Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Spencer Ware

Reports coming out today that they aren't feeling very confident in J. Charles knee and that Ware is likely to start the season as the bell cow with a RBBC type situation. I wish I could've prioritized him more as a deeper pick.

Yea.

The Spencer Ware owner in my big money league dropped him a few days ago. Having Spence in like every league just about, I decided not to pick him up. Then as today was going on I started to think about my share of Terrence West is a bit of a mess and how his ceiling really isn't higher than Ware. So I decide to go pick up Ware. And who has picked him up? The guy who ALWAYS has multiple stud rbs on his team. Every effing year, this dudes rbs do not bust, and the mid round guys are the ones who jump to the first/second round the following year. He drafted Elliot in the first round this year, which basically means he is guaranteed to ball out. Last year he had AP, Ingram, and Freeman. focker.

Reports coming out today that they aren't feeling very confident in J. Charles knee and that Ware is likely to start the season as the bell cow with a RBBC type situation. I wish I could've prioritized him more as a deeper pick.

I've not seen said reports. Links?

Its sounding like Charles is at least going to be limited early in the season in some capacity.

From Adam Teicher at ESPN...

“Tamba is a little further along than what Jamaal is right now," coach Andy Reid said.“ But both of them are making progress.

But both players are behind schedule. The Chiefs said during the offseason that barring a setback, Charles would be ready to participate when training camp started.

There was no setback, but Charles wasn’t ready for the start of camp. He hasn’t regained the role -- full-time featured back -- he had before last season’s torn ACL.

• Like 1

That report makes it sound like a three headed monster of Charles, Ware and West. Not good for anyone

Every DFS lineup Week 1 is going to have Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and Julio at this rate.

Ware against San Diego? Jeebus

Just drafted Charles in round 2 in PPR.

Thank goodness I picked up Ware, but no doubt this is going to be a pain in the arse of its all 3 getting playing time.

At worst I thought it'd be Charles and Ware.

Will I think the biggest pain was drafting Charles in the second , I'm just saying.

Rotoworld isn't the source, the ESPN article is.

Right. That Rotoworld tidbit is just the quote from ESPN Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher of what he is seeing in practice on a day to day basis. I can delete it if needed?

My guess is that Ware opens the season as the feature back until Jamaal is ready for a full workload.

So perhaps lower your expectations of Jamaal for the first 4 games. After that I would think Jamaal would be a full year away from the injury and go back to being a RB1. If you own Jamaal owning Ware is a must.

I don't see it being anything more than a RBBC .

Reid doesn't have a history of doing that and has said if or when Charles is ready he will be the guy , right now I question if he will be ready to be the main guy anytime soon .

Right now Charles is being over valued and Ware is the better target based on his ADP.

When did Ware jump,over West? West was a beast for them when given the rock. I don't recall Ware running wild like West did.

When did Ware jump,over West? West was a beast for them when given the rock. I don't recall Ware running wild like West did.

Then you obviously don't pay attention to anything that actually happens on the field.

West is going to get work in the passing game , but there is no question Ware is the next man up .

Andy Reid has never been an RBBC guy. Granted, that may change this year with Charles & Ware but even last year it was all Charles... then all Chark... then a little of Chark & Ware as Ware began to separate himself. People will probably remember this incorrectly because all 3 got run but it was never at the same time.

You are forgetting the three headed monster of Westbrook, Buckhalter, and Staley back in the mid 2000's. Not saying this will happen this year, but there is some history of Reid going RBBC.

Feeling pretty good for now about avoiding Charles. He may end up coming on strong later in the season and pay big dividends for you all who took him.

i think no matter what happens with charles, that ware is going to be the GL back, at least when they want to pound it close. i know charles is one of the best catching passes in the rz out of the backfield but ware is good enough there. i dont see them wanting to run charles into the line inside the 5 anymore.

i think no matter what happens with charles, that ware is going to be the GL back, at least when they want to pound it close. i know charles is one of the best catching passes in the rz out of the backfield but ware is good enough there. i dont see them wanting to run charles into the line inside the 5 anymore.

