Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Watkins projections for week 13

I have seen a wide range of projections for Sammy this week. Due to injuries, I may have to go with him over J Matthews and Tyrell Williams. If these 2 don't play my only other option is S Smith.

Homers, what are your projections for Sammy against the Raiders.

Anywhere from zero to 150 yards +2TD. The problem is that you have no way of knowing; he may be the most volatile player in fantasy this week.

I'm going to say 8-100 +35yd TD.

Starting him in a league where I need to win by 50 to win the division. Hoping he blows up, since we know he is capable of doing so.

As we all know, he can also come up lame after one play and we all get a goose egg.

I would go with Ty .

I can start Kelvin Benjamin, Sammy Watkins, or DeVante Parker as my WR4. They are ALL hurt. Planning to go with K.Benjamin I guess. Parker likely won't even play. I also have AJ Green!

Anywhere from zero to 150 yards +2TD. The problem is that you have no way of knowing; he may be the most volatile player in fantasy this week.

I'm going to say 8-100 +35yd TD.

This is the sad but truth with Sammy.

I'd rather start a super boring rb over him. If it's other WRs with stories, I could see myself rolling with him. I have him sitting in the league where I drafted, dropped, then picked back up a month ago. Instead, I'm rolling with Creef, Dixon, and Smallwood.

I'm also scurred about Tyrell this week. But that's a different thread!

I am rolling the dice and playing Sammy as my flex over Kenny Britt, but don't feel good about it.

The thought of Sean Smith and David Amerson manned up against Watkins is too tempting. I will say 6 catches, 95 yards and a touchdown.

Kenny Britt has been coming up with stuff and I'm expecting that the pats haven't exactly been shutting folks down. But if you believe in the Sammy, go ahead.

I'm reserving the right to view Sammy while he's on my bench and moving into the playoffs next week with a stronger impression one way or another. I hope he ends up staying healthy and paying off for us.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know. Tavon Austin is out meaning even more targets for Britt at garbage time. Woods is out for Buffalo, so Taylor has to throw to someone. And that someone wears #14.

Yeah, I know. Tavon Austin is out meaning even more targets for Britt at garbage time. Woods is out for Buffalo, so Taylor has to throw to someone. And that someone wears #14.

The Pats are back to being a totally weird beast to predict around. This could be a 50 - 13 beatdown. Or it could be a sneaky dogfight where the Pats eventually pull away cuz they are better in all the ways. But they are alarmingly unhealthy on offense. Tom looked ROUGH physically last week.

Kenny Britt has been coming up with stuff

I think that I like this even more than schedules with things on them. :doublethumbsup:

As much as I would like to insert SAMMY into my lineup, who would I play him over?

Cooper- has been frustrating now that he is number two

Baldwin- few targets for him too

MThomas- cry baby Cooks will probably get 20 targets

In 2 must win games and currently have him on both benches.. Not sure how I feel about this. I also have Tyrell Wiliiams in both and have him in over Sammy (both late starts.. so if I roll with one.. the other is his caddy, so to speak). San Diego needs a win as much as anybody.. and so do the Bills and their receiver corp is more depleted. Both good matchups in terms of opposition.

If the Bills O Coordinator didn't shade him with injury talk i'd find a way to get him in there. Also concerned that the bulk of his production came on a bomb last week. I am very torn though.. this game has shootout potential.. and Buffalo needs pass catchers to step up in the worst way. His track record with this foot (not a good one), is likely what has me super hesitant.

How are you guys leaning?

As much as I would like to insert SAMMY into my lineup, who would I play him over?

Cooper- has been frustrating now that he is number two

Baldwin- few targets for him too

MThomas- cry baby Cooks will probably get 20 targets

I'd start Cooper and Baldwin. Both their opponents aren't great against the pass.

I'd go Sammy over Thomas for sure.

In 2 must win games and currently have him on both benches.. Not sure how I feel about this. I also have Tyrell Wiliiams in both and have him in over Sammy (both late starts.. so if I roll with one.. the other is his caddy, so to speak). San Diego needs a win as much as anybody.. and so do the Bills and their receiver corp is more depleted. Both good matchups in terms of opposition.

