Sign in to follow this  
ChinaCat

They kneeled for the National Anthem and stood for the Brit anthem.

The President should be protecting ALL rights - and that also includes the rights of owners to fire disobedient employees. So nothing that Trump has done is in any way unConstitutional, or damaging to the Constitution. What he did was damaging only to that which Should be damaged: poor arguments and misguided protests.

I don't see him treating this any differently; his declared positions have been utterly consistent with Constitutional principle. These white supremacists that you claim he 'loves' (I see no indication of that) were physically attacked. Trump was defending the right to free speech in public - without being attacked for doing so.

Part of being a President is defending the Flag. I want a President who does so. Don't you?

Do you think the owner's rights are being violated? Or that they are not fully aware that they have a right to fire any employee they choose? They do it every day. It's why Colin Kaepernick doesn't have a job. Because he sucks. Yet Michael Bennett does. Because he's very good.

Trump is telling owners that they should fire guys for kneeling. How the fock is that protecting the citizens' rights? He is simply saying things to get his sheep excited. And it obviously worked with you. Baaaaa

The man lies on average about 5 times a day. So yea his credibility is non existent as far as I'm concerned.

I care not about Trump, only what words he's spoken which are the subject of our discussion. What, exactly, has he said wrt this topic which is unConstitutional? Or do you cede that what he has done is nothing but defend the flag, and allegiance to it?

Have you heard what pledge a POTUS must take to accept the office? You should.

These players have explicitly stated that they are not protesting nor mean any disrespect to the flag, anthem, or military.

The stand the heck up while American freedom and Old Glory are being honored.....

Some guys beat their wives and later claim they love them, and meant no harm nor disrespect.

These players have explicitly stated that they are not protesting nor mean any disrespect to the flag, anthem, or military. So wtf are you upset with Mensa?

I saw a quote today that reminded me of simpleton's like Mensa.

"Thinking that NFL players are protesting the flag is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation."

The protests are a fraud, a sham, and a hoax. They will live in infamy. To allow this to happen at any time is tragic. To disrespect the symbol of our independence insults the intelligence of the American people. It dishonors the memory of countless thousands of our dead who offered up their very lives in defense of principles which this flag symbolizes.

I am here to talk about principles which are being overthrown by these protests. The principles that you and I hold dear. The principles for which our forefathers fought and died to establish and to defend. The principles for which we observe the National Anthem to rededicate ourselves.

But before I get into that, let me point out one important fact. It would have been impossible for the American people to have been deceived by these protestors had there been a responsible american press to tell the people exactly what the bill contained. If they had had the integrity and the guts to tell the truth, this bill would never have been enacted.

It is perfectly obvious from the left-wing liberal press and from the left-wing law journals that what the protestors are saying behind all the jargon is that they don't like our form of government.

They think they can establish a better one. In order to do so it is necessary that they overthrow our existing form, destroy the democratic institutions created by the people, change the outlook, religion, and philosophy, and bring the whole area of human thought, aspiration, action and organization, under their way of thinking.

In our nation, man has always been sovereign and the state has been his servant. This philosophy has made the United States the greatest free nation in history.

This freedom was not a gift. It was won by work, by sweat, by tears, by war, by whatever it took to be--and to remain free.

Are we today less resolute, less determined and courageous than our fathers and our grandfathers?

Are we to abandon this priceless heritage that has carried us to our present position of achievement and leadership?

I say if we are to abandon our heritage, let it be done in the open and full knowledge of what we do.

We are not unmindful and careless of our future.

We must not be misled by left-wing incompetent news media that day after day feed us a diet of fantasy telling us we are bigots, racists and hate-mongers to oppose the destruction of the constitution and our nation.

A left-wing monster has risen up in this nation. It has invaded the government. It has invaded the news media. It has invaded the leadership of many of our churches. It has invaded every phase and aspect of the life of freedom-loving people.

Stolen from George Wallace's speech in defiance of the Civil Rights Act, 1964 - what a piece of sh!t this guy was.

I care not about Trump, only what words he's spoken which are the subject of our discussion. What, exactly, has he said wrt this topic which is unConstitutional? Or do you cede that what he has done is nothing but defend the flag, and allegiance to it?

He didn't say anything unconstitutional, I never claimed as such. He did call the players sons of bitches which to me is not appropriate talk from a leader. I'm done talking on this. I hate Trump with a passion and hope for his removal every day. Nothing you can say will change my mind he's a terrible human being.

FFToday board is looking more and more like a Stormfront board.

You should check out the Geek Club.

Nazi Germany would blush

Do you think the owner's rights are being violated?

No. Nor do I think the player's were violated. That wasn't the point. I was responding to the claim that Trump isn't supposed to interfere with anyone's rights, and defend everyone's equally. That's what he was doing, while also expressing his own opinion and simultaneously living up to his pledge of office.

Or that they are not fully aware that they have a right to fire any employee they choose? They do it every day. It's why Colin Kaepernick doesn't have a job. Because he sucks. Yet Michael Bennett does. Because he's very good.

Kaepernick's unemployment is rooted in far more than his skills. He's clearly better than at least half of the backup QBs in this league.

Trump is telling owners that they should fire guys for kneeling. How the fock is that protecting the citizens' rights? He is simply saying things to get his sheep excited. And it obviously worked with you. Baaaaa

This last statement is pure poppycock. Trump's statement was not how you characterized it. Words mean things. He said it would be nice if he saw that, and obviously tons of people - including me - agree. The NFL is a brand that is inexorably tied to Americana. They can, nonetheless, do what they wish.

Our reactions to it are no different than any boycott attempted ever, to varying degrees of success. You seem to think that an exercise of rights comes with no potential repercussions. One of them - a 100% legitimate one - is exposing yourself to being fired for saying something which your employer finds jeopardizes the health of his business.

As for 'sheep'? That ad hom isn't necessary, and diminishes your argument. I support these players being fired because I find their protest both stupid and harmful in that it alienates the NFL's client base.

I also find it unAmerican, because I believe I understand the underlying agenda, even if many of them do not.

No, you're brushing past the point being made. Just because someone has a right to express themselves a specific way does not mean that they should, nor does it mean that they're correct/helpful/useful.

It could, in fact, mean that they're attempting to do harm.

Or are you now going to be forced to say that Russian propaganda engaged in by American citizens is simply free speech, and no harm could have come from that either?

These protestors should have their feet held to the fire. They should defend their views; their reasoning for protesting the very thing that granted them the right to protest.

The rest of us react in two ways: wondering how credible a protest which claims to want to honor and unify our country could be if the object being protested is the very SYMBOL of that unity, and wondering if these protestors even know what they're really doing.

Many of them have expressed the reasoning behind their protests. Either you haven't been listening or don't care.

It's also become painfully obvious that you still don't understand that they're not protesting the flag.

Must you persist in ad hominem? I can guarantee you that I'm about as far from a simpleton as anyone you'll ever meet.

"Thinking that NFL players are protesting the flag is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation."

It is a pity quote. Unfortunately, it's only for the feeling, and not the thinking. A bus isn't a symbol of our allegiance to one another, and no one buys a bus or NFL ticket to receive a political lecture or experience a protest.

Many of them have expressed the reasoning behind their protests. Either you haven't been listening or don't care.

What makes you say that? I have obviously responded to the claimed reasoning.

He didn't say anything unconstitutional, I never claimed as such. He did call the players sons of bitches which to me is not appropriate talk from a leader. I'm done talking on this. I hate Trump with a passion and hope for his removal every day. Nothing you can say will change my mind he's a terrible human being.

I'm not looking to change your mind about Trump. We have a history full of leaders who have said incredibly brash things. I'll leave you with one that should rightly piss you off:

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years."

-Lyndon Baines Johnson

F Trump. He's a racist draft dodging POS. Standing behind him doesn't make you more patriotic it makes you a moron.

I voted for him in 2016 and I'll vote for him again in his 2020 victory. :overhead:

The protests are a fraud, a sham, and a hoax. They will live in infamy. To allow this to happen at any time is tragic. To disrespect the symbol of our independence insults the intelligence of the American people. It dishonors the memory of countless thousands of our dead who offered up their very lives in defense of principles which this flag symbolizes.

I am here to talk about principles which are being overthrown by these protests. The principles that you and I hold dear. The principles for which our forefathers fought and died to establish and to defend. The principles for which we observe the National Anthem to rededicate ourselves.

But before I get into that, let me point out one important fact. It would have been impossible for the American people to have been deceived by these protestors had there been a responsible american press to tell the people exactly what the bill contained. If they had had the integrity and the guts to tell the truth, this bill would never have been enacted.

