Sign in to follow this  
'White Men Can't Jump' Remake in the Works...

I wonder if the white guy will hit the winning shot in this one?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/white-men-cant-jump-remake-works-black-ish-creator-964963

White Men Cant Jump is getting back into the game.

Kenya Barris, the creator of ABCs acclaimed comedy Black-ish, is teaming with Blake Griffin of the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers and Ryan Kalil of the NFL's Carolina Panthers to develop a remake of the 1992 sports comedy for 20th Century Fox.

Barris will write the script for the project, which falls under his overall film deal with Fox that he signed in September. Barris also will act as a producer.

Griffin and Kalil are producing via their Mortal Media banner, along with their partner Noah Weinstein.

White Men Cant Jump, written and directed by Ron Shelton, starred Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes as two street basketball hustlers who at first try to hustle each other, then team up for a bigger score. Also figuring into the equation is Harrelsons characters longtime girlfriend, played by Rosie Perez, whose dream is to appear on TV's Jeopardy!

The title comes into play when Snipes character makes fun of Harrelson for his inability to make dunk shots. (Griffin knows a thing or two about dunking, having won the NBA Slam Dunk Contest in 2011.)

Griffin and Kalils Mortal Media is a relatively new venture but is busy building an active slate with high-profile titles. Among other projects the company is developing is a remake of The Rocketeer centered around a lead that will be black and female. The company also has an NBC comedy in development.

Barris Black-ish is currently one of TVs most acclaimed comedies, receiving recent Emmy and Golden Globe nominations (star Tracee Ellis Ross won a Golden Globe for her work on the show). On the film side, Barris is developing a remake of Shaft for New Line.

Barris is repped by CAA, Principato Young and Morris Yorn. Griffin and Kalil are repped by CAA and Ziffren Brittenham.

More original stuff from the people that like to preach to the rest of us. When is Spider-Man vs Underdog 8 coming out? That's art according to Meryl Streep

You old fawkers like me remember Harrison movies? He always played the . Loved him. But hated the roles he took on. White Men Can't Jump. The one where he let Demi Moore fawk an old fart. The Money Train.

He should have done better.

You old fawkers like me remember Harrison movies? He always played the ######. Loved him. But hated the roles he took on. White Men Can't Jump. The one where he let Demi Moore fawk an old fart. The Money Train.

Who, Harrison Ford? He wasn't in any of those movies.

Who, Harrison Ford? He wasn't in any of those movies.

Harrison Barnes? Definite upgrade over that defensive liability Sidney Dean.

You old fawkers like me remember Harrison movies? He always played the ######. Loved him. But hated the roles he took on. White Men Can't Jump. The one where he let Demi Moore fawk an old fart. The Money Train.

Really? He was doofus Woody on Cheers, and somehow turned that into a successful acting career playing the same basic character with that stupid smirk on his face. :dunno:

In light of the recent critical success of the TV series Atlanta, Another show developed by the same production team Is going to Be created Called Chicago. Other working titles include black man can't aim.

The funny thing when reading this was that I saw it involved Blake griffin and was thinking is he playing the black or the white role?

:D

Really? He was doofus Woody on Cheers, and somehow turned that into a successful acting career playing the same basic character with that stupid smirk on his face. :dunno:

Mickey Knox might disagree with this, but other than that I agree with this sentiment.

The funny thing when reading this was that I saw it involved Blake griffin and was thinking is he playing the black or the white role?

new working title: Black Gingers Can Jump Out of the Motherfocking Gym

Or the hunger games guy..

One thing I just remembered, is sizzles still around? How about Rosie Perez's giant nips?

Those were the best parts of the movie

You think they would ever be able to make a movie "Black men can't swim?", just wondering.....

You think they would ever be able to make a movie "Black men can't swim?", just wondering.....

You know the answer.