Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

New Hampshire

Lot on the line tonight.

Trump and Sanders need to win pretty easily or it will look like a stumble. Even a close win would be perceived as a loss based on how they have been polling for months.

Cruz needs to show he isn't Rick Santorum having appeal amongst über fundie Iowans but nobody else.

Rubio needs to finish second or third to make the case that he is the viable establishment candidate.

Kasich, Christie and Jeb all need to do well to keep their campaigns going. Jeb has a lot of money and supposedly can do well in the south but even he needs to show *something*. Kasich and Christie are both pretty much done with a poor showing.

Thoughts? Predictions? Early news? Rastass?

Interested to see if Kasich can grab second ... realclearpolitics poll averages have him and Rubio separated by .5%

The entire GOP field is thanking Christie for beating Rubio down so badly.

The entire GOP field is thanking Christie for beating Rubio down so badly.

That was as bad as a whooping as I have seen in a presidential election. Thought Biden's beat down of Paul Ryan was epic but Christie topped it easily

GOP race could be interesting: apparently half of republican voters said they hadn't made up their minds until the last few days. Might favor a guy like Kasich or Christie and trump's poll #s might not mean a victory if those late deciders went against him.

Dems mostly had their minds made up a while ago and were most concerned about the economy and income inequality. Could mean a big victory for Sanders

The Bernometer is burning hot in New Hampshire tonight despite the cold weather! Feeling the Bern!! :overhead:

Praying for a top three for Kasich. I think that would be considered a win. Second would be a huge win.

Forth or worse would spell doom for the campaign.

Honestly I want Trump to underperform the polls and Cruz to come in like Fifth or even worse. That would make my night.

• Like 1

I think there is going to be some considerable pressure on whoever the weakest are out of Kasich, Rubio, Jeb & Christie to drop out so as to consolidate the establishment vote against Trump/Cruz.

But Rubio can say he did well in Iowa no matter what so he stays. If Kasich finishes top three in NH he stays. I'm thinking Christie is out (unless he finishes near the top in NH) and Jeb possibly out if he doesn't do well tonight

I see on CNN that Hillary has 428 delegates to Sanders 50. How did she get so many more? I thought they pretty much tied in Iowa and he seems to have won New Hampshire.

Great to see Kasich break from the pack to take a decisive second. This is the best result I could expect but likely his high water mark though. Jeb! sticks around as he has tons of cash/organization/donors to drown Kasich. Hopefully Cruz dumps Rubio to fourth. Humpty, Fiorina, and Carson need to go.

I see on CNN that Hillary has 428 delegates to Sanders 50. How did she get so many more? I thought they pretty much tied in Iowa and he seems to have won New Hampshire.

Superdelegates

Trump wins with about 33.5%.

Kasich in 2nd

Sanders wins with 56%

You left off Kasich's pathetic numbers. When you show them, it is pretty embarrassing.

Here is what I am seeing reported.

Trump 33.9

Kasich 15.6 %

:lol:

Kasich spent so much time and money up there yet he still was decimated by Trump. :lol:

You left off Kasich's pathetic numbers. When you show them, it is pretty embarrassing.

Trump 33.9

Kasich 15.6 %

Kasich spent so much time and money up there yet he still was decimated by Trump. :lol:

Trump has been playing well up here, so it is no surprise. Kasich spent a ton of time, but it seems like he did not spend a ton on advertising.

Cruz is now 3rd as he moved ahead of Bush. I think it will settle down now and you will have Cruz, Bush and Rubio finishing 3, 4, 5

Trump has been playing well up here, so it is no surprise. Kasich spent a ton of time, but it seems like he did not spend a ton on advertising.

Cruz is now 3rd as he moved ahead of Bush. I think it will settle down now and you will have Cruz, Bush and Rubio finishing 3, 4, 5

I don't think it will matter for Jeb. I bet he is in it till the bitter end.

Good thing Kasich did not spend all of his money up there, because he going to need it. Hell, the NYT endorsed him. That is not going to help him, especially when you throw in his reaction.

That's the best possible outcome. Fock Rubio and Brother! of Bushtard. Unfortunatly neither goes away. We'll see if Kasich has any magic and momentum to pull a strong showing in Nevada and SC.

