Sign in to follow this  
martyj13

Karlos Williams

Not against the jets def and with McCoy also rolling .

Considering it after the slew of injuries.

Jets D is a tough matchup...but the guy seems to break a run or a nice catch every game. Sure, hard to sustain that...but seems the type of guy that could find success against a team like NY.

i have shady and karlos...thinking of benching both in favor of davante adams in my flex. situation tonight is simply too tough to call. not only is it a coinflip between shady and karlos, but it also might be a heads you lose, tails you lose situation at NY on a short week.

Anyone rolling with Karlos Williams tonight? Thoughts on his production?

I really, really want to play both Tyrod and Karlos tonight but I'll probably puss out last minute and sit them both for Kirk Cousins (v. NO) and Ryan Mathews (v. MIA).

If I'm playing either tonight it'll be Karlos because his floor has been 10 in standard every time he's played. If McCoy goes out early, or they split carries (which I can see as reasonable), even better...

I'm rolling with Karlos over Yeldon and Starks. Karlos has been a beast, super high floor. Jets defense is tough but I had this same argument about robinson last week, I rolled with him and I was glad I did.

Rolling with Forsett, Lynch and Langford. Benching Karlos and Chris Johnson.

Anyone think this is a bad idea?

With Forte practicing, I would be a bit worried about starting Langford. I have McCoy and Chris Johnson. Who would you start this week?

Rolling with Karlos over Antonio Andrews. My RB2 situation is a mess.

• Like 1

Rolling with Karlos over Antonio Andrews. My RB2 situation is a mess.

I feel you, with Freeman out I have to decide between Karlos and Riddick

With Forte practicing, I would be a bit worried about starting Langford. I have McCoy and Chris Johnson. Who would you start this week?

Tough call. I'm benching Chris Johnson because I don't like the Seattle matchup. Not crazy about Thursday games either.

Karlos owner here. Love the kid....but let's be honest:

Yes, he is a very talented RB who has a nose for the endzone, and will be a fantasy impact player for years to come if he stays healthy. That being said, he may be a bit over-hyped right now.

There are a couple of red flags, one of which is glaring if you are depending on him for the rest of this year.

1. His "TD every game" will not last for long. TD's are just too flukey. Remember that David Johnson had 5 or 6 TD's right out of the gate this year. His TD pass tonight was a thing of beauty, but could have gone to a number of different players. Without that grab, he has a sub-5 point night....in a game where they ran the ball all night.

2. I heard that the concussion he is recovered from was the 3rd of his football career. Just something to keep in mind. Lat Murray also concerns me in this area.

3. The glaring red flag, as far as fantasy production is concerned, is the reemergence of Shady. He looks outstanding....just like his old self. He seems to be finally healthy, and will be their workhorse if he remains that way, getting his share of TD's as well.. Karlos won't be kept off the field, of course.....but a TD-dependent change-of-pace back can be a heartbreaker....as we all know.

Am waiting for the professional Internet "experts" who predicted a limited role for Shady to come clean and admit their advice is worthless and that they're as clueless as my elderly Aunt Edna when it comes to forecasting this stuff. And waiting, and waiting, and waiting ...

Am waiting for the professional Internet "experts" who predicted a limited role for Shady to come clean and admit their advice is worthless and that they're as clueless as my elderly Aunt Edna when it comes to forecasting this stuff. And waiting, and waiting, and waiting ...

Not sure why anyone would predict a 'limited role' for a guy they traded for and are investing big cheese in... I personally said I didn't think Shady's heart was in it. Some guys you can just get a read on their character, such as the instance McCoy ran up a $200 restaurant tab and stiffed the waitress.

He's hardly been a model of consistency this season, malingering to start the pre-season, missing two games and parts of another, and failing to top 20 pts in standard scoring in any game. And it hasn't even REALLY started to get cold in Buffalo yet.

He's shown flash of the old Shady these last two weeks, I'll give him that. But stop with the self grandeur please.

McCoy is still one of the top 4 -5 most talented RBs in the league. People forget he had a hamstring injury that has ended some peoples seasons. hes just getting close to healthy.

He was darn near unstoppable last night. Williams in a what I thought he was..........a back up RB.

Well said Stonewall

I'll bet BUF is kicking themselves for the huge contract they gave Shady not knowing they snarked a diamond RB in the 5th round.

However, it's not out of the question KWill posts RB2 numbers going fwrd even if it's a 60/40 split in Shadys favor.

• Like 1

Karlos owner here. Love the kid....but let's be honest:

Yes, he is a very talented RB who has a nose for the endzone, and will be a fantasy impact player for years to come if he stays healthy. That being said, he may be a bit over-hyped right now.

There are a couple of red flags, one of which is glaring if you are depending on him for the rest of this year.

1. His "TD every game" will not last for long. TD's are just too flukey. Remember that David Johnson had 5 or 6 TD's right out of the gate this year. His TD pass tonight was a thing of beauty, but could have gone to a number of different players. Without that grab, he has a sub-5 point night....in a game where they ran the ball all night.

2. I heard that the concussion he is recovered from was the 3rd of his football career. Just something to keep in mind. Lat Murray also concerns me in this area.

