Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

Peyton Manning's arm strength 'significantly' worse

at least he threw a TD to the defense.

Wow that was a bad game , I now need to see if I can get something for Thomas the Broncos wr .

D. Thomas still outscored Dez, ODB, Calvin Johnson, and AJ Green.

I watched yesterday's game and it looked to me like the timing of the offense/passes was still a little bit off. I think once the receivers and Manning get on the same page in this new offense Manning will be much better.

Manning was on my DND list after last season.

I owned Manning for 2 seasons in a row, and I concur with what many posters here were saying. Owning him down the stretch last year was just brutal. I considered benching him multiple times, and watching his games, those lame duck passes that would flutter in the air with a horrible spiral were worrisome.

I determined Manning has a low likelihood of taking his owner to FF playoff success as down the stretch in 2014 he posted 3 below average games in a row which probably cost most FF teams their playoff win.

Manning will have multiple TD performances this year, and he will look elite at certain points, but his consistency week to week will be questionable. He'll let you down when you need him the most (late season FF playoff games in cold weather).

If I were a Manning owner, I'd unload him after his first few elite 3-4 TD games while the weather is still good.

Manning was on my DND list after last season.

I owned Manning for 2 seasons in a row, and I concur with what many posters here were saying. Owning him down the stretch last year was just brutal. I considered benching him multiple times, and watching his games, those lame duck passes that would flutter in the air with a horrible spiral were worrisome.

I determined Manning has a low likelihood of taking his owner to FF playoff success as down the stretch in 2014 he posted 3 below average games in a row which probably cost most FF teams their playoff win.

Manning will have multiple TD performances this year, and he will look elite at certain points, but his consistency week to week will be questionable. He'll let you down when you need him the most (late season FF playoff games in cold weather).

If I were a Manning owner, I'd unload him after his first few elite 3-4 TD games while the weather is still good.

I think this is spot on. Sunday was the Big Reveal for Manning. Some people where holding out hope that the decline last year was due to injury. I think that it is clear now that it was more than that.

Manning now is not an elite QB. With the Kubiak offence and the declining arm talent he has become more of a low end QB1 and a streaming option. He will have some good games against the AFC West and will be match up dependent. He will also be risky to unstartable when the weather starts to get bad at the back end of the fantasy season.

I think this is spot on. Sunday was the Big Reveal for Manning. Some people where holding out hope that the decline last year was due to injury. I think that it is clear now that it was more than that.

Manning now is not an elite QB. With the Kubiak offence and the declining arm talent he has become more of a low end QB1 and a streaming option. He will have some good games against the AFC West and will be match up dependent. He will also be risky to unstartable when the weather starts to get bad at the back end of the fantasy season.

He will still post some elite-level QB games with 3 or more TDs, however week to week, he won't be reliable. He'll still finish in the top 10 at the end of the season, however Manning went in the first round in most leagues with QB weighted scoring, I don't see the value there.

If in weeks 2-5 he posts some really good games, I'd shop him for trades while his value is high. Lookiing at QB production, after the top 6 or so, the numbers normalize and the 7 through 12th ranked QBs are all within 20 points of each other. If you believe Manning finishes in the 7-12 position (which I think he will) it's better to trade him without significant downgrade at the QB position, and get some value elsewhere if possible.

Sunday was the Big Reveal for Manning. Some people where holding out hope that the decline last year was due to injury. I think that it is clear now that it was more than that.

Sunday was the start of the Big Reveal for Manning. It ain't 100% clear yet. A couple more worthless games though...

The last few games from last season should count , he now has been avg for more than a couple of games .

The last few games from last season should count , he now has been avg for more than a couple of games .

That makes 4 in a row now.

We won't have too wait long to see if he can turn it around since he plays on Thursday night.

Which, keep in mind, may skew the numbers against his favor.

I wish I had stats on the stats of players playing the Sunday-Thursday turnaround. I would suspect they would take a hit with less prep and recovery time.

So...that may add to people's desire to cut him early, the fact that he doesn't put up a huge game only four days after playing his last game. Interesting to see what happens.

Everyone needs to wait til week 3 to judge peyton accurately. got trashed by the Ravens and quick turnaround vs good cheifs D could get mauled again. Remember last year when Brady was droppable after 4 games? Many dropped him then he was other worldly the rest of the way. Week 3 will be the key week for Manning. If your intertested in a buy low, wait til they get rocked on thurs, the owner will take a bag of poo pellets for him or any WW QB who played well.

I think you guys need to RELAX. It was week one in a new scheme, first time oline played together, and against one of the best defenses.

Don't think playing this Thursday is going to help change things around for Manning , he is what he is and it's been four games or so now he has been avg .

