Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Odell Beckham is a disgrace - 1 Game Suspension

Don't act like you are 1 of us when by your own confession play free-leagues on yahoo and are probably in the play-offs against somebody who has 4 people on IR who also made it.

I dont play in free leagues.... like i said.

As a becks owner who somehow magically made THE SB, izasad now. That guy has been carrying my team.

Come on James Thrash, free the man.

Josh Norman is an equal loser to becks imo.

The biggest loser is the nfl, which has become comical to watch. It's such a bad product. Without fantasy/gambling it would be dying much faster than it is.

• Like 1

The biggest loser is the nfl, which has become comical to watch. It's such a bad product. Without fantasy/gambling it would be dying much faster than it is.

Without those two aspects, I honestly think the NFL would be playing 90% of it's games on cable TV like the NBA

you mean people don't tune in to watch two awful, non playoff teams play each other without money or a fantasy football game on the line?

you mean people don't tune in to watch two awful, non playoff teams play each other without money or a fantasy football game on the line?

It's not JUST that I allude to.

The overlying problem that Jarvis brings up is evident every week. There is some really bad football, and the officiating somehow is nearly worse every week. And aside from large amounts of moolah every day and night, the interest in a majority of games is meaningless to nonexistent.

And that brings to the next point: What percentage of people that subscribe to a service like NFL Sunday Ticket do so SOLELY because of fantasy football? While I love watching the Eagles games, I can easily find alternate avenues (both legal and illegal) in order to do so that don't involve me forking over a couple hundred bucks.

Prior to the NFL tweaking the scheduling, for the longest time I never understood why they didn't arrange the schedule to have divisional games at the end of the season. Fantasy football (prior to DFS days) was and still is 95% completed during Week 16. In order for them to assure themselves of quality ratings for a bulk of games, they had to realize this. They can cry competitive balance all they want, it's always about money for them.

The funniest thing is: Depending how the games go this weekend, there might be a total of only four games that actually have ANY playoff relevancy the final week of the season.

• Like 1

Good points. Just hard to imagine how they will suspend Odell knowing people will watch him due to fantasy football and/or because he is one of the most notable players in the league that brings in a ton of money on a weekly basis for them. And why? because people are all of a sudden worried about players' health? Really??

• Like 1

Speaking of player's health... Not that I own Julio Jones or anything but if this helmet to helmet was so vicious as to warrant a suspension, I think Norman should be in concussion protocol for at least a week. Am i wrong???? lol

Concussion movie which was a reaction from society already beginning to fizzle on football.

Nfl is more concerned about losing new business than the degenerate gamblers they know they own.

Football has peaked and is going to decline.

Speaking of player's health... Not that I own Julio Jones or anything but if this helmet to helmet was so vicious as to warrant a suspension, I think Norman should be in concussion protocol for at least a week. Am i wrong???? lol

I know you are half way joking but it's a very good point. With Odell not being kicked out of game, and Norman able to go next week with no limitations, it seems like a suspension is for show. Everyone is so bent out of shape over this. It's quite amusing.

Good points. Just hard to imagine how they will suspend Odell knowing people will watch him due to fantasy football and/or because he is one of the most notable players in the league that brings in a ton of money on a weekly basis for them. And why? because people are all of a sudden worried about players' health? Really??

They tried to suspend Brady for 4 games, including for a banner raising game, because they don't understand the Ideal Gas Law.

Really???

I know you are half way joking but it's a very good point. With Odell not being kicked out of game, and Norman able to go next week with no limitations, it seems like a suspension is for show. Everyone is so bent out of shape over this. It's quite amusing.

So, no harm, no foul? Really??? If a defensive player launched himself like that during the course of a play, he'd be looking at a multi-game suspension. OBD did it late and outside any relevant action of the play - the only purpose was to cause injury. With all the lip service the league has been giving to player safety, he should be getting at least 4 games.

Ultimately, one thing and one thing only could dictate whether this situation turns into an absolute nightmare for the NFL.

And we all know what it is...

Closet Door. Opening.

Ultimately, one thing and one thing only could dictate whether this situation turns into an absolute nightmare for the NFL.

And we all know what it is...

Closet Door. Opening.

If I was him I would say I was gay even if it was a lie. How fast would that suspension be overturned and OBJ become the victim. :D :lol:

• Like 1

Isn't it well known that Tom Brady is a fanuke? What's the big deal?