3. The glaring red flag, as far as fantasy production is concerned, is the reemergence of Shady. He looks outstanding....just like his old self. He seems to be finally healthy, and will be their workhorse if he remains that way, getting his share of TD's as well.. Karlos won't be kept off the field, of course.....but a TD-dependent change-of-pace back can be a heartbreaker....as we all know.

There are plenty of systems where two legit RB's are fantasy starters. The Bills had one themselves with Spiller and Jackson not too long ago. Dwill and Jstew when they both had over 1100 yards rushing, Taylor and MJD.

It's looking like both of these guys are going to get their opportunities with the emphasis on McCoy, but I traded big for Karlos and I still think it was the right move. Karlos still managed 10 points for me last night against a tough Jets defense. After last night he's averaging 13.8 points per game.

Take away half his touchdowns then, still averaging 10.8 pts per game. In a league where you have to start two RB's like mine, he's definitely a top 20 RB no matter how you chop it up. In fact, among active RB's (Not on IR) he's currently in 4th place over all for average points per game.

Sure Shady is still the main man, sure Karlos has a concussion history, those are both potential obstacles to his continued production, but I don't see how he's over hyped.

There are plenty of systems where two legit RB's are fantasy starters. The Bills had one themselves with Spiller and Jackson not too long ago. Dwill and Jstew when they both had over 1100 yards rushing, Taylor and MJD.

It's looking like both of these guys are going to get their opportunities with the emphasis on McCoy, but I traded big for Karlos and I still think it was the right move. Karlos still managed 10 points for me last night against a tough Jets defense. After last night he's averaging 13.8 points per game.

Take away half his touchdowns then, still averaging 10.8 pts per game. In a league where you have to start two RB's like mine, he's definitely a top 20 RB no matter how you chop it up. In fact, among active RB's (Not on IR) he's currently in 4th place over all for average points per game.

Sure Shady is still the main man, sure Karlos has a concussion history, those are both potential obstacles to his continued production, but I don't see how he's over hyped.

Lets not forget about Rex Ryan being the coach now. he said he was going to show the Jets a run and he did with just Shady

Well said Stonewall

I'll bet BUF is kicking themselves for the huge contract they gave Shady not knowing they snarked a diamond RB in the 5th round.

However, it's not out of the question KWill posts RB2 numbers going fwrd even if it's a 60/40 split in Shadys favor.

Don't know what 60/40 you're talking about. Coming off a slight injury and on a short week, McCoy got the majority of rushes and touches overall with the pass game.

Running game was like 70/30. If you include the touches in passing...then it's more like an 75/25. Playing time seemed more like an 80/20 tbh.

2 rbs can be great in a game like last night where Bills are dominating and running it down the throats

Jets looked lost

But

In games where Buffalo gets beat and forced to pass, both Rbs will hurt, especial Williams

You're riding the Buffalo Bills

They will show they are barely a wild card team in the AFC

Well said Stonewall

24 touches for McCoy and 8 for Williams. Not sure how that is 60/40???

2 rbs can be great in a game like last night where Bills are dominating and running it down the throats

Jets looked lost

But

In games where Buffalo gets beat and forced to pass, both Rbs will hurt, especial Williams

You're riding the Buffalo Bills

They will show they are barely a wild card team in the AFC

Who gives a crap if they make the playoffs? This is about fantasy points. The proof is in the pudding.

The Eagles rode shady like a rented mule. Buffalo doesn't need to do that with the emergence of Karlos. Last night was a must win and a hugely important game with playoff implications. The split won't always be so lopsided.

I'm still comfortable with Karlos as my RB2.

I would not be comfortable with Karlos Williams as a number two rb .

The Eagles rode shady like a rented mule. Buffalo doesn't need to do that with the emergence of Karlos. Last night was a must win and a hugely important game with playoff implications. The split won't always be so lopsided.

I'm still comfortable with Karlos as my RB2.

Shady was winded in that came, calling over to the sidelines for a breather. He can't handle that many carries going forward.

I also have Yeldon and Starks. This weekend will go a long way to determine who my real RB2 is, or I may be rotating based on matchups, but I'll never be worried if I'm starting Karlos. This was a terrible week for him and he still got 10pts. Kid has a super high floor, and if McCoy goes down lookout man, gonna be huge.

I also have Yeldon and Starks. This weekend will go a long way to determine who my real RB2 is, or I may be rotating based on matchups, but I'll never be worried if I'm starting Karlos. This was a terrible week for him and he still got 10pts. Kid has a super high floor, and if McCoy goes down lookout man, gonna be huge.

Yeah I agree that having Williams on a team is a good move , but has a number two I'm not to sure about that . But it's working for you and that's all that matter , good luck this weekend . Praying For You Paris God Bless .

there has not been one game to support why you would feel that way. The guy just has a nose for the endzone. And the bills have even ran him on goaline situations. I am comfortable with him as my #2 or flex option. So far it has not hurt me once.

I agree he is Five for Five right now , but Im Not a big fan of a back up rb as a number two rb on my fantasy teams who's points come mostly from tds . What if he does not find the end zone ? I can see him in a flex position , but as a number two rb I'm not comfortable with it .

Don't know what 60/40 you're talking about...

"going forward, even if it's a 60/40 split..."

Was meant as a projection.