NH Combined campaign/SuperPAC spending

$36M Bush

$18.5M Christie

$15.2M Rubio

$12.1M Kasich

$3.7M Trump

$1.8M Fiorina

$580K Cruz

#NHPrimary

Definitely a LOT more excitement at Bernie's victory speech than at Trump's.

:overhead:

I don't think it will matter for Jeb. I bet he is in it till the bitter end.

Good thing Kasich did not spend all of his money up there, because he going to need it. Hell, the NYT endorsed him. That is not going to help him, especially when you throw in his reaction.

A lot of voters, even republican voters, are not nearly as extreme as you are. Which is to say that some of them are sane.

HTH

NH Combined campaign/SuperPAC spending

$36M Bush

$18.5M Christie

$15.2M Rubio

$12.1M Kasich

$3.7M Trump

$1.8M Fiorina

$580K Cruz

#NHPrimary

Very telling.

I must say I am a little surprised at what a good politician Sanders is. I liked him because he's honest and a man of integrity, but turns out he is a very good communicator as well. I guess I knew that from following him in the senate but I didn't know it would translate so effectively to the national stage.

/gush

Great to see Kasich break from the pack to take a decisive second. This is the best result I could expect but likely his high water mark though. Jeb! sticks around as he has tons of cash/organization/donors to drown Kasich. Hopefully Cruz dumps Rubio to fourth. Humpty, Fiorina, and Carson need to go.

My guess is humpty, fionna from shrek, kasich and carson are out by the end of the month. Bush hangs around for super tuesday in march, but drops out after a 5th place finish in a 4 man race.

I must say I am a little surprised at what a good politician Sanders is. I liked him because he's honest and a man of integrity, but turns out he is a very good communicator as well. I guess I knew that from following him in the senate but I didn't know it would translate so effectively to the national stage.

/gush

Personally I like him the most. His taxes won't get anywhere, but at least I know where he stands. He's a sandwich, but at least he isn't a soggy one

• Like 1

Sounds like Christie is dropping out. We'll always remember him for murdering Marco Rubio in front of millions

My guess is humpty, fionna from shrek, kasich and carson are out by the end of the month. Bush hangs around for super tuesday in march, but drops out after a 5th place finish in a 4 man race.

I think Kasich gets some momentum here. I dunno, could be wrong, but I think a lot of people haven't really heard of him and will now be taking a long look

I think Kasich gets some momentum here. I dunno, could be wrong, but I think a lot of people haven't really heard of him and will now be taking a long look

The one flickering candle of hope and reason that hasn't quite blown out yet.

Trump 33.9

Kasich 15.6 %

It is relevant because Kasich, Bush, and Rubio are likely all competing for the same voter base - a different base from Trump.

Now allthough I'm all in on Kasich, I personally would never, ever support for Rubio or Jeb! I far prefer Trump to any Bushtarded Republican, but the pundits think if two drop out, the majority of their supporters aren't like me and would coalesce around the remaining one.

Also, if one or two of them were to drop out, their already earned delegates would likely shift to the other, as would supporters in future primaries. Given that they, together, have move votes than Trump or Cruz, that could likely be enough for the nomination. Thus, the race for second in NH becomes quite relevant.

Unfortunatly, Jeb! has tons more money and the contest is being decided by morons who actually voted for his brother and so don't consider him a toxic pile of volcanic sh*t.

Another point that's worth making is that the longer these three guys fight each othe and split their votes, the further ahead Trump and Cruz can go to lock up delegates.

Fiorina and Carson are going to stay in it :doh:

Another point that's worth making is that the longer these three guys fight each othe and split their votes, the further ahead Trump and Cruz can go to lock up delegates.

True but I doubt either one can come up with the number of delegates needed to actually win outright. Assuming they don't get a sudden groundswell of overwhelming support and assuming the establishment remains against them. With super delegates etc. they can make this thing go to the convention and who knows what can happen there

Trump and Sanders are the 2 guys promising to burn the current system to the ground and it's very appealing to...well, to EVERYONE really... b/c Washington and our political leaders are a joke that need to be taken to the woodshed.

The best way to win in politics right now is to boldly and sincerely hold up your middle finger and shout, "Fvck Politics".