• Like 1

Sorry but this is dumb logic. You need to legislate on the intent, not the outcome. OBJ intentionally launched his head into Norman's head. If the NFL had a spine he would be done for the year and into next year, but they don't.

Sorry but this is dumb logic. You need to legislate on the intent, not the outcome. OBJ intentionally launched his head into Norman's head. If the NFL had a spine he would be done for the year and into next year, but they don't.

I'm not saying it wasn't a ###### move and he needed to be punished. Kick him out of game, fine him in record fashion, but to suspend him for the week after is just playing to the outrage and covering themselves. Plus, I love how everyone is now worried about player safety. 2 weeks ago Keenum had to be picked up by another player, could barely stand, and had no idea where he was, yet somehow was let to continue to play. So you'd think there was going to be a ton of fines handed out at the very least, but nothing. The outrage of nothing being done pales in comparison to Odell situation. Like I said, it's so amusing to see such outrage over this... like people are now so worried about player safety.

Diving head first with a weapon on your head, for no other reason than to try and hurt Norman, looked like assault to me. Lucky he isn't in jail.

I'm not saying it wasn't a ###### move and he needed to be punished. Kick him out of game, fine him in record fashion, but to suspend him for the week after is just playing to the outrage and covering themselves. Plus, I love how everyone is now worried about player safety. 2 weeks ago Keenum had to be picked up by another player, could barely stand, and had no idea where he was, yet somehow was let to continue to play. So you'd think there was going to be a ton of fines handed out at the very least, but nothing. The outrage of nothing being done pales in comparison to Odell situation. Like I said, it's so amusing to see such outrage over this... like people are now so worried about player safety.

There were questions about how the Keenum situation was handled. It was a huge failure on the part of the NFL and the Rams. But who exactly can you blame in that situation? And can you say they were trying to hurt Keenum? Because no matter how you slice it, Beckham was trying to hurt Norman. Blatantly malicious.

The NFL is wise to try to cover themselves in this situation. You cannot survive as a business when ex players are suing your ass because they claim you didn't do enough to protect them. So when someone blatantly head hunts you bring the hammer down. Brandon Merriweather has been suspended for the same crap, so it's not like there isn't precedent.

My guess because the Giants Vikings game is a primetime televised game the suspension is lifted and he is fined heavily and placed on NFL probation.

Ten OBJ goes off for 8-145-2 and I win my Superbowl :banana:

• Like 1

Wish badly that you were right but I think the bad would outweigh the good for the nfl if he plays.

I hope he finds a way to appeal to James Thrash and win but it will take a great sell job. He's trying really really hard to play the victim to a bunch of homophobic bat wielding neanderthals from Carolina.

Here is a video showing a panther player approach OBJ with bat in hand.

http://nyg.247sports.com/Bolt/VIDEO-Panthers-player-approaches-Odell-Beckham-with-bat-42213166

Still wished he refrained from spearing Norman.

Why isn't this a full-blown Batgate? If the Patriots did anything remotely similar to this we'd hear about it for years. Picks would be forfeited, fines imposed, probably suspensions along the lines of Bountygate.

But here nobody seems to give a flying fock or at the very least is willing to give the Panthers every possible benefit of the doubt. Such bullsh1t

Why isn't this a full-blown Batgate? If the Patriots did anything remotely similar to this we'd hear about it for years. Picks would be forfeited, fines imposed, probably suspensions along the lines of Bountygate.

But here nobody seems to give a flying fock or at the very least is willing to give the Panthers every possible benefit of the doubt. Such bullsh1t

:cry:

Hypotheticals are fun....

If the Patriots weren't a dynasty I'd doubt you'd be a fan.

The Giants should have "team officials" walking around pregame waving a huge knife at the competition. They can say their motto is cut the mustard. Or maybe they can wave around guns at the other team and have it mean guns blazing or check out my guns or something stupid like that. What great team motivation that would be.

The Bat stuff is dumb and just the Giants and OBJ reaching for straws and deflection. The Panthers have used the bats for a while as a prop, they've been doing it all year and nobody every said a peep. Other teams have done it including the Ravens and Saints. It's nothing....did OBJ think they brought out bats pre-game to publically beat him up with? Good Grief. If that's the case that only adds fuel to the fire that he is sorta crazy in the head and mental. And now he's using "they called me names" excuse as to losing his effing mind. Weak. :thumbsdown:

Norman and Beckham were jawing and getting physical and then OBJ went full blown physcopath. Let's stop making up excuses.

