Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Jaron Brown

He's only 36% owned on CBS. Am I missing something here? Dude has solidified the #2 WR role on an offense with no running game and a good schedule vs the pass. I'm not saying he's going to be a stud, but respectable #3 WR at least, right?

• Like 1

I've picked him up in my PPR league. Fitz is still the #1, but John Brown can't stay healthy, and Jaron is getting a lot of work. (Sneaky play, since AZ can't run, might take a look at Ellington).

I think he's still available just based solely of his lack of production over the period of time he's been In the NFL.

Trust.

I tried to get him but I couldn't.

Like you say, because he is a WR3. I can right now go to my WW and there will be at least 5 WR3 waiting for me to pick up.

He has been consistent, that's the biggest thing you want out of your WR.

I picked him up last week. Didn't have my glasses on and I thought I was putting in for John Brown. He's in my starting lineup now.

• Like 1

He needs to 100% owned. He may not be super explosive but they like him and want to use him. He's constantly on the field. So far it looks like John brown and jj Nelson are splitting one role.

I just nabbed him and decided to flex him this week. He's flying under the radar of the fantasy community, and that will likely change after this week.

He's my dart throw this week. Had very little luck with my waiver grabs this yr.

He's my dart throw this week. Had very little luck with my waiver grabs this yr.

Dart throw? Do you look at numbers?

Last three weeks:

Jaron Brown: 29 targets, 14/205/1

Fitzgerald: 28 targets, 19/202/2

Dart throw? Do you look at numbers?

Last three weeks:

Jaron Brown: 29 targets, 14/205/1

Fitzgerald: 28 targets, 19/202/2

I get the point, but you've short changed Fitz's numbers. 26/276/2. Jaron is putting up good numbers but, still not quite like Fitz.

I get the point, but you've short changed Fitz's numbers. 26/276/2. Jaron is putting up good numbers but, still not quite like Fitz.

It doesnt matter in the big picture. Thread is more about brown than fitz. plus i think fitz petered out late the last couple years. i may be wrong.

Now Brown didn't play week one.

But the other three he did.

And he's out scored in ppr ff Fitz two of those three games.

Your joking right? Fitz cost drafters a mid round pick. Jaron is free and putting up similar numbers since week one.

Here's more if you dig deeper:

Jaron currently is tied for fifth in catches that have gone for 10 or more yards (14). This is especially impressive, considering he didn’t even record a catch in Week 1. Not surprisingly, Antonio Brown and Julio Jones(16) top this list, and Stefon Diggs and A.J. Green clock in right after with 15 such catches. So Brown is hanging in elite territory in this statistical showcase.

Your joking right? Fitz cost drafters a mid round pick. Jaron is free and putting up similar numbers since week one.

Here's more if you dig deeper:

Jaron currently is tied for fifth in catches that have gone for 10 or more yards (14). This is especially impressive, considering he didn’t even record a catch in Week 1. Not surprisingly, Antonio Brown and Julio Jones(16) top this list, and Stefon Diggs and A.J. Green clock in right after with 15 such catches. So Brown is hanging in elite territory in this statistical showcase.

You weren't talking about draft value.

You weren't talking about draft value.

Your right. I'm talking about similar production you can attain for free that equals a mid-round pick right now.

Dude it's not complicated. :doh:

Sorry dart throw meaning guy I picked up off waivers for nothing and am immediately starting

No problem.

Just saying if you look at the targets and snaps he's played, he wouldn't be just a dart throw, he would be a priority add.

Your right. I'm talking about similar production you can attain for free that equals a mid-round pick right now.

Dude it's not complicated. :doh:

When did I disagree with that? I just said his season stats aren't exactly even with Fitz.

It's not that complicated

He's playing a ton of snaps so far this year so that's good. But theguy has never done anything in four years in the league. I'm surprised he's even on an NFL roster with that limited of production. Was he a special teams guy or something?

