Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

there's certain threads that just need to get locked up and fuucking Wither on the vine. Just gets old. Every fuucking week...

:cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

so i get to the bar to watch last nights game with 2 minutes left in the first half.

there prolly isnt a worse time to start watching because of all the timeouts and bs.

so i suffer thru it and the half time hoping to finally see some football.

well, some dipshiit gets hurt at the start of the 3rd and it takes like 10 minutes to his fat azz loaded on a streacher.

fock football, fock commercials, fock you all! :mad:

Dude, you came here from the Curly Board jihad. I'm pretty damn sure you have never watched a football game in your life.

• Like 1

Dude, you came here from the Curly Board jihad. I'm pretty damn sure you have never watched a football game in your life.

Damn, I think we just saw Sux b!tchslap a dude.

what's your lifetime ff record?

Might have been posted somewhere in here prior, but I read an article about Trump and his history with the NFL. I guess he owned a USFL team in the early 80s. According to some owners, he would always boast about having enough money for an NFL team, and was using the USFL to sort of jump start those aspirations. Apparently, several of the other NFL owners didnt want him in the league for one reason or another. Knowing Trumps ego and propensity to hold grudges, this has evolved into what we see now with Trumps war on football. :dunno:

Might have been posted somewhere in here prior, but I read an article about Trump and his history with the NFL. I guess he owned a USFL team in the early 80s. According to some owners, he would always boast about having enough money for an NFL team, and was using the USFL to sort of jump start those aspirations. Apparently, several of the other NFL owners didnt want him in the league for one reason or another. Knowing Trumps ego and propensity to hold grudges, this has evolved into what we see now with Trumps war on football. :dunno:

ESPN had a great 30 for 30 on that entire story. Worth the 60 minutes of your time.

Now you are going back in time.....man....

They shouldn't kneel during our national anthem and lie about police shootings. Then Trump would leave them alone. Don't start no mess won't be no mess.

• Like 1

Miichigan Panthers won the USFL Super Bowl :first: with Bobby Hebert and Anthony Carter

They shouldn't kneel during our national anthem and lie about police shootings. Then Trump would leave them alone. Don't start no mess won't be no mess.

I personally dont believe this has anything to do with kneeling, but who knows what is going on in his head. At face value, a guy who dodged the draft and doesnt know the words to the star spangled banner doesnt come off as the most patriotic of Presidents in recent history. Knowing Trump is all in on the whole divide and conquer game plan, I think this is more about political posturing than actually caring about the flag or whatever. This is the type of stuff his base eats up. And he has a very strong and loyal base, no denying that.

• Like 2

Miichigan Panthers won the USFL Super Bowl :first: with Bobby Hebert and Anthony Carter

LOL. Thats great. I know youre not watching football, but as a fellow Lions fan, Im tempted to join you. What an absolute sh!t show.

If they weren't kneeling what exactly would Trump attack them about? He's not at war with the NBA, and his base doesn't even watch that.

If they weren't kneeling what exactly would Trump attack them about? He's not at war with the NBA, and his base doesn't even watch that.

How many people are even kneeling though? Is anyone even kneeling still? I did a quick search and the only articles I found were from a Miami pre-season game. I know ESPN isnt airing the anthem, but dont remember seeing any kneeling during any games I watched this season.

It just seems like hes taking the actions of a few people and turning it into a much bigger spectacle. Every time it fizzles out or falls out of the news cycle, he seems to be right their to fan the flames again.

How many people are even kneeling though? Is anyone even kneeling still? I did a quick search and the only articles I found were from a Miami pre-season game. I know ESPN isnt airing the anthem, but dont remember seeing any kneeling during any games I watched this season.

It just seems like hes taking the actions of a few people and turning it into a much bigger spectacle. Every time it fizzles out or falls out of the news cycle, he seems to be right their to fan the flames again.

I think they have finally wised up and realized that. Don't breathe life into his narrative, it only emboldens him. The people pissed about it, for the most part, will get over it. It's fun.

