Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

DIVORCE

So what possessions did you take with you when you divorced?

A few pieces of furniture. One cat. Don't remember who got the houseware, but I also don't recall her making a stink about small stuff.

We split the proceeds from selling our house. The only thing we contested was her car, a new Infiniti G35 which I had paid 20K towards (geeks always buy outright). After some civil discussion, she paid me the entire sum.

And she gave me her wedding ring, which I promptly threw in Kilauea, an active volcano.

A few pieces of furniture. One cat. Don't remember who got the houseware, but I also don't recall her making a stink about small stuff.

We split the proceeds from selling our house. The only thing we contested was her car, a new Infiniti G35 which I had paid 20K towards (geeks always buy outright). After some civil discussion, she paid me the entire sum.

And she gave me her wedding ring, which I promptly threw in Kilauea, an active volcano.

Wow. She must have really upgraded.

Wow. She must have really upgraded.

I know you're just saying this to be a d!ck, but I think she and the guy with whom she ended up are a better match. Same goes for me and my second wife.

So don't lose hope. One of these days, you may even find your douchey doppelgänger :thumbsup:

I know you're just saying this to be a d!ck, but I think she and the guy with whom she ended up are a better match. Same goes for me and my second wife.

So don't lose hope. One of the days, you may even find your douchey doppelgänger :thumbsup:

I don't think you're using that word properly, but I get it. Anyway, a question about something you actually know about: What vitamin/supplements would you recommend for a healthy (knock wood) 51 year old? Trying to keep it that way. There are so many I don't know what's what. Thanks

I don't think you're using that word properly, but I get it. Anyway, a question about something you actually know about: What vitamin/supplements would you recommend for a healthy (knock wood) 51 year old? Trying to keep it that way. There are so many I don't know what's what. Thanks

Something he knows about? Medicine and health are like in the top 5 things he is most clueless about. If hes a doctor living in Hawaii, Im John Wayne.

Something he knows about? Medicine and health are like in the top 5 things he is most clueless about. If hes a doctor, Im John Wayne.

I think he's a doctor and sounds like a pretty good one. Sure he wears an ascot but I'm willing to overlook that. You're thinking of Digby maybe?

Yeah, I forced it a bit for alliterative effect.

If you are healthy and eat a balanced diet, you probably don't need any supplements. Maybe a multivitamin if your diet sucks. The only other ones I'd consider are fish oil and vitamin D.

Yeah, I forced it a bit for alliterative effect.

If you are healthy and eat a balanced diet, you probably don't need any supplements. Maybe a multivitamin if your diet sucks. The only other ones I'd consider are fish oil and vitamin D.

Very good. Thanks.

I think he's a doctor and sounds like a pretty good one. Sure he wears an ascot but I'm willing to overlook that. You're thinking of Digby maybe?

No, he likes to drone on about my incompetency, because I've typed too many things that disagree with his common sense (read: not remotely evidence-based) worldview.

Til I see a medical license (which is not something private, people can request to see it) he’s not a doctor. Continually displays oof-worthy medical knowledge below even Digbys. This is just my opinion, honestly I think I’m his only skeptic. His calm, mature demeanor and tendency to not take trolling bait have people fooled.

Til I see a medical license (which is not something private, people can request to see it) he’s not a doctor. Continually displays oof-worthy medical knowledge below even Digbys. This is just my opinion, honestly I think I’m his only skeptic. His calm, mature demeanor and tendency to not take trolling bait have people fooled.

Young fella, if you’re lookin for trouble. I’ll accommodate you. Otherwise, leave it alone.

All that jizz you swallow at the truck stop gets you plenty of protein, so youre good :thumbsup:

Til I see a medical license (which is not something private, people can request to see it) hes not a doctor. Continually displays oof-worthy medical knowledge below even Digbys. This is just my opinion, honestly I think Im his only skeptic. His calm, mature demeanor and tendency to not take trolling bait have people fooled.

I think youre way off base on this one.

I took no furniture - dumb

I took no household stuff - dumb

I took no car - dumb

And I let her keep the stupid ring I paid $8K for - also dumb.

I made those decisions with an enorion instead of with logic. In retrospect, that was the wrong thing to do.

I was pissed. I wanted to be gone, and I never wanted to see her again. Didnt even take a single photo.

I took no furniture - dumb

I took no household stuff - dumb

I took no car - dumb

And I let her keep the stupid ring I paid $8K for - also dumb.

I made those decisions with an enorion instead of with logic. In retrospect, that was the wrong thing to do.

I was pissed. I wanted to be gone, and I never wanted to see her again. Didnt even take a single photo.

Isn't the ring hers though?

I think youre way off base on this one.

Hence why I speculated Im his only skeptic. Patients have a right to request medical licenses and he gives medical advice on here which imo makes my request to see his reasonable. He denied this request a year or two ago, so my skepticism stands. Its my thing, Im not expecting others to jump on board or agree. One day Ill either have him dead to rights on the lie or verify a medical license and it will be settled.

