Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Ty Montgomery?

Yea he sure did a good job in putting up some points.

Congrats to those that started him.

Jackson dinged and not sure Davis 9d a 20 carry back.

I think they keep using Ty in this role.

agree very much here...i think davis and jackson are bodies...theyll be used when mccarthy feels like uselessly pounding someone if they ever have a lead..take a series here or there.....but i think montgomery stays in this role as long as he doesnt start fumbling....hes only going to get more comfortable carrying the ball out of the backfield

24.85 for my team. pretty cool to watch a number 88 rushing the ball too. picked him up mainly just for this week, but looks like might have some good value moving forward

So are we riding the T-Monty train for a while?

Doesn't look like they have anyone to take the job away at least for a couple weeks.

I will roll at least one more and see where we go.

Defenses have to keep an eye on him and then receivers start getting open...

I figure Ty is running and catching for a while... right... unless he starts fumbling... but he seems to be conscious of protecting the ball.

It does get interesting where to use him if they don't allow you to put him in as a RB.

Picked him up for the block, intention was to drop him for dion lewis after the game. May have a keeper here...

It's going to be interesting to see how he holds up.

So are we riding the T-Monty train for a while?

Doesn't look like they have anyone to take the job away at least for a couple weeks.

I will roll at least one more and see where we go.

Defenses have to keep an eye on him and then receivers start getting open...

I figure Ty is running and catching for a while... right... unless he starts fumbling... but he seems to be conscious of protecting the ball.

It does get interesting where to use him if they don't allow you to put him in as a RB.

He was also running hard last night, that's a big factor. Several plays where he was pushing the pile a couple of yards...which is a couple more than Starks ever did. Arm tackles weren't quite doing it. That, plus his usage on 4th and 1 at the goalline, are making me hold for now with optimism.

• Like 1

It's going to be interesting to see how he holds up.

Hopefully will start wearing some bigger shoulder pads if they're going to have him running into the line.

What an ugly situation for Lacy owners after things were looking so bright last week with Starks out for a while.

Starks is still owned in my league. I was able to pick up Montgomery and Don Jackson yesterday as soon as I heard about Eddie going on IR. Montgomery seems very interesting going forward. Kniles Davis is a stiff. Who knows what happens when Starks comes back.

CBS lists him as a WR. I have to say it is incredible to be able to play a RB in your wr3 slot! I pray he keeps that role for at least 2 more weeks to get me thru my wk8 and 9 bye week hell. If he were to somehow hold this RB role all year it would be pure gold. Gold Jerry, GOLD!!

• Like 1

CBS lists him as a WR. I have to say it is incredible to be able to play a RB in your wr3 slot! I pray he keeps that role for at least 2 more weeks to get me thru my wk8 and 9 bye week hell. If he were to somehow hold this RB role all year it would be pure gold. Gold Jerry, GOLD!!

This is why he was a must add for me off the waiver wire this week. The ability to play a RB in your WR3 role is almost like a cheat code when it comes to FF. I remember doing the same for a nice little run when Denard Robinson was the starting RB for the Jags and had the RB/WR designation. I think he faired well and brought a new element to the offense that's been lacking. Now instead of two games with very short prep, he actually has a decent amount of time to get ready for his new role that I hope sticks. Hopefully McCarthy is looking at what the Pats have done for years with the likes of Faulk, Vereen Dion Lewis and now James White. McCarthy could look within his own division and see a similar weapon in Theo Riddick. Ty Montgomery could be that same type of weapon.

Didn't get a chance to watch the game last night and just watched the NFL.com highlights a couple of times. Ty looked NICE. He was getting up to speed quick, making guys miss, and lowering his shoulder. He has thick legs. Bigger than some of the 3rd down backs mentioned above.

If he continues to stay healthy and handle the work he gives GB a real scheme advantage. They can go 4 wide with Janis, Adams, Cobb and Nelson but still be 5 wide with Montgomery lining up all over the field. That causes major defensive issues because they have to stay in a nickel or dime package. Few LBs can cover him out of the backfield. GB gets a nickel or time package Ty is good on the draw plays.

Fantasy sites are notoriously slow to change designations.

Maybe it's a once a season thing they look at.

Yahoo will have him as a WR all year.

New England almost started Edelman at QB, imagine how many leagues would of been upset. I dealt with Kordell Stewart listed as a RB playing QB before sites handled things.

