Sign in to follow this  
The Elevator Killer

Can some explain to me what's with the hate for the sanctuary guys?

Are we much different than the Sanctuary? Whenever someone new comes in we bombard them with Hi Burts, who are you? Attacks. We run off new posters like this is our exclusive club and get active geeks banned because we don't like what they say. Even old posters can't return without being attacked. Who cares if they have another place to post? I welcome the return of the lost geeks and hope they post on a regular basis. When people talk about the glory days, we are talking about a time when there lots of threads worth following and hilarity could be found almost on a daily basis.

Let's embrace the sanctuary back into the fold. This has been going on for over a decade. It's time to put it in the past.

Are we much different than the Sanctuary? Whenever someone new comes in we bombard them with Hi Burts, who are you? Attacks. We run off new posters like this is our exclusive club and get active geeks banned because we don't like what they say. Even old posters can't return without being attacked. Who cares if they have another place to post? I welcome the return of the lost geeks and hope they post on a regular basis. When people talk about the glory days, we are talking about a time when there lots of threads worth following and hilarity could be found almost on a daily basis.

Let's embrace the sanctuary back into the fold. This has been going on for over a decade. It's time to put it in the past.

I still can't figure how GC became exclusionary. Beggars can't be choosers. :dunno:

I think you guys don't understand that the Sanctuary has lost a bunch of old members too over the years. Scanning through our old threads is like walking through a cemetery. There will be pages and pages of posts made by people who no longer post there. People just move on sometimes, usually without warning. And when that happens we're usually sad or confused, but we understand. Then the Sanctuary evolves into something else and it's alright again.

Point is: we don't sit around and cry about how it used to be and get mad at those who left. We just move on.

Also blaming FFT's failures on the Sanctuary has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I know Chronic Huckster is not a smart person, but this has to be trolling.

Another point, we didn't come here and create threads about ourselves. Here is what happened:

Sux let us know that there was a draft and that some of us got drafted.

I checked it out and commented on my selection.

TK showed up because I wasn't posting there, I was posting here, and TK decided to post here too since he does whatever I do

With me and TK posting here, 80% of the Sanctuary traffic and interesting posts were now here.

That led others to post here as well

Then you gots got upset and started creating threads about us.

You're right though, over the weekend we will probably lose interest, go away, and then show up again in another 6 months. Rinse. Repeat.

But we will stay if Mike makes us partners in the FFT empire. We will rule the fantasy football landscape with an iron fist.

But we will stay if Mike makes us partners in the FFT empire. We will rule the fantasy football landscape with an iron fist.

According to worthofweb.com, FFT is worth $2m.

How much is fftoday.com worth?

Website Value:

$2m

Advertise Here

Estimated Worth:

$ 1,885,600

I think that an offer of $14.12 is probably more realistic. :lol:

People stop coming here because this bored has nothing to offer. The regulars come here every day posting the same meaningless crap. Most good treads are hijacked and turned into a bitchfest. Nobody wants to learn anything and seem content to waste their lives away.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Wait...so a gradual exodus of 50 posters ruined FFToday? Isn't this a little overly dramatic?

And then we get accused of having egos. :rolleyes:

Did CH just win this thread?

So you really think FFT losing a handful of posters from one of about 30 forums in it's message board had anything to do with FFT's failures? It has absolutely nothing to do with content, marketing, etc? Seriously?

Why are you answering a question with a question?

Why are you answering a question with a question?

So you're incapable of discussion, as per usual. Nice catching up with you.

So you're incapable of discussion, as per usual. Nice catching up with you.

Must be all the DUIs

My biggest gripe with the Sanctuary is the effect it had on Mike FF Today and this site as a whole. At the point the Sanctuary became the invitation-only country club, fftoday and fbg were basically neck and neck as far as membership, traffic, etc. went.

I won't name names but some of the best posters here started the new clique at the Sanctuary. Took the best financial guys, science guys, chefs, lawyers, hilarity guys, rich guys, and disappeared from fftoday completely. After all the $ and effort Mike (not his real name) did to put this place together. Otherwise, nobody at the Sanc would have ever met.

The only reason any of that really matters is that despite it's Nazi rules, fbg makes a hell of a lot more and is worth a hell of a lot more than this place. I have to listen to fbg analysts on satellite radio and watch them espouse Disney nonsense on cable TV. We should be crushing that garbage.

This may all seem like semantics. But over the past decade fbg is worth several 10's of thousands of $$ more than fftoday. That didn't begin until the sanc started. To Mike's credit, I've never seen him biotch about it one single time.

The Sanc should decide as a whole to get active not only on the geek bored but also on the mange bored going forward until fftoday eclipses fbg in all facets as repayment to Mike and as a personal challenge to unseat fbg.

Mike has taken steps to clean up the garbage (RP). This forearm is the best it's been in a long time. My guess is the Sanc will call off their 6 person jihad over the weekend and disappear again.

But if there ever was a time, it's now.

I have not read a more epic load of bullsh!t on this site since the last time GFIAFP posted. :lol:

Actually, Chronic Husker has a point. The quality of the mainboard and "who should I start" board really went downhill after I left. I'm probably to blame for FFT falling so far behind its FBG rivals.

People stop coming here because this bored has nothing to offer.

