Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Duke or Gordon

I have this feeling that both these guys are gonna really out perform they're ADP. Gordon was awful as a rookie but I believe L.Bell had the same avg and just not the fumbling concern. Duke other other hand I think can be a Bernard. Kid can catch the ball and I think RG3 and the Brown will have a nice Offesne this year. Who would you rather have Gordon or Duke? And why...

Tell me what you see out of this video that you don't like about Gordon. Watching his highlights and yes all players look good in highlights but he looks like he can be a very solid RB in the NFL. He can catch and he can run between the tackle. He breaks tackles, I think Gordon breaks out this year...

Tell me what you see out of this video that you don't like about Gordon. Watching his highlights and yes all players look good in highlights but he looks like he can be a very solid RB in the NFL. He can catch and he can run between the tackle. He breaks tackles, I think Gordon breaks out this year...

I have to admit, I just looked at his numbers and dismissed him a a rookie. But damn, the kid can play some football! I saw tackle breaking. I saw lateral movement. He looked pretty good. Thank you for posting this.

I'm skeptical of Gordon given his total rookie year flop, but his price accounts for that. It's also worth noting that his abysmal YPC last year was also the average for the Chargers' entire run game, so it's not like Woodhead was out there lighting it up. If the o-line stays healthy, he's got a chance. So, he's not Montee Ball yet, and isn't all that dissimilar from a bunch of other flops going around RB30/35.

I love Duke Johnson's skills, but I wonder about his role. In Cincinnati, Hue never gave Gio significant red zone/goal line carries once he had Hill. If Crowell can do an adequate impersonation of Hill, Duke may have another year without a rushing TD. He's probably going to have to score from range. I'll still draft Duke when I can because I believe in his talent and expect him to bank 1000 scrimmage yards easily, but he's not a lock for a second-year breakout either.

I would go with Gordon. The suspension is the only reason this is even a question.

I would go with Gordon. The suspension is the only reason this is even a question.

They are talking about Running backs. The choice is between Melvin Gordon and Duke Johnson.

Melvin is the better player if everything stays the same. This reminds me for Duke when Isiah Washington I think was the starting rb for the RAMS and you just knew he wasn't going to end that way - Stacey took over after injury and became a monster. I see this with Crowell. I see no way he makes it and if you want to youtube skills - you tube Duke. If given the chance, he will be a star.

Bottom line - It's Melvin all things staying the same, but if you think Crowell isn't going to be a huge factor all year for injury reasons or performance (like I do) then Duke is your option.

You have to look at the Browns situationally. Their defense is HOT GARBAGE. They're going to be playing from behind a LOT. That puts them in more passing situations especially in the 2nd half of games. Crowell won't get as many plays as Duke. Crow will be the 1st and 2nd down back, but likely won't see much action in the second half of games. So, on obvious run downs early in the game when the defense is fresh, Crow is going to shine??? Not so much. Duke is the RB to own from Cleveland.

I know Maul's & I don't agree on Crowell, but if this is ppr, I'd take Duke.

RG3 has never really relied on the checkdown, he takes off with his legs. Are we sure of Duke Johnson's usage? He feel likes a low-end FLEX to me. In the category of Gio Bernard, Chris Thompson, James White, Theo Riddick. Could have some good PPR weeks but other weeks will kill you with low floor.

• Like 1

I must be crazy for thinking Gordon is gonna bounce in a big way. Not sure how people can even lookmatbanRB rookie year and count it lol. Rookie RB have so much to learn. I also think the Chargers O-Line was awful which didn't help.

Duke Johnson in PPR would be by pick.

Duke both formats. Gordon was on my DND list last year because I knew how bad the line was. They signed an average center and the rest of the line is the same from last year. I don't see a significant improvement to draft Gordon this year.

Duke both formats. Gordon was on my DND list last year because I knew how bad the line was. They signed an average center and the rest of the line is the same from last year. I don't see a significant improvement to draft Gordon this year.

It's not the same OLine.

12 different starters, 25 different combo's last year.

Both are solid mid round pickups. The two things that jump out to me and think Gordon has a higher ceiling especially with total TDs scored is the OLine being healthy and the addition of Ken Whisenhunt as OC. The offense should play more to Gordon's running style and they will use him as the goal line back

RG3 has never really relied on the checkdown, he takes off with his legs. Are we sure of Duke Johnson's usage? He feel likes a low-end FLEX to me. In the category of Gio Bernard, Chris Thompson, James White, Theo Riddick. Could have some good PPR weeks but other weeks will kill you with low floor.

RG3 has not had legs since his rookie year

It's not the same OLine.

12 different starters, 25 different combo's last year.

Same starters except Matt Slauson. Still one of the worst starting lines. Not good depth. If Dunlap can turn into a stud again they have a chance at being good, big if though.

I'm starting to see it more your way when it comes to Gordon.

Give me Melvin Gordon over the Duke.

At his price (6th still?), Gordon could be a STEAL as a flex or an RB2 for the Zero RB or RB2BC folks.

