Sign in to follow this  
Huh?

What do you think Gurley could fetch at this point?

I'm 3-4 and still in the running, but it has been pretty disappointing. I'm thinking about putting Gurley out there, now that I can play Booker with CJ out. Gurley has been disappointing relative to his draft position, but he still puts up at least double digit points most weeks. I can't bench him, but I can try to trade him. I don't necessarily have any total suckers in my league, so it's not like I'm going to get top value for him, but if I can get a good WR to put with TY and keep Michael Thomas in flex, that would seem to be a nice improvement that would take the Gurley rock off my back. The problem is it will leave me with no good backup for Ingram and Booker.

Gurley was my number one pick. I ended up trading him for Arob a few weeks in. I would not offer you anything for him. The rams are going to to do the same thing the vikes have done. Draft an excellent rb and then saddle him with a succession of shittty qbs that cause him to face 8 man fronts every single time he runs.

Keep him. He will get a bit better as the defense improves and he has a few matchups. Sure, he might not end up being magical and grand. But you're likely not gong to get any obvious goodness coming your way, so going down with the ship is the best way.

The Rams O line sucks. They're at the bottom of creating yards before contact. Maybe they fixed that somewhat over the bye. Probably not considering Gurley's production has cratered for about the last 16 games going back to last year.

I don't think a trade is a bad idea. Bye this week...CAR next week, then the Jets. That's a pretty bleak month.

Start putting together some offers and see if someone buys into his potential.

Don't see his vaule being high , but with that said , doesn't mean you can't sale him of for a good Wr.

I'm sure someone will buy.

Everyone needs Rbs.

I think trading him for a Wr like Robinson is to low.

Plus you can drop Foster now he's retired.

You received J Jones for Gurley ?

• Like 1

You received J Jones for Gurley ?

Yes. An owner in my league tried an extreme 0-rb strategy and ended up without a competent running back. I sold him on Gurley being a sleeping giant and we made the deal.

Yes. An owner in my league tried an extreme 0-rb strategy and ended up without a competent running back. I sold him on Gurley being a sleeping giant

There is no legit reason why julio would be traded Gurley this far into the season. Not even if the dude had 0 running backs. There is always something on the wire. Congrats to you but I would not have allowed this in my league. While it is not collusion(I assume) it effects the competitive balance of the league.

There is no legit reason why julio would be traded Gurley this far into the season. Not even if the dude had 0 running backs. There is always something on the wire. Congrats to you but I would not have allowed this in my league. While it is not collusion(I assume) it effects the competitive balance of the league.

He said a few weeks ago.

A few weeks ago Julio was a bit gimpy still coming off a bad game. It was perfectly reasonable for a guy to be sold on a Gurley resurgence being ok for an up and down Julio at the time. In fact, this last week is the only time all year he had put together back to back good games. Check the game log it was meh/good/bad/good/bad.

You monitor trades for what you determine to be good or bad deals? Not being a jerk here, not salty. But do owners have to provide you with some kind of excuse or argument when they submit a trade?

I veto for collusion only. And if someone makes bad deals that affect the entire league, I just don't ask them back next year.

• Like 1

I can't give him away. We are stuck with this bum, I've finally gotten a chance to watch him. For the love of god please people stop invoking the comparisons to Peterson. They are nowhere near the same league. Gurly doesn't even look much better than Trent Richardson. I realize his O line blows but the great ones break contain at least once in a while on those stacked fronts and take it to the house. This guy hasn't done .

And I want to punch myself in the nuts for the two times I passed over Johsnon for this stiff.

Congrats on the trade Gurley for Jones.

You monitor trades for what you determine to be good or bad deals? Not being a jerk here, not salty. But do owners have to provide you with some kind of excuse or argument when they submit a trade?

I veto for collusion only. And if someone makes bad deals that affect the entire league, I just don't ask them back next year.

I agree. Trade policing is ridiculous -- I don't know why people feel the need to veto a trade if they feel one team (particularly one with a winning record) gets slightly better. Trade value is subjective and vetoes should be reserved for collusion.

Gurley was traded in my superflex league for matt ryan and jordam mattews, his value is even lower now.

