Sign in to follow this  
"Game of Thrones": Season 7...

Cercei / Banker - great scene, both were fantastic at their parts. One thing isn't clear to me though: DID THE MONEY GET TO KINGS LANDING?? Or will the debt now go unpaid after Jamie was attacked?

By the way they were setting it up and talking about it early in the episode. As soon as she guaranteed it. You knew it wasn't going to get there.

Was one of the more predictable things in the series

thanks posty.

those fire scenes had a similar effect on me as some of the scenes from the "Private Ryan" beach scene (guy picking up his blown off arm, etc) - it was jawdropping, unnerving, and terrifying.

I was wide-eyed and thinking/saying "holy sh!t" when that was all unfolding... as a viewer, I had touble processing it and keeping my head straight - for that reason, it was amazing to me to see Bronn and Jamie both thinking/acting so bravely/clearly, maybe even suicidally... there were so many quick-clips detailing the horror and awe of it all... the Dothraki cutting the legs of Bronn's horse... the Dothraki bowmen, standing shooting, the horses crashing into the spears (a la Braveheart).

And driving it all was that we finally got to see the dragon in action (why just one I wondered?) - after 7 seasons of talk... we saw dragons used in full on war... not just burning some ships in a bay... but combat against armies.

You go back to Tolkein and other mythologies and they all talks about the terror a dragon brings just by flying overhead... more than anything ever shown, this scene made you understand that.

thanks posty.

You didn't think, as soon as they mentioned the money wasn't there yet and Cersei guaranteed it's arrival, something wasn't going to happen to it?

Who knows. Maybe it did get there?

You didn't think, as soon as Cersei guaranteed the money that something was going to happen to it?

Who knows. Maybe it did get there?

it wasn't clear to me... I'd think there's more than one wagon of gold?

and it also isn't clear to me what the consequence of not paying is - besides not getting another loan? Doe Bravos have any way to enforce it's terms with Lannisters besides not giving them more? Maybe they financially back the other side?

Ed - I think a lot is telegraphed at this point in the show. More than ever we all know/expect what is going to happen - and that may make plot twists easier to pull off down the road.

Or maybe that's just the result of GRRM being left behind? Don't know.

IMO, here's where we are at: the show is finally giving the viewers some satisfaction - we're seeing thing and getting "wins" more than ever - but it's come at an expense really... if anyone who never watched this show tuned in now, they'd think it was dumb - and they'd be right (Arya pulling off her face? Arya the super-kid sword fighter? Dany "neverending story" dragon rider? :dunno: but longtime viewers can easily get by all this - we've waited long enough for some "wins" and "satisfaction" - it's alll coming in abundance now.

I for sure thought Cersei/Jaime would "win" the Game and then be destroyed by white walkers in the last minute of the last episode

I for sure thought Cersei/Jaime would "win" the Game and then be destroyed by white walkers in the last minute of the last episode

to me, that'd be better in many ways

What can they really do with the White Walkers besides one, big battle? What's the end game here? Everyone comes together in Westeros, kumbaya-style, and then they fight the evil bad guys? That's pretty weak. So I don't think this will all fizzle out like that.

to me, that'd be better in many ways

What can they really do with the White Walkers besides one, big battle? What's the end game here? Everyone comes together in Westeros, kumbaya-style, and then they fight the evil bad guys? That's pretty weak. So I don't think this will all fizzle out like that.

There is a reason we have only seen them like what? 3, 4 times?

very 1st scene of the very 1st episode was White Walkers.

What else can they do with them, but have them kill everyone?

There is a reason we have only seen them like what? 3, 4 times?

very 1st scene of the very 1st episode was White Walkers.

What else can they do with them, but have them kill everyone?

Hardhome.

but they talked about how the Children of the Forest created them and the whole White Walker backstory... so clearly there's more to it... but whatever it is, it ain't simple and there isn't a whole lotta' time left to get into it.

I thought right before the fight, Sam's dad said all of the gold was safely inside Kings Landing?

I thought right before the fight, Sam's dad said all of the gold was safely inside Kings Landing?

me too... there was some reference to gold making to to Kings Landing

"All the gold is safely through the gates at kings landing"

Just re-watched it.

How odd for me to be wrong.

Classic when the kid says "dickon" and Bronn laughs :D

That was some deep freaking water for 6 feet off shore

Looked like a brook to me

Classic when the kid says "dickon" and Bronn laughs :D

Yeah this was a great response...

I enjoyed this episode way more than EP.3

Some sexual tension between Jon and Dargon Lady. Neither of these two are very good actors so their scenes are always blah.