I'm with Mobb on this one... draft dodgers don't get to call others out for being unpatriotic. Dodging the draft is about as unpatriotic as it gets.

Trump is a steaming pile but this flag kneeling preceded his presidency. It takes a lot of teeth grinding to vote for a celebrity clown who scammed people with a fake University and pulled his Birther nonsense.

Hillary decided to take the side of the traitorous kneelers while Trump took the side of the country which'll get you there a lot faster.

And what's deliciously funny is that when Hillary decided to piss off half of American and came to kneel before Kaepernick's cawk and pledge allegiance to fake police brutality, Kaepernick didn't return the favor to Hillary, he said that she should be in jail, and refused to vote for her.

So some good did come out of the kneeling.

• Like 1

I'm with Mobb on this one... draft dodgers don't get to call others out for being unpatriotic. Dodging the draft is about as unpatriotic as it gets.

Pamoered athletes with many violent criminals in their ranks shouldn't be disrespecting and lying about the police.

He didn't just have aspirations, he sued the NFL and won treble damages. Won a whopping $3.

He also got involved when the Bills were recently up for sale. He spent his own money to discredit the bid of Jon Bon Jovi. Trump has a hard-on for the NFL.

Pamoered athletes with many violent criminals in their ranks shouldn't be disrespecting and lying about the police.

That had nothing to do with my statement that Trump is a draft dodger and because of that, doesn't get to decide what is patriotic and what isn't. Eff that.

That had nothing to do with my statement that Trump is a draft dodger and because of that, doesn't get to decide what is patriotic and what isn't. Eff that.

It's a proper correlation. Trump is a draft dodger. He should be quiet about the military. Marshawn Lynch is a criminal. He should be quiet about the police.

• Like 1

It's a proper correlation. Trump is a draft dodger. He should be quiet about the military. Marshawn Lynch is a criminal. He should be quiet about the police.

But you're using one to deflect from the other.

But you're using one to deflect from the other.

Not really. Just showing the other sides gigantic flaw in all this.

LOL. Thats great. I know youre not watching football, but as a fellow Lions fan, Im tempted to join you. What an absolute sh!t show.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Lions.

Don't know if it is because I've drafted Stafford almost every other year since he's been in the game or because of Calvin or Barry, or mebbe just cause deep down in my empty pit of a soul, I like the idea of what Detroit once was and what currently should be. :(

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Lions.

Don't know if it is because I've drafted Stafford almost every other year since he's been in the game or because of Calvin or Barry, or mebbe just cause deep down in my empty pit of a soul, I like the idea of what Detroit once was and what currently should be. :(

Matt Millen is nothing. Detroit use to be a nice place to raise a family until we had Coleman Young as mayor for twenty years from the 70s into the 90s. He'd been kicked out of the UAW in his youth for being a Communist and was also a BLM-type zealot; the first thing he did in 1974 was fire scores and scores of 'racist' Detroit cops. In his inaugural speech, he literally told the criminals to go raid the white suburbs.

He later clarified that when he said for criminals to "hit Eight Mile" what he meant was "get out of town." :rolleyes:

Matt Millen is nothing. Detroit use to be a nice place to raise a family until we had Coleman Young as mayor for twenty years from the 70s into the 90s. He'd been kicked out of the UAW in his youth for being a Communist and was also a BLM-type zealot; the first thing he did in 1974 was fire scores and scores of 'racist' Detroit cops. In his inaugural speech, he literally told the criminals to go raid the white suburbs.

He later clarified that when he said for criminals to "hit Eight Mile" what he meant was "get out of town." :rolleyes:

I guess you forgot how old I am and what I do for a living as far as the Millen comment.

Then again, you did have Robocop.... :banana:

I would guess it is 10% grudge and 90% capitalizing on the stupidity of the left. It is a divisive issue and any tweet keeps Trump in the news as the guy who wants American citizens to respect our country's flag and anthem. What kind of animal doesn't want to respect the flag?

