Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Dez Bryant

I agree and disagree . Agree that everyone heals differently , but those that hesitate are lost. And than you just have a bench warmer . I have him on one of my teams I'm going to try to trade him and if not I might just cut him lose .

How does cutting Dez Bryant apply to the "he who hesitates is lost" rule? Cutting him is purely a rash decision. And trading him when he has almost no value? Hope it's part of a big multi player deal, because you won't get much for him now straight up.

I'm keeping him on my bench and scouring the waiver wire for the players who emerge from nowhere to have great years, which happens every year.

How does cutting Dez Bryant apply to the "he who hesitates is lost" rule? Cutting him is purely a rash decision. And trading him when he has almost no value? Hope it's part of a big multi player deal, because you won't get much for him now straight up.

I'm keeping him on my bench and scouring the waiver wire for the players who emerge from nowhere to have great years, which happens every year.

You do that and enjoy watching his name on your bench doing nothing . I'm going to see if someone wants to do the same and look at his name on their bench , not me I need someone that's going to play . So if I can't trade him I'm going to dump him .

You do that and enjoy watching his name on your bench doing nothing . I'm going to see if someone wants to do the same and look at his name on their bench , not me I need someone that's going to play . So if I can't trade him I'm going to dump him .

Do you have any openings in your league?

Dumping Dez is not smart, IMO. He'll get snatched up instantly. But good luck with that decision.

By the way, all bench guys do "nothing". But, neither here nor there.

its either trade or hold. at this point it looks like he'll miss 5 weeks of the fantasy season for sure if he returns week 8. which means you could still get 6 weeks of production out of him at likely a reduced effectiveness, maybe 75-80%? still makes him a high end WR2. I figure if you can get a WR2 for him that would be good value. After tonight's waivers i'll start flinging offers at people. but I'm not going to take just anything because I do think theres a good chance Dez comes back and is effective (not just a decoy) on what should be a team right in the playoff race and I'd hate to see someone else get that benefit down the stretch.

Saying he could miss 8 plus games I'm not going to wait for him . I need production .

ESPN's Dr. Mark Adickes said 4-6 weeks was an aggressive timeframe, and a more likely timeframe for Dez Bryant's recovery is 8-12 weeks.

Dez injury is one that has kept guys out for longer all over sports. 8 weeks could be optimistic or he could come back but not be the same. Its not that crazy to suggest dumping him. Id much rather trade him for some value to an optimistic owner. Maybe for a guy like Garcon that has increased value now.

Dez owner offered him up for mike evans in my league... not a chance...

wonder if he'd bite on terrance williams... Dez's value is in flux

Nobody knows - that's the bottom line.

Jerry Jones was on this morning, said Demarcus Lawrence had the same injury last year. He came back after 8 weeks - but Jones said he could of come back sooner.... Based on Dez's fire and freakish body - I'd be shocked if he's not back before 6 weeks.

The injury sounds like a Jones fracture, which I've had twice (as has Julio). It is slow to heal because of poor blood flow in that area. Prognosis depends on severity. My first break required a plate and screws, and I was on a kneelie wheelie thing for a few months. Second break was less severe and required a walking boot for maybe 6 weeks.

It seems to me that they usually underestimate the healing time for these breaks. :dunno:

The injury sounds like a Jones fracture, which I've had twice (as has Julio). It is slow to heal because of poor blood flow in that area. Prognosis depends on severity. My first break required a plate and screws, and I was on a kneelie wheelie thing for a few months. Second break was less severe and required a walking boot for maybe 6 weeks.

It seems to me that they usually underestimate the healing time for these breaks. :dunno:

Yea that's what we've been hearing today... What was the pain like - pretty bad?

dez will be his own worst enemy during rehab--rest is absolutely imperative, and the guys who push it are the most likely to reinjure.

Been on the phone and texting , and I am not getting anyone on board on how great he will be once he returns . Just crickets .

I'm going to offer him to a guy in my league who has Julio/beckham/evans for evans straight up. figure he's prob down on evans with the inactive this past week....i really want to try and get something rather than just let dez take up a bench spot for 6+ weeks.

what kind of value should dez return? WR2? nothing?

if you think he will trade evans for Dez you are disillusion

Yea that's what we've been hearing today... What was the pain like - pretty bad?

Eh... not severe pain, but you can't play on it. The risk is that if you come back too soon, it can re-break. Heck, my second break came 10 months later and was not high impact like the first.

If you don't own Dez, this thread is like slowly driving by a horrible car wreck.

Smoten by Fantasy Buddha :ninja:

Best offer I've gotten so far is Stevie Johnson for him. turned it down because I have woodhead plus it's not enough anyway. Sanders owner turned me down though it was over text I never sent an official offer.

Bottom line this is a situation where most dez owners will have to hold and hope and scour the wire.

if you think he will trade evans for Dez you are disillusion

Probably though this particular owner has made bad trades before. haven't heard back from him yet.

