Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Trump criticizes NFL players protesting

Your 1st amendment right gauantees you protection from the Govt.

Like the POTUS calling for your firing?

• Like 1

Like the POTUS calling for your firing?

The President cannot nor hasn't fired anybody in the NFL. The 1st Amendment doesn't protect you from people's opinions. :facepalm:

I can 100% guarantee that the fact that people feel comfortable using the term "nigs" in a thread like this are a large part of the reason players need to keep kneeling during the national anthem.

Why are you such a pompous b!tch?

Do you know who calls people nigs and nigga and any other variety of the word more than anyone else? Black people! In their music, movies, culture. They use it constantly. They love that word.

First thought is......it's likely none of the above would be changed significantly.

So I guess your saying that if murdering black people and not murdering black people nets the same statistical results, we may as well keep murdering black people. I guess I get it.

I know your being sarcastic here, but you know thats not what I meant. Is his goal to be a voice for the overall betterment of the AA community or is it just to stop cops shooting blacks? And dont respond with "if you cant feel safe from cops blah blah" If you really think cop violence is the main injustice hurting AAs, then you need to get in the ghetto and get woke.

The President cannot nor hasn't fired anybody in the NFL. The 1st Amendment doesn't protect you from people's opinions. :facepalm:

I would argue that the POTUS using the bully pulpit to argue for the firing of a private citizen as payback for their legal protest comes awfully close to abridging their first amendment rights.

• Like 1

What was Ali protesting here?

Not sure he was protesting anything, just saying things in this interview that athletes normally wouldn't be willing to say. I haven't watched the full 1.5 hours of it and wasn't alive at the time. But the clip is relevant - all I'm getting at.

Do you know who calls people nigs and nigga and any other variety of the word more than anyone else? Black people! In their music, movies, culture. They use it constantly. They love that word.

Does that make you angry?

Not sure he was protesting anything, just saying things in this interview that athletes normally wouldn't be willing to say. I haven't watched the full 1.5 hours of it and wasn't alive at the time. But the clip is relevant - all I'm getting at.

I agree Ali had some great points.

The NFL is so focked.

The NFL will come out of this for the better.

As for the Steelers, I think that's probably the best way to handle it overall. Removing themselves from the spectacle altogether.

Smart on their part - though I'm sure many will see it as a protest. It just doesn't force their players to choose.

I would argue that the POTUS using the bully pulpit to argue for the firing of a private citizen as payback for their legal protest comes awfully close to abridging their first amendment rights.

Come on man. Holy fake outrage. Are you serious?

While I agree with your premise here, its widely known that white people cant use it. On the other hand, it kinda hard to explain to my kids why they shouldnt say it, when its every other word from the mouths of the thugs that were in lines with us at an amusement park last night.

Jeebus fock this is absolutely disgusting. This is going to be a watershed week, we'll see the ramifications.

In other words, the President of the United States has successfully divided us. This was an issue that a handful of players per team and a small amount of fans were divided over. Everyone else was united in their not caring too much about it.

But now due to the President of the United States actions, every single NFL player is essentially being forced to make a statement with their actions today, and most fans are forced to pick a side.

In short, regardless of which side you are on, the President of the United States of America has successfully divided the United States of America.

I see I triggered a lot of libtards, thanks for the laughs.

It's funny to watch liberals fall for the same trick over and over again. President Trump has taken control of the narrative and whatever the protests were originally about doesn't matter as anyone watching today knows the players kneeling now and in the future are doing it to spite President Trump, the man defending the flag, veterans and patriotism, which is exactly what he wants.

Last week the NFL had a bit of a nasty cough. This week it has a full blown case of AIDS. :lol:

You're applauding a worthless troll. As the focking president of the United States.

Set yourself on fire :thumbsdown:

The NFL will come out of this for the better.

As for the Steelers, I think that's probably the best way to handle it overall. Removing themselves from the spectacle altogether.

Smart on their part - though I'm sure many will see it as a protest. It just doesn't force their players to choose.

Bullish!t. Goliaths fall all the time. They are pissing off alot of their PAYING customers off. Not the who wears a San Fran SnapBack and drives around in his Gran Marquis. But the people who pay the hundred dollar sports packages. They are focked. MLB will be Americas number one sport by the end of next decade.

Nigs just mad Trump won. Lol.

And here it is.

This is the racist piece of sh1t Trump is courting. Exhibit A.

Jerry, KSB, etc. -- you're lumped in with this guy. Hope you can live with that

Meh - it's at least intimidation...from the President of the United States.

Intimidation?

And y'all wonder where the "snowflake" moniker came from.

In other words, the President of the United States has successfully divided us. This was an issue that a handful of players per team and a small amount of fans were divided over. Everyone else was united in their not caring too much about it.

But now due to the President of the United States actions, every single NFL player is essentially being forced to make a statement with their actions today, and most fans are forced to pick a side.

In short, regardless of which side you are on, the President of the United States of America has successfully divided the United States of America.