If it were me and someone was questioning my professionalism Id happily provide my medical license to be verified. Again, Im not asking for top secret privateinformation. Medical licenses are able to be looked up and verified online by the public. He could easily PM it to me for me to verify if he didnt want to post it piblicly (no reason not to, its public record.).

Hence why I speculated Im his only skeptic. Patients have a right to request medical licenses and he gives medical advice on here which imo makes my request to see his reasonable. He denied this request a year or two ago, so my skepticism stands. Its my thing, Im not expecting others to jump on board or agree. One day Ill either have him dead to rights on the lie or verify a medical license and it will be settled.

If it were me and someone was questioning my professionalism Id happily provide my medical license to be verified. Again, Im not asking for top secret privateinformation. Medical licenses are able to be looked up and verified online by the public. He could easily PM it to me for me to verify if he didnt want to post it piblicly (no reason not to, its public record.).

Maybe he doesnt want you creeping on him once you learn his real name? :dunno:

Maybe he doesnt want you creeping on him once you learn his real name? :dunno:

I already know his name (first, still need last) and what island he works on supposedly. Info gleaned from various posts over the years. I would never let some smarmy prik on a forum like me question my profession, Id have no problems letting him verify me.

I already know his name (first, still need last) and what island he works on supposedly. Info gleaned from various posts over the years. I would never let some smarmy prik on a forum like me question my profession, Id have no problems letting him verify me.

If you know my first name and where I work. Should be easy peasy to find my license.

And for the record, I don’t care if you believe I’m a doctor. My privacy is worth more than internet affirmation.

If you know my first name and where I work. Should be easy peasy to find my license.

And for the record, I dont care if you believe Im a doctor. My privacy is worth more than internet affirmation.

Exactly what Id expect you to say. I cant find with just a first name, there are multiple others with that name, I cant narrow it down (an educated doctor would understand this simple logic.). The privacy argument is weak, its the GC, not the Russian mafia. You arent Batman, its inconsequential to you if I verify your medical license.

Like I said, shoe on the other foot Id have zero hesitation providing you with credentials.

Exactly what Id expect you to say. I cant find with just a first name, there are multiple others with that name, I cant narrow it down (an educated doctor would understand this simple logic.). The privacy argument is weak, its the GC, not the Russian mafia. You arent Batman, its inconsequential to you if I verify your medical license.

Like I said, shoe on the other foot Id have zero hesitation providing you with credentials.

Your detective skills are terrible then.

I'm about to fawking Pennie this thread. You two are worse than me and wifey. Enough already!!!

Your detective skills are terrible then.

No, I just dont have the information to accurately solve the case. Lets pretend your name is Larry and you live in Maui...Ok, I look up doctors in Maui and there are 5 doctors named Larry. How does that help me confirm who you are when I dont know your last name? Even if you told me your last name, that doesnt verify its you. You know a doctor named Larry Smith, you tell me its Smith so I look up Larry Smith and verify his license. Ok, that doesnt confirm its you. If you gave me your medical license, I would trust that it was yours, then Id simply match it to your first name.

My detective skills are excellent. I have you narrowed down to a short-ish list. However its Impossible to verify further with any degree of certainty.

I'm about to fawking Pennie this thread. You two are worse than me and wifey. Enough already!!!

Your thread did get pretty majorly hijacked.

Why dont you tell us more about the problem and why its irreconcilable?

My detective skills are excellent.

You vastly overestimate yourself.

Agreed. tanatastic is creepy stalker guy. Penny is absolutely a doctor.

Bunny, what was the final straw? :cheers:

did some dude buy her crayfish?

• Like 2

did some dude buy her crayfish?

:D

Good point though; she may not have liked Bunny buying some random flirty chick crawfish and then beating up her boyfriend. :dunno:

i kid, but these things become a nasty spiral. chicken/egg.

Only daughter is graduating HS in twenty days. Looks like we both were waiting for this. Have had many problems. Let's both get through this and decide after. Between my fathers passing two years ago, her job, my company, our company, our lifestyles, possibilities of facing her and fathers passing, my mothers dementia problems, relatives on my side stealing money from my mom after I was stripped of POA from her. It's a clusterfuck beyond belief.

The hits keep coming. And I'm not in the game of complaining. It could be much fawking worse. Much worse. But the stress is taking its toll, all at once.

So, in a nutshell, we are on opposite ends trying to convince the other that we are still in love, care deeply, but sh!t isn't working today.

Her sister isn't helping matters either. Divorced three times, lived with another since I've known her. 32 year old daughter that has relationship problems. SIL is giving bad advice imo.

I'm done for tonight.

:cheers:

Only daughter is graduating HS in twenty days. Looks like we both were waiting for this. Have had many problems. Let's both get through this and decide after. Between my fathers passing two years ago, her job, my company, our company, our lifestyles, possibilities of facing her and fathers passing, my mothers dementia problems, relatives on my side stealing money from my mom after I was stripped of POA from her. It's a clusterfuck beyond belief.

The hits keep coming. And I'm not in the game of complaining. It could be much fawking worse. Much worse. But the stress is taking its toll, all at once.

So, in a nutshell, we are on opposite ends trying to convince the other that we are still in love, care deeply, but sh!t isn't working today.

