Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Houston at New England: In-Game Discussion

I was waiting for the " you are smarter than that" reply, its obligatory..... Bellichick is able to bring any QB into that offense and it works, its rather impressive.

wrong.

Bellichick is able to take any QB with reasonable talent, and change his system to suit the QB and make it work on the defense he is facing.

as mentioned earlier, this isnt the normal system Brady runs.

but that does not seem to matter.

Belichick cares not about stats. He cares about wins and losses. and this was not a stat friendly game, but it was an effective one.

Nicely done New England. You just perfomed at a level I felt was impossible given the personell missing from the starting lineup.

Bad: sat NE D in one league

Good: sat Bennett while facing Miller/Hopkins in one league, faced Bennett/Edelman/Novak in the other

I've got Hopkins and Mercilus at IDP against Gronk and Miller. I think I maybe came out ahead tonight. Not ahead in points, but I think he missed more expected points than I did.

I've got Hopkins and Mercilus at IDP against Gronk and Miller. I think I maybe came out ahead tonight. Not ahead in points, but I think he missed more expected points than I did.

we are always pulling for you, brotha!

we are always pulling for you, brotha!

LOL. I always imagine your posts being shouted into a Webcam by the guy in your avatar. Makes me laugh.

LOL. I always imagine your posts being shouted into a Webcam by the guy in your avatar. Makes me laugh.

you dont know who rockford is? :o

I didn't realize that was him in the avatar. Sweet. That video makes me want to Google pics of Cheryl Ladd and Dian Cannon while doing shots of A1.

Texas by 10+. I'd like to see Edelman play some at QB, just for fockin up FF scores!

Man, could not have been farther off. Osweiler is putrid and all the Texans looked like they were moving in slow motion. Wondering if their 2-0 record and a hurt NE team had them way overconfident.

Kudos to the Patriots for executing the same plan they used against Arizona. Shame on the Texans for not knowing that Belichick & Co. would take away Fuller and Hopkins deep and make everyone else beat them. With that said, two fumbled kickoffs and constantly starting inside the 15 is what killed the Texans tonight.

I think we can safely say, brady is the most overrated qb of all time. Peyton misses games they lose. Brady misses games, and the 3rd stringer comes in and they still win.

Imagine Peyton with a coach as good as bellichick! :o

I think we can safely say, brady is the most overrated qb of all time. Peyton misses games they lose. Brady misses games, and the 3rd stringer comes in and they still win.

Imagine Peyton with a coach as good as bellichick! :o

And yet somehow, Tony Dungy was a first ballot HOF coach. Joke.

Last night's New England victory demonstrates that Belichick is genius enough (and I hate saying that) to win with any QB. Brady would not be nearly as successful under center for so many teams in the NFL. He may not even be a Hall of Fame QB had his career been with more than 20 other NFL teams. Matt Stafford in New England would be a Hall of Fame QB.

Matt Stafford in New England would be a Hall of Fame QB.

No doubt. The real question is who is the worst qb who belichick could turn into candidate for goat? Could he make Matt Moore a hof'er? Aaron brooks? Jimmy Clausen?

No doubt. The real question is who is the worst qb who belichick could turn into candidate for goat? Could he make Matt Moore a hof'er? Aaron brooks? Jimmy Clausen?

Jay Cutler? :ninja:

Guys like romo, peyton, roethlisberger, and stafford get hurt, and their clubs turn into 3 win teams. Brady goes down, and they win double digit games with next man up. Yet brady gets all the credit for their success.

Guys like romo, peyton, roethlisberger, and stafford get hurt, and their clubs turn into 3 win teams. Brady goes down, and they win double digit games with next man up. Yet brady gets all the credit for their success.

That's because those backup QBs won't win them a SB and BB knows this as well as all the other football smart fans out there. Only idiots like you and others here think they would win SBs with subpar QBs

Texans gutless

last year at Miami reg season played give up

last year at home in wild card vs KC lost 30-0 give up

last night vs pats 27-0 give up

this team lays down, gutless

Clowney is terrible on the Texans line...Bennett, Gronk and Solder were tossing him around like a high school kid. El busto!

Kudos to the Patriots for executing the same plan they used against Arizona. Shame on the Texans for not knowing that Belichick & Co. would take away Fuller and Hopkins deep and make everyone else beat them. With that said, two fumbled kickoffs and constantly starting inside the 15 is what killed the Texans tonight.

I agree.

a Smart team would double cover Hopkins, and stack the box to see if Osweiler could beat them using what's left, and I think to some extent this is what the pats did.

The run game wasnt bad, but if Osweiler actually played football, it would have been a lot better as they would have needed to keep players a bit further from the line.

something tells me Osweiler will see this type of defense a lot more in the near future.....

Did JJ Watt or Clowney play tonight?

Oh, that's right - whenever they face the Pats they are neutralized....

It all starts up front and at the top - get use to it people

Pats have been one step ahead for years - always have always will be :thumbsup:

This is funny now. Did Belicheck become a better coach in the off season? His kryptonite, Coughlin, is gone. No stopping him now.

Man, good point. Why wouldn't some other contender hire Coughlin as a consultant with about 4-6 weeks left just to game plan for meeting the Pats down the road? Fock, as a Steelers fan, I might send them an email suggesting this based on their success rate vs NE. Tomlin could use the help.

I also agree, that was a gutless performance by Houston. O'Brein sucked last night. Read something last night about how unsuccessful the Belichick coaching tree actually is: McDaniel, Crennel, Weiss and a host of others. He sure gets it right though.

Man, good point. Why wouldn't some other contender hire Coughlin as a consultant with about 4-6 weeks left just to game plan for meeting the Pats down the road? Fock, as a Steelers fan, I might send them an email suggesting this based on their success rate vs NE. Tomlin could use the help.

I also agree, that was a gutless performance by Houston. O'Brein sucked last night. Read something last night about how unsuccessful the Belichick coaching tree actually is: McDaniel, Crennel, Weiss and a host of others. He sure gets it right though.

Wow, belichick coaching tree hasn't been successful? That's some real hard hitting stuff there

Wow, belichick coaching tree hasn't been successful? That's some real hard hitting stuff there

Would you like me to send you an autographed pic or something to hang over your bed. The way you're following me around is pretty creepy... :wub: