Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

sitting diggs?

30 mph wind gusts seems like a trap to the air game. what say ye?

Gonna wait until closer to game time to see if forecast changes. If not, then I might bench him for LaFell. Already have Carr and Murray going in that game and don't want weather to impact my scoring too much.

I'm debating between him and Lafell. Thinking of going Lafell for the lower floor

Would t you know it. I just dropped Aiken today to pick up Ajayi, thinking I didn't need Aiken. Smh

Would t you know it. I just dropped Aiken today to pick up Ajayi, thinking I didn't need Aiken. Smh

I have Diggs in the same league I grabbed Ajayi, and I'm not considering sitting Diggs, even though I have Hill or Lockett with return yardage I could start instead.

Consider: http://archive.advancedfootballanalytics.com/2012/01/weather-effects-on-passing.html?m=1

Wind doesn't affect passing as much as you'd think, looking at those stats.

I just checked it out and it said winds will be 21 mph, definitely breezy. I also am starting Carr, so I have two players of interest. I could pick up Cousins if I get really panicked, but I would hate to bench hot Carr who has been sizzling against pretty darn good defenses like Jets and steelers just because there is a 21 mph wind.

I just checked it out and it said winds will be 21 mph, definitely breezy. I also am starting Carr, so I have two players of interest. I could pick up Cousins if I get really panicked, but I would hate to bench hot Carr who has been sizzling against pretty darn good defenses like Jets and steelers just because there is a 21 mph wind.

Heh, looks like we're rising or falling together, Carr is my guy in that same league too. Only with Luck out, I'm not picking up anyone else.

I would roll with Carr

Given the wind in the forecast, is Davante Adams a better play than Diggs?

See the link above. Strong winds drop passing efficiency by 0.5 yards per attempt, and tend to make teams run more often...something like *two* more running plays per game. Cold is the real passing game killer.

That said, if you think Adams is ready to turn it on, you could do worse. I grabbed Adams up where I could, I think he's going to be good down the stretch. But I want one more good game before I sit a guy who's in the middle of establishing himself as uncoverable. Adams might outscore Diggs...Rodgers throwing you the ball, against the Lions...could do worse. I have both in one league, starting Diggs, fwiw.

See the link above. Strong winds drop passing efficiency by 0.5 yards per attempt, and tend to make teams run more often...something like *two* more running plays per game. Cold is the real passing game killer.

That said, if you think Adams is ready to turn it on, you could do worse. I grabbed Adams up where I could, I think he's going to be good down the stretch. But I want one more good game before I sit a guy who's in the middle of establishing himself as uncoverable. Adams might outscore Diggs...Rodgers throwing you the ball, against the Lions...could do worse. I have both in one league, starting Diggs, fwiw.

Thanks for the feedback. Diggs value is tied to Teddy playing, and I thought I read somewhere that he hasn't been cleared to play yet by the doctor, but the coach still expects him to play. Hopefully they make that announcement by 1pm so owners aren't stuck without a replacement at 4pm if Teddy can't go.

Given the wind in the forecast, is Davante Adams a better play than Diggs?

I would start Adams with confidence. He is my value play of the week in Fanduel at $5800.

If I had Adams, even I might play him over Diggs. So many question marks in Minnesota- wind, Bridgewater.

30 mph wind gusts seems like a trap to the air game. what say ye?

I say its a good day to fly a kite :dunno:

It has to be tough to bench LaFell. Winds?? Is the game being played on an open area with no protection????

It has to be tough to bench LaFell. Winds?? Is the game being played on an open area with no protection????

LaFell should a very decent game this week. The Giants are week at corner, especially to the side that LaFell runs his routes

Playing Starks over him at flex, full ppr. Had Diggs in until news of Lacy sitting. Playing Cooks and Jordan Matthews over him also and also sitting Martavis Bryant.

The Diggs hype train has derailed, its over.

I sat him this week and that was the right move, but I don't think he is done yet. I still think he should have some strong games down the stretch. AP is a beast but won't rush for 200 yards every game.

I sat him this week and that was the right move, but I don't think he is done yet. I still think he should have some strong games down the stretch. AP is a beast but won't rush for 200 yards every game.

AP had that 80yd td at the end of the game when they werent throwing anyway. Diggs had a couple good games and is now done. Let him continue to single handedly kill your team or not.

AP had that 80yd td at the end of the game when they werent throwing anyway. Diggs had a couple good games and is now done. Let him continue to single handedly kill your team or not.

Agree to disagree. I understand one of those td's for AP was the late, long 80 yard one, but they ran all day, dictated by the pace of the game. Diggs had 4 very good games followed by 2 bad games. This past bad game he only had 2 targets. Perhaps teams are working on taking him out of the game, but that is hard to do consistently every game or you see what AP will do to you. He also has a really good fantasy playoffs schedule. Your "let him single handedly kill your team" comment is beyond over dramatic. Unless you are in a 10 team league or less, most #3wr or flex types are going to be inconsistent from game to game.

