Sign in to follow this  
n_omarley

WTF is the deal with the Raiders and L. Murry?

I own and start him in both my leagues. (just happened that way)

I have not been able to watch the Raiders yet, so I honestly ask...

It seems like each of the first three weeks, at mid-first qaurter, he has about 25 yds and a TD, on his way to a good game. And then, one hour later, he has the exact same line.

wtf?

Jack D*ck Rio did the same thing with MJD years ago at Jacksonville....I should have known better than drafting Latavius...

He's not a go to Rb.

It's a RBBC and Washington is gaining every week on him.

Yep typical game for him now. Owners are happy with the points but the useage is terrible and that's going to catch up to him. Another week to sell high while you can.

This is the same situation as lamar miller last year if he got his touches he made for a good play that week but then he would get 10 -12 touches it was ridiculous

• Like 1

Sale sale sale before he's Rb2 on the Raiders.

How Jack Del Rio is still employed in the NFL is a total mystery. Murray is arguably their best player. They give him 9 touches a week. GTFO. I can't start him anymore

I can assure you he is not their best player

Agree I don't think he's even the Raiders best Rb.

How Jack Del Rio is still employed in the NFL is a total mystery. Murray is arguably their best player. They give him 9 touches a week. GTFO. I can't start him anymore

Their best player on offense at least is Cooper.

Which of these guys would you not take for Murray?

Kelce, T. Lockett (return yardage/ppr league), Stafford

I'm trying to work out the best possible deal before he takes a nose dive. My TE is Allen right now.

This team is going to play much better football in the second half of the season. Right now, their main concern is not overworking Murray.

so, you're pretty sure that murray IS their guy?

This team is going to play much better football in the second half of the season. Right now, their main concern is not overworking Murray.

For 2016 he is. He is unrestricted next year, and I'd say it's 65-35 he's gone. It may very well be a committee for now, but he'll win teams some fantasy games down the stretch. What folks need to remember is this team is very disjointed right now. Lots of rookies starting, new free agent players etc. Sure the offense is playing well, when it has the ball. But Oakland will only get better as the season progresses. This is far from the best football you'll see from Oakland players.

thanks. if, at all possible, i'll try to stash him until later in the season.

who do you think gets the reigns next year?

For 2016 he is. He is unrestricted next year, and I'd say it's 65-35 he's gone. It may very well be a committee for now, but he'll win teams some fantasy games down the stretch. What folks need to remember is this team is very disjointed right now. Lots of rookies starting, new free agent players etc. Sure the offense is playing well, when it has the ball. But Oakland will only get better as the season progresses. This is far from the best football you'll see from Oakland players.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

anytime there is roster turnover you are gonna have some of this.

This is where good coaching becomes important. Hopefully they get on the same page sooner rather than later.

He's 14rth in scoring right now in my PPR league. fftoday has him as the 17th the rest of the way. Seems about right. RB's are brutal this year. He's still a RB2 with upside. I have Washington just incase to be safe.

If you went WR heavy he's still a decent RB to own.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Glad I can amuse you. I gave you my take on the Raiders, you can heed it or not. Most of the time I know my football team, I'm sure most here may agree.

Murray is playing very good football right now. In that 22 yard run vs. the Titans, he hasn't shown explosiveness like that in well over a year. He may be in a full blown committee right now, but the main concern going in to 2016 was getting him some help.

I've got a good feeling he's going to win some fantasy games for people as the season shakes out. With certainty I can state this Raider team will look a LOT different in 6-8 weeks. There's loads of potential with this offensive line. It's been working through some significant injuries, and the new players like Osemele are still working to fit it. The run blocking as a unit is still not there yet. Plus the offense in general needs to improve its third down conversion rate. This will come. But they're going to lean on Murray when it all clicks together.

To preface the statement you highlighted- the Raiders are not a committee team, even though they're in a committee now.

thanks. if, at all possible, i'll try to stash him until later in the season.

who do you think gets the reigns next year?

My gut feeling is McKenzie spends a high pick and drafts a workhorse, unless he sees something in Murray. Right now he is playing at a very high level.

I generally don't get the disappointment with Murray. Given the Walking Dead Extras that make up 75% of the RBs in the league this year, a guy like Murray is gold.

Here's my RB corps after loosing Woody and Rawls:

Matt Jones (just traded for him)

Duke

CAP

DWash

Smallwood

Tell me who you wouldn't give up for Murray?

Here's another roster's RBs from that league:

JStew

Forsette

LBell

Asiata

Sproles

So there's Bell that I'd rank higher. Otherwise, I'd give up any of them for Murray. My point is, that's what happening to teams everywhere. Count your blessings with a guy like Murray.

Here's my RB corps after loosing Woody and Rawls:

I was talking to my wife about how people mixing up "loose" with "lose" is an epidemic of the internet age. She couldnt believe it, like "no way, people actually get that wrong?". I see it everywhere, from smart people even, not just morons. I still cannot believe it. Its like they take the sound of the word "lose" and just translate it as "loooooooooooose" and throw the extra o in there. I donno man, I really wish people would get a handle on it. Im not a nazi so please people dont think you are being cute by finding a mistake I made in this post and reply with a 2 word snarky correction. This loose/lose thing is truly out of control though.

I'd play fast and loose with RB and risk losing Murray.

I was talking to my wife about how people mixing up "loose" with "lose" is an epidemic of the internet age. She couldnt believe it, like "no way, people actually get that wrong?". I see it everywhere, from smart people even, not just morons. I still cannot believe it. Its like they take the sound of the word "lose" and just translate it as "loooooooooooose" and thropw the extra o in there. I donno man, I really wish people would get a handle on it. Im not a nazi so please people dont think you are being cute by finding a mistake I made in this post and reply with a 2 word snarky correction. This loose/lose thing is truly out of control though.

only loosers mix up lose and loose

I was talking to my wife about how people mixing up "loose" with "lose" is an epidemic of the internet age. She couldnt believe it, like "no way, people actually get that wrong?". I see it everywhere, from smart people even, not just morons. I still cannot believe it. Its like they take the sound of the word "lose" and just translate it as "loooooooooooose" and throw the extra o in there. I donno man, I really wish people would get a handle on it. Im not a nazi so please people dont think you are being cute by finding a mistake I made in this post and reply with a 2 word snarky correction. This loose/lose thing is truly out of control though.

I'd accept your criticism if it had been anything other than a typo. :) I see the mixup all the time between lose and loose, but it doesn't carry over anywhere when you add the 'ing'. No one, unless they mistyped, says 'loosing', unless they are 'loosing the dogs of war' or somesuch. I just done gone and typed one too many 'o's.

I'd accept your criticism if it had been anything other than a typo. :) I see the mixup all the time between lose and loose, but it doesn't carry over anywhere when you add the 'ing'. No one, unless they mistyped, says 'loosing', unless they are 'loosing the dogs of war' or somesuch. I just done gone and typed one too many 'o's.

Typos aside, I very much see loosing everywhere on the internet. I play alot of games and of course FF thus am on reddits and forums so the concept of win/lose winning/losing comes up alot in type. I see it everyday multiple times a day. They genuinely believe that its loosing because the sound the word makes when it comes out of their mouth. Looooooosing.

Typos aside, I very much see loosing everywhere on the internet. I play alot of games and of course FF thus am on reddits and forums so the concept of win/lose winning/losing comes up alot in type. I see it everyday multiple times a day. They genuinely believe that its loosing because the sound the word makes when it comes out of their mouth. Looooooosing.

Huh. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that. I see lose/loose both online and I student papers, but not loosing yet. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention. But it's a mute point.