Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

I've got the urge to GM an online RPG game and you guys are invited

You guys may (or may not) know I was a D&D geek as a kid, well, what you didn't know is for the last year, I've gotten back into it online. And we talked before, I know I'm not the only one. . I got hooked on the Game of Thrones TV show, then the books, then found out there was an RPG game based on the setting....

So, for over a year now, I've been playing RPG online at a site called roll20.com . Sadly, most people there can't GM for sh*t. I've been in over a dozen games now and the only one that's lasted is the one I founded as GM on my first day there. I've handed that game off and now participate as a player.

What I'm talking about is essentially the same thing as Dungeons and Dragons but a different game system. The setting will be Westeros of Game of Thrones fame and the system I'll be running is ASoIaF RPG. No worries, I can teach you.

Anyway, I'm looking for 5-6 people. I could fill it a group at that roll20 site with people I don't know, but I'd prefer to fill it with as many geeks from here as want in and if I don't think we got enough, I can round it off over there.

Games'd be a weekday evening stateside. I'm thinking Wednesday but whenever. It's convenient since I work evenings (and weekends) in China so my mornings are free to go with your evenings.

I was a DnD nerd, i can still calculate thac0 and rolling saves, but I do not have time for a weekly commitment.

Best of luck.

This is going about as I expected. It's OK, before posting, I put on my thick skin +3 vs trolls.

This is going about as I expected. It's OK, before posting, I put on my thick skin +3 vs trolls.

:doublethumbsup:

Volty - a number of us did this about 10 years ago. wait more like 12, 13 years ago.

I think at the max we had, 6, 7 people.

Jvirne was one

Brinett9 was another

we decided against conventional role playing and we all bought and played this together.

a bunch of us ended up playing Guild Wars when it was released. We spent way more time together playing that

:D

Publicly, I point and make fun of you folks.

Privately, kind of sad I never got to enjoy this type of gaming as a kid.

Jvirne was one

Brinett9 was another

Two of my very favorite posters. I miss them.

Two of my very favorite posters. I miss them.

:thumbsup:

Brinett9 was like fine china, then he got broke.

I've never been into D&D and don't want to participate but if you recorded/streamed this, it would be must watch TV.

I've never been into D&D and don't want to participate but if you recorded/streamed this, it would be must watch TV.

:thumbsup:

Nerdcast

Id be interested!

One!

I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman.

I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman.

Rhinoceros' don't play games... they charge your ass.

• Like 1

Never played D&D or any games like that except for video games. I do like RPGs but like I said they were on consoles like NES, SNES, Xbox, PlayStation, etc. How about a little overview of the game play

Never played D&D or any games like that except for video games. I do like RPGs but like I said they were on consoles like NES, SNES, Xbox, PlayStation, etc. How about a little overview of the game play

you like fantasy and make believe? :o

• Like 1

So far it's Volty and du jour in a dungeon. There are whips and chains on the dampened walls. The smell of a honey mead wine emanates from the drunken lips of the dungeon master. The sound of dripping water and then a faint unzipping of trousers followed by du jour asking Volty if they actually had zippers back then.

you like fantasy and make believe? :o

My gaming collection is a variety of stuff. Ranging from Madden and The Show to Call of Duty to Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, and Elder Scrolls. I just dont do board games like that

So far it's Volty and du jour in a dungeon. There are whips and chains on the dampened walls. The smell of a honey mead wine emanates from the drunken lips of the dungeon master. The sound of dripping water and then a faint unzipping of trousers followed by du jour asking Volty if they actually had zippers back then.

:first:

You get to make up an alias along with an imaginary occupation, back story and powers.

• Like 2

I would do it, but honestly I would just rather pick a game and start and play as a group, that way if people can make it great, if not the game is there for those who did

I personally am playing an Asheron's Call emulator right now

You get to make up an alias along with an imaginary occupation, back story and powers.

So...basically your life essentially?

So...basically your life essentially?

I dont lie about my occupation, Doc.

You both need to roll d20s before getting into a slap fight. One to attack and one for a savings throw.

Post your results back here and I will let you know if you can ruin this thread.

You both need to roll d20s before getting into a slap fight. One to attack and one for a savings throw.

Post your results back here and I will let you know if you can ruin this thread.

Isnt 1 like the worst possible roll you can do which causes all kinds of flocked up stuff to happen? Had a guy in college who played stuff like this all the time at school.

as a half giant, I have plus 5 saving throw vs fairies, so that makes me a huge favorite vs MDC

• Like 1

as a half giant, I have plus 5 saving throw vs fairies, so that makes me a huge favorite vs MDC

:lol:

Joke is on you: I am really a troll.