Sign in to follow this  
Huh?

Allen owners - how will you pick up the pieces?

I have some OK WR depth, so I feel like this won't kill me, but there is also no point in keeping him on my roster. Some guys available in my league who had good week 1's include the following:

Enunwa

Agholor

Royal

Davante Adams

Victor Cruz

Cole Beasley

Seth Roberts Terrell Pryor

Guys who were projected to have decent week 1's, but didn't include:

Eli Rogers

Kenny Britt

And there are also the Keenan Allen backups:

Tyrell Williams

Travis Benjamin

I'm thinking I will go for Adams, but I'm not sure how much I want to bid for him. Beasley had 12 targets (!), and he will probably be easier to get in an FAAB auction. I wouldn't play any of them before Tate or Hilton, but without Allen my flex becomes Arian Foster.

I have some OK WR depth, so I feel like this won't kill me, but there is also no point in keeping him on my roster. Some guys available in my league who had good week 1's include the following:

Enunwa

Agholor

Royal

Davante Adams

Victor Cruz

Cole Beasley

Seth Roberts Terrell Pryor

Guys who were projected to have decent week 1's, but didn't include:

Eli Rogers

Kenny Britt

And there are also the Keenan Allen backups:

Tyrell Williams

Travis Benjamin

I'm thinking I will go for Adams, but I'm not sure how much I want to bid for him. Beasley had 12 targets (!), and he will probably be easier to get in an FAAB auction. I wouldn't play any of them before Tate or Hilton, but without Allen my flex becomes Arian Foster.

Rogers & Britt haven't played yet. I'd watch Rogers closely tonight.

Are you kidding me ? there is no one on any waiver wire that can replace his production. A 2nd Rd pick wasted imo.

Are you kidding me ? there is no one on any waiver wire that can replace his production. A 2nd Rd pick wasted imo.

Obviously not, but we still have to field a team and try to win.

Obviously not, but we still have to field a team and try to win.

Yes I get your point but I lost this week because of the injury. So I'm angry as hell. I will field a team but as far as I'm concerned my season is over.

Cole Beasley in a PPR league. Should have had a TD on top of his catches and yards yesterday.

Tajae Sharpe or Emmanuel Sanders will have to be my WR3 (in a league that starts three). Nothing of interest on the wire so far.

Dak is going to work the underneath game a lot so Beasley is a nice piece to have. Tyrell is the obvious play and may actually come close to Allen's production. Less catches but more yards in chunks. I am probably starting Williams in every league I have him, save for one or two of my loaded receiver teams.

Davante Adams has the plague.

I don't mean avoid him 'like' he has the plague. I mean avoid him, he literally has the plague. We just saw his 2016 highlight reel yesterday.

He'll be dead before December, bank it.

That said, Enunwa and Agholor are interesting, as is Tyrell (he's probably an android too, so that's cool). Pryor--need to wait and see what happens with RGIII.

Yep, looks like Watkins may be lost for the year. Allen and Watkins will go on the "don't bother to draft" list. Luckily I only own one copy of them apiece in two separate leagues.

Eli Rogers may be fools gold tonight or could take the #2 job out right. With Wheaton out Rogers has a shot to earn the starting job opposite the Great One!!

Dak is going to work the underneath game a lot so Beasley is a nice piece to have. Tyrell is the obvious play and may actually come close to Allen's production. Less catches but more yards in chunks. I am probably starting Williams in every league I have him, save for one or two of my loaded receiver teams.

I know you are really high on the guy and drafted him aggressively, but let's pump the brakes. I like this kid's future as he reminds me a little of big game Torry Holt, but IMO he'll get you 3ish catches per game with the occasional big play. I could see 800 and 6-7 TDs, but expecting a freak season (Allen production) seems a bit bullish.

• Like 1

I know you are really high on the guy and drafted him aggressively, but let's pump the brakes. I like this kid's future as he reminds me a little of big game Torry Holt, but IMO he'll get you 3ish catches per game with the occasional big play. I could see 800 and 6-7 TDs, but expecting a freak season (Allen production) seems a bit bullish.

So true. It's like I said before there is noooo replacing alle. Waiver wire suxs. Nough said!

Yes I get your point but I lost this week because of the injury. So I'm angry as hell. I will field a team but as far as I'm concerned my season is over.

If your season is over because of one player, you must have had a poor draft.

• Like 1

If your season is over because of one player, you must have had a poor draft.

I had a great team team now with him out it is average. He was #1 wr, there is no way to replace him. This happens to me every fuckin season and I'm sick of it.

