.

(it's a good point, I don't know, I can't speak for India)

McDonald's all over the world change their menus to what is appropriate for the culture. They probably serve lamb or something.

McDonald's all over the world change their menus to what is appropriate for the culture. They probably serve lamb or something.

Royale with Cheese.

Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart motherfocker. That's right, the metric system.

Not an issue at McDonalds. :thumbsup: