Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

My big issues are that the NFL is over saturated with too many games at too many times. The league doesnt care about player safety or competitive fairness or they wouldnt make teams play on 3 days rest or play home games in foreign countries. Automatic reviews of all turnovers and scoring plays have slowed the game down badly. The rules around hits in particular are inconsistent and not intuitive. The game seems designed now for pinball scores to make fantasy football more fun. Its not the sport I grew up with.

I barely even like fantasy football anymore. every argument about great players now, comes down to fantasy stats and not what they actually mean to their teams.

I barely even like fantasy football anymore. every argument about great players now, comes down to fantasy stats and not what they actually mean to their teams.

Holy irony. Mr Stat himself tossing this out.

Holy irony. Mr Stat himself tossing this out.

Baseball, sure.

NFL, not so much.

I didn't bring up tackles in the Urlacher thread

Baseball, sure.

NFL, not so much.

I didn't bring up tackles in the Urlacher thread

You went all stats in the Eli Debate. Stop.

I made the playoffs in 12 Geeks at 7-6 as a five seed, When my playoff run there is over, I'm done. Out.

One-three more weeks of paying attention to the NFL.

I couldn't tell you that the games are boring or the rules changes or expensive ticketing or CTE worry or whatnot are causing declining viewership. I don't watch the games to know what is affecting everybody else. All I can as is that in my case, the 100.0000000% reason I'm out is because of the kneeling and no other reason.

There is a very good chance that this is permanent.

Thats close to the 4th time you have said this. We get it. You are making the right choice for yourself, no doubt

However, I am sure there are definitely a bunch of racists out there, that don't watch anymore, specifically because of the national anthem B.S.

Saul Alinsky would be proud of you

Thats close to the 4th time you have said this. We get it. You are making the right choice for yourself, no doubt

only 17 moves in the last month, his last gasp?

1. Maltese Falcons Injured Reserve
deactivated Palmer, Carson ARI QB
Tue Dec 5 6:25:51 a.m. MT 2017
2. Maltese Falcons Injured Reserve
activated Eifert, Tyler CIN TE
Tue Dec 5 2:47:27 a.m. MT 2017
3. Maltese Falcons Add/Drop
dropped Fiedorowicz, C.J. HOU TE
Tue Dec 5 2:23:11 a.m. MT 2017
4. Maltese Falcons Add/Drop
dropped Allen, Javorius BAL RB
Tue Dec 5 2:22:53 a.m. MT 2017
5. Maltese Falcons Waiver
acquired Williams, Joe SFO RB
Wed Nov 29 8:00:00 p.m. MT 2017
6. Maltese Falcons Waiver
acquired Palmer, Carson ARI QB
7. Maltese Falcons Waiver
acquired Mitchell, Malcolm NEP WR
8. Maltese Falcons Add/Drop
dropped Peterman, Nathan BUF QB
Mon Nov 27 10:37:06 p.m. MT 2017
9. Maltese Falcons Add/Drop
dropped Tolbert, Mike BUF RB
Mon Nov 27 10:36:42 p.m. MT 2017
10. Maltese Falcons Add/Drop
dropped Fitzpatrick, Ryan TBB QB
Mon Nov 27 10:36:13 p.m. MT 2017
11. Maltese Falcons Add/Drop
acquired Clement, Corey PHI RB
dropped Rawls, Thomas SEA RB
Fri Nov 24 12:36:24 a.m. MT 2017
12. Maltese Falcons Waiver
acquired Peterman, Nathan BUF QB
dropped Davis, Vernon WAS TE
Wed Nov 15 8:00:00 p.m. MT 2017
13. Maltese Falcons Waiver
acquired Fitzpatrick, Ryan TBB QB
dropped Harris, Demetrius KCC TE
Wed Nov 8 8:00:00 p.m. MT 2017
14. Maltese Falcons Waiver
acquired Fiedorowicz, C.J. HOU TE
15. Maltese Falcons Waiver
acquired Rawls, Thomas SEA RB
dropped 49ers, San Francisco SFO Def
16. Maltese Falcons Injured Reserve
deactivated Bradford, Sam MIN QB
Wed Nov 8 11:19:22 a.m. MT 2017
17. Maltese Falcons Add/Drop
dropped Enunwa, Quincy NYJ WR
Wed Nov 8 11:18:47 a.m. MT 2017

Just saw where the NBA's national games are up over 30%.

