Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

College football playoffs

Dear baby jeebus, please let Clemson win this game. I can't take two SEC teams in the final. Thank you. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dear baby jeebus, please let Clemson win this game. I can't take two SEC teams in the final. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Yes...PLEASE

Great game. sucky ending

Stoops should have dropkicked a few coaches. The turtled up at the end.

Great game. sucky ending

Pretty much the only thing I like better in the NFL is their overtime rule.

The college football overtime is stupid and gimmicky.

What could have been for Auburn. They beat both of the championship game teams and lost to Clemson by 8 on the road with their best player out and their QB not yet experienced with the system.

What could have been for Auburn. They beat both of the championship game teams and lost to Clemson by 8 on the road with their best player out and their QB not yet experienced with the system.

Didn't they lose to a team out of Orlando?

Pretty much the only thing I like better in the NFL is their overtime rule.

The college football overtime is stupid and gimmicky.

I actually like their OT rule. It is better than what they do at HS and lower where they start the drives at the 10. You really need to focus in on your calls because you may not get another series.

Didn't they lose to a team out of Orlando?

You mean the undefeated team, who beat the team that beat a team playing for the fake championship? What a farce.

Bama defense back to healthy - bad news for the Bulldogs.

Bama rolls in the Championship game.

if I'd have bet, I'd have picked Oklahoma and Clemson

I actually like their OT rule. It is better than what they do at HS and lower where they start the drives at the 10. You really need to focus in on your calls because you may not get another series.

Like how oklahoma called 3 straight runs when they got a chance to win the game. When they have a Heismen QB.

Like how oklahoma called 3 straight runs when they got a chance to win the game. When they have a Heismen QB.

Exactly. It was interesting to watch ESPN2 because they had a group of 6 college coaches commenting on the game and what plays they would run or what was going to happen based on formation. They were all trying to figure out why "6" wasn't throwing the ball or looking to make plays.

WTF MAN!!!!!!

I thought Andy Reid was coaching Oklahoma

I started questioning whether the game was fixed. Why the fock do you take the ball out of your best player's hand?

I started questioning whether the game was fixed. Why the fock do you take the ball out of your best player's hand?

Believe it or not, this brain dead strategy actually has a name - it's commonly referred to now as "Jason Garrett Syndrome."

It makes it even more pathetic in that format. GA kicks a FG. Baker gets the ball at the 25 and all he has to do is get into the endzone. And they didn't even go for it.

May speak volumes about Baker. I mean I would have used him but maybe the coaches aren't as in love with him as the media.

QB is a total crapshoot for the draft. But I am not sure on Baker. I'd probably only take him if he falls to he back 3rd of the 1st. Big 12 QBs are not my thing.

It makes it even more pathetic in that format. GA kicks a FG. Baker gets the ball at the 25 and all he has to do is get into the endzone. And they didn't even go for it.

May speak volumes about Baker. I mean I would have used him but maybe the coaches aren't as in love with him as the media.

QB is a total crapshoot for the draft. But I am not sure on Baker. I'd probably only take him if he falls to he back 3rd of the 1st. Big 12 QBs are not my thing.

That was my takeaway as well. I didn't see Mayfield play this year, but I was not blown away by his performance last night. He missed a lot of throws...Not that I expect Brady/Rodgers/Brees caliber throws at the college level, but I was not impressed. The most telling thing to me was the fact that the coaches DIDN'T put the ball in his hands to go win the game.

That was my takeaway as well. I didn't see Mayfield play this year, but I was not blown away by his performance last night. He missed a lot of throws...Not that I expect Brady/Rodgers/Brees caliber throws at the college level, but I was not impressed. The most telling thing to me was the fact that the coaches DIDN'T put the ball in his hands to go win the game.

Meh, what I saw was the opposite, Mayfield making the coaches look good. I didn't see anything from a scheme standpoint. It was "make something happen Baker". Sort of the Seahawk offense. If Oklahoma is in the final four next year I'll quit the board.

Meh, what I saw was the opposite, Mayfield making the coaches look good. I didn't see anything from a scheme standpoint. It was "make something happen Baker". Sort of the Seahawk offense. If Oklahoma is in the final four next year I'll quit the board.

