Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Trade gets vetoed..

That trade is pretty unbalanced. I'd be forced to veto it as well. Your commish did the right thing.

He is the commish. The league vetoed it.

He is the commish. The league vetoed it.

Just the fact that someone would post a "VETO" thread is evidence alone that a trade is probably too lopsided for any league to allow it.

To use an analogy, if you trade away $10 and get $10 back, you are cool if it happens, and cool if it doesn't. It's when you are giving away $5 and getting back $10 that you'll be pissed if the trade doesn't go through.

The fact that someone was desperate enough for this trade to go through to cplain about it not happening on a message board just proves how lopsided the trade truly was.

The trade was fine. He just shouldn't be in a league full of idiots who veto every deal they don't like.

For someone with a name like "Ray_T", you don't appear to be very smart in terms of what is a fair trade. That much is clear. If you don't understand why that trade had to be vetoed, then I don't know what to tell ya.

Maybe start by asking yourself why you are so pisssed that the trade didn't go through?

Not even sure why you replied to my post with what you did.

I was correcting your obvious misperception of what happened.

My involvement in your life is now at an end.

Not even sure why you replied to my post with what you did.

I was correcting your obvious misperception of what happened.

My involvement in your life is now at an end.

:thumbsup:

When the trade is that screwy, there really isn't any need to see the rosters.

If we were trading $10 for $12, then the rosters matter. But not when someone is trading $3 for $25.

Just curious, when a trade gets vetoed, why do people feel the urge to run here and tell us all about it? It's always the same response, yeah that shouldn't have been vetoed. Vetos are stupid. They shouldn't be allowed.

Notice to anyone in a league with veto power given to the inmates: Change the rule, quit, or don't bltch about it when it happens. Simple. Any future veto complainers, you are welcome.

And Mobb is right, that trade should have been vetoed. :thumbsup:

How in gods name is that lopsided?

In my 50/50 league, Brees 52 points, Eli 30, Lacy 10. One star for two starters. I have 3 RB's I'd start before lacy.

There are 10 RB's on the waiver wire with better stats than Lacy.

Ok I commish 4 leagues and never had any issues with vetoes..

In all leagues I changed the ONLY commish veto trades to league vote..And I made it clear to everyone in this league that veto power that I am passing to all of them should ONLY be used IF a team thinks collusion is in play...And that we are all adults etc...

Well yest. a team texted me asking what I wanted for Lacy...He says he needs a rb since he only has Ingram..I told him I would do ELI and Lacy for Brees...I sent offer via cpu and he accepted...

Then I get a text this morning by him asking to cancel..He says he changed his mind..I texted back and said I can't cancel just because you changed your mind..He texts back and says ok well I'll convince people to veto...So yup trade got vetoed..And all the teams that vetoed it said they vetoed cause that team asked them to..I asked them if he didn't ask them to veto the trade would you have..and they all said no..

So being a commish...Whats my course of action with this team? This leagues only 2 yrs old so I wouldn't even be fazed if I just eliminated this league after this yr....

Sorry had to vent beyond pissed

This is a prime example to play fantasy football with good friends. People you trust. we have a group of 12 established 1995.

Sure some people have dropped out and have been filled by people who do not dare try any shananagins. We have a no drama league and its the only way to do it. I am down to this league and a cheap league at wifes work is all.

I learned my lesson getting into other leagues with peeps i didn't know. Always some bs comes up whether a phony trade, payout, free agents, had one league i was in that voted unlimited trades.

no thank you.

Stick with people you trust and you will not have to deal with this.

fwiw i thought the trade was fair

Ok I commish 4 leagues and never had any issues with vetoes..

In all leagues I changed the ONLY commish veto trades to league vote..And I made it clear to everyone in this league that veto power that I am passing to all of them should ONLY be used IF a team thinks collusion is in play...And that we are all adults etc...

Well yest. a team texted me asking what I wanted for Lacy...He says he needs a rb since he only has Ingram..I told him I would do ELI and Lacy for Brees...I sent offer via cpu and he accepted...

Then I get a text this morning by him asking to cancel..He says he changed his mind..I texted back and said I can't cancel just because you changed your mind..He texts back and says ok well I'll convince people to veto...So yup trade got vetoed..And all the teams that vetoed it said they vetoed cause that team asked them to..I asked them if he didn't ask them to veto the trade would you have..and they all said no..

So being a commish...Whats my course of action with this team? This leagues only 2 yrs old so I wouldn't even be fazed if I just eliminated this league after this yr....

Sorry had to vent beyond pissed

I commish an i hold sole power of trade veto in my league because of crap like what happened in your league plus if someone tells me to i can push a trade through in a day so that people can size up there squads

We allow the inmates to vote but in our league constitution there is an article that states if league members are found to be colluding to hinder an otherwise fair and agreed upon trade, the commissioner reserves the right to reverse the vote and process the trade.

We allow the inmates to vote but in our league constitution there is an article that states if league members are found to be colluding to hinder an otherwise fair and agreed upon trade, the commissioner reserves the right to reverse the vote and process the trade.

don't know what this even means, but I'm not named gardentstatepkwy.