That can't be true, can it?

If so, wow. WOW.

And I STILL say, and believe, if the Lions were 12-0 you'd be watching--kneeling or not. It's easy to walk away when there is nothing to see.

And I STILL say, and believe, if the Lions were 12-0 you'd be watching--kneeling or not. It's easy to walk away when there is nothing to see.

Good point. But keep in mind 1) that's never going to happen, (lions) and 2) half the teams (sans the Patriots) suck every year. It's hard enough to keep fans interested in crap teams to begin with (like the pats before Brady when they struggled with attendance) but heap this garbage on and it's all the easier to walk away. Imagine a Browns fan walking because of the protests?? Are you saying he will be back when the Browns are good again? How long will that be?

Good point. But keep in mind 1) that's never going to happen, (lions) and 2) half the teams (sans the Patriots) suck every year. It's hard enough to keep fans interested in crap teams to begin with (like the pats before Brady when they struggled with attendance) but heap this garbage on and it's all the easier to walk away. Imagine a Browns fan walking because of the protests?? Are you saying he will be back when the Browns are good again? How long will that be?

Not to mention the anal rape they administer to those who actually go to the games.

Most titans fans I know have been looking for excuses to quit paying PSL fees, being forced to buy sh!t preseason games at full price, $25 parking, $10 beer, etc.

I read a lot of people say they are walking after this season. We shall see.

Not to mention the anal rape they administer to those who actually go to the games.

Most titans fans I know have been looking for excuses to quit paying PSL fees, being forced to buy sh!t preseason games at full price, $25 parking, $10 beer, etc.

Couple that with people not paying for Sunday ticket next year. Our resident protest deniers don't grasp how much money is at stake with even a 10-15 pct drop in revenue. They will put a good face on it in public, but the leauge knows. Every action they have taken since this started has proven their concern. The real kick in the nuts comes when it's time to renew the TV deals. The networks will not be paying much more for content that is getting less viewers.

Pats have reduced prices for preseason games. They use a tiered pricing system that has better games (at the time the schedule comes out) costing more than lesser games. Overall yearly season ticket price is the same, though, so the team still gets their money.

Beers are $9-12 depending on what you get for brand for a 16 oz beer. Parking is $40 in the Stadium lots. No PSL's.

Place is still banged out since 1994, contrary to what RP/HT/MB will tell you.

NFL is projecting a record $14 billion in revenues next year.

The league doesnt care what you think because theyre printing money.

Pats have reduced prices for preseason games. They use a tiered pricing system that has better games (at the time the schedule comes out) costing more than lesser games. Overall yearly season ticket price is the same, though, so the team still gets their money.

Beers are $9-12 depending on what you get for brand for a 16 oz beer. Parking is $40 in the Stadium lots. No PSL's.

Place is still banged out since 1994, contrary to what RP/HT/MB will tell you.

A record 17 home blackout dates for the Patriots. This is a fact.

NFL is projecting a record $14 billion in revenues next year.

The league doesnt care what you think because theyre printing money.

Does Temple have a business school? If they do and you went get your money back

only 17 moves in the last month, his last gasp?

I've been actively running the team because Im not a b*tch. I was trying to muscle through but I couldn't take it anymore. Notice that week I'd put Eifert on IR, he'd already been on the Bengals IR for three weeks prior to that point and I hadn't noticed it. Those weeks before Eifert hit IR, I was neglecting the team. That was also the week I never put a waiver claim in for CJ Beathard and somebody witha lower priority got him. Between not realizing that Eifert was long IR eligible and missing out on CJ Beathard (which fortuantly didn't matter) that was my wakeup call that I was focking up.

It was at that point that I realized I was done and resigned. I also made a conscious effort to step up my game because I didn't want to screw over the next owner or go out like a chump with my tail between my legs. I was also commish and had everybody needing at least a marginally competent guy in there but the thrill was done.

