Sign in to follow this  
BuschWack

What the hell happened to Doug Martin?

Winston is being shut down for at least 2 weeks per the head coach - source. SiriusXM Fantasy radio

Martin always seemed like a classic contract year player. 2020 he'll kill it.

I understand the connection on that, but Martin's essentially in a contract year every year until his contract is up in 2020 since nothing is guaranteed after this year.

His contract may say $6.75M in 2018 but no way the Bucs will pay that at his current production, so he should be acting as though this is a contract year if that really was his MO. And the same next year, and the same next year.

It's weird that he's not.

Winston is being shut down for at least 2 weeks per the head coach - source. SiriusXM Fantasy radio

Better late than never. Poor Andrew Luck.

he will still be available to act like an arse and start fights from the sideline, however.

:doublethumbsup:

At the end of the day, Winston is still the rational, mature man who jumped on a table in the cafeteria while shouting "f*ck her right in the p*ssy!"

• Like 1

I never said Brate was elite, but he is in the next rung below. He's not a part of the Kelce, Gronk, Ertz class, but after those guys, I wouldn't take anyone else over Brate. The guy is a red zone stud and has an extremely high catch rate.

Martin had two 1400 yard rushing seasons, but his total yardage those two seasons were around 1900 and 1700.

I think you're taking tremendous liberties by including teams like the Chargers, Rams, Vikings, KC, and Dallas, even Houston. I believe every one of those teams would have a better record if they switched their skill position talent with the Bucs.

I didn't say you said Brate was elite, to be clear. I was just saying where I rank him. Like I said, he's in with guys like Doyle, Hunter Henry, etc. Give him a good QB and he can do good things.

I don't think I'm taking liberties. Each of those teams is slightly different in balance, but about the same as the Bucs. The Vikes, for example, don't have one WR quite as good as Evans, but between Diggs and Theilen, they have two WRs who are as good as the combo of Evans and Jackson. Now they got Cook on IR, but the way he looked, combined with McKinnon, and those RBs are better than Martin. Look at YPC. And Rudolph is another guy in the same league as Brate imo. That's what I'm talking about.

I didn't say you said Brate was elite, to be clear. I was just saying where I rank him. Like I said, he's in with guys like Doyle, Hunter Henry, etc. Give him a good QB and he can do good things.

I don't think I'm taking liberties. Each of those teams is slightly different in balance, but about the same as the Bucs. The Vikes, for example, don't have one WR quite as good as Evans, but between Diggs and Theilen, they have two WRs who are as good as the combo of Evans and Jackson. Now they got Cook on IR, but the way he looked, combined with McKinnon, and those RBs are better than Martin. Look at YPC. And Rudolph is another guy in the same league as Brate imo. That's what I'm talking about.

That's fine, I just don't agree. Those teams have talent, for sure, but I believe the talent that Tampa has at the skilled positions is elite, as in top 2 or 3.

That's fine, I just don't agree. Those teams have talent, for sure, but I believe the talent that Tampa has at the skilled positions is elite, as in top 2 or 3.

Yeah, no worries :) I'll agree it would be hard to find teams clearly 'a lot better' in that way.

Where is the Tampa Bay dude that posts all the time?

He was saying before season that no team in he NFL would be able to stay with the Bucs this year. :shocking:

Right here!

This team is a complete mystery.

Props for coming back in an owning it..

:thumbsup:

Props for coming back in an owning it..

:thumbsup:

He didn't own anything, he came up with a few scenarious to justify his call in a who shot john way.

At the end of the day, Winston is still the rational, mature man who jumped on a table in the cafeteria while shouting "f*ck her right in the p*ssy!"

I thought he did that out on a street corner...or was that the BB gun incident?

I think it's piss poor that he only has 5 receptions so far this year. He's got 3 down back talent but I don't think TB realizes it.

• Like 1

I thought he did that out on a street corner...or was that the BB gun incident?

