Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

2017 Tiger Woods Geek Club Round Tracker

Just embarrassing. Like Willie Mays when he played his last season with the Mets. Just go away.

• Like 1

Just embarrassing. Like Willie Mays when he played his last season with the Mets. Just go away.

not entirely true. it's the stupid networks for showing nearly every shot he hits. it's mind numbing. he's not the Tiger from 10 years ago, stop dreaming. Let him breath and play. when and if he's ever in contention? fine, give us Tiger till the cows come home

nice chip DJ :lol:

Does Sneds love him some Torrey Pines or what? Damn - he's rolling again.

Does Sneds love him some Torrey Pines or what? Damn - he's rolling again.

he and hadwin are saving my butt

I didn't watch today, but I'm joining KSB on the bandwagon. The guy knows how to win. As long as he is healthy, he will figure this out. 2-3 wins this year, another major within 3 years, and he grinds out 6 more to get to 20.

Trust me guys. It's coming.

Somebody can have my sweater vested interest in TW stock - he's not my guy. :D

I see what you did there.

Next year will make it 10 years since Tiger won a major, hopefully we'll all have moved on by then.

our guy shot a smooth 4 under today. 4 back going into sunday :thumbsup:

our guy shot a smooth 4 under today. 4 back going into sunday :thumbsup:

Wrong thread. The title is pretty clear.

Wrong thread. The title is pretty clear.

its nice to have something to talk about on the weekend

Jon Rahm - who????

Talk about going out and taking a golf tournament. A smooth 30 on the back, including 2 Eagles - some stones that kid has.

I decided to do the exact opposite.. Went 36, 46 y-day.. The front blew thru soon as we made the turn, 25 mph north winds. In a stretch of 4 holes - had three 3-putts and one 4-putt. :mad:

Federer won a major this weekend, I didn't watch golf this weekend. how did Tiger do?

Federer won a major this weekend, I didn't watch golf this weekend. how did Tiger do?

Let's just say - I hope Joe LaCava is on salary, otherwise that poor dude is going to be in a bread line.

Let's just say - I hope Joe LaCava is on salary, otherwise that poor dude is going to be in a bread line.

:first:

Joe LaCava has turned down caddie offers, sticking with Tiger Woods

Joe LaCava knows what you're thinking. And the answer is "no."
LaCava has been a caddie for 30 years on the PGA Tour, most notably on Fred Couples' bag for nearly two decades. Though he was known by ardent golf fans through Couples, as well as his short stint with Dustin Johnson, LaCava gained an extra notch in notoriety when he went to work for Tiger Woods at the end of 2011.
While the relationship has paid dividends for LaCava -- the duo has combined for nine wins -- Tiger's recent downtime, as well as his ominous playing prospects, begs the question: Is it time for LaCava to look for a new looping gig?
"A couple of guys approached me, I don't want to name any names, but I [politely] said no,'' LaCava told Bob Harig at ESPN.com. "My plan is to wait for Tiger to get back. I've told them I just want to work for Tiger and nobody else at this point."
However, LaCava admits to Harig that patience is a sentiment easier said than exercised.
"I miss it, for sure,'' LaCava said. "I miss my buddies, some of the caddies, going out to dinner. But most of all I miss being in the hunt and winning. Definitely miss it, how could you not?''
There has been a bright side for LaCava. He's been able to spend more time with his kids and wife, and was able to log over 50 rounds of golf in the fall.
Still, it has to be hard for LaCava, sitting on the sidelines, especially when the player he left -- Johnson -- is entering his prime. Yet, LaCava insists he has no regrets; moreover, he says Tiger has gas remaining in the tank.
"I still have faith he's going to continue to do well and win," said LaCava. "My outlook is basically the same as when I started with him. He's Tiger Woods.''
Harig's entire piece is worth the read over at ESPN.com. Given the silence from the Woods camp since his infamous press conference at the Hero World Challenge, LaCava's conviction is the best sign in months that Tiger isn't ready to throw in the towel.

somewhere a certain Aussie caddie is laughing his ass off

There was golf this weekend? Who knew?

