Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Chris Berman says "Down goes Frazier" at last nights HR Derby - fake outrage takes over

fock do I hate people.

https://twitter.com/erskinetimes/status/752691875375493120/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I'll bet you anything that 85% of people that are "outraged" have no idea who even said "Down Goes Frazier"

ALI Didn't even say it you TWITS!!!!!!!!! :wall:

HOWARD COSELL DID!!!!! :mad:

The only thing worse than stupid people getting worked up about dumb sh1t on Twitter is stupid people concerned about what dumb sh1t people are getting worked up over on Twitter

:huh:

• Like 1

The only thing worse than stupid people getting worked up about dumb sh1t on Twitter is stupid people concerned about what dumb sh1t people are getting worked up over on Twitter

no

I don't understand. Why is their uhmmmm "outrage"?

Is there a lot of outrage...or just the usual and justified hate on the idiocy that is Chris Berman?

Is there a lot of outrage...or just the usual and justified hate on the idiocy that is Chris Berman?

I only read maybe 10 or so replies, but most had to do with him him saying "down goes frazier" the same year Ali died. :doh:

Chris Erskine ✔ @erskinetimes
"In the year we lost Muhammad Ali, down goes Frazier." --Chris Berman, in worst line of year #mlb #hrderby

http://cdn.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/12/Screen-Shot-2016-07-12-at-11.51.27-AM.png?04e1b4

seems appropriate and commemorative given Ali dying this year

seems appropriate and commemorative given Ali dying this year

Well put

Ali wasnt even the culprit, it was George Foreman that sent Frazier down.

It was a pretty bad line. Not outraged over it...especially over something so stupid as the HR derby.

:o

Holy fock.

that makes it even worse!!

This is why I don't twit or follow any others twits.

• Like 1

Wait, so what exactly did Berman say? Was it just "Down goes Frazier" or was it something like, "Down goes Frazier just like Ali went down earlier this year... by dying I mean."

Even worse is stupid people getting worked up about what people who got worked up about said about someting somebody stupid said on Twitter.

I still don't get it.....

Even worse is stupid people getting worked up about what people who got worked up about said about someting somebody stupid said on Twitter.

And worthless trolls who should screw off and die :wave:

• Like 1

And worthless trolls who should screw off and die :wave:

A real man takes his comeuppance with a bit of humor and a tip of the hat.

As much as berm an sucks, he said "in a year where we lost the great muhammad ali, I have to say it... down goes frazier".

It's a classic berman line and he was respectful about it

As much as berm an sucks, he said "in a year where we lost the great muhammad ali, I have to say it... down goes frazier".

It's a classic berman line and he was respectful about it

but Ali didn't knock down Frazier!! :wacko:

Does this mean we have to wait a full year before we can use the phrases "I'm pretty" "Rope-A-Dope" and "I am the greatest"?

Does this mean we have to wait a full year before we can use the phrases "I'm pretty" "Rope-A-Dope" and "I am the greatest"?

You think you got it bad? Butterflies can't float and bees can't sting until 2017.

• Like 2

Fock Ali. And Berman shouldn't be putting Frazier next to Ali.

You think you got it bad? Butterflies can't float and bees can't sting until 2017.

Will I be shunned by the black community if I show my boys the Ali shuffle?

but Ali didn't knock down Frazier!! :wacko:

I.meant respectful in mentioning Ali at all because he was making a boxing reference.

I suppose he could have just said down goes frazier.

:o

Holy fock.

that makes it even worse!!

Ha. I always thought that was about an Ali - Frazier fight.

Im trying to tear that Ahole on twitter apart. That phrase has nothing to do with Ali and it wasnt even an Ali fight. Shameful to pretend to stir up some fake controversy by that nitwit.

Berman is an idiot who should have been put down long ago. Still, is Ali God like so we must never utter his name in anything but positive connotation? Who the fvck cares.

Ha. I always thought that was about an Ali - Frazier fight.

I was never much of an ali fan and I thought the same until his passing

Few people know that tid-bit of sports trivia, which I've parlayed into easy money over the years. :music_guitarred:

Berman is an idiot who should have been put down long ago. Still, is Ali God like so we must never utter his name in anything but positive connotation? Who the fvck cares.

Nothing at all to do with it. Ali had nothing to do with that quote, so bringing him up to mention the quote makes Berman look like a complete fool, one that works for a network that theoretically has something to do with sports.

Wasn't it already a guarantee that if/when Frazier was knocked out of the derby that would be his line? You could see that coming from a mile away.

Wasn't it already a guarantee that if/when Frazier was knocked out of the derby that would be his line? You could see that coming from a mile away.

He had it all cued up for 2015 as well and couldn't use it

• Like 1

I almost turned on the derby, but then remembered that Berman would be calling it, and decided to read instead. Coincidentally, I also watch the NFL Today instead of ESPN's Sunday show. Wonder if there's a correlation.

I almost turned on the derby, but then remembered that Berman would be calling it, and decided to read instead. Coincidentally, I also watch the NFL Today instead of ESPN's Sunday show. Wonder if there's a correlation.

Same here. But I can't do Deon and Irving either. There are no watchable highlight shows until Tuesday.