Charles is a great goal line back though.

Two acl tears later, who knows. We know Ware has been running very well between the tackles.

agree. but i think to keep him healthier they will use ware more in short yardage. at least for a while.

Posted this to the Jamaal Charles thread, but putting it here as well...

Not sure how viable the source is, but there is this:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4617/jamaal-Charles

Speaking on SiriusXM Fantasy, ESPN Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher suggested Jamaal Charles might not play Week 1.
"If he plays it won't be a lot," Teicher added. "He certainly won't be the starter." This is the second time this week Teicher has questioned Charles' early-season role, saying Tuesday he still has not established himself as the clear-cut No. 1 back. These comments take the concern even a step further, questioning if Charles will even play Week 1. Always overvalued at the top of the second round, Charles needs to be moved way down draft boards. Spencer Ware is worth a look as early as the sixth round. Sep 1 - 8:27 AM

Posted this to the Jamaal Charles thread, but putting it here as well...

Not sure how viable the source is, but there is this:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4617/jamaal-Charles

Speaking on SiriusXM Fantasy, ESPN Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher suggested Jamaal Charles might not play Week 1.
"If he plays it won't be a lot," Teicher added. "He certainly won't be the starter." This is the second time this week Teicher has questioned Charles' early-season role, saying Tuesday he still has not established himself as the clear-cut No. 1 back. These comments take the concern even a step further, questioning if Charles will even play Week 1. Always overvalued at the top of the second round, Charles needs to be moved way down draft boards. Spencer Ware is worth a look as early as the sixth round. Sep 1 - 8:27 AM

If he plays? That doesn't sound good. If he doesn't play in Week 1 I just don't see how he is then the work horse in the 2nd or 3rd game. Then you have the real concern that if Ware is looking good he isn't just going to go to being a bench guy. At this point I don't see a lot of difference in value between Charles and Forte.

Forte is playing so I see a difference

As a Charles/Ware owner, please don't play week 1 then Charles. Sit him until he's 100% and ready to carry it 20+ times.

Honestly, all of this is BS until we get an official injury report, which won't be helpful. Charles will probably be questionable. Teicher will say what he has to say and then Charles will play and get 100+ yards and 2 TD's.

San Diego will be game planning for all three backs which is probably the intended purpose of this anyway.

I remember when AP came back there was some skepticism. Didn't he get 2 TD in his first game? Maybe I'm thinking of when he came back from suspension, but I thought it was from the injury. I know the guy in our league that owned him sat him and was upset about it.

I remember when AP came back there was some skepticism. Didn't he get 2 TD in his first game? Maybe I'm thinking of when he came back from suspension, but I thought it was from the injury. I know the guy in our league that owned him sat him and was upset about it.

He did. This is Charles 2nd acl tear and he isn't as young.

• Like 1

As a Charles/Ware owner, please don't play week 1 then Charles. Sit him until he's 100% and ready to carry it 20+ times.

Honestly, all of this is BS until we get an official injury report, which won't be helpful. Charles will probably be questionable. Teicher will say what he has to say and then Charles will play and get 100+ yards and 2 TD's.

San Diego will be game planning for all three backs which is probably the intended purpose of this anyway.

You will not see Charles getting 20+ carries a game at any point this season. I see 12-15 carries and 4-6 receptions. He is efficient and can still make those count but there is no reason to work horse him during the season. He is a high end RB2. The is the weekly risk that Ware steals TDs on the goal line during a week that he gets 90 total yards or less.

When did Ware become better than West?

When did Ware become better than West?

Last year. Or if you don't believe the tape and stats maybe a good sign is that he is getting the first team reps in camp and during the preseason.

Bah! I still rather have Knile Davis

Bah! I still rather have Knile Davis

Decent chance he gets cut then likely picked up by another team. However If the chiefs do keep him I think that spells even worse news for charles.