Sign in to follow this  
Dragan187

Giants Offense a must start this week vs. New Orleans

I am actually sitting Brees this week, and playing Rivers instead against JAX. I think NO will try to slow this game down with Ingram, and they'll have a lot more success doing so than SD would have with Gordon against JAX.

I think Rivers is going to be a top 3 QB this week, and Brees will barely manage top 8. If you look at Brees' splits home v away, he's all world at home, and average on the road. JMO, of course.

The TDs passing was an NFL record, breaking an old Saints record from 1968. Really a hell of a thing.

Oh, I'm well aware of that my friend.

I had Eli on the bench for that one last year. I remember it like it was last week.

I am actually sitting Brees this week, and playing Rivers instead against JAX. I think NO will try to slow this game down with Ingram, and they'll have a lot more success doing so than SD would have with Gordon against JAX.

I think Rivers is going to be a top 3 QB this week, and Brees will barely manage top 8. If you look at Brees' splits home v away, he's all world at home, and average on the road. JMO, of course.

I think you're wrong. They'll have very limited success trying to run on that Giants front 7. Their only chance is to air it out.

I think you're digging too deep. Brees is worse on the road, but his defense is horrendous. NO is going to be in shoot outs all year long. Start your Saints and start whoever is playing the Saints.

Didn't Rivers just lose his #1 Wr?

The Saints have all kinds of weapons to throw to this year. Brees may shake that away stench off this year and still put up big road numbers. They have no choice.

Screw it. I'm going with Shepherd over Sanders. The Saints are starting two undrafted free agents at corner now. Plus, the Denver QB scares me. He looked bad.

Dude, Brees was out of his focking mind last week. Granted Oakland had some matchup issues with those smurf WRs, but my guess is it'll be in a shootout. Cooper was running free the entire game, and I believe their top CB is hurt. I wouldn't trust that Denver QB for all the tea in China.

you'd have to be pretty thin at WR to start Cruz this week.

Not thin, just willing to gamble. I think of all weeks, this is the week to play him. He played all but 6 snaps and appears to have made it through healthy. He caught all 4 of his targets and the game wining TD, so it would seem Eli still trusts him. This is his home opener and the first time playing in front of a home crowd for a team and fan base that has stuck by him for essentially two years of rehab. I'm not saying he will out score OBJ, but I have to believe they plan to try and get him at least one TD if at all possible. That is worth a flex start for me. Maybe I'm wrong, and I wouldn't drop anyone vital... But I'm wondering if the fantasy community (what have you done lately) has maybe written him off to soon. His team certainly hasn't. And while Shepard is clearly the future, if Cruz is 80% of his old self, I think he could be a steal (free almost everywhere) for as long as he stays healthy...

Not thin, just willing to gamble. I think of all weeks, this is the week to play him. He played all but 6 snaps and appears to have made it through healthy. He caught all 4 of his targets and the game wining TD, so it would seem Eli still trusts him. This is his home opener and the first time playing in front of a home crowd for a team and fan base that has stuck by him for essentially two years of rehab. I'm not saying he will out score OBJ, but I have to believe they plan to try and get him at least one TD if at all possible. That is worth a flex start for me. Maybe I'm wrong, and I wouldn't drop anyone vital... But I'm wondering if the fantasy community (what have you done lately) has maybe written him off to soon. His team certainly hasn't. And while Shepard is clearly the future, if Cruz is 80% of his old self, I think he could be a steal (free almost everywhere) for as long as he stays healthy...

This. And I lost Keenan Allen last week.

Anything is possible and this could be a situation where everyone is wrong except you, but I can't bench Brees, even against a stout front 7. Even if the Saints try to slow the game down, the Giants are going to stomp the run game. I would be really worried as an Ingram owner. Brees is going to have to throw to keep the Saints in the game. He has plenty of weapons to be successful this week.

hmm so your saying by the quality of their lineup you can gauge whether their opinion is worthy? I guess thats a different way of looking at it. I only value a few posters here and it is only from interacting with them for a few seasons.

No, by seeing their individual players I can tell. For example, say a guy is arguing that Forte is too old and washed up. If he has Powell sitting on his bench his argument loses something because I know he wants Forte to be old and washed up.

No, by seeing their individual players I can tell. For example, say a guy is arguing that Forte is too old and washed up. If he has Powell sitting on his bench his argument loses something because I know he wants Forte to be old and washed up.

People's arguments only lose something to me if the argument itself is a bad one :) If it's a good argument, I don't much care why they are making it. Ditto for a bad one. Might be interesting psychologically, but motive doesn't make the argument better or worse.

• Like 1

People's arguments only lose something to me if the argument itself is a bad one :) If it's a good argument, I don't much care why they are making it. Ditto for a bad one. Might be interesting psychologically, but motive doesn't make the argument better or worse.

Given the choice id prefer neutral advice to biased advice though.

Given the choice id prefer neutral advice to biased advice though.

If the presentation of the argument is badly biased, it's hard to see the real evidence, so yeah, I agree I'd rather have the presentation be neutral. But if someone says "I have X on my bench, and I really want him to succeed, here's why I think he will..." and then follows that up with clearly laid out evidence, that's as good to me as someone saying "I don't own X, but here's why I think he'll succeed..." and then gives the very same evidence.

To be clear, "Dude's a beast!" and "I saw him play in high school!" isn't good evidence :)

But all else being equal, I agree with you. Bias can come in even if you pile up stats, with what stats you decide to give.

• Like 1

IM Starting Jennings over Lacy and Gurly on my team. Not sure if it's a good idea, but I'm doing it given the Saints D being so bad right now. My keepers were Lacy and Gurly and I'm starting my backups Ware and Jennings week two over them. Crazy.

I hate to start two players from the same team though

Why? Two WR's on the same team can still both have good games.

Big game for Brees! Anyone starting Michael Thomas though? I might start him over DT what you think?

A lot of mouths to feed in NO:

Snead

Cooks

Ingram

Cadet

Fleener

The Giant corners are very good, all three of them. The One to,own may be the slot guy.

Well, this de-escalated slowly.

Manning may have over 300 and Odell may catch 10 but it is possible neither one has a td.

I love how inside the 5 Vereen comes in and Jennings goes out. I'm gonna try and unload Jennings to someone who doesn't watch game flow, jesus...

I love how inside the 5 Vereen comes in and Jennings goes out. I'm gonna try and unload Jennings to someone who doesn't watch game flow, jesus...

The Giants OL was impotent with first and goal at the two. They might regret not scoring a td. Brees is starting to get comfortable and is a clutch qb too. The Giants fans will be extremely frustrated if they lose this game the way they dominated and shot their own foot time after time.

Glad I sat Brees.

Suddenly sitting people against the Giants makes more sense. That D looked great.

Last time I use jennings. Shepard looks like an every week guy though.

Started Jennings the last two weeks. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. :bench: