Sign in to follow this  
JTB

42% of UC students go hungry.....

If only there were a way for a young adult to provide a service to a company, and in return that company would provide them money which they could use for things like food. :(

What a bunch of nonsense. Same lib-bots that say Trump was all doom and gloom are out here telling us kids don't have enough to eat. Make up your minds.

We reached out to african kids for comment and they said, and i quote "Focking kidding me right?"

We reached out to african kids for comment and they said, and i quote "Focking kidding me right?"

:doublethumbsup:

Get Sally Struthers on this...pronto.

"The money will also be used to increase student registration with CalFresh, (aka SNAP) a government program that gives monthly electronic benefits to students to buy healthy food at markets and grocery stores."

"The money will also be used to increase student registration with CalFresh, (aka SNAP) a government program that gives monthly electronic benefits to students to buy healthy food at markets and grocery stores."

I'm not sure how that works in Cali but in Michigan they don't always buy healthy food with their food stamps. Chips and pop and a candy bar. They should call them snack stamps.

"Resources" From the article,

But money isn’t the only problem. Nearly 50% of UC students also owe their food insecurity to time. Between classes and exams, who has the time to prepare meals?

Yeah, maybe there needs to be a freshman time management class in their curriculum. Fock, I bet if I showed up on Campus tomorrow randomly 42% of them would be playing Pokemon Go. Focking idiots. And this is who we are leaving this country to? We're worried about Trump/Clinton? it's the next generation that we should REALLY be worried about.

What in the actual f***. They have student dining. Jesus Christ all you have to do is walk through and grab a plate of food.

What the fock? In college, I lived on Ramen noodles (6 for $1) and microwaveable Mac and cheese (2 for $3). If they can't afford that stuff, then Fock them, they're too stupid to survive.

"Resources" From the article,

Yeah, maybe there needs to be a freshman time management class in their curriculum. Fock, I bet if I showed up on Campus tomorrow randomly 42% of them would be playing Pokemon Go. Focking idiots. And this is who we are leaving this country to? We're worried about Trump/Clinton? it's the next generation that we should REALLY be worried about.

As if it is time consuming to make Ramen noodles.

Let's give em free tuition too!

Cradle to grave

This is beyond stupid. I bet they have plenty of money for beer.

Rubbers are likely free too.

What a bunch of nonsense. Same lib-bots that say Trump was all doom and gloom are out here telling us kids don't have enough to eat. Make up your minds.

More likely, the starving collegians are really FOS.

The caricature you've created of liberals is pretty ridiculous too.

More likely, the starving collegians are really FOS.

The caricature you've created of liberals is pretty ridiculous too.

No it's not, because the liberals have overrun the Democratic Party, so there is no difference anymore between liberals and dems, and they are the ones saying on one hand it's all good, but on the other that kids are going hungry. Which one is it? Kids going hungry is a basic thing that should t be a problem when things are good.

That makes no sense.

You can take out loans to include room and board. That's if mommy and daddy can't pay. There's no way college kids should be without food unless they did something stupid like spend all their money on clothes or cars or what the fock ever.

Now loans suck so maybe they aren't taking out the full amount. Good on 'em but then you aren't really without resources if you need more.

No it's not, because the liberals have overrun the Democratic Party, so there is no difference anymore between liberals and dems, and they are the ones saying on one hand it's all good, but on the other that kids are going hungry. Which one is it? Kids going hungry is a basic thing that should t be a problem when things are good.

You understand there is a lot of individual variation within groups, right?

I bet you won't find a "liberal" or "democratic" poster on this board that thinks starving UC students is a legitimate problem. But many of them will agree that Trumps rhetoric was excessively bleak. Yet that doesn't mean everything is "all good" either. Confused?

I bet you won't find a "liberal" or "democratic" poster on this board that thinks starving UC students is a legitimate problem. But many of them will agree that Trumps rhetoric was excessively bleak. Yet that doesn't mean everything is "all good" either. Confused?

Very common issue with the bored righties.

Very common issue with the bored righties.

I didn't start the thread because I gave a what you thought. I am showing how out of touch a former Democratic Governer of Arizona is. I feel, based on what ever focking policy she thinks this deserves, itis only the beginning of more and more freebies on the taxpayer dime.

For the kids with "very low" food security, they should be shown a picture of a naked kid in Africa with bug eyes, a bloated stomach, and flies buzzing around waiting for him to die, and asked "is that you?"

That makes no sense.

You can take out loans to include room and board. That's if mommy and daddy can't pay. There's no way college kids should be without food unless they did something stupid like spend all their money on clothes or cars or what the fock ever.

Now loans suck so maybe they aren't taking out the full amount. Good on 'em but then you aren't really without resources if you need more.

Just what we need more of. Student loan debt. That makes the problem even worse

Starving? Theyre starving now? And maybe not here, but she is a prominent liberal, and it's the liberals that push this food insecure myth. So. Yeah, I'll say it's liberals saying this when its liberals saying this. and I make no distinction b/w liberals and democrats anymore. like I said earlier. Confused?

What in the actual f***. They have student dining. Jesus Christ all you have to do is walk through and grab a plate of food.

So if pre-prepared food is that tempting, why not opt for the dining hall instead?

Well, Visuthikraisee says her dining hall options at UC Berkeley “weren’t the greatest” when it came to vegetables and fruits.

“There’s pizza pretty much every day,” says Visuthikraisee. “We have a lot of potatoes, and then there’s one selection of meat usually.”

But there’s also a salad bar, Visuthikraisee adds.

:doh:

Why is this terrible? The Freshmen 15 is the only thing bad about college (except for Bro Jammers).

Starving? Theyre starving now? And maybe not here, but she is a prominent liberal, and it's the liberals that push this food insecure myth. So. Yeah, I'll say it's liberals saying this when its liberals saying this. and I make no distinction b/w liberals and democrats anymore. like I said earlier. Confused?

Nice edit.

Not worth it. Carry on with your rant.

You got nothin.

We who have also lived through this look back at it and laugh now, it was a time of no money and lots of baked potatoes and instant soup....as well as maybe grabbing and extra apple or banana when leaving the dining hall. Yes were were hungry, but we didnt make much money and school it overpriced....if they want to help the kids, stop charging them so much money for the education.