This is why he was a must add for me off the waiver wire this week. The ability to play a RB in your WR3 role is almost like a cheat code when it comes to FF. I remember doing the same for a nice little run when Denard Robinson was the starting RB for the Jags and had the RB/WR designation. I think he faired well and brought a new element to the offense that's been lacking. Now instead of two games with very short prep, he actually has a decent amount of time to get ready for his new role that I hope sticks. Hopefully McCarthy is looking at what the Pats have done for years with the likes of Faulk, Vereen Dion Lewis and now James White. McCarthy could look within his own division and see a similar weapon in Theo Riddick. Ty Montgomery could be that same type of weapon.

ive been saying this...hes like randall cobb/theo riddick/2014 lance dunbar all rolled into one! im loving the fantasy ppr potential of this guy going forward...and he was in my lineup thursday night

IMO, the classification use should be what the NFL has him listed as

If the NFL lists both, then it is up to what the website can do (coding wise).

If that site cannot accommodate for it, or if it leaves it up to a league. League hasn't addressed it.

I think he has to remain a WR.

I'm hoping he is there on Tuesday to pick up. Love it if I could start him as a RB.

We will have to see.

IMO, the classification use should be what the NFL has him listed as

If the NFL lists both, then it is up to what the website can do (coding wise).

If that site cannot accommodate for it, or if it leaves it up to a league. League hasn't addressed it.

I think he has to remain a WR.

I'm hoping he is there on Tuesday to pick up. Love it if I could start him as a RB.

We will have to see.

I really only have experience with CBS, but I don't see them changing his position eligibility. I'm happy to start him as my WR4 (10 man league, so we start 4WR) and have him get a bunch of carries as a RB.

Of course 'dual eligibility' would be nice, but again...I doubt they change him from a WR.

ESPN just sent alert that Ty Montgomery is granted RB eligibility for the rest of the season.

I read that 3 days ago when it came out. It's encouraging, but I'd like to see something more RECENT from Rotoworld etc.. stating something like ... "GB plans to keep using Montgomery in the same roll for the foreseeable future"... Once I read that it will be "jizz, meet pants" time.

I read that 3 days ago when it came out. It's encouraging, but I'd like to see something more RECENT from Rotoworld etc.. stating something like ... "GB plans to keep using Montgomery in the same roll for the foreseeable future"... Once I read that it will be "jizz, meet pants" time.

i read it 3 days ago as well...and posted in on a couple of other boards where i post...just didnt bring it over here till today....and i dont need a quote from coach on rotoworld to tell me anything.......coach speak and quotes are often a bunch of garbage

Pants, get ready...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10413/ty-montgomery

While my league mates were scrambling to pick up Davis and Jackson I put in a low bid for Ty and won. Not sure how he went under their radar but I'll take it. Started him in flex (PPR) and cashed in 23 points.

How can the Packers not keep him involved? He was the most dynamic player on the field and looks like he can protect Rodgers, pound the rock AND make grabs. Lacy who?

While my league mates were scrambling to pick up Davis and Jackson I put in a low bid for Ty and won. Not sure how he went under their radar but I'll take it. Started him in flex (PPR) and cashed in 23 points.

How can the Packers not keep him involved? He was the most dynamic player on the field and looks like he can protect Rodgers, pound the rock AND make grabs. Lacy who?

yeah.....everyone was going gaga over hunter henry(including my opponent this week....he spent ridiculous on henry and i whooped him this week...keep in mind he has olsen and is prob rarely, if ever, gonna start henry again)....and i put a bid on Ty that was less than half what he spent on henry...lol.....there was little interest in him....there was only one other bid

I just hope Yahoo keeps him with a WR des, even if they add RB des.

And is there any way we can merge these two TyMont threads? This is getting silly.

• Like 1

I am reading that people think it's an advantage to have a WR getting rushing stats. But considering how much deeper WR is than RB, isn't his greatest value for an owner as a RB in a PPR league? I suppose it doesn't matter, just curious about the mindset

I am reading that people think it's an advantage to have a WR getting rushing stats. But considering how much deeper WR is than RB, isn't his greatest value for an owner as a RB in a PPR league? I suppose it doesn't matter, just curious about the mindset

Depends on your team. Two weeks ago, he's in an RB slot. Right now, I need him as a WR because of byes (and Hopkins facing Denver tonight). If things stay like this in two more weeks, he'll probably be at RB for me, as I'm generally deeper at WR, as you indicate.

I think the general thinking is that WRs don't have the guaranteed volume a starting RB has. But you're right, it will vary.