Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

I've got the urge to GM an online RPG game and you guys are invited

real geek alert, did you have that saved to your hotbar?

Google, I am a fake nerd I have not rolled a d20 in almost 2 decades.

Google, I am a fake nerd I have not rolled a d20 in almost 2 decades.

Do you know how many times since 1985, I wish I a set of DnD dice?

more than 10

I played when I was young, but lost interest in the whole genre. Not sure how it works, but I think youll have a hard time coordinating a time to play, especially given your time zone relative to the US.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, might I suggest an alternative game? There is an iOS app called Agricola. Its a multiplayer game which can be played online over weeks if necessary. Each turn only takes a few seconds to minute or two and can be played at your convenience. There is a bit of a learning curve, but the app has an excellent tutorial. Granted, this isnt an RPG or shooting/war game like most people seem to be playing, but I think the complexity rivals chess if youre into that sort of thing.

I played when I was young, but lost interest in the whole genre. Not sure how it works, but I think youll have a hard time coordinating a time to play, especially given your time zone relative to the US.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, might I suggest an alternative game? There is an iOS app called Agricola. Its a multiplayer game which can be played online over weeks if necessary. Each turn only takes a few seconds to minute or two and can be played at your convenience. There is a bit of a learning curve, but the app has an excellent tutorial. Granted, this isnt an RPG or shooting/war game like most people seem to be playing, but I think the complexity rivals chess if youre into that sort of thing.

costs 6.99

what do you think we are? RICH!?

:doublethumbsup:

Volty - a number of us did this about 10 years ago. wait more like 12, 13 years ago.

I think at the max we had, 6, 7 people.

Jvirne was one

Brinett9 was another

we decided against conventional role playing and we all bought and played this together.

a bunch of us ended up playing Guild Wars when it was released. We spent way more time together playing that

Intrepid Dorks!!

:thumbsup:

GFB never playing D&D...

When posty was a kid, he use to microwave cats for fun.

When posty was a kid, he use to microwave cats for fun.

Microwave probably wasn't even invented yet. He pulled the cats whiskers out for fun.

yep out, dunno what kinda money they make in Hawaii, but in the States we play only free mobile apps with in game purchases

My wife sometimes says “in the states”; drives me crazy. We’re in the states dammit!

My wife sometimes says “in the states”; drives me crazy. We’re in the states dammit!

no Hawaiian I know considers themselves part of the states, I have a lot of family over there, if you know the history of some of the islands, Rex Hitchcock https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Rexford_Hitchcock

is my ancenstor

GFB never playing D&D...

Same guy that loves FANTASY baseball? :wacko:

get a grip dude.

:first:

It's like bloodninja gone bad

I bet this guy recently anally raped 2 burglars for 5 days

Bump, see if I can get more than one.

i thought this was going to end up as a long winded post similar to all the times Volty trumpets how he was the be all end all of IBL GM's. :lol: ;)

I played World of Warcraft for a few years a while back :dunno:. The PC game not the card game that i've been told exists. That's the extent of my nerdy gaming knowledge / abilities. ( you know, besides fantasy sports :mellow: )

i thought this was going to end up as a long winded post similar to all the times Volty trumpets how he was the be all end all of IBL GM's. :lol: ;)

I played World of Warcraft for a few years a while back :dunno:. The PC game not the card game that i've been told exists. That's the extent of my nerdy gaming knowledge / abilities. ( you know, besides fantasy sports :mellow: )

Saving the 60s music draft, coming up with the IBL concept and teaching it to 35 other people in year one, being one of the few people at roll20 who can found a game that lasts for over a year, setting up the history draft, catching a cheater in Bill's Megatooth contest or picking up on vote rigging in the 80s draft voting ... It's all various aspects and iterations of the same thing. Don't get me started.

• Like 1

Volty is a FFT national treasure, we are lucky to have him

• Like 1

Saving the 60s music draft, coming up with the IBL concept and teaching it to 35 other people in year one, being one of the few people at roll20 who can found a game that lasts for over a year, setting up the history draft, catching a cheater in Bill's Megatooth contest or picking up on vote rigging in the 80s draft voting ... It's all various aspects and iterations of the same thing. Don't get me started.

One of the few instances where jerking oneself off in front of everyone is completely warranted

lol we MMO players that do fantasy sports are considered Geek/Jock Hybrids

I think you mean Geek/Nerd hybrid

I was about to respond loser/basement dweller hybrid, but your way is more polite.

lol we MMO players that do fantasy sports are considered Geek/Jock Hybrids

I had no clue what MMO meant before I played that game. At first I was like Im not playing your weird Elf game, can we just play some Madden?... Started out playing with 3-4 people I knew and ended up playing with guys and girls from miami, richmond, DC, NYC. Few of us met up and went out bar hopping in the city. Completely normal dudes and even 2 attractive girls. We were all 21-26ish. I still keep in touch with 2 or 3 people I met through the game. One of my friends went down to Miami and partied with those people. That miami crew was 4 or 5 military/firefighters. One guy who I met through the game was the brother of my best friends friend from high school :lol: Probably never would have met him any other way but now I've gotten drunk with his family at a bbq at his parents house, met his sisters and my best friend and I will be at his wedding next year. :dunno:

It sounds weird but its not really when you think about it. People on this board have met up and become friends i think.

I don't think I ever played any other MMO. Wait, I played a game called the Division on xbox. that's probably an MMO.

I was a D & D nerd as well, when I was 8

Hell yah. I had that on my Intellivision.

I have no idea how it could be done tho

It's for sure going to go, I'll have to fill it with roll20 people. Sadly the only person from here to join will be you unless somebody else comes forward.

I was a D&D dork when I was 12-14 or so and later continued to play Champions and other systems into college.

I know thats going to be shocking to most of you guys. ;)

I just dont have the time for that kind of thing anymore but I hope you get it set up Volti.

It's for sure going to go, I'll have to fill it with roll20 people. Sadly the only person from here to join will be you unless somebody else comes forward.

I have never played D&D before and would be clueless. I just watched a Roll20 YouTube vid to get an idea what it's about. Out of curiosity, do the game board environments come pre loaded on the site or do you as master need to create them yourself? Also, it's like Skype during the game play?