Do most people give two shits about kneeling? Nope.

Do most people believe that the flag, anthem, and honoring vets is more important than protesting a fake (BLM) movement? You bet your ass.

If it is in the news, conversation comes up, and people are forced to take an opinion then most are going to say they don't give a fock or that the kneeling is stupid.

Lose lose for the left.

I personally dont believe this has anything to do with kneeling, but who knows what is going on in his head. At face value, a guy who dodged the draft and doesnt know the words to the star spangled banner doesnt come off as the most patriotic of Presidents in recent history. Knowing Trump is all in on the whole divide and conquer game plan, I think this is more about political posturing than actually caring about the flag or whatever. This is the type of stuff his base eats up. And he has a very strong and loyal base, no denying that.

Spot on. Despite your petty jabs at Trump.

Same reason the left always trots out the race card or the woman card, Trump trots out the patriotism card. It gets the base horny.

:rolleyes:

Putting his legacy and net worth on the line, and putting the lives of him and his family at risk, to run for president (and not take a salary after he won) when he has already achieved every financial, power, fame, and women goal a guy could dream of is probably the most patriotic thing he could do. He ran for president so he could MAGA, not for money and power like the last 3 presidents.

How many lefties dodged the draft and were hailed as heroes?

Now the left wants to call a draft dodger a traitor?

###### please.

Lowest week two ratings for MNF in history. In MNF's first game Joe Namath was the QB. Wow. Nice job ESPN.

I don't think they are televising the anthems anymore. I know for a fact ESPN is not. They said as much.

That is how you treat a spoiled brat, ignore them until they go away. I love my football especially when they don't talk about the oompa loompa and the anthem. :thumbsup:

Lowest week two ratings for MNF in history. In MNF's first game Joe Namath was the QB. Wow. Nice job ESPN.

Over saturation, pussification of the game and women play-by-play announcers would prolly be most to blame.

Over saturation, pussification of the game and women play-by-play announcers would prolly be most to blame.

I think the women sideline announcers is a good idea. But make them the hot ones. They feel like they have to put the homely ones on there so they aren't seen as sexist.

Like when did it become wrong to stare at hot women and shame fat ugly ones lol?

But yeah, the pussification is a big reason. Flags every other play, can't hit the qb anymore, guys pull up now instead of making tackles, etc, etc. The game is all about the sanctioned violence. It is what separates it from the rest of the crap on TV. Take that away and it becomes just like any other show.

• Like 1

:rolleyes:

Putting his legacy and net worth on the line, and putting the lives of him and his family at risk, to run for president (and not take a salary after he won) when he has already achieved every financial, power, fame, and women goal a guy could dream of is probably the most patriotic thing he could do. He ran for president so he could MAGA, not for money and power like the last 3 presidents.

How many lefties dodged the draft and were hailed as heroes?

Now the left wants to call a draft dodger a traitor?

###### please.

Shut the fock up with this...you piss all over every veteran and active duty military with comparing Trump to real Patriots.

What an utter piece of thing to say.

And MAGA

I thought I read Sunday Night Football had high ratings this week.

Yeah and this. Basically all ratings are down but nfl still dominates tv in general.

The superbowl is still the most watched show of the year. The various playoff games will be among the top 10 for the year. And sunday night football is the number one overall show for the year. Thursday night football cracks the top 5 even with having some games on nfl network. Football is still king and nothing else is even close.

But if they keep focking with it they will lose fans.

The NFL experience in Times Square is closing. Didn't even last a year.

Yeah and this. Basically all ratings are down but nfl still dominates tv in general.

The superbowl is still the most watched show of the year. The various playoff games will be among the top 10 for the year. And sunday night football is the number one overall show for the year. Thursday night football cracks the top 5 even with having some games on nfl network. Football is still king and nothing else is even close.

But if they keep focking with it they will lose fans.

NBA is up.