Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Tom Brady vs Broncos next week?

I've no thoughts on next week's match-ups yet, sorry.

Still reeling from the ones this week. :ninja:

Never thought I'd say this but go donks :mellow:

Probably benching him for cam, but I've been pretty consistently picking the wrong one for the last month of so. Luckily still managed to get a bye this week in spite of myself.

1 at the end of the afc championship at denver last year to gronk on last play of regulation

Went back regular season only... The last three he did score at least 3 TDs. Denver was only number one against the pass one of those years though... So not really sure how valuable this fact really is.

I have Brady and Eli too.

It's as bad a matchup as it gets. Only because the Broncos can be run on and I can see the Patriots just running all day. It's unlikely to be a SHOOTOUT because the Denver offense is awful. I trust Brady but fear for the gameplan. They may run all day.

Hard to bench Brady.

But if you own Eli also and he truly has the better matchup .

I would pick Eli.

I'm rolling with Brady again but my other option is Flacco.

Although Flacco has been playing very well of late. However, Eagles aren't a very good matchup either.

Hard to bench Brady.

But if you own Eli also and he truly has the better matchup .

I would pick Eli.

Eli? Over Brady?

Bahahahaha!!! This has revenge game written all over it, I think Brady goes OFF and I am starting him with confidence in the finals of one league and the semis is another. This Denver defense ain't what it used to be.

Giants v Lions is gonna be a snooze-fest.

I almost posted yesterday that if I was playing next week, I would start Brady, because the only way I would be playing was if he absolutely killed the Ravens. Well, I fell 2 points short, but after last night I don't see how you can't start him. I was tempted to start Rivers with a much better matchup. That would have been bad.

I almost posted yesterday that if I was playing next week, I would start Brady, because the only way I would be playing was if he absolutely killed the Ravens. Well, I fell 2 points short, but after last night I don't see how you can't start him. I was tempted to start Rivers with a much better matchup. That would have been bad.

this is my issue too. Rivers at home vs Oakland or Brady @Denver

I had already won going into last night to make the final 4, kinda was hoping for Brady would have an below avg game and I could justify benching him vs Denver

Then he goes off vs the so called #1 Defense with 400 and 3 tds

I am probably gonna take my medicine and start Brady. I would never forgive myself if he goes for 275-300 and 3tds and Rivers has 250 1td 2int and lose

I'm rolling with Brady over Ben @ Bengals. Blount is certainly a risk as the obvious game plan is to attack with the power running game, but hopefully BB tries to get the Broncos in to a shootout seeing Brady over Siemian as the Patriots biggest advantage.

I have considered benching him the last two weeks in favor of Winston. Could not bring myself to do it. Lost two weeks ago but got in playoffs and won easily this week because of him and the Atlanta D not because Evans, Dez, Cooper, Bailey didn't try to lose the game for me. Now he plays in a game that I will attend against the Broncos. Real vs Fantasy conflict of the highest order. Oh the irony.

Brady v Dalton decision, although im a heavy lean towards brady at this point

I truly believe NE is a better team than DEN this year and on a neutral field, NE would win convincingly.

But NE @ DEN is, historically, a disaster for the Pats.

For whatever reason, the Pats are uncharacteristically mistake prone when playing in DEN... and the Broncos always bring their "A" game when NE comes to town.

Since 2001, NE has played at DEN 9 times... the Pats are 2 - 7 in those road games... 0-3 in the last 3 match-ups... NE's two wins were in 2011 and 2003.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/denver-broncos/teamvsteam?opp=19&ha=H

Any Pats fan knows, DEN is a house of horrors for NE - of all the places for NE to play, @DEN is the worst.

Brady threw 3 tds in last years reg season game in denver. Game went to ot and Broncos won. In the playoffs in Jan he threw for over 300 and one td with 2 int. Which game this turns out to be will depend on game plan. Broncos could not stop the run last week but Tenn oline is a beast like Dallas.

this is my issue too. Rivers at home vs Oakland or Brady @Denver

I had already won going into last night to make the final 4, kinda was hoping for Brady would have an below avg game and I could justify benching him vs Denver

Then he goes off vs the so called #1 Defense with 400 and 3 tds

I am probably gonna take my medicine and start Brady. I would never forgive myself if he goes for 275-300 and 3tds and Rivers has 250 1td 2int and lose

But that's what Brady does when they play a great run D. Doesn't matter what the overall defensive ranking is. All that matters is the run defense. I knew Brady would have a good game because we all knew they'd throw 80% of the time.

That's not happening against Denver.

Eli gets Detroit at home I think. I don't know how the Lions defense is. Need some research before making my final call.

I don't think you can bench Brady for anyone that's been mentioned in this thread, or really anyone other than Ryan IMO

I don't think you can bench Brady for anyone that's been mentioned in this thread, or really anyone other than Ryan IMO

You're probably right but the discussion and analysis must be made since it's Denver. Any other team and you just plug Brady in.

At Denver. Bad run D and elite pass D. That's a legit problem.

Unfortunately, pats are gonna kill the donks

I'm going with Brady over Rivers. If I lose this week I can still win next week and take first though. If I win this week I'll at worst be playing for second next week. Then if I lose both I could end up as bad as fourth.

...and this is my dilemma. No clue what I'm going to do at this point. I fully expect all the experts to have Ryan and Brady ranked #1 and #2 this week. I guess it's a good problem to have.

Maybe Ryan has the higher floor but then again, they could get out to an early lead and run all day.

...and this is my dilemma. No clue what I'm going to do at this point. I fully expect all the experts to have Ryan and Brady ranked #1 and #2 this week. I guess it's a good problem to have.

Maybe Ryan has the higher floor but then again, they could get out to an early lead and run all day.

According to CBS fantasy projections they essentially have Brady as a total disaster. He's usually projected to have big numbers. This week....6. SIX! Wonder what the rankings will be.

Ryan has been pretty consistent and has a good matchup, I'd feel pretty confident in going Ryan over Brady.

I am playing Ryan over Brady. That means Brady will go off for four TDS - He will probably run another one in from 60 yards out. I am starting Blount which means he will get hurt on his 3rd carry. Lost Gordon last week!! I am lucky to be in the playoffs.

I am playing Ryan over Brady. That means Brady will go off for four TDS - He will probably run another one in from 60 yards out. I am starting Blount which means he will get hurt on his 3rd carry. Lost Gordon last week!! I am lucky to be in the playoffs.

Great! We all appreciate it! Thanks!

• Like 1