Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

The only folks I know that care about the protests are cops, nobody else gives a sh!t about the protests, people need to quit pushing this narrative.

Disagree, I was stunned by the amount of people that I ran into over the holidays that were no longer watching because of protesting. I mentioned that it really wasn't much of a narrative any longer but, they all really didn't care. They have appeared to have moved on. The ratings number show this to be the case.

Personally, the product on the field is terrible. The officiating is atrocious, I watch my team when they are on, I'm a 9'ers fan and live in the middle of the country, so that isn't often.

We are also transitioning our long-time re-draft leagues to DK, I can pick a new team each week and not really have to get involved in the minutia of studying for drafts.

The only folks I know that care about the protests are cops, nobody else gives a sh!t about the protests, people need to quit pushing this narrative.

cops and military vets.

we can debate how large this group is and how much they alone affect the ratings.

But I think, large or small, they do exist and they're p!ssed enough to stop watching.

cops and military vets.

we can debate how large this group is and how much they alone affect the ratings.

But I think, large or small, they do exist and they're p!ssed enough to stop watching.

Cops I can see, no vets I know give a sh!t.

Cops I can see, no vets I know give a sh!t.

I know a couple that are pissed.

And I know a few guys whose Dads/Grandfathers were active duty (Vitenam, etc) and they're p!ssed.

The larger point is that I don't doubt there is a small portion of viewers who are so p!ssed that they stopped watching altogether. They aren't the whole reason for the decline, just a piece of the pie.

I think this off season will tell the tale. See how ticket sales go and what the orders for red zone and the NFL package are. We tend to forget the product being crap when we get excited for the season, but people pissed off about the protests aren't going to forget.

From last Sunday's Boston Globe

. . . Looks like all that coverage about an NFL boycott and sagging TV ratings was just a bunch of hot air. Per NBC, the NFL finished the fall 2017 season as the Nos. 1, 2 and 4 rated TV shows in prime time. Sunday Night Football led the way with 18.2 million viewers every week, Thursday Night Football on CBS was second at 14.1 million, and TNF on NBC was fourth at 14.036 million. Yes, the numbers are declining, but thats because overall TV viewership is declining, as people find other ways to consume entertainment. The NFL is still king . . .

All entertainment is evolving in this world with different ways to consume the products.

NFL still making a ton of revenue...and still dominating the ratings.

OOF

Wild Card Weekend Overnights Roundup:

TEN-KC: 14.7 HH -11% YOY vs. 16.6 (OAK-HOU)

ATL-LAR: 14.9 HH -10% YOY vs. 16.5 (DET-SEA)

BUF-JAX: 17.2 HH -10% YOY vs. 19.2 (MIA-PIT)

CAR-NO: 20.4 HH -21% YOY vs. 25.9 (NYG-GB)

Not to worry! Bill Belichick hates Tom Brady and Bob Kraft!

Ratings bonanza!!!

You would have to agree that stopping the kneeling is the easiest thing to fix as far as NFL woes are concerned? At least the quickest fix.

I don’t think this would matter, the people that left because of the protests are not coming back and most of them were half way out the door before this happened.

That - 21% for the N.O/ Carolina game is huge. Best game, best time slot.

OOF

Not to worry! Bill Belichick hates Tom Brady and Bob Kraft!

Ratings bonanza!!!

Not sure how you can church that up, disastrous.

I don’t think this would matter, the people that left because of the protests are not coming back and most of them were half way out the door before this happened.

TV ratings are down across the board... streaming and social media are cutting into the pie

Not sure how you can church that up, disastrous.

Well part of it, just part, can be explained looking at the teams involved.

This year's matchups featured lots of non marquee teams with small fanbases. Tenn, Jax, Buf, Car, NO, and the new LA team.

Last year had more Marquee teams and bigger cities on Wild Card Weekend. GB, OAK, NYG, PITT, MIA, etc.

I dont think this would matter, the 3 people that left because of the protests are not coming back and most of them were half way out the door before this happened.

Well part of it, just part, can be explained looking at the teams involved.

This year's matchups featured lots of non marquee teams with small fanbases. Tenn, Jax, Buf, Car, NO, and the new LA team.

Last year had more Marquee teams and bigger cities on Wild Card Weekend. GB, OAK, NYG, PITT, MIA, etc.

Last year's numbers were already down....

I know a couple that are pissed.

And I know a few guys whose Dads/Grandfathers were active duty (Vitenam, etc) and they're p!ssed.

The larger point is that I don't doubt there is a small portion of viewers who are so p!ssed that they stopped watching altogether. They aren't the whole reason for the decline, just a piece of the pie.