The Stark kids stuff was pretty good other than Bran. He's like the weird kid you're skeered will shoot up the school. Hey Bran Arrya is back. Cool check out this knife.

The battle was pretty sweet. The show needs more Bron

Also how long was this episode? I watched it on My DVR and had like 5 minutes of previews for some other show. And then another 5-10 minutes after.

I just looked it up

Running time 47 minutes

47 focking minutes... <_<

Also how long was this episode? I watched it on My DVR and had like 5 minutes of previews for some other show. And then another 5-10 minutes after.

I just looked it up

Running time 47 minutes

47 focking minutes... <_<

Yeah, it was the shortest episode that they were doing...

The last three episodes running times for season 7 are:

Episode 5: 59 minutes

Episode 6: 71 minutes

Episode 7: 81 minutes

Cercei / Banker - great scene, both were fantastic at their parts. One thing isn't clear to me though: DID THE MONEY GET TO KINGS LANDING?? Or will the debt now go unpaid after Jamie was attacked?

I thought the implication was quite clear that the gold wasn't making it now. IIRC wasn't the Kingslayer talking about getting the gold on its way right before the attack?

On edit: I see from above that I was wrong :doh:

That was some deep freaking water for 6 feet off shore

Yes.

I did not want to nitpick the episode but this bothered me.

He's riding a horse right along the shoreline and then suddenly he's going down 50 feet in water? Whoever knocked him on the horse must have flung him really far! :shocking:

The other issue I had was how quickly the Dothraki and Tyrion Lannister get to Highgarden. Danni, sure, since she has the dragon. But that was awful focking quick to move an entire army.

But these are minor quibbles for an otherwise satisfying episode :thumbsup:

Bron was the shining star of this episode even though he tried to take out the dragon! His line were so funny.

There is no sexual chemistry, imo, between Jon and Daenerys.

Also, do you think Sansa is feeling insecure that her siblings are more talented than she is....and also that Petyr Baelish notices that they are a threat to him and her? I'm wondering if he'll hint that they're a threat?

Jamie should've died that episode, in keeping with the tradition that characters aren't spared because you want them to live.

I recall hearing that the gold made it through the gates of King's Landing, right?

Each episode is damn good of late.

But hbo is doing what they often do. Rushing the ending. Ruining the pacing they had established.

Rome really comes to mind. Great show with a crap cobbled together ending.

Is Sansa ever going to have some little finger in her?

Each episode is damn good of late.

But hbo is doing what they often do. Rushing the ending. Ruining the pacing they had established.

Rome really comes to mind. Great show with a crap cobbled together ending.

I don't even remember the ending of Rome

I'm good with it so far.

Character development is critical for investing the audience, but the players are developed and we are fully invested. I don't need any more 10 minute convos demonstrating that Sir Davos is honorable and trustworthy or any 8 minute scenes to further develop the fact that while Tyrion believes in Daenerys, he loves Jamie enough to not want to see him burnt to a crisp.

I obviously reserve the right to change my mind. And I will note one very rushed plot point. Jon Snow's chalk drawings in a cave were a bit too convenient. It probably should have been more of a process to get Daenerys to slowly believe that he may not be crazy and the White Walkers could be real. In past seasons, that process may have taken 5-6 episodes. But due to my craving for action, I forgive it thus far.

Is Sansa ever going to have some little finger in her?

The storyline through the end of season seven is already out there through plot leaks. Do you really want to know?

The storyline through the end of season seven is already out there through plot leaks. Do you really want to know?

I can wait.

Thank you for checking :cheers:

There is no sexual chemistry, imo, between Jon and Daenerys.

aren't they brother-sister? they may have that luke/leia thing going on.

Also, do you think Sansa is feeling insecure that her siblings are more talented than she is....

yes.... already feeling like she is taking a back seat in tactics- planning the battle with ramsay

:first:

Wow that is impressive mixing and editing. Really well done, he had to find all those words being spoken.

That is the best thing you've ever posted (I know, the bar has been set low, but impressive nonetheless).

Yes it got there. Before the big battle, it is said "All the gold is safely through the gates at King's Landing."

This is correct...

This is correct...

agreed.

What makes it confusing though is this:

Jamie goes into the back of a wagon filled with riches to get Bronns gold - Jamie then tells Bronn, it's not his gold, a clear reference to the debt it will pay.

Later we see that wagon and horses burning and rolling runaway style.

I agree - Tarley said what he said... but maybe not all of it got there? There is some confusion to me.