When did I disagree with that? I just said his season stats aren't exactly even with Fitz.

It's not that complicated

sigh.....never-mind.

Now Brown didn't play week one.

But the other three he did.

And he's out scored in ppr ff Fitz two of those three games.

Jaron Brown started and played 55 offensive snaps in Week 1. He wasn't targeted.

Now to the larger point of this thread. Jaron Brown was blocked by a dude named Michael Floyd for most of his short career. John Brown is an obvious talent who can't stay on the field. J.J. Nelson is a speed merchant who should not be asked to play full-time with his size.

Speaking strictly for fantasy purposes, the reason we can buy into Jaron Brown is that he is a bigger outside receiver - unlike John Brown and Nelson - on an offense that is throwing 64 percent of the time right now. When you consider Arizona has run more plays than any other team in the league, volume shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Jaron Brown started and played 55 offensive snaps in Week 1. He wasn't targeted.

Now to the larger point of this thread. Jaron Brown was blocked by a dude named Michael Floyd for most of his short career. John Brown is an obvious talent who can't stay on the field. J.J. Nelson is a speed merchant who should be asked to play full-time with his size.

Speaking strictly for fantasy purposes, the reason we can buy into Jaron Brown is that he is a bigger outside receiver - unlike John Brown and Nelson - on an offense that is throwing 64 percent of the time right now. When you consider Arizona has run more plays than any other team in the league, volume shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for this. Hey, could you tell me why this guy hasn't done anything for 4 years? What are his deficiencies? Thanks again.

Zona was trying to groom Floyd to be in the role that Jaron now has. Our hint was them resigning Jaron after he went out for the year last year. Same season, they finally just dropped Michael Floyd.

The last few weeks may be our proof that they were serious about him as long as he's healthy and performing. Add in that Zona is throwing the ball a lot and there's just more opportunity. Larry is the underneath route. John/jj are the djax 'eat coverage'/deep shot play guys. The rb is the 'keep em honest' check-down. Things are looking good for Jaron. Get in on it just in-case it continues.

Remember when no one wanted to buy into Doug Baldwin fantasy-wise? He had been around for years, they said. He's nothing special, they said. How come he hasn't already been great, they asked. And then, it started happening for him. And folks won championships from it.

• Like 1

Zona was trying to groom Floyd to be in the role that Jaron now has. Our hint was them resigning Jaron after he went out for the year last year. Same season, they finally just dropped Michael Floyd.

The last few weeks may be our proof that they were serious about him as long as he's healthy and performing. Add in that Zona is throwing the ball a lot and there's just more opportunity. Larry is the underneath route. John/jj are the djax 'eat coverage'/deep shot play guys. The rb is the 'keep em honest' check-down. Things are looking good for Jaron. Get in on it just in-case it continues.

Remember when no one wanted to buy into Doug Baldwin fantasy-wise? He had been around for years, they said. He's nothing special, they said. How come he hasn't already been great, they asked. And then, it started happening for him. And folks won championships from it.

THIS!^^^

Thanks for this. Hey, could you tell me why this guy hasn't done anything for 4 years? What are his deficiencies? Thanks again.

Bradshaw threw for more INTs than TDs in his first five seasons. Alex Smith was awful his first handful of seasons. Priest Holmes was a backup for the Ravens who finally just let him go after what, three seasons?

he is finally healthy after 3 years.

on my radar, as a real deal.

Now getting over 90 percent snaps....targets rivaling Fitz.

Like I said not complicated.

he is finally healthy after 3 years.

on my radar, as a real deal.

He's been injured for three years!!!!!!! Yikes, what was wrong with him?

Now to the larger point of this thread. Jaron Brown was blocked by a dude named Michael Floyd for most of his short career. John Brown is an obvious talent who can't stay on the field. J.J. Nelson is a speed merchant who should be asked to play full-time with his size.

Thank you for that update and your reply.