BINGO! I cruise by here regularly. 95% of the Geek Club posts are mindless political drivel. It's like Facebook with Balls on its Face. BallsOnFacebook is what this place is.

There is very rarely anything funny or otherwise interesting because it's still a steaming pile of radical political bullsh!t on both sides that most reasonably normal people have had enough of everywhere else. Pop into two or three of those and it's a hasty exit to the door.

This may all seem like semantics. But over the past decade fbg is worth several 10's of thousands of $$ more than fftoday. That didn't begin until the sanc started. To Mike's credit, I've never seen him biotch about it one single time.

That's probably because he has no idea who the hell we are, nor does he care.

BINGO! I cruise by here regularly. 95% of the Geek Club posts are mindless political drivel. It's like Facebook with Balls on its Face. BallsOnFacebook is what this place is.

There is very rarely anything funny or otherwise interesting because it's still a steaming pile of radical political bullsh!t on both sides that most reasonably normal people have had enough of everywhere else. Pop into two or three of those and it's a hasty exit to the door.

Did you miss when Bunny pooped on his wife's carpet and had to mow the grass in the dark?

Why yes, just today I blew my nose. I blew it good too.

Did CH just win this thread?

CH has never won a focking thing in his life. HTH

I have not read a more epic load of bullsh!t on this site since the last time GFIAFP posted. :lol:

Need a link to Night Poster?

That was real and truthful... not bullshit.

And no, I don't need a link to it. I still get roasted over that regularly, going on roughly ten years now. :thumbsup:

Listen to the 'net:
there is postin' all around.
There are assmegs you can bet
and I can feel it.
On the clicks of the keys,
there is postin' out there.
If it's somethin' we can share,
we can post it.

And sweet city alias,
it moves through the web,
angering my mind and my soul.
When you post out to me
yeah, the postin' is crapass,

then I am night poster, night poster.
We know how to do it.
Gimme that night poster, night poster.
We know how to post it.

Here I am,
talkin out my ass,
contract pricing I can't get,
I'm pwned and I know it',
I'm goin' awaaaaaaaaaaay.

Night poster, night poster.
We know how to do it.
We know how to post it.

In the heat of post love,
don't need no help for us to post it.
Gimme just enough to take me to the mornin'.
I got postin' in my mind.
I got no life worth speakin'.
I'm postin' from the basement;
From my mother's house.

And sweet city alias,
it moves through the web,
angering my mind and my soul.
When you post out to me
yeah, the postin' is crapass,

I'm feeling kinda horny
Need some curly NBA sexin
so long kids I'm out
To virginia and I'm flexin,

then I am night poster, night poster.
We know how to do it.
We know how to post it.

Here I am,
prayin' for this moment to last,
livin' on the postin' so fine,
borne on the brain,
from a sick mind.

Night poster, night poster.
We know how to do it.
We know how to post it.

So was that a parody of a song or did you actually create it from scratch? I honestly never knew the origins.

My biggest gripe with the Sanctuary is the effect it had on Mike FF Today and this site as a whole. At the point the Sanctuary became the invitation-only country club, fftoday and fbg were basically neck and neck as far as membership, traffic, etc. went.

I won't name names but some of the best posters here started the new clique at the Sanctuary. Took the best financial guys, science guys, chefs, lawyers, hilarity guys, rich guys, and disappeared from fftoday completely. After all the $ and effort Mike (not his real name) did to put this place together. Otherwise, nobody at the Sanc would have ever met.

The only reason any of that really matters is that despite it's Nazi rules, fbg makes a hell of a lot more and is worth a hell of a lot more than this place. I have to listen to fbg analysts on satellite radio and watch them espouse Disney nonsense on cable TV. We should be crushing that garbage.

The Sanc should decide as a whole to get active not only on the geek bored but also on the mange bored going forward until fftoday eclipses fbg in all facets as repayment to Mike and as a personal challenge to unseat fbg.

Mike has taken steps to clean up the garbage (RP). This forearm is the best it's been in a long time. My guess is the Sanc will call off their 6 person jihad over the weekend and disappear again.

But if there ever was a time, it's now.

Why does it matter if FFToday is worth more than FBG? To anyone other than Mike, this is just a place to waste time...

Also, I've yet to see any evidence of greatness from the departed posters/sanctuarians; the ones who return repeatedly reference decade-old inside jokes without adding anything entertaining or insightful.

Why does it matter if FFToday is worth more than FBG? To anyone other than Mike, this is just a place to waste time...

Also, I've yet to see any evidence of greatness from the departed posters/sanctuarians; the ones who return repeatedly reference decade-old inside jokes without adding anything entertaining or insightful.

Don't worry. There's room for both you and them to not contribute. Your place is safe.

#1 we were asked.

#2 not adding anything meaningful or insightful is the very definition of this place.

#3 when was it our charge to come back here to raise the level of the daily tripe? :lol:

Don't worry. There's room for both you and them to not contribute. Your place is safe.

The difference is, nobody is lamenting the loss of my valuable posts. I'd love to see a hint of the "glory days" created by the illustrious departed.

#1 we were asked.

#2 not adding anything meaningful or insightful is the very definition of this place.

#3 when was it our charge to come back here to raise the level of the daily tripe? :lol:

good points

#1 we were asked.

And I do remember a few of your posts advocating domestic violence. Riveting stuff.