Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Is there anyone upset or sad Colon Krapernick is being blackballed?

:lol: :lol: Can't help but laugh at anyone stupid enough to think that a team like Boston or the Yankees wouldn't sign him if they thought he could help them. You obviously don't understand the competitiveness involved.

Red Sox had this guy David Ortiz, not sure if you've heard of him? Yankees had this guy called Giambi and arod. heard of them?

I'm upset at the use of the term blackballed.

Guy hasn't been good in a while.

If Aaron Rodgers kneeled for the anthem and was abailable, any team would sign him.

When your skill and production are nothing, teams have no incentive to bring on the potential baggage. Simple as that.

Same goes for ray rice. It's not that he didn't deserve a second chance it's that he was a high mileage RB over 30. No one would have signed him regardless.

Ray Rice's last season in the NFL was in 2013. Between 2009-2013 Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson both had approximately the same number of touches as Rice. They were both still in the league last year. Rice turned 30 this year.

I get that skills can diminish. But teams didn't NOT sign Rice because of talent going away.

Ray Rice's last season in the NFL was in 2013. Between 2009-2013 Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson both had approximately the same number of touches as Rice. They were both still in the league last year. Rice turned 30 this year.

I get that skills can diminish. But teams didn't NOT sign Rice because of talent going away.

What was rices production his last season he played? He's not the talent peterson is-was. AND Johnson likely kept getting signed because he still had his speed.

My point was your skill and production needs to make it worth signing you and bringing on any potential baggage.

If ray rice was 26 and coming off a 1400 yard season he woild have had a job.

People say he got black balled.

No

Teams just chose to go cheaper and younger rather than bring on a 30 year old back with domestic abuse issues and no more burst coming off a 3.1 ypc season.

Of course they did. He averaged 3.1 y/a in 2013.

So Geno Smith, who reneged on a bet and then proceeded to taunt a teammate causing him to knock Geno's jaw into the neighboring zip code, is not a doosh? Because he's certainly below an average player...and has a job

Holy Fockin stupid

Of course they did. He averaged 3.1 y/a in 2013.

Sure. His career YPC was 4.54 up to that season.

Not one single Ravens player on that team averaged over 3.5 YPC in 2013. Bernard Pierce had 152 rushing attempts. 2.9 YPC.

Holy Fockin stupid

You think Geno Smith in any capacity is better than Kaepernick?

As a teammate, distraction, player?

Blackballed implies collusion IMO, which I doubt is the case here. Kaep's problem, as with Tebow, is that their styles don't make them good NFL backups. Drew Stanton has a job because he is a drop back passer who can serviceably run the Cards' offense. Kaep is prolly better skilled but wouldn't be much use in that offense.

You think Geno Smith in any capacity is better than Kaepernick?

As a teammate, distraction, player?

You think Smith is on an level the distraction that CKis? Ask your wife if she knows who GS is and why he's a douche. Then ask her the same about CK. Nobodyknows who GS is. Get it?

So Geno Smith, who reneged on a bet and then proceeded to taunt a teammate causing him to knock Geno's jaw into the neighboring zip code, is not a doosh? Because he's certainly below an average player...and has a job

Geno has a backup job for a team he will never start for unless eli gets hurt. Even then, maybe not. Kaep may still get a spot like that. My have even been offered one and we don't know.

Geno was an isolated locker room incident. Not nearly the same as a player needing for the anthem and being a story every week for the first half of the season and then revealing he doesn't vote...

A better comparison maybe would be Incognito getting a job after the bullying stuff.

coaches in GM's realize that at this stage of his career, Kaepernick is going to have to be a straight-up drop-back passer. And that is not where he has shown his best work.

It was not that he was not good enough. No one wanted the distraction that came with signing him. You had to put up with not only a player who is the face of the steroid generation but also a player who is a known assshole. He was not blackballed. His distractions were not worth his production and effect on younger players.

The fact that there are sports fans too stupid to understand this just blows my mind. Same thing happened to T.O. When he was the best or second best receiver in football, teams were willing to put up with his antics. But then there was a time when the balance no longer swung in Owens' favor. His first year out of the league, he was easily better than half of the receivers in football. But combined with the media circus and locker room drama that came with him, made him no longer an asset.

A better comparison maybe would be Incognito getting a job after the bullying stuff.

Incognito is an interesting one for a bevy of reasons. Though his transgressions were the culture of football that cannot change at the professional level.

You think Smith is on an level the distraction that CKis? Ask your wife if she knows who GS is and why he's a douche. Then ask her the same about CK. Nobodyknows who GS is. Get it?

One guy got his face pummeled by a teammate. The other guy had his teammates award him the Len Eshmont Award. Both were one season of distractions no?

My wife doesn't have a problem with Kaepernick's stance. Nor do I. He has every right to do what he did. We simply don't care about his stance and can't stand the media for making it into a daily talking point over the last year, all while vilifying him for a constitutionally protected right.

NFL teams are entitled to do what they want as well. It's a job and they can hire whoever they want.

But there's no one that's going to convince me that Kaepernick is not one of the best 40 QBs in the NFL heading into this season. This is particularly important seeing how he has publicly stated that he won't be doing the anthem protest any longer. So...with the distraction removed, and him clearly being better than most backups in the NFL, where's the remaining trepidation?

CP woukd have to be really good to overcome his outrageous behavior. The people have spoken. It's not your run of the mill a-hole situation like Chad Johnson or TO. It's way beyond that. Those guys were never going to drive down ratings. Comparing this situation to others is dumb.