My grampa was in the korean war and is 86 years old. I have never heard him rip anyone for exercising their rights over standing.

Now he thinks the dancing around and celebrations every 2 minutes is silly and childish. And I agree with him.

Nope. There was no talk of what teams were playing while the ratings were ascending. It didn't matter then, it doesn't matter now.

My grampa was in the korean war and is 86 years old. I have never heard him rip anyone for exercising their rights over standing.

Now he thinks the dancing around and celebrations every 2 minutes is silly and childish. And I agree with him.

It has nothing to do with their right to kneel. It is about the consumers right not to participate. I don’t know why this bothers so many of you.

TV ratings are down across the board... streaming and social media are cutting into the pie

The way to think about it is relation to MLB, NHL, and NBA. Are those leagues also seeing these problems? If so, are the declines as bad for them as it is for the NFL?

Personally, as someone personally participating in the anti-kneeling boycott, I'm very hopeful that their viewership remains steady and this'll prove to be an NFL only problem.

Why are libs so invested in the notion that ratings are not down in part because of the SJW kneeling controversy? Many people are saying they don't watch anymore. Ratings are down. Why wouldn't there be a connection? Especially considering that the largest demographic that has watched and does watch the NFL are white males, who, tend to be more patriotic than the rest of the population. I thought the left was the party of science? I guess we will see next year at what rate season tickets are renewed. That will say a lot.

A scientific approach would consider possible confounders - which is basically what the “libs” have been suggesting all along.

A scientific approach would consider possible confounders - which is basically what the libs have been suggesting all along.

I see the libs saying the protests have had little or no affect. Common sense would dictate otherwise. Like this: Lots of people are saying the won't watch or attend. Lots of people aren't watching or attending. All the factors that libs point to existed prior to last year. All of them. Except the protests. That's the new one.

I see the libs saying the protests have had little or no affect. Common sense would dictate otherwise. Like this: Lots of people are saying the won't watch or attend. Lots of people aren't watching or attending. All the factors that libs point to existed prior to last year. All of them. Except the protests. That's the new one.

Jesus Christ man. We get it. You think the protests are the main cause.

Whatever, who gives a fock?

It has nothing to do with their right to kneel. It is about the consumers right not to participate. I dont know why this bothers so many of you.

You and another poster have more than 200 combined posts in this thread. This issue seems to be bugging you a whole lot too.

Ratings down again. Lowest for division round in nearly a decade.

I have to say I didnt expect much but the weekend slate of games were great: One huge upset and two others came right down to the final play. That Vikings win was absurd. Cant wait for next week!

I have to say I didnt expect much but the weekend slate of games were great: One huge upset and two others came right down to the final play. That Vikings win was absurd. Cant wait for next week!

Heading out or staying here? Trump might fart during an interview and your take on it will be sorely missed if you're not here.

You and another poster have more than 200 combined posts in this thread. This issue seems to be bugging you a whole lot too.

You and another poster have almost 200 combined posts in this thread. This issue seems to be bugging you a whole lot too

You and another poster have almost 200 combined posts in this thread. This issue seems to be bugging you a whole lot too

Most of mine are laughing at and making fun of you. :dunno:

Sho is probably laughing. Thats what you do when an attention stared loser follows you around like a b1tch in heat.

You laugh.

I guess the common denominator is people laughing at Baker Boy. Probably cause he lied about being a Vietnam vet.

I guess the common denominator is people laughing at Baker Boy. Probably cause he lied about being a Vietnam vet.

Baker is laughing. Thats what you do when an attention stared loser follows you around like a b1tch in heat.

You laugh.

Baker is laughing. Thats what you do when an attention stared loser follows you around like a b1tch in heat.

You laugh.

I laughed when you forgot you claimed to be a Vietnam vet, then said your dad is 67. What kind of POS dirtbag loser lies about military service online?

Fake military and fake cops are the lowest of the low. :thumbsdown:

Sho is probably laughing. Thats what you do when an attention stared loser follows you around like a b1tch in heat.

You laugh.

Lol

Looks like those sh!tty ratings (and games) on Thursday nights is not hurting the league in the wallet. Fox is paying $550M per year for the rights (up from the $450M that was previously paid).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/31/report-fox-paying-550-million-a-year-for-Thursdays/

Fake news. The league is about to collapse - just ask BB, HT etc.

Looks like those sh!tty ratings (and games) on Thursday nights is not hurting the league in the wallet. Fox is paying $550M per year for the rights (up from the $450M that was previously paid).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/31/report-fox-paying-550-million-a-year-for-Thursdays/

But Fox is full of idiots, right? :unsure: