Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Market value for Booker?

Does anyone currently have a good idea of what the market would be for a guy like Booker now?

With CJ out of the way, I'm guessing Mid range RB2?

Are you buying or selling? I would not be selling especially right now. The broncos HAVE to run the ball and the kid is good. They could very well give him 20 carries which is rb1

Until we get definitive word on CJ, I have no idea where to value him......except to agree with the above post, that it is at an all-time high right now.

His schedule the next three weeks is $$$$$. I think I remember reading somewhere the Broncos have the easiest schedule against the run ROS. In Kubiak's system he's a weekly top 10 play at RB.

Are you buying or selling? I would not be selling especially right now. The broncos HAVE to run the ball and the kid is good. They could very well give him 20 carries which is rb1

Buying of course.

Rb1

Immediately without even questioning it.

I could see that in redraft. but in keeper as well? I'm not so sure about THAT.

Even more so in a keeper league.

He's clearly talented and should finish top 10. But the Broncos backfield burned me bad last year and I can't see starting him over the other 4 guys I have ahead of him.

Just traded him and Barnidge to the CJ owner for J Reed, Brate and Denver D

My new team (10 team PPR league) is currently in 1st place at 5-2 and # 1 in points.

Dak, T Taylor start 1

Zeke, D Murray, Gordon, Ware, Morris start 3

Hilton, Cobb, ARob, Jeffery start 2

Reed, Brate start 1

Janikowski

Broncos Bengals

He's clearly talented and should finish top 10. But the Broncos backfield burned me bad last year and I can't see starting him over the other 4 guys I have ahead of him.

My new team (10 team PPR league) is currently in 1st place at 5-2 and # 1 in points.

Dak, T Taylor start 1

Reed, Brate start 1

Janikowski

Broncos Bengals

You could have done much better than that.

You could have done much better than that.

I initially thought so too. I was after Julio, AJ, Brady, or Brees but those owners weren't willing to deal.

I got a Top 3 TE and top 3 Def in return for a RB1 who (barring injury) would be on my bench every week.

I initially thought so too. I was after Julio, AJ, Brady, or Brees but those owners weren't willing to deal.

I got a Top 3 TE and top 3 Def in return for a RB1 who (barring injury) would be on my bench every week.

Um so start offering guys who own Evans, Cooper, Cooks etc.

Rb who can finish top 5-ish in a given week are a precious jewel. And you're always a couple rolled ankles away from being low on rbs. I tend to not move any high end rbs ever unless there's a story, concern, clear wart, something. Either that or I get a haul, but I tend to be be stuck in leagues where folks only really want to trade with you when you have a bad record.

Hmmmm. I've been offered Montgomery for him in a league where Ty is a WR. I'm a little thin at that position and do have Miller, Ware, Ajayi and the almost useless Gurley. Standard scoring.

Hmmmm. I've been offered Montgomery for him in a league where Ty is a WR. I'm a little thin at that position and do have Miller, Ware, Ajayi and the almost useless Gurley. Standard scoring.

You can do better.

Booker is now a gold chip... Top 10 overall RB1 value.

I would expect a top 10 WR in return which is where T-Monty is TODAY. Thing is T-Monty could definitely change volume quickly with other GB RBs coming to speed.

I agree that you can do better since Ty value may steadily decrease whereas Booker is RB1 till he breaks.

Dak, T Taylor start 1

Reed, Brate start 1

Janikowski

Broncos Bengals

This is a joke right? I mean seriously.

• Like 1

This is a joke right? I mean seriously.

Nope. I knew you'd all p!ss on it, and you may be right.

But based my ROS projections I now have the #4 QB, 4 of the top 7 RBs, the #2 or 3 TE, and the # 2 Def (D is an important position for my league's scoring)

Now working on a deal to send Ware and Jeffery for AJ and D Henry or ODB and D Henry.

I guess most of you rate Booker higher than guys like Ingram, Ajayi, Hyde, and Ryan Mathews.

I own three of these guys and the other I'm being offered in a trade. Hmmmm

But based my ROS projections I now have the #4 QB, 4 of the top 7 RBs, the #2 or 3 TE, and the # 2 Def (D is an important position for my league's scoring)

Now working on a deal to send Ware and Jeffery for AJ and D Henry or ODB and D Henry.

No issue with trading him but I think you could had gotten more. He's the talk of town now. I think his ceiling is very very high.

Since you are defending it I am assuming you are not joking. It's fine that you did a deal and who knows, after this Sunday bookers value could plummet. I don't think it will but it is possible.

The problem is you sold a guy that for now is perceived as a top 10 RB and got very little in return. Plus your biggest weakness is your WRs and you didn't even address that.

Question, what kind of scoring do you have that either Tyrod or Dak are the #4 QB? They are 15 and 19 in mine.

I guess most of you rate Booker higher than guys like Ingram, Ajayi, Hyde, and Ryan Mathews.

I own three of these guys and the other I'm being offered in a trade. Hmmmm

Definitely higher than all of them except for Ajayi, you have to give it to him until the wheels fall off.

Dak, T Taylor start 1

Reed, Brate start 1

Janikowski

Broncos Bengals

:doh:

:doh:

I understand the doubt, but you have to know the big picture and overall strategy.

This week alone, my projected team total score increased from 129 to 144. That's 18 points higher than any other team in the league.

An increase of 15 points equates to having an extra RB in the lineup.