I think you guys need to RELAX. It was week one in a new scheme, first time oline played together, and against one of the best defenses.

This is freak out Monday! There is no perspective!

This is freak out Monday! There is no perspective!

All we do now is multiply week 1 production by 16 to finalize the year.

Just read this on rotoworld damn....

• Peyton's past 6 FF ranks have been QB20, QB31, QB15, QB20, QB24 and QB32. He was outscored by both Houston quarterbacks Week 1.
  • Manning completed just two of eight passes that were 10 plus yards downfield last week

My under 37.5 td is looking spectacular right now.

Tough to say, last year he had a 0 TD game and a bunch of 1 TD outings. If he hasn't had a 3 TD game by say week 4 then you're looking safe, or if he posts a few more 0TD outings.

40 passes for only 175 and no td said at home and you guys think he looks fine!!!!

Flacco looked far worse than Manning. Is he toast, too?

Last year, Manning was playing at an MVP level until the quad injury. The talk of his arm being toast is just hyperbole. He was among the top 3 in completions of passes that traveled 20 or more yards last year (and has been for the last 3 years). You don't just lose your ability to throw balls downfield overnight, after being elite at it for 3 years straight. You don't go from MVP candidate to "toast" in half a season.

He's adjusting to a new offense this year, has the most inexperienced offensive line in the league, and plays against 2 of the best defenses in football (Baltimore and KC) to start the season. It's hard to judge him right now. It's definitely too soon to panic. As someone else pointed out, have we already forgotten how Tom Brady was "done" after 4 games last year?

Flacco looked far worse than Manning. Is he toast, too?

Last year, Manning was playing at an MVP level until the quad injury. The talk of his arm being toast is just hyperbole. He was among the top 3 in completions of passes that traveled 20 or more yards last year (and has been for the last 3 years). You don't just lose your ability to throw balls downfield overnight, after being elite at it for 3 years straight. You don't go from MVP candidate to "toast" in half a season.

He's adjusting to a new offense this year, has the most inexperienced offensive line in the league, and plays against 2 of the best defenses in football (Baltimore and KC) to start the season. It's hard to judge him right now. It's definitely too soon to panic. As someone else pointed out, have we already forgotten how Tom Brady was "done" after 4 games last year?

Manning isnt clutch like Brady is. Remember how many times Manning has choked in the playoffs?

Don't get me wrong, if you guys want to start Peyton, have at it. I just cut him so he is all yours. Enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, if you guys want to start Peyton, have at it. I just cut him so he is all yours. Enjoy.

Oh, you had him. Thanks man, off to hit my waiver wire.

Anyone who cuts him after one game against a tough D is crazy. Week 3 will be the real test, if he isnt serviceable that week id worry. til then no. Wild things happen week 1 every year. Stand firm, bench him this week if you have a good option for his short week.

Anyone who cuts him after one game against a tough D is crazy. Week 3 will be the real test, if he isnt serviceable that week id worry. til then no. Wild things happen week 1 every year. Stand firm, bench him this week if you have a good option for his short week.

Call me crazy then, but I think we both know as the season wears on he wears down. He is 40 you know.

Call me crazy then, but I think we both know as the season wears on he wears down. He is 40 you know.

Not saying you are crazy or even wrong for dropping Manning. However my question is in what round did you draft him and Why did you draft him? Ha.. as writing this Peyton throws weak ass pass for a pick. You are a genius.

Dude is 39, it's amazing he even made it to 37. He probably will go down in history in terms of QB numbers at that age.

Tom Brady was worthless the first 4 weeks last season.

Yeah, but Brady wasn't almost 40, didn't have neck surgery and can feel his fingertips!

:wave: hey murf hows mannings arm looking? :lol:

Not good enough to throw to your wr. At least I have Manning securely on the bench.

Someone who knew he had a noodle arm probably shouldn't have drafted DT

Wow he looks bad. Glad I avoided him.

That said if I owned him I'd wait a few weeks to see how things improve, if any, as they get more familiar with the new offense. I cut bait on Brady in two leagues last year after 4 weeks because he looked like crap. I chose... poorly. :lol:

wow, I'm watching the first half of this game against KC. I earlier said he wasnt done, but I think I need to change my mind.

I'm seeing things that I've never seen from Peyton.

balls underthrown, with no zip, no spiral in some cases. He has a noodle arm.

it could just be a bad game, but wow.

at times his throws are on target, but at times they are definitely not.

yeah i thought he was fine, but he's throwing pretty weak and with this oline he's dead meat. will keep him on the roster though

Looked just like the past few years...

2 TD.

He will throw 2 more

Kibiak let him run a no huddle and probably will going forward