Her sister isn't helping matters either. Divorced three times, lived with another since I've known her. 32 year old daughter that has relationship problems. SIL is giving bad advice imo.

I'm done for tonight.

:cheers:

For me, there was no clear incident that made my decision. We had had problems since almost the very beginning.

Was always unhappy, but always felt that if we could just get a run of decent luck, if there would quit always being big nasty problems, we could work on it and fix it.

But finally one day, I just got sick of it, and the balance turned. I went from loving her and sometimes hating her to just not giving a fock anymore. Hate means you still care. Indifference is when it is dead.

In hindsight, I should have walked long sooner. And my thought process was flawed. If it wasnt good when things were bad, who cares if things are good when things are good? Its easy to make a relationship work when things are good. Its the tough times that show you what you really have.

I have found it focked me up a little too. About a year ago, the fiancée was trying to get hired on at my school. Something happened that wasnt really my fault that put that in jeopardy. I instinctively went into apologize mode, as with my ex, every single little thing was always my fault. She loved the blame, make you feel worthless game. Gave her power over me.

My fiancée was like... no worries. Its not your fault. Quit apologizing. We will find something else.

So back to you... it certainly doesnt sound like you are in the indifference Fock her phase yet. I dont know where she is. Sounds like if both of you really want it, it could be worked on.

I venture to guess that would involve some major changes, probably on both of your part. Have to decide if you want it badly enough.

• Like 1

Its funny, I have some friends that are good divorce lawyers. They all say the same thing. When a new client comes in the door they say Im happy to do whatever you want but I would really strongly suggest that you guys work together and resolve this through a quick mediation.

Its against the attorneys own financial interest because a protracted divorce fighting about everything down to the potted plant equals a sh1t ton of legal fees. But like I said, they are good and ethical attorneys (yes they do exist) and in good conscience they try to dissuade their clients from that path.

But nobody ever listens. They might say yes at first but then as soon as the b1tch wants the desk that was in YOUR OFFICE for years and years, by god that cannot stand!! Well I want the focking bedroom set then; all of it! And how come shes getting one more holiday than me with the kids while were at it??! :mad: Next thing you know theyve each spent 30 grand or more just to beat each other up and end up worse off.

So yeah, maybe try to avoid that if you can. Be prepared to concede on some relatively meaningless sh1t if thats what it takes.

Good post :thumbsup:

You vastly overestimate yourself.

I have a track record of expertly uncovering truths and exposing falsehoods. If I overestimate myself, it’s only slightly, not vastly.

Its funny, I have some friends that are good divorce lawyers. They all say the same thing. When a new client comes in the door they say Im happy to do whatever you want but I would really strongly suggest that you guys work together and resolve this through a quick mediation.

Its against the attorneys own financial interest because a protracted divorce fighting about everything down to the potted plant equals a sh1t ton of legal fees. But like I said, they are good and ethical attorneys (yes they do exist) and in good conscience they try to dissuade their clients from that path.

But nobody ever listens. They might say yes at first but then as soon as the b1tch wants the desk that was in YOUR OFFICE for years and years, by god that cannot stand!! Well I want the focking bedroom set then; all of it! And how come shes getting one more holiday than me with the kids while were at it??! :mad: Next thing you know theyve each spent 30 grand or more just to beat each other up and end up worse off.

So yeah, maybe try to avoid that if you can. Be prepared to concede on some relatively meaningless sh1t if thats what it takes.

Mine was weird property wise. The house was hers outright before we met. Now I had paid taxes on it for years and had paid the equity loan she took out on it, so I could have claimed some equity. But I said fock it, keep it.

I had sold all my stuff when I moved in with her. The furniture was all hers. Since I was moving to China anyway, didnt care. Keep it. And all the dishes and other bullsh!t too.

The debt in her name was hers. The debt in my name was mine. Easy peasy.

I had a friend of mine do it, since I would be gone. We drove together to the attorneys office (I had sold my car), signed the MDA, and that was that. Had dinner together afterward. The next day I picked up two suitcases from the living room, walked out the door, and never saw her again. Got an email of the final signed decree from my lawyer 90 days later.

tanatastic is creepy stalker guy.

Bettah believe it. The creepiest and the stalkiest, don’t forget it.

i kid, but these things become a nasty spiral. chicken/egg.

So Friday night I come home from the bar after eating crawfish. Had a few, but had a ride.I get home a half hour earlier than wifey. She works late on Fridays and doesn't partake in beer and crawfish night. I'm sitting on the neighbors front porch when she pulls up.

Says her hellos to my neighbor, who is a coon ass through and through. Mullato olive skin French girl. (36dd) Sweet woman. Has a daughter the same age. A husband who loves his cars 1968 Camaro more than his wife.

After wifey went inside, I stayed outside talking to coon ass. Our houses are thirty feet apart. Drank more beer, and smoked. Me: Remember that time a few years ago we sat on your back patio in the heat, you and your cousin wearing bra and panties, me in my boxers? That was fun. Coon Ass: my nipples are still wet.

Wifey heard that convo. That was Friday. Haven't spoken to her since. Guessing she heard it. Oh well.