Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Houston at New England: In-Game Discussion

All signs pre game had Houston winning this game. That's exactly why New England is up right now. So good when the odds are against them. The long passes are in man coverage. Eventually Brisket is going to connect. Forget the 6 yard quickies that we are all used to, it's chunk it deep night. And when is freaking Lamar Miller going to score a touchdown dammit!

Which is silly, Houston was never going to win this game, that is laughable.

Extremely disappointed in Houston thus far. Hopkins is actually doing more than I expected, you know, since Belichick takes away the opponent's top weapon. Way too conservative on early downs. Osweiler apparently needed his coach to tell him it is OK to take 3-5 yard passes when the safeties are playing 15-20 yards downfield. The Texans are playing against the ghost of the Patriots tonight (scared in other words).

With all that said, I only need modest production from Lamar Miller and/or Hopkins to get a decent-sized DFS win tonight. Perhaps Houston can open it up AND not pretend like these Patriots are world-beaters in the second half? :doh:

I was waiting for the " you are smarter than that" reply, its obligatory..... Bellichick is able to bring any QB into that offense and it works, its rather impressive.

Now you are just saying the offense works (in which its obviously not working very well. The defense is working). Before you said they just run the system. Yes, you are right, I gave you way too much credit.

Extremely disappointed in Houston thus far. Hopkins is actually doing more than I expected, you know, since Belichick takes away the opponent's top weapon. Way too conservative on early downs. Osweiler apparently needed his coach to tell him it is OK to take 3-5 yard passes when the safeties are playing 15-20 yards downfield. The Texans are playing against the ghost of the Patriots tonight (scared in other words).

With all that said, I only need modest production from Lamar Miller and/or Hopkins to get a decent-sized DFS win tonight. Perhaps Houston can open it up AND not pretend like these Patriots are world-beaters in the second half? :doh:

I faded everyone in this game. I hope the nothingness continues.

Dammit Houston. Quit focking having a PI on Bennett in the dam end zone. You cost me TWO potential TDs now you pieces of sh1t

This is a horrible game.

Such a bad nfl product.

Yup. They have to not have as many Thursday night games. Find a way to schedule these games that have both teams coming off a bye. You can't get 16 games out of it, but you take what you can, because these games suck.

Way to show up and compete Texans. No Brady, no problem right? They probably already counted this as a win on the calendar. Let's get great blocking in our PA passes and throw short to the RBs. Don't take shots at one of the best WR duos in the league.

Thank you Blount. As my Doug Martin fill-in, I could have done worse than 11 points. Now anything he gets is gravy.

Let's change all the rules around to defend the QB, receivers, the kick returned etc. but have two teams play on 3 days rest every Thursday.

Classic nfl hypocrisy.

If they really want to eliminate kickoff returns so bad, then just F'ing eliminate them and give them the ball on the 20. They just don't want to lose the additional 5 minutes of commercials that kickoffs provide.

Bill almost has COTY locked up after this start.

Absolutely - unless Goodell finds a way to somehow put the kibosh on that, too.

BB's success thus far this season has to be giving Roger a flaming ulcer. How sweet it is! :rolleyes:

I would tend to agree, Lombardi would marvel at what Billy-Boy has created and the shifty way he will sometimes skirt the rules as well.

Lombardi or anyone of his era would marvel in general at what the game has turned into. Saying one is better than the other is almost meaningless, it's two different games. I think both men would respect the hell out of each other though :)

Let's change all the rules around to defend the QB, receivers, the kick returned etc. but have two teams play on 3 days rest every Thursday.

Classic nfl hypocrisy.

Just wait...

"In the interest of player safety, we have decided to eliminate two preseason games...and replace them with two additional regular season games."

At this point I'm just hoping the Texans can force some passing downs. I've got Mercilus playing in an IDP slot and he hasn't done jack for me.

I think the excellent strategy of still trying to establish the running game halfway through the fourth quarter when you're being blanked is pure genius.

You know you have a bad QB when you can't even get garbage time points from the top WR when they getting reamed the whole half.

shut-out for patriots defense possible

Possible? Lol HOU passed mid field 2 times all game

4th and 2 throw into double coverage 20 yards downfield, after how many plays of 4 yard throws on every other down. Genius.

How bout 3rd and 8 though? Should prob run the ball on as many 3rd downs as possible.

Bad: sat NE D in one league

Good: sat Bennett while facing Miller/Hopkins in one league, faced Bennett/Edelman/Novak in the other

I just hope hopkins scores....get the week started off good. Nothing worse than laying an egg with Thursday guys

Well....that was not ideal.

Oh well. Im a Brady and Josh Gordon owner. I'm 2-0 and I was actually just hoping to go 2 and 2 until they got back.

Glad ill be on vacay this weekend. Ugh.