Either way, Diggs is my 5th after Marshall, Cooks, Martavis and J. Matthews and I only start 2 and flex max of 2 anyway, so he will rarely start unless I have injuries or bye issues (like this week) and this is the last week of byes. I just think the time to jump on a train is often when everyone else is jumping off. His skills have not changed. If someone drops him, he is 100% worth a stash to see if he turns it around.

Agree to disagree. I understand one of those td's for AP was the late, long 80 yard one, but they ran all day, dictated by the pace of the game. Diggs had 4 very good games followed by 2 bad games. This past bad game he only had 2 targets. Perhaps teams are working on taking him out of the game, but that is hard to do consistently every game or you see what AP will do to you. He also has a really good fantasy playoffs schedule. Your "let him single handedly kill your team" comment is beyond over dramatic. Unless you are in a 10 team league or less, most #3wr or flex types are going to be inconsistent from game to game.

Either way, Diggs is my 5th after Marshall, Cooks, Martavis and J. Matthews and I only start 2 and flex max of 2 anyway, so he will rarely start unless I have injuries or bye issues (like this week) and this is the last week of byes. I just think the time to jump on a train is often when everyone else is jumping off. His skills have not changed. If someone drops him, he is 100% worth a stash to see if he turns it around.

Agreed. He's not a WR2 or better, but worth waiting on if you can.

It will be a smart skillful move to sit him and wait to see what he does after this weekends game if you can sit him . If not use your skill to adjust your lineup .

It will be a smart skillful move to sit him and wait to see what he does after this weekends game if you can sit him . If not use your skill to adjust your lineup .

I def need to use more skill in starting guys guys who score more points. Maybe some practice with clicking the start/sit button will hone my muscle memory.

• Like 1

I def need to use more skill in starting guys guys who score more points. Maybe some practice with clicking the start/sit button will hone my muscle memory.

Nope, luckily, I rolled some dice for you, because it's all just luck anyway, and got your starting lineup. You should definitely start Eric Weems this weekend. That will pan out just as well as any conclusion you used your brain to come to.

I do not believe that Diggs is a fluke.

The guy is cat-quick in and out of his breaks, and reminds me a whole lot of AB and Marvin Harrison.

Hold - particularly in games against high scoring teams with weakish DBs - like the next one coming up.

I do not believe that Diggs is a fluke.

The guy is cat-quick in and out of his breaks, and reminds me a whole lot of AB and Marvin Harrison.

Hold - particularly in games against high scoring teams with weakish DBs - like the next one coming up.

Nah, it's all just luck. Stop talking about DB skill and point totals and stuff that could be actually thought about. Sounds like you're trying to say that thinking is required in this game.

DDD!! He will have some good games down the stretch other than weeks 13 and 14.. His past 2 games were vs rams which is tough (ask Alshon) and at Oakland where the wind was supposed to be strong + the Raiders decently high powered offense, more than likely contributed to Minnesota bringing the run heavy game plan out to play..

2 catches is crummy but he did catch 100% of his targets, it's not like Marshall or Eifert who were horrific with their catch % this past week.. This leads me to believe that the second the vikes need to sling it around to compete, it will be Diggs leading the charge..

Nah, it's all just luck. Stop talking about DB skill and point totals and stuff that could be actually thought about. Sounds like you're trying to say that thinking is required in this game.

Your using extremes to punctuate points we are making in the other thread. Lets keep it in there. Obviously not starting Eric Weems. Im saying its luck when deciding between the obvious pool of viable players, not every nfl player.

Your using extremes to punctuate points we are making in the other thread. Lets keep it in there. Obviously not starting Eric Weems. Im saying its luck when deciding between the obvious pool of viable players, not every nfl player.

I know, I was trying to just poke fun. Sorry :)

Diggs is a for real WR, he has skills, but Bilgewater is inconsistent and ADP is the guy they go to first in that offense.

I'm benching Diggs for D. Adams in one league, I think Adams gets more targets and has a better QB throwing him the ball.

In another league I'm benching Diggs for Cobb. Same reasoning as above, I think GB will start to get better.

Diggs is a for real WR, he has skills, but Bilgewater is inconsistent and ADP is the guy they go to first in that offense.

I'm benching Diggs for D. Adams in one league, I think Adams gets more targets and has a better QB throwing him the ball.

In another league I'm benching Diggs for Cobb. Same reasoning as above, I think GB will start to get better.

Well, they can't get worse. Can they? :unsure:

I wouldn't bench Cobb for Diggs either - unless there is a specific matchup I was staying away from.