Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Same Sex Marriage Legalized

To answer your question, yes. That being said, I would argue that that is an apples to oranges comparison. In your examples you are (hypothetically) proposing that people with an increased risk of having children with medical problems can never marry anyone. For incest, it is a chosen behavior which significantly increases that possibility.

Like I said, I'm on the fence about it. :dunno:

Or better yet, should women over age 35 be allowed to marry?

The first part is true. Can you explain your second statement?

If two people live together and are domestic partners, in some states there is no social security benefit passed on to the surviving oartner. Now if they are married, the survivor will receive benefits. My wife's uncle lived with his girlfriend forever, they never married. When he passed away she got nothing. If they had married she would get S.S.

I have to say, the torrent of butt hurt and chicken little in my Facebook feed is one of the funniest things I've ever read. I'm enjoying it greatly.

Seen it from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I have to say, the torrent of butt hurt and chicken little in my Facebook feed is one of the funniest things I've ever read. I'm enjoying it greatly.

lol. between the Confederate flags being pulled for the most part, and gay marriage passing, the whining on my facebook feed is hysterical. Great times for America, even greater times for facebook. Haha

Are they butt hurt from all the gay sex?

lol. between the Confederate flags being pulled for the most part, and gay marriage passing, the whining on my facebook feed is hysterical. Great times for America, even greater times for facebook. Haha

Wow. I'm convinced, you are a pot stirrer. The most civil poster here even got tired of your posts.

I'm ready, it's insult time. Go ahead. I'll hang up and listen.

Wow. I'm convinced, you are a pot stirrer. The most civil poster here even got tired of your posts.

I'm ready, it's insult time. Go ahead. I'll hang up and listen.

How so?

his post was accurate. ..Facebook is full of whining over the confederate flag and gay marriage.

Also, who is this civil poster that is sick of Newbie's posts?

How so?

his post was accurate. ..Facebook is full of whining over the confederate flag and gay marriage.

imagine what fb will look like when they legalize polygamy and pedophilia

imagine what fb will look like when they legalize polygamy and pedophilia

Old News. Utah's been there, done that.

How so?

Also, who is this civil poster that is sick of Newbie's posts?

I

Here I am. And it's not that I'm sick of his posts, it's that I don't like being threatened by him.

I

Here I am. And it's not that I'm sick of his posts, it's that I don't like being threatened by him.

Yet you've been a good poster ever since. You should be thanking me. I bought you time

Yet you've been a good poster ever since. You should be thanking me. I bought you time

He has?

Nah...he moved on to following frank m and I around.

Yeah, you might want to ask slow nuff and one of them franks about that. Funny though, you, on the other hand have been taking your fair share of criticism lately. Not the fair haired boy you think you are.

Yeah, you might want to ask slow nuff and one of them franks about that. Funny though, you, on the other hand have been taking your fair share of criticism lately. Not the fair haired boy you think you are.

By JTB?? haha He's buttsore because he's coming off a nice vacation for his racist nonsense. He'll get over it. And hopefully find a nice KKK board to share his thoughts.

Wow. I'm convinced, you are a pot stirrer. most civil every poster here are tired of your posts.

Pretty much.

RP lite

Pretty much.

RP lite

rough day changing oil? Or did your male roomie snore last night? You seem hurt

Guys, Jesus Christ, this isn't a focking sorority house. Act like grown focking men.

:wave:

This is where I ask you again if you think you are some uber influential bored quasi-moderator who has some perceived power to get posters banned, and you tell me I am way off base. :thumbsup:

Guys, Jesus Christ, this isn't a focking sorority house. Act like grown focking men.

Why u trying to ruin the fun? The best reading is the bickering and juvenile name calling.

http://aattp.org/twenty-quotes-from-the-founding-fathers-on-the-separation-of-church-and-state/

John Adams was a Trinitarian Unitarian. He did not attend other churches and considered himself outside of orthodox religion.

The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded upon the Christian Religion. 1797, The Treaty of Tripoli, initiated by President Washington, signed by President John Adams, and approved by the Senate of the United States

The United States of America have exhibited, perhaps, the first example of governments erected on the simple principles of nature; and if men are now sufficiently enlightened to disabuse themselves of artifice, imposture, hypocrisy, and superstition, they will consider this event as an era in their history. Although the detail of the formation of the American governments is at present little known or regarded either in Europe or in America, it may hereafter become an object of curiosity. It will never be pretended that any persons employed in that service had interviews with the gods, or were in any degree under the influence of Heaven, more than those at work upon ships or houses, or laboring in merchandise or agriculture; it will forever be acknowledged that these governments were contrived merely by the use of reason and the senses. ~~ A Defence of the Constitutions of Government of the United States of America, 1787-88

Thirteen governments [of the original states] thus founded on the natural authority of the people alone, without a pretence of miracle or mystery, and which are destined to spread over the northern part of that whole quarter of the globe, are a great point gained in favor of the rights of mankind. ~~ A Defence of the Constitutions of Government of the United States of America 1787-1788

Religion has no place in politics and law making. Religion is used for good at times, but it's also used as an excuse to oppress and deny equality. Please keep your god out of policy making. Glad the Supreme Court did just that.

Facebook is full of whining over the confederate flag and gay marriage.

Quoting a post I saw - "My Facebook looks the Confederacy attacked a Skittles factory." :D

Quoting a post I saw - "My Facebook looks the Confederacy attacked a Skittles factory." :D

:first:

Haha. Stole it

that's a focking old wives tale

No, it isn't.

A group of genetic counselors reviewed the research on the biological consequences of sex between relatives (consanguineous relationships) (here (link is external)). They found a surprisingly small increase (about 4 percent) in birth defects among the children of married cousins. Incest between first degree relatives, however, was a different story. The researchers examined four studies (including the Czech research) on the effects of first degree incest on the health of the offspring. Forty percent of the children were born with either autosomal recessive disorders, congenital physical malformations, or severe intellectual deficits. And another 14 percent of them had mild mental disabilities. In short, the odds that a newborn child who is the product of brother-sister or father-daughter incest will suffer an early death, a severe birth defect or some mental deficiently approaches 50 percent.

There is a compelling state's interest argument argument against incest, just like pedophilia.

this thread is ghey

NTTAWWT

divorce law trumps all the benefits... Divorce and take half of the bread winners assets... Gay people make money. Gay divorce rates as high. Enjoy the new privilege of becoming sceptical of marriage

divorce law trumps all the benefits... Divorce and take half of the bread winners assets... Gay people make money. Gay divorce rates as high. Enjoy the new privilege of becoming sceptical of marriage

I wasn't aware that was a new thing.

Social security survivor benefits are a big deal.

Social security survivor benefits are a big deal.

for the next 10-15 years...

This is what's so funny about the whole thing to me.

State laws differ, but I wonder if these gays and lesbos in CA for example really know what they're looking at down the road when they divorce.