If his actions result in an over-turned suspension then everyone knows the NFL truly isn't serious about player safety. They are about protecting QB's and star players and worrying about stupid stuff like PSI of footballs.

:cry:

Hypotheticals are fun....

If the Patriots weren't a dynasty I'd doubt you'd be a fan.

Been a fan since at least '93 :dunno:

The Bat stuff is dumb and just the Giants and OBJ reaching for straws and deflection. The Panthers have used the bats for a while as a prop, they've been doing it all year and nobody every said a peep. Other teams have done it including the Ravens and Saints. It's nothing....did OBJ think they brought out bats pre-game to publically beat him up with? Good Grief. If that's the case that only adds fuel to the fire that he is sorta crazy in the head and mental. And now he's using "they called me names" excuse as to losing his effing mind. Weak. :thumbsdown:

Norman and Beckham were jawing and getting physical and then OBJ went full blown physcopath. Let's stop making up excuses.

This. Norman got in OBJ's head. They both crossed the line to penalty and fine territory. Beckham's head shot crossed into suspension territory.

No doubt OBJ lost it and deserves penalty. But blowing off intimidating pregame with bats is borderline childish. Carolina all puffing out their chests and instigating tells me they aren't ready to win yet. Let your talking be done on the field.

No doubt OBJ lost it and deserves penalty. But blowing off intimidating pregame with bats is borderline childish. Carolina all puffing out their chests and instigating tells me they aren't ready to win yet. Let your talking be done on the field.

No offense, but you don't know what your talking about. They bring out the bats to say, "its time to go to work", as one of their injured DB's liked it so they do it becuase he's injured. It's done to pump the team up, like a lot of things are. Some people dance to get pumped up pre-game. (see Ray Lewis). The bats are a prop, other teams do it. It's like fire coming out of the tunnell during intro's and music.

Do you really think it's meant to intimidate the other team? Like the other team gets scared or something and think they are going to use them as a weapon on them in front of thousands of people at a football game? Geez man.

If OBJ was actually intimidated by the bats pregame, that says more about him than anything else. All the other WR's the Panthers have played weren't. Why? Because its not about that and they aren't mental cases.

No offense, but you don't know what your talking about. They bring out the bats to say, "its time to go to work", as one of their injured DB's liked it so they do it becuase he's injured. It's done to pump the team up, like a lot of things are. Some people dance to get pumped up pre-game. (see Ray Lewis). The bats are a prop, other teams do it. It's like fire coming out of the tunnell during intro's and music.

Do you really think it's meant to intimidate the other team? Like the other team gets scared or something and think they are going to use them as a weapon on them in front of thousands of people at a football game? Geez man.

If OBJ was actually intimidated by the bats pregame, that says more about him than anything else. All the other WR's the Panthers have played weren't. Why? Because its not about that and they aren't mental cases.

I guess I agree, the mafia used to use bats too as a prop. and at times for smashing kneecaps when needed. :dunno:

Have you seen the pics and video of pregame? The bats may be a team thing in many cases but if you don't believe their intent was to intimidate last Sunday then you're naive.

ETA: Even if nobody is intimidated by the bats, does that make it okay? Leave the stupid bats in the locker room.

If true, let the targeting begin...

What I don't understand; isn't the NFLPA supposed to represent all NFL players? Fighting this appeal only tells the other 1600 plus players it's ok for the stars to target and possibly injure each one of you.

If true, let the targeting begin...

What I don't understand; isn't the NFLPA supposed to represent all NFL players? Fighting this appeal only tells the other 1600 plus players it's ok for the stars to target and possibly injure each one of you.

I dont care I just want him playing for my team in my superbowl. Suspend him week 17 when the public leagues have their superbowl. :banana:

Smoke weed, which doesn't hurt a damn soul and you will be suspended. And supsended harshly.

Spear a guy in the head way after a play is over after having multiple excessive roughness penalties already and well, that's cool.

The NFL trips me out.

Smoke weed, which doesn't hurt a damn soul and you will be suspended. And supsended harshly.

Spear a guy in the head way after a play is over after having multiple excessive roughness penalties already and well, that's cool.

The NFL trips me out.

maybe if the players bought their weed from the NFL they would be more tolerant :dunno: