Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Trump criticizes NFL players protesting

If you believe we are perfect as a society, we can all stop trying to understand the views of others now.

If you believe we need to keep trying to improve as a society, then we never stop trying to understand the views of others.

Simple as that. This doesn't mean you have to always move to the other side, but you'll never know if you should have unless toy make the attempt to understand their point of view.

I definitely believe we need to improve as a society but then again I can never walk in everyone's shoes.In my opinion some things are just common sense and the public restroom is one of them.

I definitely believe we need to improve as a society but then again I can never walk in everyone's shoes.In my opinion some things are just common sense and the public restroom is one of them.

Exactly. Except in this case your opinion happens to be a fact.

Well I also feel it's a crock that the NFL promotes and wears pink all October to support the Susan G Komen cancer fund. The sister who started that organization is now filthy rich and keeps getting money to pour in. For what purpose? A very small percentage goes to finding the cure. The multimillions of dollars left over do what exactly? My mom had breast cancer and an aunt before her died from breast cancer. Neither got any benefit whatsoever from all of this money pouring in. Nothing. Not even a cookie or a card or educational classes, nothing. I guess I'll save this for October in a new thread though. Carry on with the flag stuff.

The percieved inequalities arent going away without the help of white america. The more Kaep and Co. try to protest, the more they are alienating average white dude.Until average white dude sees some effort from the AA communuty to own some of their issues, average white dude aint having it. Avererage white dude works 40-50 hrs a week to make ends meet and doesnt want to hear about problems that may be self imposed by the AA community. He just wants an escape from reality on Sunday to unwind.

If protesters like Kaep and Co. were to say something like..." we got some focked up cultural issues. We truly wanna fix them but we need help", he may get some positive feedback. As long as hes not calling anyone out in the AA community, average white dude has blinders on.

The percieved inequalities arent going away without the help of white america. The more Kaep and Co. try to protest, the more they are alienating average white dude.Until average white dude sees some effort from the AA communuty to own some of their issues, average white dude aint having it. Avererage white dude works 40-50 hrs a week to make ends meet and doesnt want to hear about problems that may be self imposed by the AA community. He just wants an escape from reality on Sunday to unwind.

If protesters like Kaep and Co. were to say something like..." we got some focked up cultural issues. We truly wanna fix them but we need help", he may get some positive feedback. As long as hes not calling anyone out in the AA community, average white dude has blinders on.

This, along with the fact that I can't say I've heard any proposed solutions by the protesters. Hard to get on board with someone who only brings "alleged" problems to the table.

Agreed. But that still leaves Above Average White Dude. If the AA community can get him on their side, then we will make progress.

So, here's the challenges I see it. There's a bunch of revisionist History going on saying that the kneeling has nothing to do with the flag or the country or the soldiers, ostensibly this is just some sort of free-form convenient time to protest whatever.

The point being apparently, black people aren't anti-america or anti soldiers because that would be unpopular.

So, if I take them at their word, I'm really upset at the illegal ivory trade. If I stuck my forearm on my forehead and waved my hand around like a horn to protest that and to bring the issue to public Consciousness, would that be okay too?

That literally is what it boils down to. Either you are indeed protesting the country and the flag and all that it represents. Or, you are not and this is just some sort of free-form self-expression protest time. And if it's the latter, then pretty much anything goes, no? Who are you to tell me that the extremely rare shooting of an innocent black man by a cop is worthy of protest, but the much more common physical and sexual abuse of children is not?

So what do we do? Carve out 5 minutes before every sporting event for each random f******* to have their own random f******* protest of whatever random f***** tard thing is pissing them off?

I mean, I'm fine with that. Just let me know the rules. Because if somehow I'm showing disunity with my team by protesting child abuse in lieu of random black violence, I guess I need to know that rule too. And I need to know who's setting the rules. Do we vote every week? Or do we only get one thing as an entire group the entire year? Because that seems unfair. And then I'd have to protest our protest time.

No way this is over.

It's the beginning of it being over then. It never had a chance anyhow.

Agreed. But that still leaves Above Average White Dude. If the AA community can get him on their side, then we will make progress.

I think we're there now, and probably were there during BOs presidency. Wheres the progress? Too many average white dudes.

The best way to unite people, bring people together, start an open and honest dialog is to....................do something that they may find at most offensive or at the very least somewhat rude. That's how you do it. Stand in traffic, kneel at the singing of the National Anthem, vandalize public property. Things like that really bring people together. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The best way to unite people, bring people together, start an open and honest dialog is to....................do something that they may find at most offensive or at the very least somewhat rude.

Works for Trump. Most of America is united in thinking he's a focking ass clown.

Well I also feel it's a crock that the NFL promotes and wears pink all October to support the Susan G Komen cancer fund. The sister who started that organization is now filthy rich and keeps getting money to pour in. For what purpose? A very small percentage goes to finding the cure. The multimillions of dollars left over do what exactly? My mom had breast cancer and an aunt before her died from breast cancer. Neither got any benefit whatsoever from all of this money pouring in. Nothing. Not even a cookie or a card or educational classes, nothing. I guess I'll save this for October in a new thread though. Carry on with the flag stuff.

Komen is one of the more corrupt charities.

The best way to unite people, bring people together, start an open and honest dialog is to....................do something that they may find at most offensive or at the very least somewhat rude. That's how you do it. Stand in traffic, kneel at the singing of the National Anthem, vandalize public property. Things like that really bring people together. :thumbsup:

CNN did this last night. Did you use your free time to watch it?...Multiple Symposiums on Race happen every single year. Have you ever attended one? I'm assuming there will be more next year. Now that you know about them, will you use your vacation time and attend one?

I watched a large portion of the one last night, but of course I've never attended one. I'd feel like quite the liar if I claimed such a symposium would have more affect than what is happening now.

I'm going to the game tonight. I won't be linking arms. Rodgers can go fock himself on this one.

I'm going to the game tonight. I won't be linking arms. Rodgers can go fock himself on this one.

Thank you. I know most Packer fans are good Americans, unlike Shonuff.

I think this whole thing really stems from Trump's failed attempts to become an NFL owner.

It's an exclusive club he was never allowed to join, so now he's using his position as POTUS to play a childish game of "look what I can do".

Thank you. I know most Packer fans are good Americans, unlike Shonuff.

If I weren't taking my 2 sisters who have never been to a game before, I would have sold the tickets after all the BS that's transpired over recent weeks.

If I weren't taking my 2 sisters who have never been to a game before, I would have sold the tickets after all the BS that's transpired over recent weeks.

Enjoy. Too bad they just can't go to a game without this ninsense. It will still

Be fun once the game gets going.