Sure, Woodhead is gonna steal some of his cheap points. You know the ones...those 3rd and long dumpoff receptions. Maybe Woody gets a few sneaky spread offense red zone TDs. But Gordon appears to be healthy, SD is gonna try to get him the ball on early, and he may actually be able to break a few longer runs. Kinda like Harris says, he looks good when he actually has space to work. And folks seem to take the wrong angle on him regularly. Now, he DOES need to hold onto the ball as to not David Wilson himself out of existence.

Duke is one of those guys that can trick folks with his year-end totals, which doesn't matter if his weekly floor is super scary. AKA when do you start him? You know the kind of player he could be...he blows up on your bench with 23 points one week then gives you a 4 when you chase the performance the next week. I respect him as a pass-catcher and who knows how Crowell is gonna do with this grand opportunity to caddy a Hugh Jackson 'run the ball' production. But Gordon looks good so far this preseason, he's young, and maybe SD can be more fortunate with injuries this year and could have a big chunk of a role. Oh...and Duke isn't above getting hurt and being a question mark in that way too.

I'd take Duke in ppr. I could of would like every 2nd year running back though!

Yeah Duke in his first year had what 60+ catches? I'd take him first in a PPR because Woody will siphon catches from Gordon.

Same starters except Matt Slauson. Still one of the worst starting lines. Not good depth. If Dunlap can turn into a stud again they have a chance at being good, big if though.

The line was awful last season because they basically weren't out there. The back ups were. And mostly for a huge chunk of games.

It's still not a great line when healthy, but the injuries last season to Chargers were freakishly high. Slauson is still an upgrade.

Melvin will be better - he has to be. How much so is the question.

The line was awful last season because they basically weren't out there. The back ups were. And mostly for a huge chunk of games.

It's still not a great line when healthy, but the injuries last season to Chargers were freakishly high. Slauson is still an upgrade.

Melvin will be better - he has to be. How much so is the question.

He's very talented...Have people not seen him play ball? The guy has all the tools, I think him and Abdullah and Duke will all play really well this year. I think you draft Gordon as an RB3 and I think he'll be a really good RB2 and wouldn't be shocked if he finds his way in the top 12.

Crowell in HueJackson offense is the play here folks.

Not hardly. The Browns defense is putrid. Crow might never see the field in the second half of games.

Received the following offer: Antonio Brown/Melvin Gordon for my D Johnson/Decker (TD's are worth 10 instead of 6). On one hand, Gordon should be improved and Johnson does have some committee question marks. On the other hand, Gordon was under-utilized in the red zone last season and has a beautiful 90% injury risk on Sports Injury Predictor.

Both are solid mid round pickups. The two things that jump out to me and think Gordon has a higher ceiling especially with total TDs scored is the OLine being healthy and the addition of Ken Whisenhunt as OC. The offense should play more to Gordon's running style and they will use him as the goal line back

I don't necessarily agree to that. Gordon has a bottom basement floor for sure and I think Duke's ceiling can match his with 65-70 catches.

Crowell in HueJackson offense is the play here folks.

Agreed, very undervalued. Love him as a mid rd depth RB... He is a 3 down back and you have to figure the browns will want balance and set up PA because RG3 isn't going to go into Shotgun 4 wide and sling the ball around

Agreed, very undervalued. Love him as a mid rd depth RB... He is a 3 down back and you have to figure the browns will want balance and set up PA because RG3 isn't going to go into Shotgun 4 wide and sling the ball around

You've GOT to be joking right?

You're not paying attention. :nono:

You're not paying attention. :nono:

You just can't feature a back that avg 3.6 yards per carry last season (D. Johnson). 106 carries, 0 TD.

Hue Jackson has always featured a power back and with RG3 potentially being a running thread, the running game should be better this season.

Keep in mind, Crowell also caught 19 passes last year. 19 for 9.6 ypr.

Right now, the team has Crowell on top of the depth chart.

I'm starting to see it more your way when it comes to Gordon.

I hope you grabbed him. Now that Allen is out it might change this a little. Still expect him to have a way better year then last.

I hope you grabbed him. Now that Allen is out it might change this a little. Still expect him to have a way better year then last.

Now that Allen is out. Defenses can key on Gordon even more.

The great thing about Allen is his ability to get open fast. It's helps Rivers be the good Rivers and it sets the table for everything else sd wants to do. When that goes away, ugly horrible turnover machine Rivers sneaks back into the proceedings.

The good news is that Melvin appears to be running hard so maybe he can still be effective with the touches he gets. If Rivers can be decent, defenses won't be able to just take Gordon away so easily.

Agree I think Allen being out for sure hurt Gordon.

No, Whizwnhunt admitted he lost track of Gordon in the second half. That hopefully ends when they have a lead now. Clearly they need clock killing runs. I've never seen a team abandon the run like that for no reason. Gordon was running well annnnnd breaking tackles. Maybe Dallas.