If you want to see an amazing video, you need to look up his pre game pump up speech from this week. Sucking on his fingers asking his teammates if they want to "eat a W". They just stare at him like he's insane. Hilarious.

Doug Martin is a product of the most predictable playcalling in the NFL, where 90% of the time you know that a running play is coming and the defense will completely sell out to stop it, and poor run blocking to boot.

I have watched a ton of Bucs games. The kid is really talented. Hes just on a team with a coach that has no idea what hes doing. Not saying that he will necessarily do anything ROS, but I cant blame Martin for his lack of success.

As far as Jameis goes, the dude is a buffoon that was overrated since college. His accuracy is subpar. He takes too many dumb risks. And he probably spends more time coming up with pregame pep talks than actually studying film on defenses. Ive said since day one that Mariota was the obvious draft pick and Ill continue to shout it.

He didn't own anything, he came up with a few scenarious to justify his call in a who shot john way.

I don't know what I'm supposed to own up to. I said that the Bucs have the talent to be a top 5 offense. I said that Martin, Evans, and Winston have the talent and potential to be near the top of their respective positions. I still believe they do. Does it look like they're going to this year? No, but it doesn't mean they don't have that talent and potential.

• Like 1

I not think this i could see Martin near the top of the Rb chart.

He can't stay on the field long enough over his NFL playing career too have me rank him that high.

He's only had one really great season and one really good one in his six NFL seasons.

I do discount for injuries.

Discount if you would like.

This guy can never seem to stay healthy.

But when he does stay fully healthy and his line is creating holes...this guy is a stud.

Buyer beware and you don't want to be the last one holding the bag.

I don't know what I'm supposed to own up to. I said that the Bucs have the talent to be a top 5 offense. I said that Martin, Evans, and Winston have the talent and potential to be near the top of their respective positions. I still believe they do. Does it look like they're going to this year? No, but it doesn't mean they don't have that talent and potential.

I think the problem here is that many dont know what talent means (or they do know it and ignore it)

Talent is the word that describes what you can accomplish if you achieve 100% of your potential as a player.

That being said, Talent is useless without Heart, effort, and knowledge.

some of the most talented people dont make it not because of their lack of talent, but because they dont care (no heart) or they dont try hard, or they think they know it all and are too arrogant to learn (or dont care to put in the effort to learn) or cannot learn from the coach for whatever reason(sometimes that is the coaches fault, sometimes it is the players fault)

some dont achieve their potential because of addictions or personal problems as well.

I agree, the Bucs are among the most talented offenses in the league at the skill positions.

but something is missing there.

they could use a better line, but I also think they could use better effort (and better coaching)

Four of his six NFL seasons he's avg less then 3.8' yards per rush.

And after five games he's played in this season, he has still scored less points then D Cook of the Vikings who played in only four games.

I don't see a top tier Rb.

Four of his six NFL seasons he's avg less then 3.8' yards per rush.

And after five games he's played in this season, he has still scored less points then D Cook of the Vikings who played in only four games.

I don't see a top tier Rb.

I don't see how a post like this doesn't close the book on this thread....not much more to say than this. Good research.

Situations have to account for something. Aka a bad enough situation can tank anybody...especially a rock solid rb (when healthy). Hes always been an up and down player...even in his good years. But thats mainly because Tampa has been mostly horrible the whole time hes been there. A bad hammy and a freak elbow injury screwed him out of 2 seasons. The 3rd year is the one Ill slag him for the most. Thats the one where he seemed out of shape or something bad was up with him specifically.

Hes a bad Ray Rice clone. Hes worth taking flyers on...even right now. Hes not worth placing your whole season on him being great.

There was another Doug Martin thread running around here where I said he was a bust, and somebody tried to justify "well, you got him as a 7th round pick, what did you expect?" or some crap like that. He fell because he was suspended, not because of his perceived talent, which at this point is just .7 pts more than I scored last week in fantasy football. He's worthless.

He's not a bust. I've seen him play this year. Game script, playcalling and Bucs offense (QB and o-line is holding him back).