Gurley was traded in my superflex league for matt ryan and jordam mattews, his value is even lower now.

That's a great hall if Gurley stays dormant. But remember he did what he did mostly in the last 10 games last year. I still think he could do it again.

A few weeks ago Julio was a bit gimpy still coming off a bad game. It was perfectly reasonable for a guy to be sold on a Gurley resurgence being ok for an up and down Julio at the time. In fact, this last week is the only time all year he had put together back to back good games. Check the game log it was meh/good/bad/good/bad.

Yet another clunker for Julio in a great matchup. Jus sayin, theres reason to want to move him.

I might be benching Gurley this week. I have Booker, CMike, and Ajayi and all are almost harder to bench in my eyes than Gurley. Maybe CMike but still, he at least gets scores and breaks runs. Crazy that it's even a consideration with his value and supposed greatness.

I think the value of Gurley depends largely on what type of league we are talking about.

in redraft, his value isnt huge. He's a starter for sure, likely a low end RB1. In a dynasty or Keeper league, he still holds huge value.

There is a huge upside, but the Rams really need a QB that will cause defenses to fear what will happen if those Defenses stack the box, and Keenum isnt that guy. I suspect Goff will get to start later in the year in an attempt to see where he is at developmentally but I really think huge numbers for Gurley are a year away(maybe two).

I figure Keenum will get at least 2-3 more starts. This way if they dont make the playoffs, nobody will blame Goff. (less pressure for the kid)

That being said, the Rams O line hasnt been great either. What we need is for the team to draft an O lineman and a WR in the draft, and maybe sign another O lineman. This should be enough to make a real difference next season.

But this wont mean anything if you own Gurley in a redraft league.

• Like 1

Gurley, C-Mike, Booker and Gordon. I am benching C-Mike now as I have concerns with the Hawks offence and the return of their scat back (Proise? )

In PPR gurley has actually been fairly consistent over the past weeks, no break out game though. To me i'd prefer the consistent week to week player, and hope once playoffs come around he breaks out.

You won't get anywhere near the value you drafted him for, but he is easily a high end RB2low end RB1 in PPR.

SF & Atlanta weeks 14 & 16. If you have enough quality to plug something good in Week 15 when he gets SEA.. He's not a bad buy I think.

I may be nuts but i'm tempted to work a deal sending Brady away for a small package around Gurley.. IF I can pry Rivers off of another owner. I also love Rivers playoff schedule. I'd then just roll with a Rivers/Dak combo. That would give me rock solid RBs and 2 good WRs.. Might be worth the possible step down from Tommy Boy, who does tend to be much more mortal as the Winter games roll in.

My main apprehension is that i've been burned by Rivers dying down the stretch too many times.. but that was usually a result of massive SD injuries.

Sorry.. Off topic. :dunno:

Yet another clunker for Julio in a great matchup. Jus sayin, theres reason to want to move him.

People think Julio is the best WR for fantasy since Jerry Rice.

Nice post Ray T. I was just gonna ask. What was his dynasty value?

Last week I offered Thomas Rawls, Tyrell Williams and 2017 first rounder (looks to be in the 4 to 6 range in a 12 teamer as of right now). The owner said no f'n way. I wasn't sure it would get the job done, but I figured it would at least get talks going. But no dice.

Nice post Ray T. I was just gonna ask. What was his dynasty value?

Last week I offered Thomas Rawls, Tyrell Williams and 2017 first rounder (looks to be in the 4 to 6 range in a 12 teamer as of right now). The owner said no f'n way. I wasn't sure it would get the job done, but I figured it would at least get talks going. But no dice.

You have to keep in mind, that some people fall in love with the players on their teams.

This especially seems to be true of players that were largely hyped. (Megatron, Brady, Gurley, Zeke) and there are some people who own these players that you could offer 2x market value and they wont budge.

If you are high in the standings, I can see why he wouldnt accept the offer.

that being said, It's a reasonable starting point for negotiations (assuming he is open to making a deal)

from the sound of it, I'd say he just has no interest in Trading Gurley. You may be able to offer him 2 years of first round picks and an extra player and he may still tell you to pound sand.

Just my 2 cents worth.