It is perfectly obvious from the left-wing liberal press and from the left-wing law journals that what the protestors are saying behind all the jargon is that they don't like our form of government.

They think they can establish a better one. In order to do so it is necessary that they overthrow our existing form, destroy the democratic institutions created by the people, change the outlook, religion, and philosophy, and bring the whole area of human thought, aspiration, action and organization, under their way of thinking.

In our nation, man has always been sovereign and the state has been his servant. This philosophy has made the United States the greatest free nation in history.

This freedom was not a gift. It was won by work, by sweat, by tears, by war, by whatever it took to be--and to remain free.

Are we today less resolute, less determined and courageous than our fathers and our grandfathers?

Are we to abandon this priceless heritage that has carried us to our present position of achievement and leadership?

I say if we are to abandon our heritage, let it be done in the open and full knowledge of what we do.

We are not unmindful and careless of our future.

We must not be misled by left-wing incompetent news media that day after day feed us a diet of fantasy telling us we are bigots, racists and hate-mongers to oppose the destruction of the constitution and our nation.

A left-wing monster has risen up in this nation. It has invaded the government. It has invaded the news media. It has invaded the leadership of many of our churches. It has invaded every phase and aspect of the life of freedom-loving people.

Stolen from George Wallace's speech in defiance of the Civil Rights Act, 1964 - what a piece of sh!t this guy was.

Well, it seems that you wish to go pretty far afield of the topic, but I'll entertain it. Did you know that the Civil Rights Act was opposed by more Democrats than Republicans?

If you don't, you should revisit history. Not the version you've been fed.

While the Democratic Party previously singled out blacks and native Indians, progressives showed Democrats how to suppress all minorities. Included in the new list were Central and South American Hispanics as well as Eastern and Southern Europeans. Many of these people were clearly white but progressives did not consider white enough. Like blacks, they were considered unfit on the basis of their complexion.

During the 1920s, progressives developed a fascination with and admiration for Italian and German fascism, and the fascists, for their part, praised American progressives. These were likeminded people who spoke the same language, and progressives and fascists worked together to implement programs to sterilize so-called mental defectives and unfit people, resulting subsequently in tens of thousands of forced sterilizations in America and hundreds of thousands in Nazi Germany.

During the 1930s, President Franklin D. Roosevelt sent members of his brain trust to Europe to study fascist economic programs, which he considered more advanced that anything his New Deal had implemented to date. FDR was enamored with Mussolini, whom he called the admirable Italian gentleman. Some Democrats even had a soft spot for Hitler: young JFK went to Germany before World War II and praised Hitler as a legend and blamed hostility to the Nazis as jealousy resulting from how much the Nazis had accomplished.

Yes, I know. Very little of this is known by people today because progressives have done such a good job of sweeping it all under the rug. This material is simply left out of the textbooks even though it is right there in the historical record. Some progressive pundits know about it, but they dont want to talk about it.

Indeed many progressives have been working hard to come up with lies that can be passed off as facts. Progressives have a whole cultural contingentHollywood, the mainline media, the elite universities, even professional comediansto peddle their propaganda. From the television show Madame Secretary to the front page of the New York Times to nightly quips by Stephen Colbert, the progressive bilge comes at us continually and relentlessly.

In this bogus narrative, Republicans are the bad guys because Republicans opposed the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 1960s. For progressive Democrats, the civil rights movement is the canonical event of American history. It is even more important than the American Revolution. Progressive reasoning is: we did this, so it must be the greatest thing that was ever done in America. Republicans opposed it, which makes them the bad guys.

The only problem is that Republicans were instrumentalactually indispensablein getting the Civil Rights Laws passed. While Lyndon Johnson pushed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 with the backing of some northern Democrats, Republicans voted in far higher percentages for the bill than Democrats did. This was also true of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Neither would have passed with just Democratic votes. Indeed, the main opposition to both bills came from Democrats.

Interestingly enough the GOP is not merely the party of minority rights but also of womens rights. Republicans included womens suffrage in the partys platform as early as 1896. The first woman elected to Congress was Republican Jeanette Rankin in 1916. That year represented a major GOP push for suffrage, and after the GOP regained control of Congress, the Nineteenth Amendment granting womens suffrage was finally approved in 1919 and ratified by the states the following year.