The "silence is approval" and "if your not with us, your against us" rhetoric preceeded Trump. People have been forced to pick a side for some time now. I agree Trump can be a hipocritical buffoon, but weve been divided for a while

I don't think anyone is saying a player should be forced to do anything. Your 1st amendment right guarantees you protection from the Govt. It doesn't protect you from any subsequent backlash you may get.

Most all employers wouldn't allow "protesting" during office hours.

Hell, the NFL has regulated players wearing stuff on their shoes before.

This isn't a first amendment issue. :thumbsdown:

The President of the United States and many that agree with him said they should stand or be fired. Seems several have said they should be forced.

Most all employers arent anythjng like the NFL. Lets stop trying to compare professional athletes with cubicle dwellers.

When the President chimes in that they should be told to stand ...or saying they should stand or be fired...it very much becomes a first amendment issue.

Yeah...not a troll at all...just a new guy who happened to roll into here.

:lol:

Damn, do you ever add anything to the conversation? Just because I aggressively defend my position in a political discussion I must be a troll. No wonder you're the resident liberal punching bag.

I guess me answering all the questions I felt I knew something about in the FF forums last night was me trying to cover my tracks so I could come in here and engage your special brand of stupid.

The easiest solution is for the NFL to stop having the national anthem played.

KSB?

Hello?

You approve of your fellow Trump supporters calling these people n1gg3rs? Yes or no.

You're with them, so it kinda seems like yes.

Damn, do you ever add anything to the conversation? Just because I aggressively defend my position in a political discussion I must be a troll. No wonder you're the resident liberal punching bag.

I guess me answering all the questions I felt I knew something about in the FF forums last night was me trying to cover my tracks so I could come in here and engage your special brand of stupid.

Why are you too much of a COWARD to use your real handle?

I'm just...appalled at most of you. Way to be on the wrong side of history.

https://twitter.com/reesehuffman/status/911971785561829376

Such a relevant clip from Muhammad Ali there. This is a great moment in history and one of the proudest moments of my life as an American.

Kaepernick will be in a history book one day. Chew on that, douchenozzles.

except Ali was protesting when there actually was you know INEQUALITY AND RACISM.

Kaepernick's protest was started by a fake event, and spurred on by the non existence of systemic racism

• Like 1

What topic? I've asked several times now.

Its not my fault you are ignorant .

Police brutality and treatment of African Americans. It was made pretty well known last year and continued this year.

Should he have a sign...a catchy ribbon to slap a magnet on a car?

And here it is.

This is the racist piece of sh1t Trump is courting. Exhibit A.

Jerry, KSB, etc. -- you're lumped in with this guy. Hope you can live with that

Not really, Tubby can make an ass of himself, the rest of us aren't going to be gong to be lumped in with that.

My fuse is short right now. Focking p*ssed. I'll try to make more rational conversation later.

Not really, Tubby can make an ass of himself, the rest of us aren't going to be gong to be lumped in with that.

My fuse is short right now. Focking p*ssed. I'll try to make more rational conversation later.

You're lumping yourself in with the cowardly racist pieces of sh1t too, Volty. And you're better than that.

KSB?

Hello?

You approve of your fellow Trump supporters calling these people n1gg3rs? Yes or no.

You're with them, so it kinda seems like yes.

Not sure what you're talking about. :dunno:

I must have missed this sidebar conversation?

The President of the United States and many that agree with him said they should stand or be fired. Seems several have said they should be forced.

When the President chimes in that they should be told to stand ...or saying they should stand or be fired...it very much becomes a first amendment issue.

I cant find a copy of the pro athlete Constitution online. Link?

Not sure what you're talking about. :dunno:

I must have missed this sidebar conversation?

So yes?

Just as I've always suspected. The aw shucks common man routine always was a little thin

Its not my fault you are ignorant .

Police brutality and treatment of African Americans. It was made pretty well known last year and continued this year.

Should he have a sign...a catchy ribbon to slap a magnet on a car?

which has been proven to be a false narrative time and again

and his grandfather is COMPLETELY WRONG

and this is why

its not about the national anthem. Its about protesting and making it about yourself, at your employers place of business.

I am not about them not standing for the anthem(I think its disrepectful though). I am about them turning what was an entertainment outlet (and one of the few left) into a political stage. I see it everywhere I go, every movie, every tv show. I just want to watch football, and not hear about this crap anymore

• Like 1

Come on man. Holy fake outrage. Are you serious?

Yes I am serious: the POTUS calling for the firing of a private citizen as retaliation for a legal protest comes close to abridging that oerson's 1st amendment rights.

Bullish!t. Goliaths fall all the time. They are pissing off alot of their PAYING customers off. Not the ###### who wears a San Fran SnapBack and drives around in his Gran Marquis. But the people who pay the hundred dollar sports packages. They are focked. MLB will be Americas number one sport by the end of next decade.

If you think this stops with the NFL, you're wrong. It's already started in the MLB. This is bigger than the NFL.