If the Bills O Coordinator didn't shade him with injury talk i'd find a way to get him in there. Also concerned that the bulk of his production came on a bomb last week. I am very torn though.. this game has shootout potential.. and Buffalo needs pass catchers to step up in the worst way. His track record with this foot (not a good one), is likely what has me super hesitant.

How are you guys leaning?

Isn't Williams hurt too? I'd go Sammy with both guys wounded. Though I'm not buying the Sammy injury talk. If he was really damaged they wouldn't play him.

I'd start Cooper and Baldwin. Both their opponents aren't great against the pass.

I'd go Sammy over Thomas for sure.

Thomas has been crushing it.. why would you play a risky venture in Sammy over a hot Saints receiver.. versus Detroit nonetheless. Just the Bills necessity? Even if the Lions are improved v the pass.. this game could be a shootout.

Thomas has been crushing it.. why would you play a risky venture in Sammy over a hot Saints receiver.. versus Detroit nonetheless. Just the Bills necessity? Even if the Lions are improved v the pass.. this game could be a shootout.

Because of so many targets for Brees

The other TE may even get a score.

Would you all go Sammy over Moncrief or over Gurley? Trying to decide if i should go wr or rb at flex.

If he were healthy absolutely, but with SAMMY, it is a gamble. He might not make it past the first play. He is a China doll you know. So the answer depends on this- are you a risk taker or do you prefer to play it safe? Girley safe with little upside; SAMMY risky with high upside. Your call bro.

FYI, If it's me, I'm a risk taker so I would go SAMMY.

Indeed. The idea of benching Thomas is silly.

Folks think Cooks is going to get all the targets now just because he whined. I don't think it works that way. If anything I'd be worried about the coaching staff cutting his snaps to send a message.

Bottom line is it's all speculation and in that case you continue to ride the hot hand until proven wrong

As for Sammy, he's on my bench but primarily due to the (hopeful) strength of my starting lineup.

I'm wary of him with missing practice and limited snaps. But he's trying to get back into game shape so theoretically each week should be better than the last.

I don't buy what his OC was saying about playing on a broken foot. How/why would he be playing if that were true? Seems to me like games they are playing with Oakland leading up to a must-win game.

I'm nearly talking myself into putting him in my lineup but like I said, my other options are so good this week.

Picked up Mitchell this morning to use along with Cooper as my starters so that I could move Moncfrief (who plays Monday night) to flex while waiting to see 1) how my must win game is going through the 1PM games and 2) making sure Sammy is going to play. If he is and I need to make up some points I might roll the dice but for now I am playing it safe this week with Moncrief over Watkins.

• Like 1

Considering I have terrible matchups and he has cake walks, I probably need to go for it with Sammy.

I like your thinking here, mate. Be bold!!!!!!!

Well.. gut check time for me with Watkins. Currently playing Tevin Coleman over him at a Flex.. Guy has a knack for TDs and I just visualize ATL attacking the KC defense on the edges.. this one i'm on the fence about. Am I just dopey for this?

Other one i'm also a bit shaky on.. Tyrell Williams over Sammy in the late start.. with Sammy as emergency fill-in if we hear anything off putting about Williams before the late games start.

Thanks for any and all comments.. and sorry for the blatant lineup query.

Well.. gut check time for me with Watkins. Currently playing Tevin Coleman over him at a Flex.. Guy has a knack for TDs and I just visualize ATL attacking the KC defense on the edges.. this one i'm on the fence about. Am I just dopey for this?

Other one i'm also a bit shaky on.. Tyrell Williams over Sammy in the late start.. with Sammy as emergency fill-in if we hear anything off putting about Williams before the late games start.

Thanks for any and all comments.. and sorry for the blatant lineup query.

I own the same three as you do. I believe they all are good to go and you should not go wrong with any of them. The only thing that can go wrong with SAMMY is that he comes up lame after a few plays and doesn't come back. That is always possible with him as you know he is made of China.

True true.. and thanks for the comments. While I feel that the Bills could try to grind it out and shorten the game (Shady is a great start obviously).. I could see Watkins just being flat out more needed than a shoulder dinged Williams.

Bills have pretty much 2-3 guys available to catch passes in their entire team.

I did it. Sitting Edelman and Williams for Watkins until I change my mind again. F their OC.