Sign in to follow this  
witbone73

Frustrated Owner Just Dumped his Roster

An owner in my league, who lost out on the playoffs due to a tiebreaker, just cut his entire roster. The likes of AJ Green, Jonathan Stewart, Allen Robinson, Martivus Bryant, Chris Ivory, and TY Hilton are on the WW (he also cut his three QBS, Luck, Ryan, and Stafford). All will clear waivers on Sunday prior to the start of the games. I think this is such BS. All the playoff teams that have a higher waiver priority, including my opponent this week, are going to scoop up these highly coveted players and change the playoff landscape. Should the Commissioner step in?

Is this even a question? Of course he should step in an lock out every player the guy dropped. Panicking because you dont have waiver priotity is silly.

Obviously those players are off limits and there should be an opening in your league next year.

Yes the commish should lock every player. It happened in my league a few years ago and the commissioner forced them back onto the roster. There is a setting in most leagues (I play in yahoo) where it will lock teams that missed the playoffs.

Should the Commissioner step in?

Absofreakinlutely!

With out a doubt.

The commish needs to add back every single player to his roster. Every one. And then lock his team so he doesn't do it again.

Now, depending on the who he is, the history, the relationship, I'd think long and hard to ever invite back.

Total BS move of the first DB Order.

Yes, lock those players and find a replacement for that owner next year.

^^this

put every player back on his team and lock him out of it. end of story.

we had a guy in our work league last do the same thing. he (player A) was made because we had a weird situation where another guy (player B) had to dump a good but hurt TE who got ruled out late monday night. Player B had to win to make the playoffs and made the only move he could, dump his TE and replace him with one in the Monday game since everybody else was locked. Player A knew the waiver order and realized one of the better teams was gonna pounce on the dropped TE. His move in protest (he wasn't going to make the playoffs) was to drop Aaron Rodgers. Our commish put Rodgers back on Player A's team. Player A then dumped his entire roster. Commish put them all back and locked him, now Player A isn't playing with us this year.

it's amazing that people do this. my 15 yr old son plays in a league with his buddies for the last couple years. they have a similar situation where one kid has changed his team name to "tie breakers suck" and dumped his entire roster as well. complete douche move, but at least it's being done by a 15 yr old...this is a grown-azz adult pulling this crap the OP mentioned.

my twins (13 yrs old) also play in a league with school buddies. one kid, who's really nobody's friend, somehow got himself 2 teams. he's been working the waiver wire on both teams and making trades to himself and now has far and away the best team. there's no money involved, but it's amazing that kids do this and grow up to be adults who pull the same sh!t.

put every player back on his team and lock him out of it. end of story.

we had a guy in our work league last do the same thing. he (player A) was made because we had a weird situation where another guy (player B) had to dump a good but hurt TE who got ruled out late monday night. Player B had to win to make the playoffs and made the only move he could, dump his TE and replace him with one in the Monday game since everybody else was locked. Player A knew the waiver order and realized one of the better teams was gonna pounce on the dropped TE. His move in protest (he wasn't going to make the playoffs) was to drop Aaron Rodgers. Our commish put Rodgers back on Player A's team. Player A then dumped his entire roster. Commish put them all back and locked him, now Player A isn't playing with us this year.

it's amazing that people do this. my 15 yr old son plays in a league with his buddies for the last couple years. they have a similar situation where one kid has changed his team name to "tie breakers suck" and dumped his entire roster as well. complete douche move, but at least it's being done by a 15 yr old...this is a grown-azz adult pulling this crap the OP mentioned.

my twins (13 yrs old) also play in a league with school buddies. one kid, who's really nobody's friend, somehow got himself 2 teams. he's been working the waiver wire on both teams and making trades to himself and now has far and away the best team. there's no money involved, but it's amazing that kids do this and grow up to be adults who pull the same sh!t.

You should have your kid go over to that kids house and punch him in the face in front of his mother and siblings.

You should have your kid go over to that kids house and punch him in the face in front of his mother and siblings.

We've discussed it. :thumbsup:

I play in a fun league with my brother and my 14 year old twin nephews and some of their friends :) Started as a way to teach them the game.

I used to get the best trade offers when they were younger: I give Rodgers, I get Matt Asiata. Comment with trade: "I looooove you Uncle Brotherbock!" :P

But now with 14 year olds, none of them pull that kind of roster-dump crap. There are 14 year old adults, and adult 14 year olds, apparently.