The inclusion of women in the 1964 Civil Rights Act was, oddly enough, the work of group of racist, chauvinist Democrats. Led by Democratic Congressman Howard Smith of Virginia, this group was looking to defeat the Civil Rights Act. Smith proposed to amend the legislation and add sex to race as a category protected against discrimination.

Smiths Democratic buddies roared with laughter when he offered his one-word amendment. They thought it would make the whole civil rights thing so ridiculous that no sane person would go along with it. One scholar noted that Smiths amendment stimulated several hours of humorous debate among racist, chauvinist Democrats. But to their amazement, the amended version of the bill passed. It bears repeating that Republicans provided the margin of victory that extended civil rights protection both to minorities and to women.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/07/22/dinesh-dsouza-secret-history-democratic-party.html

So, while I appreciate the unmasking of every single racist to inflict themselves upon this Earth, it would be useful if you had the historical context correct, and perhaps point out to me exactly what in what Wallace said 63 years ago you lifted to indicate what was racist and what was not, because we do know that games have always been played with bills, perhaps to mislead people decades later into thinking something was true which was not - including that certain people were racist when they indeed may not have been.

Words - like specifically expressed by that LBJ quote I cite above - clearly indicate his racism. Do you have something you'd like to offer us that demonstrates that Wallace was equally racist? I know little about him, other than that he was a Democrat.

I voted for him in 2016 and I'll vote for him again in his 2020 victory. :overhead:

There is a better chance he is impeached than reelected.

Kaepernick's unemployment is rooted in far more than his skills. He's clearly better than at least half of the backup QBs in this league.

Of course it's rooted in far more than just his skills. As with every player, teams evaluate how much a player would contribute to their teams' goals and how much he will detract from it. If this was 2012 Kaepernick, he'd be playing somewhere. His talent would exceed the distraction and media circus he'd bring. His 2017 talent would not. Terrell Owens was talented enough, at one point, where teams still wanted to take the chance. Once his talent dropped off a bit, he no longer was wanted. And he certainly was still better than many receivers playing in the league.

• Like 1

Of course it's rooted in far more than just his skills. As with every player, teams evaluate how much a player would contribute to their teams' goals and how much he will detract from it. If this was 2012 Kaepernick, he'd be playing somewhere. His talent would exceed the distraction and media circus he'd bring. His 2017 talent would not. Terrell Owens was talented enough, at one point, where teams still wanted to take the chance. Once his talent dropped off a bit, he no longer was wanted. And he certainly was still better than many receivers playing in the league.

Agreed. You stated only that he sucked before.

Agreed. You stated only that he sucked before.

You need to work on reading comprehension. I was talking about these rebellious athletes who are the ring-leaders of this movement. I said the only reason that Bennett has a job and Kaepernick doesn't is because Kaep sucks and Bennett is very good.

8 pages of non FF nonsense. I'm so sick of hearing about this everywhere.

Here's an idea. Stop talking about it. Then, the stupid NFL players will realize that nobody cares about their political agenda. Problem solved.

Here's an idea. Stop talking about it. Then, the stupid NFL players will realize that nobody cares about their political agenda. Problem solved.

You not caring doesn't mean other people don't and aren't actively protesting every day. Maybe if you removed your head from the sand you'd see that.

It's one single thread on a board with hundreds of topics. Ignore it.

And by the way, ignoring it was making it go away. Only 6 players in the entire league took a knee during last week's anthems. Our brain dead President took a dying issue and threw it in everyone's faces and made their effort about 100x stronger in his attempt to rile up base of sheep. It blew up in his face.

And by the way, ignoring it was making it go away. Only 6 players in the entire league took a knee during last week's anthems. Our brain dead President took a dying issue and threw it in everyone's faces and made their effort about 100x stronger in his attempt to rile up base of sheep. It blew up in his face.

Truth. The dotard and his minions are the catalyst here...

Truth. The dotard and his minions are the catalyst here...

The biggest spokesperson for the movement was out of football completely and only six players were even bothering to take part anymore. A priest was in the room and the movement was being read its last rights. Then Donald Trump decided he wanted to score some points with his base. And united the entire league, along with their owners, coaches, and every broadcaster I heard yesterday. In a first term full of blunders, this may be Trump's worst. And certainly his funniest.