It's too early to be able to trade. People are likely attached to their draft, there's no reason for them to give up on players even if they completely blanked like Sammy Watkin for a player that they know 100% will give them a few zeroes.

Wait for some news and for some leaders to emerge. People are always looking for a little extra for the playoffs.

Bottom line this is a situation where most dez owners will have to hold and hope and scour the wire.

Hard to make decent trades when nobody knows the timeframe. I expect we'll have a better idea within a week.

Best offer I've gotten so far is Stevie Johnson for him. turned it down because I have woodhead plus it's not enough anyway. Sanders owner turned me down though it was over text I never sent an official offer.

I would take S Johnson , I'm still trying to find a buyer , no luck yet .

the team worked him out today, i believe.

I was jesting, but hey, when you think of Hakeem... I think Dallas is going to like Brice Butler.

I think Dallas is going to like Brice Butler.

What's his work ethic like? Is he a gym rat type, or one who does just enough to get by?

What's his work ethic like? Is he a gym rat type, or one who does just enough to get by?

Well I can say Raider fans aren't happy with the move. Butler never complained about playing time, always did his job. Work ethic wise I know he did off season summer workouts back home in ATL with Megatron and AJ Green. Definitely never heard any negatives.

A solid player, fairly nondescript. But mainly his wheels gave us a big play threat the WRs ahead of him on the depth chart did not. He's plenty fast, just You Tube his TD catch against the Bolts last season when he took a typical Carr short pass to the house by splitting several defenders. He'll be as fast as any Cowboy WR even after Dez returns. And his 6-2 215 size allows him to play split end.

We just didn't see a lot of him on the field. Seventh rounder out of SD State. The prior coaching staff seemed down on him for 'mental errors' but all those clowns are fired now. The party line out of the new regime is that the kid was buried on the depth chart and they needed roster space for other positions. Wide receiver is probably the only place this team has any true depth at, and we've had injuries in the secondary even this early in the year.

Bottom line is solid upside talent and potential. As for any returns, a lot depends on how he's coached up and his environment around him on the field. There's obviously a big difference between an Oakland offense led by Derek Carr and Tony Romo's posse lol...

more analysis from local radio. since 2004, 28 NFL players have had the same injury. shortest recovery time was 6 weeks, longest was 13, average of 9.

more analysis from local radio. since 2004, 28 NFL players have had the same injury. shortest recovery time was 6 weeks, longest was 13, average of 9.

Listening to the Fan? Ha, just heard Fish with that too. :D

Foot injuries tend to linger. I'm not buying.

I agree.

This could easily be a season long issue for him. some of these injuries turn into season enders. This isnt quite as bad as the dreaded Lis Franc injury, but it's pretty bad.

those bones in the middle of the foot are not always an easy fix. Honestly, if I was a Dez owner I'd have rather he broke his leg. At least with a broken leg it will heal clean.

This type of injury is really a crapshoot. Lets hope for no complications. If any tendon or ligament damage is done in there, I'd suggest hes done for the year.

yup. fish, broaddus, and spags are the local guys i trust the most.

Spags always puts a homer spin on his analysis. If you can filter it out you've got solid data.

Spags always puts a homer spin on his analysis. If you can filter it out you've got solid data.

Spags is damn near as bad as hearing an update from a player's mom - hardly take anything he says to heart. Broaddus about as good as it gets - and Fish is nails too... From a #'s perspective - nobody is better than Hitzges. I also like the fact he has a direct line to Gosselin.

Spags is damn near as bad as hearing an update from a player's mom - hardly take anything he says to heart. Broaddus about as good as it gets - and Fish is nails too... From a #'s perspective - nobody is better than Hitzges. I also like the fact he has a direct line to Gosselin.

Norm is nails. They play him as the butt of many bits on that faux sports station, but he's sharper than all the rest of those jokers put together. Damn pissed we don't get Cowherd anymore on ESPN from 9-12.

Would anyone take Jonathon Stewart for Dez?

Few more games and Stewart will be on the same injury list as Dez .

I don't give a shat what happens. I traded James Jones for him right after the injury. I picked up Jones off the waiver literally minutes before gametime as a flyer. I hope he sits 8 weeks and gets healthy. I just need him to stack with romo come playoff time.

True it would be easier to drop if he were placed on the NFL IR.

But holding onto hope versus having some one you can play is situation dependent.

In my case, I have too many "flyer" guys and "backups" of other guys to roster someone to waste a roster spot on Dez.

Honestly, i would rather, in a flex league, drop Dez today and pickup ASJ on the hopes last week wasn't a mirage. .

Maybe I will get him back later. But I do not expect he will be taken off the FA pile for weeks.

Not until certainty of his return improves.

He drafted Romo in the with the second last pick in the first round, then went over the top for Dez. We all laughed our asses off.

Please no "I wanna play in your league" posts, everyone else knows what they're doing. This guy forgot to bring any draft lists to the draft. Yeah he's that guy.

You won't get that from me. I think every one of my leagues has that one guy.

• Like 1