Who else is going to get all of these targets? Williams was already going to be getting 3 catches a game with Allen in the lineup. No one else has the size, speed, athleticism combo Williams has. I don't see any reason his targets won't increase from their original projections.

Plus he is a big play threat. So if he can have that 17 ypc average, he only needs 5-6 catches a game to be an every week stud. Not a slam dunk, I just don't see anyone else on the roster who has such fantastic ability that they should now become the focal point.

Who else is going to get all of these targets? Williams was already going to be getting 3 catches a game with Allen in the lineup. No one else has the size, speed, athleticism combo Williams has. I don't see any reason his targets won't increase from their original projections.

Plus he is a big play threat. So if he can have that 17 ypc average, he only needs 5-6 catches a game to be an every week stud. Not a slam dunk, I just don't see anyone else on the roster who has such fantastic ability that they should now become the focal point.

I'm going after him in one league with the #2 waiver spot and Jay Ajayi/Ted Ginn just sitting there like turds on my bench.

Just can't figure out whether to drop the WR I'll probably never play, or the RB who isn't dressing and is hated by his coaches but somehow is in line for the top spot behind a back who is made of some crumbly kind of cheese.

I guess he should just quit playing fantasy football this year.

I guess he should just quit playing fantasy football this year.

We save time in my leagues by taking Week 1, multiplying by 16, and then figuring out who won. We'll be crowning the champ on Thursday. So much easier than assuming things may change.

You do know his best season he had about 71 catches right? I'm sure it's not that hard to find someone.

I can see being frustrated losing a top player, but you gotta move on. I lost Charles last year and made the playoffs. Grabbed Rawls off waivers and was rolling again. Until he broke his ankle in our playoffs. What can you do. It's fantasy.

I can see being frustrated losing a top player, but you gotta move on. I lost Charles last year and made the playoffs. Grabbed Rawls off waivers and was rolling again. Until he broke his ankle in our playoffs. What can you do. It's fantasy.

You make a valid point but its stings me also because I lost by 2 points this week because of the injury to allrn. It's a double whammy if u look at it. Still pissed.

You make a valid point but its stings me also because I lost by 2 points this week because of the injury to allrn. It's a double whammy if u look at it. Still pissed.

Eh. Half of all FF owners lose in week 1.

:)

So any chance this Tyrrell Williams dude is for real?

Doesn't have to be great - just good enough to get targets

Hell, I made the playoffs last year after losing Lewis, Foster, Lynch and Ingram in 6 weeks. Not going to p*ss myself as soon as one guy goes down.

Wondering same as you Worms, never even heard of this Tyrell W and his stats show why...what gives? I'm looking at T Sharpe or M Sanu as both are on my wire. Not sure I want to waste my waiver on either though. Cooper is my other starter with my Keenan backups being DeSean and Marvin Jones.

Had Charles last year and Keenan this year, fan-effing-tastic.

Wondering same as you Worms, never even heard of this Tyrell W and his stats show why...what gives? I'm looking at T Sharpe or M Sanu as both are on my wire. Not sure I want to waste my waiver on either though. Cooper is my other starter with my Keenan backups being DeSean and Marvin Jones.

Had Charles last year and Keenan this year, fan-effing-tastic.

He's 6'4", has blazing speed and may now be the number 1 on a pass heavy team with a great QB. I'm already trying to grab Tyrell off waivers.

I'm going after him in one league with the #2 waiver spot and Jay Ajayi/Ted Ginn just sitting there like turds on my bench.

Just can't figure out whether to drop the WR I'll probably never play, or the RB who isn't dressing and is hated by his coaches but somehow is in line for the top spot behind a back who is made of some crumbly kind of cheese.

Oh, wait. I have Kenny Stills!

Not anymore :)

As much as this sucks, it doesn't hold a candle to my having Adrian Peterson shut down the one year I drafted him for beating his kid.

As much as this sucks, it doesn't hold a candle to my having Adrian Peterson shut down the one year I drafted him for beating his kid.

You drafted him for beating his kid?

I want to see your league scoring settings.

• Like 1

You drafted him for beating his kid?

I want to see your league scoring settings.

Lol - A+

I drafted Allen in the 3rd, thus sacrificing quality at RB to do so. But I still have ODB and A Cooper, along with Fuller and Sharpe.

Next man up!

This

• Like 2

Depends on how my receivers look. One of the writers on here was talking about the first two weeks mastering the most as we see how situations shake out, waiver wire wise. Tyrell seems like that obvious waiver move that benefits a team all year. I would probably put $175 on him. Maybe an over bid, but the risk is worth it imo.

So true. It's like I said before there is noooo replacing alle. Waiver wire suxs. Nough said!

Wasn't Allen himself a WW pickup in his rookie year?