Sign in to follow this  
Einstein's Dog

Ahmad Bradshaw - anyone?

Anyone else getting in early on the Ahmad Bradshaw train?

From where I sit, it looks like the Colts would be fools not to bring him back. They have Gore and then 2 rookies. They let go of Boom and Ballard. An extremely talented team with one old RB and 2 rookies? Doesn't make sense to me.

And once A Bradshaw is back, he will be a force again. He has good chemistry with Luck and has produced in the past. Bradshaw could be big in ppr leagues, just like last year. The third down back gig looks like it could be all him.

Bradshaw is healthy now, broken bones heal fully. The Colts have expressed interest. I believe the delay is two fold - one, AB was suspended for a game and that is now over, and two I believe there is some financial stuff going on. I believe those issues are now cleared up. I expect the team to announce him back soon.

The earlier you get in, the cheaper the price will be.

What do you think?

Makes a lot of sense, but I'd temper expectations some. Bradshaw was so good last year partly because TRich was so bad. Not sure Bradshaw gets the same amount of touches this year.

But yeah....he can obviously produce in that offense, and even at a fraction of last year's totals he'd still be a viable RB3/bye week filler type.

He was money for me last year and I've definitely been keeping an eye on the news releases. The Colts were a better team last year when Bradshaw was in there as opposed to Richardson and could arguably be better in 2015 when he's in there instead of Gore. Josh Robinson didn't flash much last week with just 4 carries for 11 yards. But in my case, I'd have to give up more than I care to to grab him preemptively.

Not until they release word of his signing

Sure you can wait but once word comes of his signing, his price jumps. I am thinking his value right now is as a lotto ticket in deep leagues, like 12 man 20 deep types. Hard to find waiver wire RBs in those.

There was talk earlier of Gore being put on a "pitch count". IMO, Bradshaw would be a lot better option than either rookie. And right now it doesn't look like Indy has the 3rd down type back.

I was hoping to hear something official this week.

Bradshaw was a lot more than the 3rd down back last year. if i recall he out-touched TRich in most games.

Since Gore >> TRich, I don't think Bradshaw get the same workload - *if* he gets signed. If there was that much love for him he would have been signed already by the Colts or somebody. Riding the Bradshaw train last year was a lot of fun, but I don't see that happening again, at least with the Colts.

Than he will get hurt again , no thanks I will pass .

Bradshaw was a lot more than the 3rd down back last year. if i recall he out-touched TRich in most games.

Since Gore >> TRich, I don't think Bradshaw get the same workload - *if* he gets signed. If there was that much love for him he would have been signed already by the Colts or somebody. Riding the Bradshaw train last year was a lot of fun, but I don't see that happening again, at least with the Colts.

Bradshaw may not get the same number as last year, but Indy has stated they want to put Gore on a "pitch count". And although it was against the tough Bills D, Gore did not look good. Indy has a history of poor evaluations of RBs (see TRich). Bradshaw could steal the gig back again.

There may be several good reasons for the delay in Bradshaw signing. One, he was suspended for a game for league violation (wed). Secondly, now teams can sign veteran players to non-guaranteed contracts - so financial considerations are at play.

I'm hoping they pull the trigger soon.

I had Bradshaw last yr and if I remember correctly it seemed he was always saved by a flukey td reception to give him a good fantasy day.

Right, if you take away all his TDs, he was not very good. He was even worse if you take away all his catches and rushing yardage.

• Like 2

I've already added Bradshaw in two of my three main money leagues and I'm looking to find room to add him in the third where I'm already loaded at RB. Once he signs, I'm looking to deal.

I do remember thinking Bradshaws TDs were kind of fluky last year during his run, but he kept getting them. Then when he went out and Boom got a lot of those fluky TDs. So, now I don't think they are so much fluky but more of a system type thing. I think if Bradshaw comes back to Indy he will get TDs. I think it would be reasonable to downgrade his production because of Gore. But you can still downgrade the 700 yds rushing, 300 yds receiving, 6 TDs, and nearly 4 catches a game for his 10 games and still have a valuable asset (yes he sported over 17 fpg's in ppr).

I consider Bradshaw the best available free agent RB out there. Someone should want him. I am hoping he goes to Indy over say Tenn or New England. Although at Tenn he might be the main man.

I think it is financial at this point. Similar to what the Bills did with Cassel. I hope/think AB is shopping around the offer he got from Indy (I think he met with them Tues) and will make a decision soon.

I think he decides within a week. Hoping for Indy - he'd be playing real soon and getting those fluky TDs again.

I've already added Bradshaw in two of my three main money leagues and I'm looking to find room to add him in the third where I'm already loaded at RB. Once he signs, I'm looking to deal.

Now we're talking, welcome to the club.

Now we're talking, welcome to the club.

I can see holding him until after Week 4. The fact that Indy has "expressed interest" gives me plenty of optimism to carry him during these early weeks when the waiver wire doesn't always produce a flavor of the week. More than anything, though, I just want a team full of assets. Can you imagine how much a RB-needy owner would pay if he goes back to Indy? I bet someone would be willing to trade me a low-end WR2/high-end WR3.

David Johnson or Bradshaw? I would drop Stafford.

so you would drop a starting QB who should not be on the wire for a RB who is not even rostered in the NFL?

i guess this is a complicated game for some.

so you would drop a starting QB who should not be on the wire for a RB who is not even rostered in the NFL?

i guess this is a complicated game for some.

You don't think the makeup of his roster and the rosters of the other teams in his league determine whether this is a good call or not? Do you not pay attention to those things when you pick up players?

Better nfl play than fantasy play. Colts should have picked him up weeks ago. One of the best change of pace rbs in the league.

He's got some fresh legs, maybe part bionic by now ... lotta ppl don't know this, he is only 29 years old.

