Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Matt Jones

Well, starting him based off Sunday's performance. The risk is there.

oh ok. I didnt know if you meant trade Antonio Brown all in or your waiver priority all in or something in between.
  • Like 1

No, no. Sorry for the lack of clarification. Poor choice of words. Just wondering if he should be in starting lineups or benched another week. I know it depends on options. Like I'm debating on starting him over Landry or possibly Ivory at flex.

We're obviously all guessing at this point. Jones is clearly the better back. He's been all through training camp and you could see it plain as day on Sunday. But Morris is still a good runner. As the cream rises to the top, Jones will start getting more and more work. But as for this week, with the short week, I could see Thursday being another even split. I think if Jones continues to show his superiority, week 4 may be the week that he'll start getting most of the work.

Morris and Jones are going to split carries. Could be 60-40 one week then 40-60 the next. Skins are also more likely to throw to Morris who has good hands. Not a true RBBC, because both should score well. A great case where a starter and handcuff should both be started.

Morris and Jones are going to split carries. Could be 60-40 one week then 40-60 the next. Skins are also more likely to throw to Morris who has good hands. Not a true RBBC, because both should score well. A great case where a starter and handcuff should both be started.

Perhaps you should research the hands of Morris

Perhaps you should research the history of Morris hands

No, no. Sorry for the lack of clarification. Poor choice of words. Just wondering if he should be in starting lineups or benched another week. I know it depends on options. Like I'm debating on starting him over Landry or possibly Ivory at flex.

Why would you bench landry? He has 8 catches each week. He is a top 10 WR so far.

Why would you bench landry? He has 8 catches each week. He is a top 10 WR so far.

It's standard scoring.

I'm tempted to start him over Jeremy Hill, but I probably won't.

Actually I think Jones might be the better receiver?

We're obviously all guessing at this point. Jones is clearly the better back. He's been all through training camp and you could see it plain as day on Sunday. But Morris is still a good runner. As the cream rises to the top, Jones will start getting more and more work. But as for this week, with the short week, I could see Thursday being another even split. I think if Jones continues to show his superiority, week 4 may be the week that he'll start getting most of the work.

Statistically speaking, Morris did just as well in week 1 as Jones did week 2.

Actually no you are the one who is wrong.

Your right. Just checked, surprised at the amount of work he's gotten on 3rd downs. I'd say Jones is the 1A and Thompson is the 1B on 3rd downs. My bad, Mr. Nice.

Your right. Just checked, surprised at the amount of work he's gotten on 3rd downs. I'd say Jones is the 1A and Thompson is the 1B on 3rd downs. My bad, Mr. Nice.

I forgive you

So is the consensus wait another week or go all in?

It depends on who else you have over him.

Not sure if serious or trolling

Seems like a valid post. Both are in timeshares right now. Hill has the better long term history, Jones has looked better in his brief sample this season. Why would he be trolling? At some point, you have to put away the preseason cheat sheets and observe how things are going in the actual games. I don't own Hill, so I'm not faced with the decision, but if I did, I'd have to be thinking long and hard about it.

Matt Jones will be the future of redskin, I hope he take over this year, he looks to be better than Morris.

Morris' contract is up after this season. He's a goner. And Gruden's job is on the line if they don't win. Gruden is surely seeing what all of us are seeing. He has a monster in Matt Jones. He will play him because he needs to win now./ Morris is still a nice player and won't be phased totally out. But as the season progresses, the 50/50 split will start to widen more and more in Jones' favor.

Who will get more carries? Morris or Randle? (ppr league + 1pt/rushing attempt) i've flipped back and forth a dozen times this week already.

Seems like a valid post. Both are in timeshares right now. Hill has the better long term history, Jones has looked better in his brief sample this season. Why would he be trolling? At some point, you have to put away the preseason cheat sheets and observe how things are going in the actual games. I don't own Hill, so I'm not faced with the decision, but if I did, I'd have to be thinking long and hard about it.

Just seems like a bold move over a one game sampling.

Just seems like a bold move over a one game sampling.

True, I guess. But last week's game didn't come as a huge surprise to those who were following the buzz on Jones through training camp. I've been hearing about what a freakish talent he was since early August.

I've heard the Preseason buzz as well. I think it was somewhat surprising to many. Considering the Rams stuffed Lynch the week before.

I have both Morris and Jones in a Non-PPR league and just picked up Jones in a PPR League. No idea what to do about tonight.

Who will get more carries? Morris or Randle? (ppr league + 1pt/rushing attempt) i've flipped back and forth a dozen times this week already.

With Dez out I would go Randle

agree here but mostly because hill's matchup this week isn't good...he fared poorly vs bmore last season. couple this with the benching and its certainly on the table to start a guy like jones over him, but i only would if i felt like i needed a HR this week rather than a steady 10ish points.

I drafted Jones based on the hype but he's been on my bench. Starting him tonight over Yeldon and Dion Lewis who I was able to scoop off the waiver wire this week. Not expecting anything like last week but I'll be happy with 10-15pts tonight out of him.

I really like Randle this week. I expect them to ease Weeded in with lots of hand offs and ball control.

I don't think MJones is a starter yet over guys who are proven to get touches. If your banged up I wouldn't mind using him but I'm waiting until they start utilizing him in the passing game before I deploy him each week.

Next year is when I'm really excited about this guy. I traded for him in my keeper league just to let him sit on my bench so any production for this year will be gravy.

I'm excited! I'm starting Jones tonight in my most important league, over Freeman, Woodhead, Blount, and I guess you could add Hankerson and Crabs as we have a flex spot (although I'm not using the flex--using an RB slot, because it's thursday and leaving the flex open till Sunday gives me more options).

It's still week 3, he may pull a sudden goose egg, because he's a rookie and the #2 back. But I'm playing a guy who is going to rack up a ton of points, so I'm shooting for the moon to try to get the underdog win :)

It's nights like this that remind me why I like playing FF. I'd otherwise not pay a damn bit of attention to this game.

GAAAAH!
I picked up Jones yesterday. Now my backs are Lacy, Morris, Jones, and D. Lewis. Thinking about putting Jones at flex over Lewis...

tik tok tik tok

He looks great. Getting 5 yards every time he touches the ball. 7 carries for Jones, 2 for Morris. Now if we can get him in the end zone.