He took it from life support to the biggest story in the country. What a dolt.

The biggest spokesperson for the movement was out of football completely and only six players were even bothering to take part anymore. A priest was in the room and the movement was being read its last rights. Then Donald Trump decided he wanted to score some points with his base. And united the entire league, along with their owners, coaches, and every broadcaster I heard yesterday. In a first term full of blunders, this may be Trump's worst. And certainly his funniest.

He took it from life support to the biggest story in the country. What a dolt.

This wraps it up perfectly. Trump was acting like half of the league was protesting, when it was 6 guys. The guy is a terrible leader. The sooner he is out the better the world will be.

This wraps it up perfectly. Trump was acting like half of the league was protesting, when it was 6 guys. The guy is a terrible leader. The sooner he is out the better the world will be.

yep and we can let all the illegals start flowing back in, and we can become Germany

yep and we can let all the illegals start flowing back in, and we can become Germany

again you let that moron claim this country is being overtaken by illegal aliens but that is complete nonsense yet again. The man is a snake oil salesman stop believing his BS.

again you let that moron claim this country is being overtaken by illegal aliens but that is complete nonsense yet again. The man is a snake oil salesman stop believing his BS.

uh no its called living 42 years in southern california

I have had that stance for the last 30, when illegals took my lawn mowing jobs

Well, it seems that you wish to go pretty far afield of the topic, but I'll entertain it. Did you know that the Civil Rights Act was opposed by more Democrats than Republicans?

If you don't, you should revisit history. Not the version you've been fed.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/07/22/dinesh-dsouza-secret-history-democratic-party.html

So, while I appreciate the unmasking of every single racist to inflict themselves upon this Earth, it would be useful if you had the historical context correct, and perhaps point out to me exactly what in what Wallace said 63 years ago you lifted to indicate what was racist and what was not, because we do know that games have always been played with bills, perhaps to mislead people decades later into thinking something was true which was not - including that certain people were racist when they indeed may not have been.

Words - like specifically expressed by that LBJ quote I cite above - clearly indicate his racism. Do you have something you'd like to offer us that demonstrates that Wallace was equally racist? I know little about him, other than that he was a Democrat.

I'm a Democrat now? Great. Tell me more about myself! :doublethumbsup:

Cough STRAWMAN Cough. LOL

"President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense,"

-Donald Trump, 2013

That quote is very, very stupid.

Nailed it. :cheers:

Says the guy who spent the first few pages of this thread on a red herring about american flag bandanas. Just saying. :wave:

Says the guy who spent the first few pages of this thread on a red herring about american flag bandanas. Just saying. :wave:

Red herring to point out that someone complains about black people 'disrespecting the flag' but doesn't complain about white people also disrespecting it? Seems relevant to me when the issue is still deeply about race.

A friend sent me an email years ago asking if I'd sign his petition to force candidate Obama to release his birth certificate. I said sure, as soon as you send me a petition forcing McCain to do the same thing (McCain hadn't released his at the time). He never sent me that petition. Huh. I'll bet you don't see McCain's birth certificate as relevant to Obama's either.

America means different things to different citizens. Believe it or not, there are many Americans with an entirely different perspective on America that might not line up with yours due to a number of factors.

Simply saying "suck it up and show respect focker" is unAmerican.

You need to work on reading comprehension. I was talking about these rebellious athletes who are the ring-leaders of this movement. I said the only reason that Bennett has a job and Kaepernick doesn't is because Kaep sucks and Bennett is very good.

:facepalm:

I was trying to agree with you. There is no need to be nasty: my reading comprehension is quite good, thank you. I bolded where you said the exact same thing twice now. It is not the only reason, obviously; something you ceded when you expounded upon it and I then agreed.

Where did I call you anything, much less a Democrat? I identified George Wallace as a Democrat - because he was.

I don't need strawmen.

:facepalm:

I was trying to agree with you. There is no need to be nasty: my reading comprehension is quite good, thank you. I bolded where you said the exact same thing twice now. It is not the only reason, obviously; something you ceded when you expounded upon it and I then agreed.

You are one of those guys who love making long posts and listening to himself talk. This post is a great example. Just blubberish. You even have to ramble on and on when you claim to agree. Are you on a 100,000 words-per-day diet? You have to post a certain amount a day to get a sticker?