Per rotoworld

Zach Zenner rushed eight times for 85 yards and a touchdown in the Lions' third preseason game.

The highly impressive undrafted rookie dominated in this one, playing extensively with the first-team offense in the Joique Bell role, while Ameer Abdullah mixed in. Zenner ripped off eight yards on his first carry, and six on the next before breaking off scampers of 41 and 21 yards, flashing his long-run ability. Zenner also made a tackle in punt coverage, and has locked up a 53-man roster spot as arguably the star player of the Lions' preseason. Through three exhibition contests, Zenner has 162 yards on 25 carries (6.48 YPC) and tonight's three-yard touchdown, plus a 6-60-1 receiving line. Aug 28 - 10:51 PM

He looks great and as a lions guy in Michigan f he cracks the 53 man roster which he should they're talking about him starting on special teams but I think he obviously deserves more than that. If your in a deep league or dynasty he's def worth a pick.

I have been watching him all preseason. Not only does he look more athletic than given credit for, he is a hard runner. Hes not giving up on any plays and is giving 100% every snap he gets. Joique Bell has never rushed for 100 yards in a game. He isnt anything special. Might as well go with the hungry rook. I like Abdullah too, but he may benefit most splitting carries and coming in after Zenner. Zach Attack has great hands too.

I also have a buddy who drafted Abdullah and refuses to believe Zenner is a viable option. Its still a long shot obviously. And yes he is white. I still like giving my buddy shlt. He drafted CJ Anderson and Abdullah. I keep telling him i drafted Denver and the Lions starters in Hillman and Zenner.

A lot of hype on Abdullah and he hasnt done much other than that first preseason game. Plus he is undersized at 5-9 200lbs so he will never be an every down back. If anyone has a chance of stealing time away from Bell, its 5-11 223lb Zenner. This kid sure can run hard. And he has great hands and can block. He could just be the whole package. It amazes me how some of these guys go undrafted.

I had Bell last year

This year I drafted Abdullah (Last Wednesday)

But I just put in a waiver request for Zenner

I should get it since I am #4 on waiver wire.

Our league taco loves reaching for the stars on his picks. Doesn't give a fock who's still on the board, if he wants Eli manning in rnd 4, he's takin him. He will take anyone at any time. No concept of value. Is the luckiest guy in the world too. I would not be shocked if he took Zenner today anytime between rnds 5-15.

Only way to draft is going for home runs , why hold back .

• Like 1

ESPN Lions reporter Michael Rothstein expects RB Zach Zenner to play on special teams and get a "few carries here and there" if he makes the roster.

Zenner has piled on 162 rushing yards in three preseason appearances. He's likely done enough to secure a roster spot ahead of George Winn, though his workload won't be significant enough to warrant fantasy consideration.

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 30 - 9:59 AM

ESPN Lions reporter Michael Rothstein expects RB Zach Zenner to play on special teams and get a "few carries here and there" if he makes the roster.

Zenner has piled on 162 rushing yards in three preseason appearances. He's likely done enough to secure a roster spot ahead of George Winn, though his workload won't be significant enough to warrant fantasy consideration.

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 30 - 9:59 AM

Its definitely possible he doesnt get a lot of work. I think relying on a mediocre Joique Bell is a mistake, but teams do this stuff all the time. I just really hope Joiques injuries keep him from starting so we can see what Zenner has when the game matters.

White running backs simply don't work. It's just nature.

Tell that to John Riggins.

Good stash in deep leagues if Bell gets hurt but think Abdullah is guy to own, Zenner will be special teams if he makes roster. Detroiter

Looks like a great rb

Except that he is a fullback. Position of FB does not equate to FFL greatness.................................ever.

his value is if he is either traded or clears waivers and a team like the Cowboys picks him up.

Behind that OL, he could easily become the next Mike Allstott.

10. Who in the World is Zach Zenner?

Rising from the midst of Ameer Abdullah and Joique Bell this weekend was mighty rookie fullback,Zach Zenner.

RB or FB, he is irrelevant.

He may be relevant if Joique cant play during the season. Joique id sooo mediocre that the Lions would be better off benching him until they see what Zenner can do.

I read just after the draft (don't remember where) that one of the reasons he went undrafted is that he has a strong desire to be a doctor and talks about just giving FB a shot for a few years before he goes to med school. I think teams didn't want to draft a guy that was talking about being a border line NFL guy who would just walk away to go become a Dr.

I really like what I see from him and think he has a chance to be #3 RB in Det and get an opportunity for some touches. He is definitely a dynasty stash and guy to watch. Maybe he is productive enough to keep him on the field and out of med school.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/detroit-lions-zach-zenner-med-school-pursuing-nfl-career-082615

Just remember, he would be 4th on the depth chard bedind Bell, Abdullah and Riddick, so there's a chance he's not even active on Sundays unless one of them gets hurt or he beats someone out on ST. The Lions will probably need the roster space for the D-Line rotation and can't afford to use a spot for a 4th RB on game day.

Just remember, he would be 4th on the depth chard bedind Bell, Abdullah and Riddick, so there's a chance he's not even active on Sundays unless one of them gets hurt or he beats someone out on ST. The Lions will probably need the roster space for the D-Line rotation and can't afford to use a spot for a 4th RB on game day.

Probably true, but if Joique cant play he is the closest thing to a feature back that can run between the tackles. Abdullah is good enough so that Riddick shouldnt be active, but the coaches prob dont see it that way.

I read just after the draft (don't remember where) that one of the reasons he went undrafted is that he has a strong desire to be a doctor and talks about just giving FB a shot for a few years before he goes to med school. I think teams didn't want to draft a guy that was talking about being a border line NFL guy who would just walk away to go become a Dr.

I really like what I see from him and think he has a chance to be #3 RB in Det and get an opportunity for some touches. He is definitely a dynasty stash and guy to watch. Maybe he is productive enough to keep him on the field and out of med school.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/detroit-lions-zach-zenner-med-school-pursuing-nfl-career-082615

you are correct. He was projected to be a 5th or 6th round pick but once teams knew he wasnt committed to making it a career they balked at drafting him.

Don't see how he should even be on any fantasy team .

Don't see how he should even be on any fantasy team .

And bell should? I guess if it's a 10 team league, then you're right.

I'm desperate for back up runners, but I'm leaning toward Matt Jones much more than Z. Is there any love for back up Jones here? Let me hear it.