He's a swiss army knife kinda guy, and either the Colts, or somebody else is gonna sign him.

And then he gets hit, and then his head pops off, and then he goes on IR. Thats what i expect from him.

But you could possibly get top 10 rb numbers in ppr until that happens. Well worth the stash

Anyone else getting in early on the Ahmad Bradshaw train?

From where I sit, it looks like the Colts would be fools not to bring him back. They have Gore and then 2 rookies. They let go of Boom and Ballard. An extremely talented team with one old RB and 2 rookies? Doesn't make sense to me.

And once A Bradshaw is back, he will be a force again. He has good chemistry with Luck and has produced in the past. Bradshaw could be big in ppr leagues, just like last year. The third down back gig looks like it could be all him.

Bradshaw is healthy now, broken bones heal fully. The Colts have expressed interest. I believe the delay is two fold - one, AB was suspended for a game and that is now over, and two I believe there is some financial stuff going on. I believe those issues are now cleared up. I expect the team to announce him back soon.

The earlier you get in, the cheaper the price will be.

What do you think?

I have a question about his suspension.

I was under the impression he signs, then serves his one game suspension, then he can play.

you are suggesting that he has served his suspension while unsigned and now can sign and play. I'm not sure this makes sense, but I could be wrong on this.

can someone clarify this for me?

He's got some fresh legs, maybe part bionic by now ... lotta ppl don't know this, he is only 29 years old.

He's a swiss army knife kinda guy, and either the Colts, or somebody else is gonna sign him.

It's true, because of the injuries and part time work people think he's some 33 yr old clinging to life. Any team would be lucky to have him. I thought he be great on the saints. He's better than spiller.

I have a question about his suspension.

I was under the impression he signs, then serves his one game suspension, then he can play.

you are suggesting that he has served his suspension while unsigned and now can sign and play. I'm not sure this makes sense, but I could be wrong on this.

can someone clarify this for me?

Found this in the 9/15 article by Alec Nathan in the Bleacher Report:

And according to the Indianapolis Star's Stephen Holder, the team has expressed "some interest" in free agent Ahmad Bradshaw, who's reportedly healthy and ready to go after serving a one-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

I picked A Bradshaw up (again). I just can't stay away. I did it in a deep league and trying to get in right before he signs and his price goes way up.

A Bradshaw visited Tuesday (again)

His signing in Indy makes so much sense to me that Indy not doing it is baffling to me.

The backup fumbled again. And weeks prior blew a blocking assignment.

I guess I am rooting for Indy to lose tonight. I think that would help speed up the obvious decision to sign the guy (give the fans hope).

obviously he is not signing this week... maybe early next week they willl bring som1 in..

I don't think it is obvious he is not signing this week. I am hoping he does it tomorrow. That would give him 10 days before the late night Patriots game on 10/18.

This is the second time now that he was brought in. I don't know why it is taking so long. The Bills were a lot quicker putting Boom on their squad. But unlike Boom, if Bradshaw gets signed he would immediately have value. Top 25ish ROW in ppr.

I don't think it is obvious he is not signing this week. I am hoping he does it tomorrow. That would give him 10 days before the late night Patriots game on 10/18.

This is the second time now that he was brought in. I don't know why it is taking so long. The Bills were a lot quicker putting Boom on their squad. But unlike Boom, if Bradshaw gets signed he would immediately have value. Top 25ish ROW in ppr.

i dont know man... it makes no sense they haven't signed him yet... like u said they brought him in 2 times already.. maybe they havent liked what they have seen from him??... y bring him in 2 times and not sign him when they clearly need backfield help ??.... i picked bradshaw up at the beginning of the week and dropped him this mourning... i cant hold him when they might not sign him for another 2 weeks or not sign him at all... rbs are brought in all the time every week.. teams always take a look... i would think if they wanted 2 sign him they would have done it already.. just my opinion

• Like 1

Best guess from @ColtsAuthority is that he wasn't signed this week because Josh Johnson is taking up a roster spot. According to @NateDunlevy , the lack of a receiving option out of the backfield has been the single biggest problem with the offense (ignoring Luck's injury, of course -- which very likely came from defensive play after an interception). Those are the guys to read for the Colts (to understand/evaluate the team; not necessarily for the first scoop on news). The local Indy writers are nice for feature stories, but terrible for any analysis.

Note that the "why wasn't he signed?" guess does not come from any leak. And yes, signing him makes at least as much sense as it seems on the surface. He's cheap and fantastically productive. If he gets hurt, it's still a net gain overall. Gore has not been good as a receiving back.

If I could drop CMike (added before last week's game, just in case he got 6 carries instead of, you know, 1), I'd add Bradshaw.

if had anything left, why then wouldn't another team in need of RB help sign him ?

would love to grab him my current backs are LeVeon Bell, Jeremy Hill, Jstewart, Vereen, Cmike(want to hold on a couple more weeks), Karlos Williams, so I would have to drop one of them

If I could drop CMike (added before last week's game, just in case he got 6 carries instead of, you know, 1), I'd add Bradshaw.

Why can't you drop him? Or is it you don't want to drop him?

if had anything left, why then wouldn't another team in need of RB help sign him ?

A good and fair question. I actually can't think of a single team with compelling reason to use the roster spot/cap space on a 29 yo RB coming off of an injury. Buffalo was the only real candidate, but Boom Herron is cheaper and lacks the injury history, even though he has less talent.

Why can't you drop him? Or is it you don't want to drop him?

Haven't convinced myself yet, and not enough time to before kickoff probably (keeper league). We do have FAAB instead of the forsaken waiver priority system, so that will let me spend on Bradshaw after the game starts if I want (whereas CMike would clear waivers Saturday).