I think he had an up and down game. Made some nice throws. Missed throws. Didn't exactly seem to have the IT factor that we saw with D. Watson.

And I heard a good points this AM. Baker isn't that athletic. I mean he can move a little. But at 6 foot you expect a guy who can avoid guys. Wilson and Tyrod Taylor run out of so many hits and sacks even behind bad lines. If Baker doesn't have a great line he isn't athletic enough to make those plays. People act like Baker is this duel threat. He was a walk on. He isn't an elite athlete. Not near as good athletically as Johnny Manziel. He will probably run a 4.7 to 4.8 40 time.

There is a distinct difference in college to NFL QB play in my eyes. You can be a great college QB who makes all the throws required, and make some runs and get people pumped up. But that doesn't always transfer to the NFL. Not sure if his "leadership" is right for the NFL. I'd rather not have my QB so emotional all the time. You can play a great game or have a great stretch on emotion. But hard to go through a whole NFL year playing with so much emotion as a QB. You will run into so many mistakes.

Brady, Rodgers, Brees all fairly even keel sort of guys on the field. Manning was even keel.

Mayfield will not be a good NFL QB

he'd be a hell of a cheerleader though

• Like 1

I think he had an up and down game. Made some nice throws. Missed throws. Didn't exactly seem to have the IT factor that we saw with D. Watson.

And I heard a good points this AM. Baker isn't that athletic. I mean he can move a little. But at 6 foot you expect a guy who can avoid guys. Wilson and Tyrod Taylor run out of so many hits and sacks even behind bad lines. If Baker doesn't have a great line he isn't athletic enough to make those plays. People act like Baker is this duel threat. He was a walk on. He isn't an elite athlete. Not near as good athletically as Johnny Manziel. He will probably run a 4.7 to 4.8 40 time.

There is a distinct difference in college to NFL QB play in my eyes. You can be a great college QB who makes all the throws required, and make some runs and get people pumped up. But that doesn't always transfer to the NFL. Not sure if his "leadership" is right for the NFL. I'd rather not have my QB so emotional all the time. You can play a great game or have a great stretch on emotion. But hard to go through a whole NFL year playing with so much emotion as a QB. You will run into so many mistakes.

Brady, Rodgers, Brees all fairly even keel sort of guys on the field. Manning was even keel.

Im a lifelong OU fan, but I dont care for his attitude and I have doubts about his abilities translating to the NFL.

I envision a Tebow type career for Mayfield.

Mayfield will not be a good NFL QB

he'd be a hell of a cheerleader though

I wouldnt be so sure about the cheerleader call, unless it is for the Pats. He is just too emotional when he loses.

Don't get me wrong I would rather have a bit of a Rah Rah guy than a guy who can't command the huddle like Trubisky.

Im a lifelong OU fan, but I dont care for his attitude and I have doubts about his abilities translating to the NFL.

I envision a Tebow type career for Mayfield.

So you are suggesting Baker play left field for low A ball team in Mets organization??

:bench:

Clemson to the pit of misery! They sucked it up last night. Alabama came through their line at will

Don't get me wrong I would rather have a bit of a Rah Rah guy than a guy who can't command the huddle like Trubisky.

Other than Ryan Pace, who in america thought that was a good pick?

So you are suggesting Baker play left field for low A ball team in Mets organization??

:bench:

Sure. If he can make it that far.

Wondering how Michigan fared in this whole thing. Certainly Harbaugh has them in the playoff by now, right?

Wondering how Michigan fared in this whole thing. Certainly Harbaugh has them in the playoff by now, right?

Ugh... my wife went to Michigan, and her mom is a maniacal fan. MIL lives in Vero, and my BIL got her (and him and his son) tickets to the Outback Bowl and drove to Tampa for the game. Apparently it was crazy cold as well which didn't enhance the experience, but more importantly, I can't believe Michigan choked like that. Amari Toomer called Harbaugh out recently, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I know they were on like their 5th QB at points this season, but this is not turning out to be the dynasty as expected. I don't have a dog in this fight other than happy wife, happy life. :(