That was also the point when I resigned from both my dynasty leagues at the end of the year. I realized I was a deadbeat owner. It was my low point as the protests were in full swing. I started to pick up activity later because I wanted to get the team ready for the next owner and didn't want to give him a crap team of have a mess to clean up. I've too much pride for that.

It's not a bad team. It went 5-8 but had a >.600 'all play' winning percentage and was 4/14 in total points. I had the highest points allowed in the league by a significant margin is all.

Anyway, more to the point, I've long announced I was stepping away from both my dynasty leagues.... you can see both messages here... both are timestamped the week I put Eifert on IR which is the same point when I told everybody in this thread I was done too. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=471068

and it's still in the chat from long ago here, (I don't know if you can read the chat if you're not logged into the league). I was the original commish and I've been in this league since '98 or so ... http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/26717#0

Meh, I haven't watch a full game yet this year and my Vikes are currently the No. 1 seed in the NFC. Is the kneeling the reason I quit watching the NFL? It's one of them. They all add up.

• Like 1

A record 17 home blackout dates for the Patriots. This is a fact.

That you said went away when Brady showed up. It is a fact that it happened 7 years before.

Eh..maybe... the Lions were 3-1 and looking good and I was still wavering even though the protests had blown up two weeks old by then and eight Lions sh*tbags had knelt for the national anthem. By that point I wasn't following games anymore.

This year's Lions Thanksgiving game was the first one that I'd not tuned in in my life (other than the ones I missed in the Army) and that was a really important game for playoff implications against the Vikings.

Truth be told though you may well be right. It's hard to scrub the tattoo off my soul. I follow the Pistons, Wings, Tigers, Wolverines, and Spartans more closely when they're up than down. That wasn't the case when I was stateside and I was invested every year but overseas it's a chore to keep up. The Lions are now my least favorite Detroit team and I didn't root for them against Carolina because, unlike the Lions, I respected how the Panthers handled the protests.

That you said went away when Brady showed up. It is a fact that it happened 7 years before.

Ok. You win? I guess.

Maybe the decline in ratings is due to the mobility of its viewership. The NFL is in huge trouble now with only adding $500m per year from Verizon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/11/verizon-to-pay-nfl-500-million-a-year-to-stream-games/

That will certainly off set the expected loss of revenue from TV. It's a different world.

$14 billion in projected revenue this year.

How will they survive. :(

$14 billion in projected revenue this year.

How will they survive. :(

As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly

It may not be affecting the NFL that hard yet, but seriously tickets were going for $2 a piece for the Bills/Colts game.

Empty seats, lower concessions, teams unable to bilk the fans for season tickets at full prices let alone PSLs.

It is impacting the bottom line for the economy that relies on the NFL.

It may not be affecting the NFL that hard yet, but seriously tickets were going for $2 a piece for the Bills/Colts game.

Empty seats, lower concessions, teams unable to bilk the fans for season tickets at full prices let alone PSLs.

It is impacting the bottom line for the economy that relies on the NFL.

My guess is that the snowstorm had something to do with that

Maybe the decline in ratings is due to the mobility of its viewership. The NFL is in huge trouble now with only adding $500m per year from Verizon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/11/verizon-to-pay-nfl-500-million-a-year-to-stream-games/

What were they getting per year for streaming before this deal?

Bills-Colts was 2nd highest rated game in Buffalo since 2000!

http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/11/bills-game-rating-is-second-highest-here-since-2000/

:overhead:

Nobody lives there. And the ones that do couldn't go out. But cool story.

People in the Buffalo market who couldn't leave their house watched the Bills game...

MDC bringing it..

:doh:

to witness the death of the multi-billion dollar National Football League, you really don't need to see sportswriters wringing their hands over the moral dilemma of covering America's Roman circus of brain trauma.

And you don't need to watch multi-millionaire football stars, pampered for most of their lives, ostentatiously disrespecting the American national anthem, kneeling, their raised fists in the air

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-football-concussions-youth-kass-met-0906-20170905-column.html

Seeing as I'm almost done for good as an NFL fan/FF player, I'd like to go out on top.

Last week I knocked out White Wonder in the 12Geeks1Cup quarterfinals. This week in the semifinals, I get a Wentz-less Mookz team.

My NFL kneeling boycott is postponed for another 5-12 days.