Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

WEEK 1 BYE! Be prepared (Bucs and Dolphins Hurricane Danger)

FYI, per Roto they are possibly contemplating Philly or Pitt as game locations for this weekend.

Or, you know, ignoring what the teams and players would like and moving it to Week 11. :/

Not having a bye week is not what the teams and players would like. I have heard them talk about it.

Amazing that both teams have the same bye week

God works in mysterious ways...

:slowclap:

1. Hope they decide soon. I have Ajayi, and my top back up is Hunt who plays on Thursday. I would have started Ajayi, but dont' know if I can risk it now

It's a mess. In terms of just my ff team (I know, small scope, but this is an ff site), if they move the game out of this week, I'm looking at having to pick up Kizer, Savage, or Alex Smith (if they decide before Thursday). Literally the best options. Cutler is there, but he's the other qb affected. And I'd have to drop Kamara to do it :(

The Jags defense is too good, the Pats defense is good, the Steelers are going to murder Kiser. Those options are about as bad as it gets

The Jags defense is too good, the Pats defense is good, the Steelers are going to murder Kiser. Those options are about as bad as it gets

I know. And I was conservatively hoping for a win this week otherwise.

Possible "landing spots"?

Panthers, Saints, & Falcons all play away week 1.

Possibly Bryant-Denny stadium (Bama)?

Here in SW FL, they are closing schools and canceling high school football games (must be serious!). Gas stations running out of gas, stores out of water. They'll probably turn I-95 and I-75 south into northbound routes.

Hoping Irma swings north before the east coast and goes out to sea, but it's not looking good.

Had a draft last night. Didn't pick any MIA or TB players because of the uncertainty. Someone did pick Zeke with #7 overall pick only to find out when the draft was almost done his suspension was upheld.

This is a disaster. Losing starters week 1 due to a bye, then injury risk elevated due to no week off.

And Doug Martin's return is delayed another week.

Not official yet, but that sucks for the players. Why not just move to a neutral site? Having no bye week doesn't make any sense.

Also, sucks for FF owners with a week 1 bye. I have Winston and currently only QB on my roster

I had heard Heinz field would be an option as late as last night.

It's also a terrible one. Not giving the players a break mid season is a bad idea. I can't imagine any player or coach is on board with this idea.

Yeah, but it is what it is. The NFL can't control Mother Nature.

Yeah, but it is what it is. The NFL can't control Mother Nature.

You're right, they can't. They can have the game at a neutral site though.

It's official. Game rescheduled to week 11. Once again Goodell proves that as long as his $30+ million a year paychecks keep rolling in, his decisions will always be based on what's best for the owners at the expense of player safety or player preference.

Not official yet, but ###### that sucks for the players. Why not just move to a neutral site? Having no bye week doesn't make any sense.

Also, sucks for FF owners with a week 1 bye. I have Winston and currently only QB on my roster

Money. The Dolphins do not want to lose 2 home games. They already lost one to London.

This also makes my Winston or Carr decision for me. Though, I was probably starting Carr anyway.

The NFL is such a joke. Why on earth would they move this to week 11 and not give the players a bye

It would be so easy to just move to a different location

You're right, they can't. They can have the game at a neutral site though.

Sure, to the uneducated mind like myself and you as well. Meaning, we don't know what they know about the logistics.

The NFL is such a joke. Why on earth would they move this to week 11 and not give the players a bye

Oh yeah, sooo easy.

Because Stephen Ross probably complained about the lost revenue. But they could have played the game in Atlanta, still sold a lot of tickets and then the NFL (and its $63 billion net worth) could have reimbursed him for the difference.

Money. The Dolphins do not want to lose 2 home games. They already lost one to London.

This also makes my Winston or Carr decision for me. Though, I was probably starting Carr anyway.

They didn't "lose" anything. They get money from that game. They volunteered to play that game. It's only the "fans" that lose the game (if were to go to a neutral site), not the team.

Because Stephen Ross probably complained about the lost revenue. But they could have played the game in Atlanta, still sold a lot of tickets and then the NFL (and its $63 billion net worth) could have reimbursed him for the difference.

They couldn't play in Atlanta because there's an MLS game that day.

They couldn't play in Atlanta because there's an MLS game that day.

And also I doubt the Falcons wanted the first real NFL game in their new stadium to not include them.

What sucks for, and others I'm sure, with respect to FF is that I drafted IDPs like Alexander and David. I don't do backups for IDPS so that means I have to cut these guys for lesser options and might not get them back. That blows, but whatever.

Player safety and stadium revenue behind LIVES.

That's cute that you think that.

That's sad that you don't.

Yes. Sad that I live in the real world and you live in LaLaLand.

The game was not postponed to "save lives," but because the logistics would not make playing it this weekend in Miami possible. The Dolphins were not about to give up the revenue of a home game. Hence week 11.

But you enjoy those butterflies and rainbows, mmmk?

Yes. Sad that I live in the real world and you live in LaLaLand.

The game was not postponed to "save lives," but because the logistics would not make playing it this weekend in Miami possible. The Dolphins were not about to give up the revenue of a home game. Hence week 11.

But you enjoy those butterflies and rainbows, mmmk?

Gotta agree on this one. No one's life would have been lost had the games been moved to Philly or Pitt. The decision not to move the game was not about lives lost. The decision to not hold the game 'on Sunday in Miami' might have been about lives lost. But not the final decision to move it to wk 11.

For the record, here's now my exhaustive list of options for week 1 QB:

Smith

Glennon

Goff

Siemian

Kizer

Savage

Tolzien

McCown

:first:

OBJ probably not playing lost my QB too. It's either pick up Smith or Bradford. I have Pats defense so prolly get Bradford.

OBJ probably not playing lost my QB too. It's either pick up Smith or Bradford. I have Pats defense so prolly get Bradford.

Just had to pick up Bradford, but at least he has a decent matchup

I wish Bradford was available for me (someone kept him from last year, but that's beside the point). Bradford would be a blue chip stock at the moment.

EDIT: Sigh...I have picked up both Kizer and Alex Smith, and will decide by tomorrow night. I had to drop Kamara and an IDP to do it--but I was already likely to drop that IDP, and I'll have until Sunday to grab another. (Was going to grab a Miami safety...maybe next week.)

That sucks for the teams. 16 straight games.

Boo-hoo.

There were no bye weeks in the NFL until the 1990s. Every team played 16 straight weeks for many years and I don't think bye weeks did anything to curb injuries. Reducing the number of games back to 14 or 12 is the only way to do that. It was always about adding a week of TV revenue to the coffers, which is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Same reason many current owners favor an extension of the season to 18 games.

• Like 1