But here is what you need to realize. The trade was in fact vetoed. It happened. You are the one trying to claim that was actually happened isn't what should have happened, thus the burden is on you.

Similar to if you were to claim the Texans deserved to beat the Patriots last weekend and I said the Patriots deserved to win. Well, they actually won, thus the burden is on you to explain why the Texans deserved to win.

:cheers:

Just curious, when a trade gets vetoed, why do people feel the urge to run here and tell us all about it? It's always the same response, yeah that shouldn't have been vetoed. Vetos are stupid. They shouldn't be allowed.

Notice to anyone in a league with veto power given to the inmates: Change the rule, quit, or don't bltch about it when it happens. Simple. Any future veto complainers, you are welcome.

And Mobb is right, that trade should have been vetoed. :thumbsup:

A trade doesn't have to be $10 for $10. $10 for $8 is ok. Sometimes $40 for $35 is even ok. But $15 for $40 trades should always be vetoed.

A trade doesn't have to be $10 for $10. $10 for $8 is ok. Sometimes $40 for $35 is even ok. But $15 for $40 trades should always be vetoed.

Why would you ever trade $40 for $35? Makes no sense.

And if you're trading $40 for $40 then what's the point?

Maybe the answer is to get rid of trading altogether

Back in 98, we implemented the following rule:

No trades are vetoed...Ever. However, just before the playoffs start, we go back and redistribute the points each team would have had if the trade didn't go through. That way, things are fair.

We also return everyone's money at the end of the season. The winner of the league gets a high five at next year's draft.

• Like 2

Why would you ever trade $40 for $35? Makes no sense.

And if you're trading $40 for $40 then what's the point?

Maybe the answer is to get rid of trading altogether

This is the worst statement ever made.

If something isn't fair, it is unfair. Who wants to play in an

unfair league where certain teams have unfair advantages? Not I.

don't know what this even means, but I'm not named gardentstatepkwy.

But here is what you need to realize. The trade was in fact vetoed. It happened. You are the one trying to claim that was actually happened isn't what should have happened, thus the burden is on you.

Similar to if you were to claim the Texans deserved to beat the Patriots last weekend and I said the Patriots deserved to win. Well, they actually won, thus the burden is on you to explain why the Texans deserved to win.

:cheers:

How can you not understand what that means?

I have no skin in that trade, merely offering a suggestion that's a little different from the commissioner having sole veto power. Going into next season that league is going to need to decide how they want to handle trade vetos moving forward.

Edit: I will make a statement regarding the action of the team that agreed to, and subsequently accepted that trade proposal. I still believe an agreement is an agreement and that team should not have went back and colluded with every other team to get the trade vetoed. They should have lived by their word and either eaten the garbage trade they agreed to or left it in the hands of the league without begging them all individually to veto it. Thats a b!tch move on their part.

It has comprehension issues.

Deep is not it's level of understanding.

This is the worst statement ever made.

If something isn't fair, it is unfair. Who wants to play in an

unfair league where certain teams have unfair advantages? Not I.

Well that's what I'm saying. We shouldn't allow trading because then there will never be an unfair trade. Show me the flaw in that

I have no skin in that trade, merely offering a suggestion that's a little different from the commissioner having sole veto power. Going into next season that league is going to need to decide how they want to handle trade vetos moving forward.

Edit: I will make a statement regarding the action of the team that agreed to, and subsequently accepted that trade proposal. I still believe an agreement is an agreement and that team should not have went back and colluded with every other team to get the trade vetoed. They should have lived by their word and either eaten the garbage trade they agreed to or left it in the hands of the league without begging them all individually to veto it. Thats a b!tch move on their part.

The trade was vetoed by an entire league because it was correctly deemed unfair. The facts and the decision back up my belief that this was a joke of an attempted trade.

The burden is on you guys so you should talk about each and every player and explain why what rightfully did happen shouldn't have.

thisshouldbegood

Regardless of the lopsided nature of this trade, i'll stand by my statement that this manager going to each team and asking them to veto because they changed their mind is a stone b!tch move. You own up to your decision and accept the judgement of each owner's vote. If they vote to veto, your ass is saved. If they choose not to vote or vote to process then oh well, it was your dumbass that clicked accept trade. Should have taken the extra five minute before clicking that button to think about what was about to go down.

If this case didn't involve the manager colluding with every other team to save him from his own bad decision I would probably be with you.

The trade was vetoed by an entire league because it was correctly deemed unfair. The facts and the decision back up my belief that this was a joke of an attempted trade.

The burden is on you guys so you should talk about each and every player and explain why what rightfully did happen shouldn't have.

thisshouldbegood

Regardless of the lopsided nature of this trade, i'll stand by my statement that this manager going to each team and asking them to veto because they changed their mind is a stone b!tch move. You own up to your decision and accept the judgement of each owner's vote. If they vote to veto, your ass is saved. If they choose not to vote or vote to process then oh well, it was your dumbass that clicked accept trade. Should have taken the extra five minute before clicking that button to think about what was about to go down.