I play in a fun league with my brother and my 14 year old twin nephews and some of their friends :) Started as a way to teach them the game.

I used to get the best trade offers when they were younger: I give Rodgers, I get Matt Asiata. Comment with trade: "I looooove you Uncle Brotherbock!" :P

But now with 14 year olds, none of them pull that kind of roster-dump crap. There are 14 year old adults, and adult 14 year olds, apparently.

I remember reading your other thread on the offers you got. My 15 yr old has one kid in that league who offers CRAPTASTIC trades regularly. I took the advice from that previous thread and told him to offer his kicker for the other guys entire roster with the message "Stop issuing shitty trades!" so he did. Problem solved, no more bad trade offers.

I remember reading your other thread on the offers you got. My 15 yr old has one kid in that league who offers CRAPTASTIC trades regularly. I took the advice from that previous thread and told him to offer his kicker for the other guys entire roster with the message "Stop issuing shitty trades!" so he did. Problem solved, no more bad trade offers.

Forgot I'd posted about that before. Still makes me laugh.

Nice job for your son. Does the other guy make good offers now, or just stopped making offers entirely? Either way, it's a win.

Forgot I'd posted about that before. Still makes me laugh.

Nice job for your son. Does the other guy make good offers now, or just stopped making offers entirely? Either way, it's a win.

He quit making them. He's kind of a scumbag anyway, really entitled kid, not real good friend of my son's. Tried to hit on my son's GF and my kid put him in his place. I think he's scare of him now. :doublethumbsup:

He quit making them. He's kind of a scumbag anyway, really entitled kid, not real good friend of my son's. Tried to hit on my son's GF and my kid put him in his place. I think he's scare of him now. :doublethumbsup:

Send him a trade offer: his top QB, RB, and WR for the girlfriend. :P

Restore roster and lock.

Yup, then make sure the comish bans him from any future leagues and football related contests.

Also harassing the guy unmercifully for being a complete loser should be on the table also, but to each their own.

Every league I'm in you pay for dropping a player any transaction cost you money , now that stops any and all this kind of ugly stuff for. Taking place . And this person must be removed from this league going forward .

This is why I'm thankful my main league has been going for 20 years. We don't have any of the whacky issues I read about here all the time.

This is why I'm thankful my main league has been going for 20 years. We don't have any of the whacky issues I read about here all the time.

Got a fifteen year league, have also mostly had no problems. We did have the ill-fated weekly payout one week of one year for "highest scoring bench"--a guy who assumed he was out of the playoffs benched his entire roster that week for $10. It caused a stir, had to have some a Come To Jesus meeting. But mostly there's no issues.

She wasnt even the first to say it. Trying to get back in her good graces?

It was the most succinct way of putting it. on a scale of 1 to The planet explodes, good graces are a 1.

Got a fifteen year league, have also mostly had no problems. We did have the ill-fated weekly payout one week of one year for "highest scoring bench"--a guy who assumed he was out of the playoffs benched his entire roster that week for $10. It caused a stir, had to have some a Come To Jesus meeting. But mostly there's no issues.

Yeah, we've had a few come to Jesus meetings too, but for long leagues we all value the integrity of it, so it's been forever since anything has been an issue, and we change rules all the time. Which can lead to issues but we don't really have any crop up.

I feel for the people that have to deal with the nonsense, but a decent commish should be able to stop all of it quickly and with common sense.

if your commish does not step in you should punch him in his face in front of his wife and kids. then do the same for the owner.

Kind of f'd up. But you gotta admit, that was a pretty good idea.

At least in a "your a really big d!ck and you cant do that, but still pretty good kind of way".

Big props for using the ol noggin.

Kind of f'd up. But you gotta admit, that was a pretty good idea.

At least in a "your a really big d!ck and you cant do that, but still pretty good kind of way".

Big props for using the ol noggin.

That's what kept people from getting really upset. Of course, the bigger problems are playoff implications for other teams. Luckily, his best lineup that week would not have beaten the team he was playing against, so I didn't even have to worry about replacing them all into the lineup (which I was debating, but if I put in a lineup other than he would have, and his team wins, the other guys could get upset...it was messy).

Clever, but definitely a no-no :)

It was the most succinct way of putting it. on a scale of 1 to The planet explodes, good graces are a 1.

Sooooo trying to get back in her good graces