Sign in to follow this  
desertfire

Bell suspension reduced

I'm sure some people see him as a steal, but I'm still hesitant. Suspension, injury, and his cuff that you need is going somewhere near round 6. I can probably be convinced otherwise, but as of now I'm still staying away.

Still 3 games he is suspended. I think in 10 man leagues it's easy to take him with a late first/early second and still build a very good team. In a 12 team or more it's a lot harder.

Does one game really make a big difference in drafters minds? Seems ridiculous.

I guess he shouldn't have gone on Instagram announcing he's going to win his appeal.... unless he considers getting a game knocked off counts as "winning". Even the Steelers got a little too optimistic... http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/ESPN-Steelers-confident-theyll-have-LeVeon-Bell-for-Week-1-46618355 Then again, he's proven that he's not a good decision maker.

Does one game really make a big difference in drafters minds? Seems ridiculous.

4 to 3 games is a much bigger deal than, say, 1 to 0 would be. Before this you were committing to playing at least 30% of your regular season without your 1st or 2nd round pick. Now it's 23%. Given that Bell was still a late first/early second, he can only move up so much, but it makes sense to me.

I'm leaving Bell where I had him on my boards, but this could make the cost of handcuffing him slightly more reasonable. I'd much rather spend a seventh- or eighth-rounder on D-Will than a sixth.

I guess he shouldn't have gone on Instagram announcing he's going to win his appeal.... unless he considers getting a game knocked off counts as "winning". Even the Steelers got a little too optimistic... http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/ESPN-Steelers-confident-theyll-have-LeVeon-Bell-for-Week-1-46618355 Then again, he's proven that he's not a good decision maker.

That's part of the risk factor to me. There's a reason I've never owned a DGB or Josh Gordon dynasty copy.

Wow, A missed test is tantamount to a failed test. What bullshite.

Actually never mind, week four puts him back on the field against Kansas City.

Wow, A missed test is tantamount to a failed test. What b*******.

How else would they do it? If they didn't make it that way, players would just skip the test.

How else would they do it? If they didn't make it that way, players would just skip the test.

Think he's calling BS because his suspension was reduced.

Think he's calling BS because his suspension was reduced.

Actually after discovering they have KC in Week 4 I'm fine.

I would still skip him bc someone will reach in top of 2nd in a 12 teamer. I'll take Deangelo in 5/6th round over that all day

If you have him on your team this is a small moral victory I guess. If it some how gets you that extra win you need to make the playoffs it's big. Still I'm not touching him at his current value.

Like I have said before numerous times, I would be shocked if these are the only games he misses.

If you have him on your team this is a small moral victory I guess. If it some how gets you that extra win you need to make the playoffs it's big. Still I'm not touching him at his current value.

Like I have said before numerous times, I would be shocked if these are the only games he misses.

Agree with you.

Are you predicting another injury or another suspension?

Are you predicting another injury or another suspension?

I think he'll get injured and miss at least a game or two, if not more. Suspension is a real possibility since he's already in the system and has random tests. Suspension wouldn't surprise me either.

There is a chance he plays all 13, I just think it's unlikely. I'm not spending a 1st or 2nd rounder on a player who I think will miss 4+ games and I know will miss at least 3. His upside isn't THAT good.

I think he'll get injured and miss at least a game or two, if not more. Suspension is a real possibility since he's already in the system and has random tests. Suspension wouldn't surprise me either.

There is a chance he plays all 13, I just think it's unlikely. I'm not spending a 1st or 2nd rounder on a player who I think will miss 4+ games and I know will miss at least 3. His upside isn't THAT good.

How can you say that not knowing how far he could fall in your draft? There has to be a point if he fell far enough, you're willing to assume the risk right?

Missing three games, it can be tough to fill that gap in a competitive league. Other teams won't have injuries piling up yet and no BYE weeks that early in the season. Could be staring at an 0-3 or 1-2 hole to climb out of to even make your playoffs.

No thanks, I'm passing at his current price.

And thats without even getting into injury risk, which I think is heightened with missing early time, and also the risk of another suspension for a repeat offender.

He's definitely not a sure fire first round pick. Taking him with your first pick will give you a hill to climb and that's something you don't want in fantasy football.

Problem I would have in drafting Bell would be the pressure to take another Rb to use while he sits out .

So than I'm more likely to reach for another Rb and pass over a Wr .

That's not a problem I want to have.