If this case didn't involve the manager colluding with every other team to save him from his own bad decision I would probably be with you.

But as I understand the guy who wanted the trade vetoed was supposed to be getting the better end of the bargain. :dunno:

for the people saying its lopsided which side is the lopsided end?? The Eli and Lacy offer or the team giving up brees?

Because again....I am the one that is trading Lacy and Eli to get Brees and the team that was getting Eli and Lacy is the one crying to other teams to veto

for the people saying its lopsided which side is the lopsided end?? The Eli and Lacy offer or the team giving up brees?

Because again....I am the one that is trading Lacy and Eli to get Brees and the team that was getting Eli and Lacy is the one crying to other teams to veto

Basically the trade was unfair for both of you. You were both taking it in the ass

• Like 1

I'm new around here, but I swear to christ if I hear on more person here say "no collusion, no veto" again, I'm gonna have a aneurysm. Lighten up folks, just because another league has different rules than yours doesn't mean they're wrong or bad or dumb. In my league, we are allowed to issue a veto for any reason whatsoever, including if we just aren't in the mood - if there are five vetoes, the trade is killed No trades have ever actually been successfully vetoed, but that's beside the point. I look forward to the slew of "can I join your league" emails.

In fact, only 3 posters in this thread that have over 6,000 posts have even given an opinion Me, FBN and IGotWorms, who recommended you rename yourself "EaglesFeakinWrong".
The fact that we think that, while your supporters are a bunch of guys that each have less than 100 or 1000 total posts...well that should tell you all you need to know about the trade.

The trade was fine. He just shouldn't be in a league full of idiots who veto every deal they don't like.

Q: What is those guys being idiots and a totally unfair trade?

A: 2 things that are not mutually exclusive.

HTH

you gotta allow people to make errors in judgement.

I only concern myself with the deal if it looks like they are either trying to get around the rules, or if it was some form of collusion.

If the trade was Brees for Jay Ajayi The deal should be vetoed. but this deal, while a bit of an overpay, is within the realm of what I consider 'Generally fair'.

No veto is warranted. the trade should be reinstated.

Translation: I think i will join a league in which trades can be vetoed.

If my side wins a vote, I will abide by the rules I agreed to. If my side does not win a vote, I will refuse to abide by the rules I agreed to and my reasoning will be that anyone that doesn't agree with me is probably dishonest.

Translation: I think i will join a league in which trades can be vetoed.

If my side wins a vote, I will abide by the rules I agreed to. If my side does not win a vote, I will refuse to abide by the rules I agreed to and my reasoning will be that anyone that doesn't agree with me is probably dishonest.

This guy gets it. What a surprise, he also has 6000+ posts. :thumbsup:

For someone with a name like "Ray_T", you don't appear to be very smart in terms of what is a fair trade. That much is clear. If you don't understand why that trade had to be vetoed, then I don't know what to tell ya.

Maybe start by asking yourself why you are so pisssed that the trade didn't go through?

like I said... idiots.

All players in a league deserve a vote since they paid there money and not just a select few. If it was Eli for Brees I could live with, but adding Lacy onto Eli is stupid at this point in the year. I would be in your grill over it you worm.

OK... I think this one means "I have the right to tell other people how to run their teams because I paid my entry fee".

Oh, brother!

OK... I think this one means "I have the right to tell other people how to run their teams because I paid my entry fee".

Oh, brother!

That's just it, everyone pays a fee. Good luck if you think just because your commissioner you can do whatever you choose. There is lot of games to be played , and if you cant see the value of a Eddie Lacy added with Eli for Brees with RBs of his caliber being at a premium then you should stick to your free leagues. I have no problem with you doing a high five at the end of a year for winning, but its not a fair trade, and to evaluate players after 3 weeks is silly..Im okay with some a bit loppy, who am I to judge, but good gawd this isn't even close. I just gave my 2 cents on the point if its a fair trade part of it, how you run your leagues is your business.

Drew Brees probably in alot of leagues was drafted around round 6

Eli manning despite the chatter about Sterling Shepherd and Cruz ill put round 7

Eddie Lacy round 4 and I bet with what was left at RB people felt relieved to get him.

Essentially a lot here arguing its a fair trade for a round 4 and 7 for a 6th rounder.

one might argue that post count is inversely proportional to intelligence on this board...

Lucky you in honor of having over 1800 posts , you just won another 1800 for useless dribble.

That's just it, everyone pays a fee. Good luck if you think just because your commissioner you can do whatever you choose.

Maybe they're trying to have their league mimic the real-life nfl.

Drew Brees probably in alot of leagues was drafted around round 6

Eli manning despite the chatter about Sterling Shepherd and Cruz ill put round 7

Eddie Lacy round 4 and I bet with what was left at RB people felt relieved to get him.

Essentially a lot here arguing its a fair trade for a round 4 and 7 for a 6th rounder.

Sammy Watkins was a third rounder so I wouldn't trade him for Drew Brees, a mere sixth rounder :thumbsup:

You all are still ranking people by where they were drafted?

That was like 4 weeks ago.

Totally different now.