Two weeks off fellas, enjoy the Super Bowl. See y'all on the 16th.

The second tournament he will compete in is the Genesis Open, an event that his charity Tiger Woods Foundation is running and will be played in Pacific Palisades, starting on February 16.

He also announced he will be competing at the 2017 Honda Classic held at PGA National Resort & Spa, which will take place on February 23 in preparation for the first major of the year at The Masters in April.

Tiger just topped a long putt off the green. Left it about 22 feet short, totally read wrong as it was drifting further away the further it got up the green.

+2 early on in Dubai

There was golf this weekend? Who knew?

Two weeks off fellas, enjoy the Super Bowl. See y'all on the 16th.

What kind of super fan are you? Dude is playing this week

This thread is dropping like a rock. Much like Eldrick's game. 77

The world No 666, making only his third competitive start since having 16 months out following back problems, failed to register a single birdie on his way to slipping 12 strokes adrift of early leader Sergio Garcia.

:(

The world No 666, making only his third competitive start since having 16 months out following back problems, failed to register a single birdie on his way to slipping 12 strokes adrift of early leader Sergio Garcia.

His very 1st hole, easy par 5, he went: driver WAY left, 2nd into a fairway bunker, 3rd into a green side bunker, poor bunker shot 4th - 2 putt bogey.... He also dunked one into a pond from 90 yards and left a 40 putt 20 feet short... It was painful to watch.

Turn out the lights....the party's over.....

Not quite yet, well not for me.

I'm giving him through this year.

Not quite yet, well not for me.

I'm giving him through this year.

Does he get drafted at all in the SpEdex Cup? I would say maybe the Masters depending on how many entrants in our pool. If we get to 10, I would believe Tiger gets drafted over Bob Charles, Ben Crenshaw, and maybe the Asian (Anal?) Amateur Runnerup.

We've all been hurt and we've all tried to play thru it - that looks like what's he's doing now... He just doesn't look right. Seems very awkward, like he's afraid to go down and get it, lifting up, using all arms and upper body. Even on his bunker shots (like they mentioned on the GC this a.m.) - he's very narrow, looks very unstable.

What a shame, he was on his way to becoming (perhaps) the biggest sports icon in the history of sports - then he pissed it all away... The only one who could stop TW was TW...........and he did.

Does he get drafted at all in the SpEdex Cup? I would say maybe the Masters...

This is his best shot for sure, but the Open is at Royal Birkdale - he possibly could there if he finds something between now and then. Birkdale is short, about 7000 yards - he has a chance to compete there.

The US Open is at Erin Hills - forget it, it will eat him alive.. And the PGA is at Quail Hollw - forget it (2x).

• Like 1

Does he get drafted at all in the SpEdex Cup? I would say maybe the Masters depending on how many entrants in our pool. If we get to 10, I would believe Tiger gets drafted over Bob Charles, Ben Crenshaw, and maybe the Asian (Anal?) Amateur Runnerup.

I see now way someone doesn't draft him at augusta. Probably any major. Do we really see ksb not taking him in the 6th round every time?

• Like 1

It only counts in North America and Europe.

This is like a NFL preseason game.

Doesn't count. Nothing to see here, move along.

I see now way someone doesn't draft him at augusta. Probably any major. Do we really see ksb not taking him in the 6th round every time?

You had one of the best profile pics here and you changed it? :mad:

do the NFL games in London count?

how about Raiders v Pats next year in Messico?

Whew, that's a relief.. Hate to think he was trying and still only beat 7 of the 132 spares in the field.

You had one of the best profile pics here and you changed it? :mad:

It will be back in time for baseball season

a Tiger never changes his stripes.... or something like that

WD

Next year will make it 10 years since Tiger won a major, hopefully we'll all have moved on by then.

He really just needs to step away from the game and either retire or not pickup a club for a couple of years to gain the strength back in his back if he ever expects to return to the form that he expects...

He really just needs to step away from the game and either retire or not pickup a club for a couple of years to gain the strength back in his back if he ever expects to return to the form that he expects...

...he's done the latter already.