Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Trump campaign manager arrested, charged with battery of reporter

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-campaign-manager-arrested-charged-battery-reporter-152322299.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's campaign manager was arrested in Florida on Tuesday and charged with battery, police records show.
The report from the Jupiter Police Department said Corey Lewandowski, 42, was charged for intentionally grabbing and bruising the arm of Michelle Fields, a reporter at the time for the conservative news outlet Breitbart, against her will at a Trump campaign event on March 8.
"Mr. Lewandowski is absolutely innocent of this charge," Trump's campaign said in a statement. "He will enter a plea of not guilty and looks forward to his day in court. He is completely confident that he will be exonerated."
Simultaneously, the police department released a video showing the incident between Fields and Lewandowski. Unlike previous videos released by news networks which were at the news conference, the new video is not obscured by people.
The video shows Fields walking alongside Trump and then Lewandowski grabbing her arm and pulling her backward.
Trump's rallies across the United States have been marked by rowdiness and physical contact between protesters and either his supporters or security personnel.
Lewandowski was charged with simple battery, defined under Florida law as intentionally touching or striking a person against their will. For a first offense, it is a misdemeanor in the first degree, which carries a maximum sentence of one year in prison or a fine of $1,000.

the hits keep coming.

Good to see his hiring skills are up to par

I hire the best people

Best at getting arrested :doh:

• Like 1

Don't worry that he has no clue about foreign policy though...cause he hires the best.

This is gonna be a great election. We should just let the WWE run the debates between Trump and Hitlery.

She deserved it. Back away when the guy is done talking.

• Like 1

I think he did a good job. She was out of line.

I think he did a good job. She was out of line.

Yeah? you ok with campaign managers grabbing women's arms...credentialed reporters arms?

Then lying about it?

you have got to be fishing here.

I miss the days when we could just slap a woman When she was hysterical.

you need to be slapped?

• Like 1

Yeah? you ok with campaign managers grabbing women's arms...credentialed reporters arms?

Then lying about it?

you have got to be fishing here.

I didn't see anything in that video that could be described as battery or assault. He grabbed her arm because she was invading personal space. Nothing to see here. Media creation. Whoever ordered that arrest should be ashamed.

• Like 1

I didn't see anything in that video that could be described as battery or assault. He grabbed her arm because she was invading personal space. Nothing to see here. Media creation. Whoever ordered that arrest should be ashamed.

He isnt security.

And the law in florida clearly makes this simple battery.

He has also lied about it and been involved in other incidents.

She invaded personal space by being credentialed and getting close to a candidate?

He isnt security.

And the law in florida clearly makes this simple battery.

He has also lied about it and been involved in other incidents.

She invaded personal space by being credentialed and getting close to a candidate?

BFD. He grabbed her arm.

BFD. He grabbed her arm.

it meets the criteria of battery. He will lose the case. Secret service was next to trump and perceived no threat. He intentionally touched her against her will... /case

More fake trumprage.

:thumbsup:

Glad this bad guy met swift justice. We are all safer now.

More fake outrage.

:first:

it meets the criteria of battery. He will lose the case. Secret service was next to trump and perceived no threat. He intentionally touched her against her will... /case

What's the sentence in Florida for such a hemious crime? What do you think he should get?

And he is a liar...but its Trumps guy so they don't care.

And he is a liar...but its Trumps guy so they don't care.

Who are you supporting, just so we know who the candidate that doesnt lie is? Thanks.

• Like 1

BFD. He grabbed her arm.

Avatar of Trump...man does that guy make the best unintentional funniest faces. He constantly looks like's he's struggling to take a massive crap.

Encouraging violence at rallies, tweeting about the opponent'a wife, campaign manager grabbing women ... Is America great again yet?

• Like 1

I guess you don't know what battery is. I don't think he should've been charged but at the same time you don't know what you're talking about :dunno:

Who are you supporting, just so we know who the candidate that doesnt lie is? Thanks.

More of your usual deflection.

Of who will likely be left...I am supporting Gary Johnson. Bernie could still somehow earn my vote...but doubting it.

The point is more that you have a candidate who supporters and others admit does not have a grasp on policy...but he will hire great people.

You have his campaign manager arrested now for battery (and you can make excuses all you want, its never ok to grab a woman's arm hard enough to bruise her). He has claimed he did not even touch her or even knew who she was (this has been proven to be a lie). He has also been involved in other incidents getting physical with others. he is not security...he has zero business putting his hands on anyone.

You also have his spokeswoman involved in a sex scandal with Cruz...and one of his other communications guys tweeting out things going after women that have been rumored to have slept with Cruz (plus his own attachments to the National Enquirer).

And we were told how he wasn't like other politicians as well.

But thats ok...you like how he talks and says stupid things. Congrats.

I guess you don't know what battery is. I don't think he should've been charged but at the same time you don't know what you're talking about :dunno:

I dont know what exactly battery is. Don't have that where I'm from. But I'm making an educated guess, and I would assume it involves some sort of intent. Could be wrong. I also don't know the context in which it is generally applied, but I don't think grabbing someone's arm in Florida usually results in an arrest.

Interesting that a guy who's former NYPD wouldn't know what battery is. :lol:

Interesting that there is no such charge as battery in NY. Every cop in NY knows that.

:clap:

What's the sentence in Florida for such a hemious crime? What do you think he should get?

Convicted of misdermeanor battery... suspended sentence, and a black mark on his record.

I am wondering whether his conviction sets the stage for a lawsuit against breitbart

Interesting that there is no such charge as battery in NY. Every cop in NY knows that.

And even pretend ones.

Convicted of misdermeanor battery... suspended sentence, and a black mark on his record.

I am wondering whether his conviction sets the stage for a lawsuit against breitbart

Oh, Im sure Trump will sue...though, he is not all that litigious.

For grabbing a rude persons arm? A misdemeanor? I would say a violation at best.

The case? Even if he's 'guilty' it's a misdemeanor that will only come with a fine.

Regardless, I don't think he did anything nefarious.

Didn't Huma (Hillary's right hand man) push someone away from her? And nothing happend? Same thing should have happend with this.

I understand there's no such thing as battery there. I have a hard time imaging a cop not knowing what it is anywhere.

I guess you missed that day at the academy, Mahoney.