For example, I project Booker at 17 pts this week. Same as Ware, less than Murray or Zeke, and more than Gordon. So, Gordon sits, Murray already hit 21, and Zeke and Ware are proven commodities, so they start. Booker is the odd man out, and whatever he scores does me no good on the bench .

A top tier D is imperative to win this league, and now I have one.

I wanted to get a top tier receiver in this deal, but wasn't able to get either of the guys I wanted, so I end up with a top tier TE and D instead.

Still trying to deal Ware and ARob or Jeffery for Julio or AJ and Henry. Landing one of them would increase my average weekly projected score by another 5-7 points. That's basically the spread between Cobb and Julio.

That would leave me with 3 of the top 7 RBs, 2 of their handcuffs and 2 of the top 5 WRs.

On paper, that team would be unstoppable.

Either way, it's a gamble. Any or all players listed above could get injured, arrested or fall off a cliff tomorrow, changing the outlook drastically.

If/when that happens, I'll regroup. Until then, I'm trying to make moves that net the highest scoring starting lineup each week.

I understand the doubt, but you have to know the big picture and overall strategy.

This week alone, my projected team total score increased from 129 to 144. That's 18 points higher than any other team in the league.

An increase of 15 points equates to having an extra RB in the lineup.

For example, I project Booker at 17 pts this week. Same as Ware, less than Murray or Zeke, and more than Gordon. So, Gordon sits, Murray already hit 21, and Zeke and Ware are proven commodities, so they start. Booker is the odd man out, and whatever he scores does me no good on the bench .

A top tier D is imperative to win this league, and now I have one.

I wanted to get a top tier receiver in this deal, but wasn't able to get either of the guys I wanted, so I end up with a top tier TE and D instead.

Still trying to deal Ware and ARob or Jeffery for Julio or AJ and Henry. Landing one of them would increase my average weekly projected score by another 5-7 points. That's basically the spread between Cobb and Julio.

That would leave me with 3 of the top 7 RBs, 2 of their handcuffs and 2 of the top 5 WRs.

On paper, that team would be unstoppable.

Either way, it's a gamble. Any or all players listed above could get injured, arrested or fall off a cliff tomorrow, changing the outlook drastically.

If/when that happens, I'll regroup. Until then, I'm trying to make moves that net the highest scoring starting lineup each week.

You're correct, of course. There are a lot of trades which are technically bigger gains for your trading partner, but are still worth doing.

The other metric here is the need to consider that you're also making someone else's team stronger as well, which eats a bit into the benefit you cite of increasing your potential scoring by 15 points.

You're correct, of course. There are a lot of trades which are technically bigger gains for your trading partner, but are still worth doing.

The other metric here is the need to consider that you're also making someone else's team stronger as well, which eats a bit into the benefit you cite of increasing your potential scoring by 15 points.

Yep.

His net gain in projected points this week with Booker in his lineup, losing Denver D, and Reed is +7. Good for him, better for me.

Also, his team is sitting at 2-5. One more loss likely leaves him out of the playoffs, which is the final goal. Gotta get to the playoffs, and ideally get that first round bye.

As of now, I'm still the front runner, but anything could happen.

I also picked up Char West as a backup to Ware, as I'm betting Charles won't amount to much this season.

Yep.

His net gain in projected points this week with Booker in his lineup, losing Denver D, and Reed is +7. Good for him, better for me.

Also, his team is sitting at 2-5. One more loss likely leaves him out of the playoffs, which is the final goal. Gotta get to the playoffs, and ideally get that first round bye.

As of now, I'm still the front runner, but anything could happen.

I also picked up Char West as a backup to Ware, as I'm betting Charles won't amount to much this season.

Basing things on just this week's projections doesn't make sense if you ultimate goal is to win the championship.

What people are saying is you gave up a highly valued commodity for next to nothing. I agree what you got makes you better. But I would have liked your team better if you had booker as the backup if ware goes down then char west. Of course if you would have gotten decent value for Booker then the drop off at RB is worth it.

Basing things on just this week's projections doesn't make sense if you ultimate goal is to win the championship.

What people are saying is you gave up a highly valued commodity for next to nothing. I agree what you got makes you better. But I would have liked your team better if you had booker as the backup if ware goes down then char west. Of course if you would have gotten decent value for Booker then the drop off at RB is worth it.

I understand what people are saying and why they're saying it. I just disagree based on the true impact the trade has on my team in this league.

In other leagues I play in, top tier DST's aren't quite as important.

And, I didn't base the decision only on 1 week. I used this week's projections to illustrate the difference it makes to both teams immediately. The entire scenario could change after tomorrow's games due to injury or other unforeseen factors.

But, barring a major injury, my team should average a similar increase in productivity every week. And so should his.

As for what I got in return, let's say this move makes my team 12-15 pts better on a weekly basis

Would my team be 12-15 pts better every week if I'd landed Julio straight up for Booker? Julio would have to average 12-15 pts per week more than Cobb.

That's possible I guess, but no more likely than Denver DST and Reed scoring 12-15 more than the Bengals and Barnidge.

Lottery ticket RBs are great to have. Hell, I drafted Gordon, Murray and Ware in the middle and later rounds and they're all working out well so far.

But the weeks I've lost have not been due to poor RB or WR production. I lost those games due to little or negative DST points and single digit numbers from the right end slot.