CP woukd have to be really good to overcome his outrageous behavior. The people have spoken. It's not your run of the mill a-hole situation like Chad Johnson or TO. It's way beyond that. Those guys were never going to drive down ratings. Comparing this situation to others is dumb.

"Outrageous" behavior? :lol:

good to see the Islam lover checking in

Were you also triggered by CK kneeling? :(

Were you also triggered by CK kneeling? :(

nope didn't care

what I hated was people like you and the rest of the left wing nutbags glorifying the false rhetoric he was trying to spread

Carolina should sign him.

If Cam goes down, their QB will still be the biggest doosh in the league.

nope didn't care

what I hated was people like you and the rest of the left wing nutbags glorifying the false rhetoric he was trying to spread

Link to me glorifying it?

I'll wait.

CP woukd have to be really good to overcome his outrageous behavior. The people have spoken.

Which proves there is a threshold... A threshold regulated by talent, not morality.

If CP were Dak, and Dak were an UFA - this fake outrage would all of the sudden evaporate like a fart in the wind - and the line to ink him would wrap around the building... To think CP is the main reason for downed ratings is ridiculous.

:lol: :lol: Can't help but laugh at anyone stupid enough to think that a team like Boston or the Yankees wouldn't sign him if they thought he could help them. You obviously don't understand the competitiveness involved.

Boston and the Yankees weren't going to sign him, they had Ortiz and Matsui respectively...

Red Sox had this guy David Ortiz, not sure if you've heard of him? Yankees had this guy called Giambi and arod. heard of them?

And Matsui...

Wait is there anyone here who disagrees with the fact that if he was good he would be on a team? I feel like everyone basically agrees but are still somehow arguing about it

Wait is there anyone here who disagrees with the fact that if he was good he would be on a team? I feel like everyone basically agrees but are still somehow arguing about it

Oh yes. There are absolutely those who think he is a starter. None of those people are NFL GM's though.

Yes.. They are saying it was a universal 'blackball' bcoz of the Anthem ordeal.

Boston and the Yankees weren't going to sign him, they had Ortiz and Matsui respectively...

Exactly the same reasoning all the other teams had. Not as good as what we already have. Not when you factor in the drama.

Even if you are a good enough player, the overall distraction you cause could have an overall negative effect on the team. I would not call it blackballing a player. I would call it weighing the positives vs negative that a player brings to a team.

Terry Glenn with the Patriots was an example. Best receiver on the Patriots in 2001 but his attitude was a distraction and Belichick decided he was not worth it and suspended him for the rest of the season.

:dunno: Your point? They already had better. I rest my case.

Incognito is an interesting one for a bevy of reasons. Though his transgressions were the culture of football that cannot change at the professional level.

One guy got his face pummeled by a teammate. The other guy had his teammates award him the Len Eshmont Award. Both were one season of distractions no?

My wife doesn't have a problem with Kaepernick's stance. Nor do I. He has every right to do what he did. We simply don't care about his stance and can't stand the media for making it into a daily talking point over the last year, all while vilifying him for a constitutionally protected right.

NFL teams are entitled to do what they want as well. It's a job and they can hire whoever they want.

But there's no one that's going to convince me that Kaepernick is not one of the best 40 QBs in the NFL heading into this season. This is particularly important seeing how he has publicly stated that he won't be doing the anthem protest any longer. So...with the distraction removed, and him clearly being better than most backups in the NFL, where's the remaining trepidation?

Geno was not a season of distractions. It was one moment that was talked about in the media for a short period. Then he was an afterthought to media and fans. Kaep was a season long distraction.

Initially I ad no problem with what he was doing even though I persobally felt he could have done things in a less "look at me, let me be relevant again" way. He totally.lost me by saying he doesn't vote.

That said im only explaining why he doesn't have a job. If he were still viewed as skilled he would be signed.

Which proves there is a threshold... A threshold regulated by talent, not morality.

If CP were Dak, and Dak were an UFA - this fake outrage would all of the sudden evaporate like a fart in the wind - and the line to ink him would wrap around the building... To think CP is the main reason for downed ratings is ridiculous.

Kap isn't anywhere near talented enough to overcome the voice of America. Dak woukd still be off limits to most organizations if he acted like that.

Cutler is better than Kap right now and out of work. And America doesn't t hate him. Just Denver and Chicago.

Kap isn't anywhere near talented enough to overcome the voice of America. Dak woukd still be off limits to most organizations if he acted like that.

Which is the point - if you're good enough, people don't care... Fake outrage takes a backseat to talent.. And I think most would be interested.

:dunno: Your point? They already had better. I rest my case.

the other 14 teams probably did not. your case is slow, like you

Cutler is better than Kap right now and out of work. And America doesn't t hate him. Just Denver and Chicago.

This.

the other 14 teams probably did not. your case is slow, like you

Apparently 14 GMs disagree with you. Which is why they have the job they do and you spray the dust off of peoples' keyboards. :wave:

Man arguing with Newbie is like arguing with my dog... Anything you say just doesn't sink into the brain...

Man arguing with Newbie is like arguing with my dog... Anything you say just doesn't sink into the brain...

So you're claiming there's actual collusion? You think owners got on a huge conference call and decided as a group that no one would sign him? And it doesn't matter if we're talking about Kaepernick or Bonds. Is that really what you think happened?

Apparently 14 GMs disagree with you. Which is why they have the job they do and you spray the dust off of peoples' keyboards. :wave:

blackballed.

hth

blackballed.

hth

ROFL. How'd he make out? Wasn't he taking MLB to court? Or maybe the judge refused to believe he was the same guy since his head is now seven hat sizes smaller.